Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Book and Sword 02

you know, ill honestly say this serial was better than loch, xajh, tlbb, and hsds. its a lot smarter and the fighting is cool, not to mention the girls are wicked hot. enjoy.

I'm half way through this series now and up to the part where ZZZ has been captured by the RFS. Every episode is so darn long because they've managed to cram 45 episodes into 30.

I think the fighting is better than HSDS 2003, but not the story as far as I've seen. XAJH is still my favorite all-around. This series spent too many episodes on rescuing (or attempting to and failing to rescue) brother 4 and now that that's over, I don't exactly understand the motivation behind rooting for the RFS. I mean, Qianlong was a darn good emperor and even choosing a ratty looking actor who has the lips of George Bush and the brow furrowing and mustache of Adolf Hitler isn't going to change that. A lot of the supposed heroes come off more as discriminatory wild beasts who are all about fighting and killing than the embodiment of nobility and stability. "We must return the Jiang Shan to Han rule because, and not only just because...the Man are dogs!" Yeah. That sounds good. And we shall choose to hit upon and magnify only that point by screaming and reiterating it vociferously, as it is our only one. The country would probably be worse off with any of them as the leader. Even though CJL doesn't seem to do much, at least he is calm and doesn't behave like a caveman. However, that still doesn't change the fact that he is the leader of a cause I don't support.

I'm waiting for YYT to wake up and realize what an awesome girl he's got crushing on him. Or, maybe he does realize it, but he's just too occupied moping around, looking sad, and feeling sorry for himself to do something about it.

As for the girls, this series does have some pretty ones, but it's got nothin' on DGSD or HSDS in that category IMO. The loud-mouth girl Zhou Qi is sooooo annoying. I cannot stand her and her eyeball-rolling and exaggerated dumbness, but good thing I like her intended, 7th brother, and the actor who plays him. I'm guessing that his hair is the way it is to give him a more scholarly and Kongming-ish look. I can't say that it works or that he comes off as particularly smart, but Joey's got such an endearing face and goofy expressions that you've just gotta be on his side.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 11-28-04 at 06:34 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I think the fighting is better than HSDS 2003, but not the story as far as I've seen. XAJH is still my favorite all-around. This series spent too many episodes on rescuing (or attempting to and failing to rescue) brother 4 and now that that's over, I don't exactly understand the motivation behind rooting for the RFS. I mean, Qianlong was a darn good emperor and even choosing a ratty looking actor who has the lips of George Bush and the brow furrowing and mustache of Adolf Hitler isn't going to change that. A lot of the supposed heroes come off more as discriminatory wild beasts who are all about fighting and killing than the embodiment of nobility and stability. "We must return the Jiang Shan to Han rule because, and not only just because...the Man are dogs!" Yeah. That sounds good. And we shall choose to hit upon and magnify only that point by screaming and reiterating it vociferously, as it is our only one. The country would probably be worse off with any of them as the leader. Even though CJL doesn't seem to do much, at least he is calm and doesn't behave like a caveman. However, that still doesn't change the fact that he is the leader of a cause I don't support.
    You know, we really need to stop agreeing so much - lest we appear to be the same person who just likes to post under two different handles and talk to herself .

But seriously - right on. CJL and his bunch say they are doing it all for the people, but who is going to suffer the most if (and a highly doubtful if at that) civil war breaks out between the Manchu and the Han? Also, they don't seem to have a plan for what happens AFTER they overthrow the Manchus. Are they going to stick to the same dynastic model of government? If so, who are they going to get to be their most perfect and wonderful emperor? CJL?

Again, I will reiterate my point that in lieu of attempting to radically overthrow the government, the RFS can work within it to help enact reforms and thus aid the poor. With their fighting skills and CJL's, ahem, "leadership qualities", they should have no trouble in gaining high office under the emperor. Especially as the Qing seems to have a dearth of talented, or even competant officials.

But no. Rebellion, after all, is much more exciting and glorious stuff. You get to sneak around and make up passwords and have secret meetings with one another. Compared with the mundane, grinding work of reform and management, revolution is faster paced, and more ego-fueling work. The RFS seems to advocate rebellion for the sheer sake of rebellion, which is not only myopic and unrational, but is also highly selfish and egocentric.

I'm waiting for YYT to wake up and realize what an awesome girl he's got crushing on him. Or, maybe he does realize it, but he's just too occupied moping around, looking sad, and feeling sorry for himself to do something about it.
    Oh, so you are at the angsting part?
    Personally, I think it's just because he didn't have a chance to live through his "I am utterly alone and no one understand me" teenage phase, which leads to this example of arrested development.

I was also somewhat dissapointed by the aesthetic presence of the cast. Out of the guys I thought Guo Liang was cute (obviously...) and I liked the looks of 9th brother as well - in spite of the highlights. I thought the prettiest girl was Sun Li, and have always had a respect for Esther Kwan. Everyone else was generally okay looking by actor standards (which translates into very good looking by normal standards...) with no standouts.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticChick
    You know, we really need to stop agreeing so much - lest we appear to be the same person who just likes to post under two different handles and talk to herself .
    I disagree with that statement!!! There, was that convincing enough?

Apparently, the RFS would like Qianlong to continue being the emperor, but switch rulership back to Han from Man. If that isn't one of the most superficial plans I've ever heard... I've noticed that the series does try to make the Man look bad in hopes of giving more weight to the cause of the RFS by having the occasional few Man officers treat the people in local inns badly (i.e., hitting on women and being rude), but there are always going to be some corrupt officers no matter what kind of government has been established.

Yes, YYT is angsting. And he continues to angst. Did I mention that he is still angsting? Why does he have to be so darn stubborn? Sure he was "shot down" by one girl, but that girl was already taken and now he's failing to appreciate the fact that an even better girl is just craving for his love and attention! He seriously needs some and to wake him up. I hope that as his scar (which, incidentally, doesn't get covered up very well per his intention with a bandana over the mouth) continues to fade, so does his emotional blindness.
    I did enjoy the departure from his usual self pity when he pretended to be a weak scholar following those 3 scary looking dudes who were out for revenge. He looked so happy, silly, and naive when he smiled. TKH really exhibits diverse facial expressions (whose whereabouts I'd wondered about due to the prolonged angsting mode of YYT) in the frames when he's fooling the 3 weirdos and then showing a totally different expression when their backs were turned.

Whenever the series cuts to what's going on in the desert with PF, CJL, and HQT, I get so bored.

I find Sun Li more cute than pretty, but I totally dig her character in here. Her eyebrows do all the talking! Vicky Chen looks much better in here than she did in "Xue Hua Nu Shen Long", especially since her character is not annoying. I think Esther is pretty, but she looks rather old at times (under certain lighting conditions and when she's been crying). Rachel Ngan is kind of weird looking, not pretty IMO. The ugliest actress on all fronts is the one who plays Zhou Qi. I don't have anything kind to say about her. I think the actress who played Ru Yi has very nice features. She didn't have much screentime, though.
    As for the guys, eh. No one really rocks my boat, but I enjoy watching TKH the most despite YYT's moping.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yes, YYT is angsting. And he continues to angst. Did I mention that he is still angsting? Why does he have to be so darn stubborn? Sure he was "shot down" by one girl, but that girl was already taken and now he's failing to appreciate the fact that an even better girl is just craving for his love and attention! He seriously needs some and to wake him up.
    Wait until you see Hai Ge Ge in WYN chasing after a girl who won't give him the time of day. I dunno about you, but it makes me sad to see every time he gets shot down by WYN. . Plus in that series, he doesn't have anyone who loves him - even though he is clearly the best looking and most competant male character of the lot. Thankfully, Hi Ge Ge doesn't do much angsting (mainly due to the fact that he isn't on screen nearly enough), but he looks so SAD! SAD I tell you!

I hope that as his scar (which, incidentally, doesn't get covered up very well per his intention with a bandana over the mouth) continues to fade, so does his emotional blindness.
    Well, in a slight spoiler, they do quasi get together towards the end. But as neither of them survive the last episode, all of the romantic buildup between the two comes to naught.

Whenever the series cuts to what's going on in the desert with PF, CJL, and HQT, I get so bored.
    Yes, and then they move that "action" into Beijing to slow down what's happening between the interesting characters. Because, as we all know, there's nothing worst that a show which actually moves at a brisk pace.

I find Sun Li more cute than pretty, but I totally dig her character in here. Her eyebrows do all the talking!
    Like the character, don't like her trying to kill ZZZ. Overall though, I get her logic so I'm not too mad at her. Sorry to harp on this point, but compared to what WYN is doing to poor SXH over in WYN, an attempted assassination is nothing.

Vicky Chen looks much better in here than she did in "Xue Hua Nu Shen Long", especially since her character is not annoying.
    Vicky Chen as in LB? I didn't think she was annoying as much as just too good and noble. In general, I wanted LB and WTL to go off and be happy by themselves somewhere. Partly because I think they deserved it, and partly because then the action could turn to some more flawed characters.

Well, in a slight spoiler, they do quasi get together towards the end. But as neither of them survive the last episode, all of the romantic buildup between the two comes to naught.
    I tried not to get too attached to these two knowing their tragic outcome, but I couldn't help it. Maybe they can finally be happy together when they're in that place we fondly know of as "jiu quan zi xia".
    I saw episode 22 tonight. It's funny yet also very sad at the same time how no matter what LYZ tries to do (including "dying"), YYT remains in wood mode. He'd rather be her "cow and horse" than lover/lifelong companion. Erm. Side note: HQT is a nice girl, but a hypocrite. She told LYZ never to give up on YYT if she feels that it's true love, but she herself has basically handed CJL to her sister on a silver platter.

Yes, and then they move that "action" into Beijing to slow down what's happening between the interesting characters. Because, as we all know, there's nothing worst that a show which actually moves at a brisk pace.
    Tell me about it. Any scene involving Qianlong bores me to tears too. The worst ones are with PF and Qianlong. I can't stand his scrunched up face a.k.a. the actor's attempt to look serious and focused. I am very tempted to fast forward (which I rarely, if ever, do when I watch something for the first time) through these dull scenes, but then I don't want to risk missing important info exchanged during the dialogue or something.
    Not that this is new news or anything, but the huang tai hou is a biatch. Isn't she portrayed by the same actress who played the Jade Fox in the film "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"?

Like the character, don't like her trying to kill ZZZ. Overall though, I get her logic so I'm not too mad at her. Sorry to harp on this point, but compared to what WYN is doing to poor SXH over in WYN, an attempted assassination is nothing.
    I haven't gotten to this part yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Vicky Chen as in LB? I didn't think she was annoying as much as just too good and noble. In general, I wanted LB and WTL to go off and be happy by themselves somewhere. Partly because I think they deserved it, and partly because then the action could turn to some more flawed characters.
    Yep, Vicky played LB. I think you misunderstood me or just misread. I didn't say that she's annoying in this show. I found her, or rather her character, annoying in XHNSL. I agree that LB and WTL deserve to be happy together somewhere. They're just the noblest of noble couples which pretty much makes them uninteresting in terms of entertainment.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I tried not to get too attached to these two knowing their tragic outcome, but I couldn't help it. Maybe they can finally be happy together when they're in that place we fondly know of as "jiu quan zi xia".
    Well, since just about all of the main cast gets killed off in the last half hour, at least they will have plenty of company down there.

I saw episode 22 tonight. It's funny yet also very sad at the same time how no matter what LYZ tries to do (including "dying"), YYT remains in wood mode. He'd rather be her "cow and horse" than lover/lifelong companion. Erm.
    Yup. There's a fine line between subtle and just plain dense - devoted and just plain stubborn. I think romances in these serials cross over far too often. With all this emphasis on being "han xu" and absolute devotion to "one true love" (whether or not, you know, that love is reciprocated...), it boggles the mind to think how the Chinese scholarly caste managed to propagate itself. The peasants, on the other hand, were probably working too hard to take note of this phenomenon.

Side note: HQT is a nice girl, but a hypocrite. She told LYZ never to give up on YYT if she feels that it's true love, but she herself has basically handed CJL to her sister on a silver platter.
    That's because PF is a faiwy pwincess whom we must all pay homage to! Thus no sacrifice is too great for our dear Princess Fragrence because, after all, she's a princess and so fragrant too.

Tell me about it. Any scene involving Qianlong bores me to tears too. The worst ones are with PF and Qianlong. I can't stand his scrunched up face a.k.a. the actor's attempt to look serious and focused. I am very tempted to fast forward (which I rarely, if ever, do when I watch something for the first time) through these dull scenes, but then I don't want to risk missing important info exchanged during the dialogue or something.
    Sigh. The saddest part is that I liked QL ever so much when he was first introduced. Sure, the actor only has a repository of about five facial expressions which he scrolls through. But the character was so competent, and effective, and unambiguous when he first showed up. I liked him very much as a leader - especially when compared to CJL. But then PF enters the scene and we have the emperor of all the Chinas losing his wits, character, and mind over a woman?

Yep, Vicky played LB. I think you misunderstood me or just misread. I didn't say that she's annoying in this show. I found her, or rather her character, annoying in XHNSL. I agree that LB and WTL deserve to be happy together somewhere. They're just the noblest of noble couples which pretty much makes them uninteresting in terms of entertainment.
    Ah. No, I didn't misread you, I just didn't articulate myself very well (happens a lot, in fact). What I should have written was:

Vicky Chen as in LB? Personally, I did find her a bit annoying. But not so much annoying as just too good and noble for my tastes.

You know, for the same person, we sure get our messages mixed up an awful lot.

Well, since just about all of the main cast gets killed off in the last half hour, at least they will have plenty of company down there.
    That's a comforting thought. I think. So you did watch all of this series. I was under the impression that you were so fed up with it that you quit watching towards the end or maybe you just gave up on the episode guide?

With all this emphasis on being "han xu" and absolute devotion to "one true love" (whether or not, you know, that love is reciprocated...),
    Yeah, I don't know how many times I've heard LYZ claim that she will never bother YYT again, and then NOT make good on that promise. Honestly, so far, I am not under the impression that YYT has any real romantic feelings for LYZ (mainly just gratitude) and it's not just guilt and feelings of worthlessness that are holding him back.

That's because PF is a faiwy pwincess whom we must all pay homage to! Thus no sacrifice is too great for our dear Princess Fragrence because, after all, she's a princess and so fragrant too.
    Oh brother. HQT is a princess too, but she seems more like PF's maid than anything else. Do they have the same mother?
    Besides not supporting CJL's RFS cause, I also detest how quickly he's gotten over his love for HQT. PF over a better looking, smarter, more caring, talented and able woman?

Sigh. The saddest part is that I liked QL ever so much when he was first introduced. Sure, the actor only has a repository of about five facial expressions which he scrolls through. But the character was so competent, and effective, and unambiguous when he first showed up. I liked him very much as a leader - especially when compared to CJL. But then PF enters the scene and we have the emperor of all the Chinas losing his wits, character, and mind over a woman?
    Maybe I would like Qianlong more in this series if a different actor were playing him. Why is Qianlong such a mama's boy in here? Isn't this supposed to be like the 25th or so year of his reign so how does the huang tai hou still have the power to dethrone him at her will? Aye, I should know better than to question Jin Yong's logic.

You know, for the same person, we sure get our messages mixed up an awful lot.
    Well how else do we expect to fool the public?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I only have three more episodes to go in this series thanks to my fast forwarding through most of the scenes involving PF and Qianlong. I have to say that I laughed so hard when Qianlong asked what CJL's got that he doesn't have. "Surely I, as a Royal Dragon Seed must be more handsome than that CJL fellow." I guess he's never looked in a mirror before.

LYZ and YYT are cuter than ever now that they're officially together and about to get married. YYT is extra adorable when he's trying to please LYZ, even making up that silly little poem to appease her. Frankly I want the series to end right now. I don't want them to die 'cause it'll just be too and . It's also very frustrating knowing who the traitor is and what's going to happen because although 4th brother is smart, he's way too soft and easily convinced!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I finished watching this series. Bah. I knew the ending was coming, but it still sucked. This might sound mean and insensitive, but if a certain someone was going to die anyway, why'd they spend so many episodes in the first half trying to rescue him? He, of all people, should not have been killed off. And poor YYT and LYZ!!! They went through so much together and this is the "fruit" of their labor?! I didn't care that PF killed herself, though. I was actually hoping she'd either ditch CJL for Qianlong or die so that HQT could be with CJL. Qianlong was a selfish and backstabbing jerk for stealing (or at least attempting to steal) his brother's intended. He's got some nerve expecting people to still trust him and it was almost ridiculous that they did. Way to completely twist history and make Qianlong seem like a weak emperor during the entire first half of his reign.

All those people died at the end for what? For what?!?! Qianlong: "Okay, now I will be a good emperor." Competent folk: "For the good of the country and its people?" Qianlong: "Well, no, it's because I made a promise to PF." Remnants of the RFS: "Good, because if you don't heed that promise, we'll come back and kill you (since, as seen throughout the series, it's as easy turning over one's palm to get ahold of and do whatnot to the emperor)." WTF??? I'm just glad this thing is over.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I finished watching this series. Bah. I knew the ending was coming, but it still sucked. This might sound mean and insensitive, but if a certain someone was going to die anyway, why'd they spend so many episodes in the first half trying to rescue him? He, of all people, should not have been killed off.
    What, and break ranks with his brothers? Knowing the RFS, you're probably not a "real" man if you don't get killed in an idiotic, badly planned, pointless rush against the might of the Qing Dynasty.

And poor YYT and LYZ!!! They went through so much together and this is the "fruit" of their labor?!
    Yup. But you knew it was coming. I mean, what would we think of this series if some tertiary characters got together at the end, but not the vastly more important main characters.

And they kill ZZZ! But at that point, he deserved it. See, this is what I'm talking about with killing villians with reason. For offing the lovable, coupled female, ZZZ gets stuck on a spear. In XSSJX, Lu Pao is going to get killed because of a TON of stuff he did that we won't go into detail here. But in Wu Yan Nu, Hai Ge Ge is just going to get killed because they writers wrote themselves into a corner and really couldn't have the villian prevailing in the end.

I didn't care that PF killed herself, though.
    But people in the series do - and that's what's important. Also, Jin Yong obviously does so that's why you should care too.

All those people died at the end for what? For what?!?!
    Perhaps for proof that the directors can do a really good death scene? They were so enamoured with how the first one turned out, they just decided to repeat it for the rest of the cast?

Or to show that struggling against an authoritarian power is pointless if you don't look like PF? That you can't enact any change in the status quo unless you can beguile the leader and then die a noble death?

Or maybe the producers were worrried this series was much too good up to this point, so they had to tack on a really random and annoying ending just to balance things out a bit.

Anyone know the vietnamese title for this ??And Zhao Wen Zhou is in this..right???

Default huang tai hou

In case someone is interested to know, the "huang tai hou" is CJL's mom in
    Hua Mulan. ZWZ portray General Li Liang in the drama Hua Mulan.

The actress who portray huang tai hou is very comical in Hua Mulan.

Quote Originally Posted by x0_jenniee
    Anyone know the vietnamese title for this ??And Zhao Wen Zhou is in this..right???
    The correct title is "Thu* Kie^'m A^n Cu*`u Lu.c" but they shortened it to "Thu* Kie^'m A^n Thu`"

I'm so behind, just started to watch this yesterday and omg I'm loving it. I liked the novel, minus Chen Jia Luo and the outcome of the love plots so I didn't look into the adaptations.
    Like someone said, I like this alot better than the other Jin Yong adaptations. Zhao Wen Zhou is so kool when he does martial arts. His form and stances are beautiful. I definately prefer the fightings in this series than all the CG stuff in ROCH right now.
    and yeah, go yuanzhi and yutong

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    The correct title is "Thu* Kie^'m A^n Cu*`u Lu.c" but they shortened it to "Thu* Kie^'m A^n Thu`"

I'm so behind, just started to watch this yesterday and omg I'm loving it. I liked the novel, minus Chen Jia Luo and the outcome of the love plots so I didn't look into the adaptations.
    Like someone said, I like this alot better than the other Jin Yong adaptations. Zhao Wen Zhou is so kool when he does martial arts. His form and stances are beautiful. I definately prefer the fightings in this series than all the CG stuff in ROCH right now.
    and yeah, go yuanzhi and yutong
    LOL! You revived my original thread!!

I'm glad you're enjoying it. This is one of my favorite series, and I would definitely watch it again.

I LOVE Yuan Zhi. But I like the 9th brother a lot too. [Forgot his name...it's been a while.]

I'm only up to eps 9, currently at school so I can't watch the rest. Seriously in a withdrawal mood cuz there's no one to talk to about Yuanzhi and Yutong so yah, I'm just gonna do some rambling to get my mind move on to studying for a test tomorrow.

Shu Jian has always been underrated compared to other Jin Yong novels. And I can see why.
    1. There's the anti-Manchu theme again... beside Lu Ting Ji, what anti-Manchu story ever ends well? Sure it's fictional but even Jin Yong can't rewrite history.
    2. Chen Jia Luo is as real as you can get. But between flying on rooftops and paralyzing enemies by pressing their yuedao points, us viewers just don't want reality. He doesn't exude the daxia air like Qiao Feng; he isn't a cool rebel who's hopelessly in love like Yang Guo, he doesn't possess the overly good heart of Guo Jing. In plain words, this guy sucks.
    3. Not only did his heart waver, he picked the pretty boring one over the less pretty yet smart one, hence the perfectly good and favorable girl got ditched.
    4. What, that's not enough to ruin a story already?

Well... there's nothing I can do about #1. As for #2, I enjoyed the scholarly image of the hero for once. I like the fan, I like the good looks, and what's wrong with not having an extreme personality? He's a man with man's frailties, and so it's easier to sympathize with him.
    #3, let's be reminded that Zhang Wuji was also confused about who he loves most. It's actually Zhao Min's efforts that got us the happy ending. Wei Xiao Bao had 7 wives and I hear no complaints. Huo Qingtong just lost her chance. While PF is a lot more approachable, freeingly shows him her feelings, HQT just gives up completely. The time he spends w/ PF is also a lot more. Circumstances just brought them together. And it's not like he was being a cheater; he actually thought it out. That if he were to die, PF would not be able to live w/o him, but HQT would be able to live on. So in a sense, he felt the need to protect the fragile girl. Of course w/ all this said, I'm still upset that HQT ended up alone. Jin Yong shoulda just left out PF altogether, cuz c'mon, what male will leave the innocent goddess from heaven alone?
    And the whole sacrificing PF, I can't back him up. But we should keep in mind that Guo Jing also sacrificed his daughter, Guo Xiang. And it's been a while, but CJL didn't anticipate PF dying as a result of his decision, did he?

anyway... perhaps tomorrow after the test I will ramble more on my other couples. I like Brother 9 and Zhou Yi too.

Hmmm I agree with your reasoning for point #2, but I still hate CJL for his choice for #3.

It's partially HQT's fault, since she just gave in w/o a fight, but it's PF's fault too, since at one point she found out about HQT and CJL, but still wanted to be with CJL. AND it's CJL's fault, since he and HQT already kind of had a "thing" and he still flirted with PF and all that. But I do agree that HQT should not have been left alone in the end. She's strong, but all women should be happy with a guy. And she was not.

I didn't like the cast pick for PF at all.

haha, I'm glad you decided to pick up the old discussion w/ me.
    It's hard to find women as beautiful as JY describes. I was thinking Liu Yifei woulda been a much better choice for PF if it was filmed now. Cuz she really fits into that young angelic type. But then, I thought ZWZ would look like a pedophile next to her :P so n/m to that.

Hmm... who's on the list. Xu Tian Hom and Zhou Yi. I haven't seen Joey since his DIF days so I'm pretty happy to see him here. When I read the novel, I imagined a more rugged guy. But that doesn't matter, he's still smart and short . And Joey is such a dork that I believe XTH's scenes w/ Zhou Yi will flow quite well.
    The Zhou Yi I pictured is an outspoken girl. But she speaks the truth and isn't in the least way annoying. I just saw 2 mins of her in the series, and gahh, she's annoying. I hope she gets better cuz the way she's pissing off right now is so uncalled for. Her speech and facial expressions are over the top. I pray the woman XTH marries will be at least tolerable.

Lol Yeah LYF's look is good for PF, but ANYONE looks like a pedophile next to her. She's still too childish looking.

Zhou Yi is pretty annoying at first, but it gets better IMO. She grew on me anyways.

AHH I don't remember all the details. I should watch it again...maybe...lol

Zhou Yi is okay now. I think it's cute how she gives crap about what ppl will think about her staying with Tian Hom while they're not married.

Not many scenes btw YYT and LYZ in the last 9 eps (I'm up to eps 18 now). So
    I went back to read the ending some days ago. And I sat crying in the computer lab cuz of the dialogues which went btw YYT and LYZ. I'm glad he ignored her before that. It makes his final confession so much more touching.

LYZ faintly asks, "What is that? Are we back in Hanzhou?"
    YYT softly replies, "They're only mirages created by the desert sand. Close your eyes and rest."
    LYZ says, "No, that's Hanzhou's Lofeng Pagoda. I came there with my father before. Where's my father? I want to see him."
    YYT agreed to marry her only because he wanted to avenge his master's death. Now seeing her ill to the point of loosing her mind, he suddenly feels sorry and starts to develop loving feelings for her. He lightly pats on her hand and says, "We'll go back now. I want to see your father too."
    A smile appears on LYZ's lips. She asked, "Who are you?"
    Seeing LYZ's eyes becoming clouded, YYT became frightened and answer, "I am your betrothed Yu shi ge. I will be good to you from now on."
    Tears dwell on LYZ's eyes, "You don't love me, I know. Please go find my father for me. I'm about to go."
    She gazes at the illusioned images and says, "That's the West Pond. My father is working as a magistrate by the West Pond. He... he... do you know him?"
    YYT's heart suddenly pains. She's saved me many times, and I owe her both gratitude and love, yet I completely ignored her. Because of me, she is now dying from injuries. What can I do now?
    He reaches out and hold her tightly against him. He says softly, "I truly love you. You won't die."
    LYZ gave out a long breath.
    YYT immediately calls out, "Tell me, tell me you won't die!"

We all know LYZ loves him a lot. She even "forces" him into marrying her. If at the end, she accepts that he doesn't love her, and only asks for her father, it means she really thinks she is dying. For a bold girl to become so vulnerable, it has to melt the coldest heart, no doubt.
    Last edited by hinako442003; 04-16-06 at 09:33 PM.