Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: To Grow with Love (Fei Tin Hei See)

Wink TVB's Bridget Jones's Diary

Hey all!

Did anyone hear about TVB making a series based on Bridget Jones's Diary?
    Apparently Myolie Wu will play Bridget (including piling on the Pounds) and Alex Fong (the singer/swimmer) will play Hugh Grant's character but I think he looks too wholesome to play a cad!

I wonder how they are gonna translate the smoking, drinking, and that Bridget is 'past it'? Or are they gonna put a TVB interpretation on it?

Post To Grow with Love (Fei Tin Hei See)

Hey all!

Did you know that TVB were planning to make a series based on Bridget Jones's Diary??!! Apprently Myolie would play the Bridget (inc piling on the pounds! ) and Alex Fong (the singer/swimmer) will be playing the Hugh Grant character although I personally think he looks too wholesome to play that character. How are they gonna transfer the smoking, drinking, swearing, Bridget being 'past it'? Knowing TVB they would probably adapt it so it would be 'loosely based'!

I'm jusy wondering who will play the Mark Darcy character....someone who is aloof but kind underneath??!! Any ideas??

That Alex is too young to play Hugh Grant's womanizing character! u sure not the older Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    That Alex is too young to play Hugh Grant's womanizing character! u sure not the older Alex?
    I think it's the older Alex, hehe. I know Myolie is a good actress and all, but I don't know if she can be 'Bridget'. I think it's just going to be weird to have this HK version...Mark Darcy is going to be a bit tough to find.;/
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

Yeah at first I thought it would be older Alex but I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of the young Alex in the newspapers!!!

TVB will probably pair Myolie with Raymond, Bosco, Ron, Sammul etc even though they are nothing like Mark Darcy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cockneysandy
    Yeah at first I thought it would be older Alex but I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of the young Alex in the newspapers!!!

TVB will probably pair Myolie with Raymond, Bosco, Ron, Sammul etc even though they are nothing like Mark Darcy!!!!
    Eek..the young Alex? That is really not going to work. I can imagine there will be a bit of chemistry between the two because Myolie's a really great actress and all, but I can't imagine Alex as the role of Daniel Cleaver.
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

I'm sure it's the older Alex Fong, I heard they put the wrong alex pic on the newspapers...
    Never saw Bridget Jones's Diary before... but making a chinese version? TVB's been doing this a lot lately, hmm are they running out of ideas??
    But go Myolie anyways~
    Watching:~ Dicey Business, The Gentle Crackdown, The Gateau Affairs
    Recently Finished: ~ To Grow with Love, The Academy

I like Bosco, Raymond, Myolie and a lot of the other young actors, but I would prefer this series to consist of older actors. I think older actors are more suitable for this kind of women's problem drama. Renée Zellweger, Hugh Grant, Colin Firth in the US version aren't spring chicken either.

It's disgusting how TVB execs gave all the good roles to their favourite few actors instead of choosing actors according to suitability to the roles.

I'm glad that Alex Fong is in the series. At least add some weight to it.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Sound like a remake I don't like re-makes

sorry...but im not familiar with the story of bridget jones hehe, anyone care to enlighten me?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Ok, Bridget Jones is a 30 something single woman. She smokes, drinks, swears and is on a yo-yo diet. She wants to get married but hasn't found the right person yet and her career is going nowhere (I think it was publishing).

She thinks she meets the man of her dreams (Daniel Cleaver character AKA Alex Fong) but he turns out to be a player. What Bridget doesn't realise is that the man she hates (due to LOTS of misunderstandings!) is in fact misunderstood and she begins to see him in a new light.

Hope that helps!

Its basically based on Pride and Prejudice with a modern interpretation and TVB are doing a 'remake' or shall we call it a 're-interpretation'??!! Good that they chose Myolie cos she's a really great actress but I agree with Kidd in that they should give these roles to older actors!!

oh! thanks for the explanation really appreciate it very much!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

thanks for the explanation too. i hope myolie does good in this series

im sure she will she's afterall a good actress
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    im sure she will she's afterall a good actress
    I read an article saying that Myolie accepted the role once she was asked. She's really getting the chances.

yeah, and im glad for that. i remember hating myolie when i first saw her in eternal happiness. but she had improved drastically
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

yeah, and im glad for that. i remember hating myolie when i first saw her in eternal happiness. but she had improved drastically
    has myolie ever paired with ray yet? or are they pairing in TaiChi? or is she not in taichi?

myolie and ray paired in survivor's law remember?
    cherrie

TommyH
    Unregistered

myolie and ray paired in survivor's law remember?
    hehe o yeah! somehow tvb always try new pairings. Leila paired with Ron in TOB, Ray in TLB, Bosco in LMS, Sammul in BB. Myolie paired with Ron in LITCOL, Bosco in WOIL, Ray in SL, Sammul in WRTL.

haha! btw, have u seen myolie in any kissing scenes? seems none right?
    cherrie