Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Book and Sword 02

Default When fangirls attack

Um. Seriously, the level of obsession I bear towards ZZZ is really starting to scare even me. It's an odd combination of the character and the actor and vestiges of Suo ErTu (who is basically the same character except ZZZ kills more people) love from Ji Xiang Ru Yi.

Whatever it is, I have spent the last hour or so flipping through the 20 odd episodes I have to go to the end and grinning like a maniac whenever I get to one of his scenes. Is this normal? Is this even sane? Damn you Book and Sword casting director. Damn you.

In any case, sane or not, I get to the "Zhang DaYen, my daughter wants to marry you" debacle. And I am so sad because the girl he likes (god knows why) not only doesn't like him, which would be understandable, but agrees to marry him only to try and kill him on their wedding day. He looks so gosh darn SAD. Okay, I understand that he's the villian but did you have to be so cruel? His point in the series is to stand against the RFS and make them look good when they beat him. Was it really necessary to go around jerking around his (rather limited) emotions?

So big to LYZ for making him sad. Why couldn't you kick a puppy or something wholesome like that. I get that you want revenge for YYT, but YYT probably deserved it anyways.

And that's that.

hehe ur love for zzz is very understandable..............i grin soooo much when i see alec on screen, lol

So I finished speeding through the rest of the episodes, and, um, where's the fighting.

I saw a lot of talking, mostly between Princess Fragrence, CJL and QL. But the limit of the action was approaching zero as the episode numbers increased. No one seemed to want to do anything. The "Romance" part of the title definately becomes highlighted in the second half.

Well, except for the last episode of course , where there is a ton of action and they KILL EVERYONE OFF. What? I understand the need to get rid of the stray villian or so ( Well, it was nice knowing you...) but the bloodbath at the end did seem a bit excessive.

Basically what I have gleaned as the plot:
    Everyone loves PF, PF is oh-so-very important, HQT is sad, XTH and ZQ have a kid, LYZ and YYT get together, the RFS want to do rebel-type stuff and then everyone dies.

who does pf stand for again?

and yeah, i hated the ending, there was no need to kill everybody off, oh haha, i was gonna type princess fragrance, and i just realized pf stands for princess fragrance, silly me, so no need to answer my quesiton, anyways, i didnt' like her at all, so felt no sadness when she died, and dun see y everyone loves her soo much, balh balh balh

i thikn the series got realyl draggy towards the end

hello all,

im thinking about getting it off of yesasia, but they have two versions. one's got 15 dvds and the other's got 16. what's the difference?

thanks,
    nien

nliu, sry i have no clue!!!! cuz i didn't watch the dvd version, wut i saw had 30 vcds, they were longer than usual, more than an hour each.........i think it was 40 episodes

my third time using photoshop, tried to make a book n sword postie, didn't come out that well.........looks kinda bad, sry guys

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://e.domaindlx.com/luvalec/book-and-sword-postie.gif')

This is strange. I just bought this series and it has 45 episodes. What does this mean??

sry my mistake, it's 45 episodes...which i think is wayyy too long considering how draggy it was

I'm on episode 5. Very good so far. A lot of action. I read it gets boring towards the middle or the end?

That's not good!!!!!
    The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos

yeah the opennibng was really good....wiht the fighting, hqt, cjl and stuff

but then towards the middle it slows down too much...and when xiagn xiang gong zhu , or pf, or kesili appears..................it' gets really bad

I'm up to episode 17. Enjoyed it. Draggy for a couple of episodes. Thank god the pace picked up at 16-17. If not, I would swtiched series.....

Surprised that ZWZ actually gave a pretty good performance. Well, it's appropriate for the character anyway....

Kinda sad how much I have been neglecting this series. But other stuff, like college, and college, and more college have required the use of my time. Plus, I have discovered AOL instant messanger in it's full glory and insidiousness.

In fact, to take some emprical data, Yo Kang is more than a couple of episodes further in it that I am. And he started like months after me.

I am so behind in fact, that due to the need to return my borrowed series at some point, I am just going to copy the remaining 20 or so episodes for later viewing.

So owing to the fact that I am not even very punctual with doing that. I am only at about episode 22. But I was just fast forwarding through that episode (To make sure there aren't any corrupted parts that could mess up my process.) when what do I happen upon but the WTL jailbreak sequence.
    And ZZZ whose presence again made me to myself.
    Oh yeah, so that's why I watch this series...

wait, u weren't done yet? i thought u finished the seires already cuz u were commenting on the ending........

I think AnalyticChick skipped to the end.

oh yeah probably........well don't forget to watch those 20 episodes

I am copying down all the episodes for future watching, so I will definitely find the time at some point to actually finish this series.

However, I must confess I have no self control whatsoever when it comes to these kinds of things. Forget delayed gratification. The present is where I want to be.

GD it. I'm confused now. I just finished the series. How much does this deviate from the novel? From what I learned, is everybody (almost) supposed to die at the end? And which one is Zhao Ban. I"m unsure which one he is. Can anybody tell me how much this deviates from the novel? I wanna know. This is the only B and S version available with Indo sub.

Wait a moment.... Isn't Zhao Ban Zhan suppose to be a main a character in FF. GD it! What have they done to this series?! ARGH.

zhao ban shan was the traitor....he got killed off by cjl remember? i can't believe theymade him the traitor...and make everyone else die, it's realy unreasonalbe

and to answer ur quesion...the ending deviated quite a bit, in the novel zhao ban shan wasn' a traitor, and those ppl didn't die