Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Hockey Team

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

if they could only keep the teams to a minimum, we're see more talent in the games and a whole lot of fun, cause we're see who is the best goalscorers and who is the the best goaltenders and playmakers. But no, they had to put 30 teams into the game, that just messed up the whole nhl. Plus in places like Dallas no one knows what hockey is ( i know cause my friend lives there) but places that love hockey like winnipeg, they can't even keep the teams cause of low canadian currency. I thought this was a sport now it got turned into economic thing and money thing, where players don't play if they don't have money and teams can't stay alive because of the low currency of Canada.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

most sports are like that nowadays, they go where the money is, its a business and they run it like a business too
    i think it'll be best if they go back to having just 24 teams, dat'll be perfect. and take teams away from places like florida, nashville, buffalo.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

they should take away teams in the south, nobody knows anything about hockey in the south, they just go to games cause they have nothing to do. They should have teams in hockey crazed cities it would be much more cooler for the team and the fans.

they mite not know much about hockey down south, but they got lots of greenbucks, and dats what counts
    i think we dont have more teams here up north is because we cant afford them, if we get them we'll just lose them again, like we lost the winnipeg jets and quebec nordiques. the currency, population and small tv markets makes it hard to move teams here.

ps- canucks is only 1 point behind avalanches now! wednesday game between them is gonna be huge!

ya that's rite, oh well, it's already good enough with canadian hockey teams who are filled in the heart with hockey spirit. I hope we win in the world cup too, that would make team canada #1 in the world, and i hope it's a rematch between canada and the usa. oh ya, whos that coach that got fired, i hope edmonton pick him up, it'll be better than mactavish, and go vancouver.

the coach dat was just fired is quenville (sp?), yea i agree if edmonton get him they'll prob make the playoff next season, hes really good.
    hey where is the world cup gonna be held at? does canada get to host any games? i think its between canada and russia, usa have really old defense, guys like chelios and leetch is too old and weak to compete against canada's bertuzzi, thornton or iginla. sweden, if they can ever get a goalie, they'll be good too.

ya good point, I think Toronto, Montreal and St. Paul are hosting games on the North American site, visit the site
    http://www.wch2004.com/
    and you'll see who host for North America and who hosts for Europe. Go Canucks, go Canada

not sure if anyone cares... TB lightenings are hot now... I remember back when they are the bottom dweller now as of today tied top team in the Eastern division with Sens and Phillies...
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

ya, i blame american money, who would expect a team from florida to be so hot, this is not cool, economic problems have ruin hockey and the NHL, just watch there won't be an NHL next year because of the strike by NHLPA.

hehe I thought because Lightening sucks over the year where they always get the number 1 draft pick... and after a while those draft pick became good and now they are good
    Flame on I am gone...

wow, is minnisota now the hockey capital of usa!? first they host the all star game, then canada cup, whats next? stanley cup!?!? actually dat would suck, i hate the wilds for knocking out the canucks last yr!
    too bad no games out here in the west, i would even drive to edmonton or calgary if they have a game there.
    Last edited by superkaratemonkey; 03-08-04 at 07:49 AM.

ya that sux, i would rather drive to calgary, boring city, but no, they don't have games in the west so it's not cool. I hope a canadian team wins the stanley cup follow by a win at the world's and that would make Canada top in the Olympics, NHL, World Championships, and World Cup and if they could only win World Juniors then that would mean Canada is the ultiimate hockey country.

im really happy the t-bay lightning is doing good, i still think they have the best 3rd jersey in the league.
    but seriously, i love watching them play, very creative and entertaining. they have so many good offensive players like lecavilier, richards, modin, and a superstar in st louis. khabibulin have one of the best glove hand in the league (not to mention one of the best last name ). i think if they can add a top Dman, they'll easily win the east. im not kidding! NJ without stevens is not gonna win the east. Phili WILL choke again. Tor=lots of injuries. Bos not enough depth. Mtl wont win the east either unless theodeor playes like gigeure did last yr. NYI no chance. Ott have a chance but not sure if lalime is the answer. so basically the east, IMO, is the lightning's to lose.

Originally posted by trizz251
    ya that sux, i would rather drive to calgary, boring city, but no, they don't have games in the west so it's not cool. I hope a canadian team wins the stanley cup follow by a win at the world's and that would make Canada top in the Olympics, NHL, World Championships, and World Cup and if they could only win World Juniors then that would mean Canada is the ultiimate hockey country.
    wow, dat would be awesome!! we already won the olympics, so thats done. world championship should be ours again this yr since guys like luongo, heatley, doan, prongers are available. we are definately the favorite for the world cup. the juniors though, dats hard to say, its been how many yrs since we last won it (im guessing 7yrs)? but with crosby back next yr i think we'll finally win again.
    i think the toughest one for canada is still the stanley cup, as good as Van, Ott, and Tor are, i wouldnt take them over Det, Col, or TB in a 7 games series

Let the hockey war begin

I hope when the playoff comes around it would pit American teams against Canadian team.

Also they might be American teams but they are made with Canadian, Europeon, Russian, etc players
    Flame on I am gone...

Hey canada all the way, there is no way we're going to give up after such a long time we never won da cup. Bring it on America, the maple leaf is going to "strip" you of your stars and stripe and it's all canadian pride, let the revolution of hockey begin. oh ya go Vancouver, kill Colorado with flying colours to take da lead.

lol, the playoff fever begins for james and trizz already
    did you hear sergei gonchar just got traded to the boston bruins?? looks like that cheap bruin's owner is finally ready to spend some cash!

ya our team got back markannen and got nedved from NY, now that is something Kevin Lowe's good at, first Oates, second this, what next a star goaltender. Now Oiler's are really sure to notch a spot if they keep playing like this, with the help of Nedved it's a sure deal if only LA keep on losing.

wow! i did NOT see this coming. i think its a good trade for edmonton, they need some goals. he should be a good fit for the style the oilers play (lots of skating, using speed)
    whats his contract like for next season?
    what a day, first gonchar, then nedved, then leetch, so many trades! its not even the 9th yet

Leetch is gone, to where what did NY get, now that is crazy, that would mean more money to get another star player for the rangers. who won yesterday, i missed the game. I hope van. won.