Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Book and Sword 02

Smile Book and Sword 02

I just finished this series and I'm so sad!! This reminds me of Shakespeare, where almost everyone dies at the end. It's so fresh on my mind, I'm wondering if there's anyone else who would want to discuss this series with me. The plot, characters, acting, whatever, and no problem with spoilers...I'm done now!

You already finished it. I just started watching it. I really like especially Sun Li's performance. Can I get some more info or a summary?
    Currently Watching:
    Book and Sword 2002
    A Chinese Ghost Story
    Find the Light

hey stephi! welcome to this sorta dead thread :P but yea, this is the only series that i've seen sun li in, but she is definitely awesome! and you'll love this series!! i'm not sure what kind of background info you want, but i'll be happy to discuss it with you as you go on in the series, it's always awesome to see another point of view on the same series

hey thanks. Well i just want some summary or spoliers on what's gonna happen between yu yu tong and sun li's character.
    Currently Watching:
    Book and Sword 2002
    A Chinese Ghost Story
    Find the Light

well yu yu tong and sun li's character, yuan tzi, have a really complicated relationship. yuan tzi is always trying to be with him, help him, show him that she loves him, but he's just not into that stuff, and so things go on and on, their story gets really good towards the end. i don't really want to spoil it for you though because it's one of the best stories in the series!!!

ok thanks hehe. do you know how many episodes their is in this series?
    Currently Watching:
    Book and Sword 2002
    A Chinese Ghost Story
    Find the Light

i think there's about...44? 45? it's pretty long, but it's excellent! i wouldn't mind watching it over and over and over again! the story is awesome, and ZWZ is amazing as chen jia luo.

haha... ok. lol wow pretty long. so about twenty something tapes? Thanks. Can't wait to see the ending which is gonna take a long time.
    Currently Watching:
    Book and Sword 2002
    A Chinese Ghost Story
    Find the Light

Talking Esther Kwan & Zhao Wei

can you tell me so what happen to Esther Kwan and Zhao Wei charc. I know in the preview he fall in love with the girl in the White Dress. So is Esther gonna end up with him... ? thanks
    ~StarAngels~

Spoilers

They're not going to end up together.

Spoilers

It is rather sad, but probably more realistic. I was always amazed how that ending fight could happen in the book with the hunchback and Bald Vulture being the only casualties on the Red Flower side (Bald Vulture's wife committed suicide, so that was hardly a point for the Qing army). It was quite violent and shocking at the end, though, and I didn't expect quite so many to die, and so quickly, and so... pointlessly. At least Luo Bing survived - she was very pretty, if not as sweet as Yuanzhi... =)

What spoilt the show a bit for me was how they handled Wen Tailai and Zhao Banshan - I guess there's no way they can make a Flying Fox series now....

Ian

SPOILERS
    ian liew--who's bald vulture?....and who's his wife...? i never read the books...so--i don't know if the series changed the book at all.

yea, i didn't like how wen tailai died either...i was really shocked that that happened too...sad!

i also...really hated keshili. and then chen jia luo because he left huo qing tong for her. keshili was such a stupid...naive...evillLLLL character... and in the series, i really don't think she was the prettiest. plus she didn't look anything like her brother and sister or father. so it wasn't quite believable that she was part of their "clan." so. i'm glad she died and wasn't able to be with chen jia luo. wow i'm evil...

Spoilers
    Bald Vulture was Huo Qingtong's male teacher (the husband portion of the Tianshan Twin Eagles). In the book he dies in the final battle, and before he dies he tells his wife that she is now free to love Chen Jialuo's teacher, who she had a romance with when younger. She then commits suicide to prove her love to her husband.

In the book, apart from Bald Vulture, the only other casualty was tenth brother, the hunchback whose name escapes me at the moment. The rest of them all survive miraculously - against the entire Qing army.

Wen Tailai's death was shocking, mainly because I didn't see it coming, but it wasn't as annoying as how it happened. The "Thousand Armed Buddha" Zhao Banshan was a major character in both this book and the Flying Fox, where he becomes Hu Fei's sworn brother, and the way his story developed was really bad. In the book he's arguably the most level-headed and reliable (and cool) brother in the Society.

I didn't find Ke Shili half as annoying as Zhou Qi, though. I don't know what the producers were thinking making her a comic relief character. As I watched her scenes it was like watching a much less cute version of Huan Zhu Ge Ge (at least Zhao Wei was naturally cute.. Zhou Qi's overacting and rolling of her eyeballs really put me off). It may be cruel, but I wish she and Xu died rather than the "other couple" (shhh) who were so sweet throughout the entire series.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 12-30-03 at 05:37 PM.

SPOILERS
    haha, I actually liked the relationship between Zhuo Qi and Xu. I thought the whole thing was very cute and funny. And in the last scene where her father died to save his grandson was very touching.

I wish they had put more emphasis and time onto the relationship between Yu Yu Tong and Yuan Zhi though. They had one of the best stories, and they did a good job leading up to it, but once they were together, their deaths was the only REAL part where you saw their love come completely out.

The reason I really don't like Keshi Li is because in my mind she "stole" Chen Jia Luo from Huo Qing Tong, her sister, and HQT is always giving things up for her, and now her "man" too. And her naivete kind of was annoying.

heres a great site on the story of book and sword which is translated into english.
    http://www.qiqi.com/cgi-bin/bk2.pl?f...inyong&in=jy01

so Yuan Zhi died at the end right? How did she died?
    Currently Watching:
    Book and Sword 2002
    A Chinese Ghost Story
    Find the Light

Aww..stephi you really want to know? Part of keeping up with watching series is the falling off the edge of your seat anticipation on what will happen! If you know everything, then the series isn't fun anymore!

lol ok I'll wait lol. But I'll be falling off the edge of my seat anticipation whats gonna happen then I'll be like come on what happen next lol. hey chynagongju do you have aim? I know you have a xanga cause I visit it. I also have a xanga too. Oh yeah thanks for the spoliers.
    Currently Watching:
    Book and Sword 2002
    A Chinese Ghost Story
    Find the Light

yup i have aim---same name as my spcnet name!

Book and Sword is a great series. You'll have a good time watching it!

i only read the book and want to see a tv series, so would u guys suggest this one? but i dun like how they kill off so many ppl and made zhao ban shan a bad guy, cuz i sitll really relaly wanna see flying fox

and i hated keshi li too!!! for the same reason, she acts like this naive ilittle girl, but she stole chen jia luo away from her sister, she's always the one getting stuff, and her sis is heartbroken and she doesn't even realize it, she just keeps on acting as the innocent goody girl, who plays huo qing tong? she's my fav female in this book

Yay! Another person to discuss Book and Sword with us!

I haven't read the book, but I really liked the series. The acting was superb, and each person played their part really well.

YAY! Another Keshili hater! Haha...that's exactly how I feel about her too! And she totally didn't even look like she was a sibling to Huo Qing Tong. Who is played by Esther Kwan Wing Ho. Esther does a really good job portraying the strong character that Huo Qing Tong is. I really liked her, and Yuan Zhi, who's played by Sun Li.