Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did H7G manage to catch up to OYF?

Default How did H7G manage to catch up to OYF?

At the end of LOCH, it was well known that OYF was better than the other greats. But when OYF and H7G fought to in ROCH, they were both equal.

How much did H7G and OYF improve from the end of LOCH till they fought?

Also, was HYS and YD better than OYF in ROCH?

Is it possible that OYF in ROCH forgot some of his Kongfu?

Wasn't it because he learned some of 9 yin from GJ after he lost all his kung fu in LOCH?

Or was that just in LOCH 82?

Shadow: Yes, but at the end of LOCH, H7G regained his kungfu, though he was injuried before he fought GJ.

I think i remember it was stated that H7G catch up to him with the asistance of the real 9 Yin cultivation, which is suppierior to the fake.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

H7G only learned a small bit of 9 yin...
    anywayz...my theory is that OYF probably didn't practice much cuz he was um...crazy. Plus, he was injured by GJ at the begining. And when people are at a high level like the greats...a small bit better or weaker wouldn't make all the difference.

Yeah, but I remember reading it that H7G caught up because of his 9 Yin better than the fake one. OYF's martial arts was observed to be better by GJ and HR during the begining of ROCH when they confronted. And OYF vs H7G happens a few years after that. It is most likely H7G caught up because his improving rate was faster.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

At the end of LOCH OYF's kung fu certainly is higher than H7K due to fake 9 yin jen jing. After reach that peak, also because of fake 9 yin, he lost his mind and his kung fu was deteriorating, until at certain degree ( I guess after he found Yang Guo again and had a little discussion about his fake 9 yin), he realised something wrong with his kung fu ( I think OYF is genius at Martial Art), and steadily regained his sanity. On the other hands, at the ends of LOCH, H7K just caught up with HYS's kung fu or perhaps slightly worse due to he just recovered. By learning a little part of real 9 Yin, ultimately,In their last battle, H7k could catch up and died together with OYF as well.
    Last edited by ToOn99; 12-29-03 at 08:35 AM.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

So how much did OYF improve?

OYF wasn't really better then HYS and H7G at LOCH's end. It was just his crazy mixed up kung fu that took them by surprise.

Why didn't they gang up on him, like they did against WCY?

Originally posted by anatoly_karpov
    Why didn't they gang up on him, like they did against WCY?
    1. First, the original Greats *never* ganged up on Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung during the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. That would have been dishonorable and unbecoming of the Greats (even West Poison Au Yeung Fung, who did have a warped sense of honor after all). Moreover, if the Greats had ganged up on Wong Chung Yeung, they would have slaughtered him at the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. Wong Chung Yeung held an edge over each of the other Greats individually, but he was never so powerful that he could hope to take all four of them simultaneously. He arguably could not have withstood even two of them if they attacked him in unison.

2. Again, Wong Yung observed at the Second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament that if her father and her teacher (East Heretic Wong Yerk See and North Beggar Hung 7 Gung) had chosen to gang up on Au Yeung Fung, they would have definitely defeated him ... faux-9 Yum Jen Ging or not. Wong Yerk See and Hung 7 Gung were too honorable for that, however, and believed that such an act would bring shame to them even if they did defeat Au Yeung Fung. Furthermore, even with his faux-9 Yum amp-up, Au Yeung Fung wasn't exactly beating up on Wong Yerk See and Hung 7 Gung. Au Yeung Fung *barely* won those fights, and his advantage was more attributable to the bizarre, unpredictable nature of his skills than anything else.
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 12-29-03 at 09:41 PM.

So didn't the fake 9 yin make OYF more powerful?

Originally posted by anatoly_karpov
    So didn't the fake 9 yin make OYF more powerful?
    Slightly, but not overwhelmingly so. Most of all, it just made his martial arts *weird* . . . so weird that Wong Yerk See and Hung 7 Gung couldn't quite get a handle on how to deal with it. Au Yeung Fung did not, however, become extraordinarily powerful through the use of the faux-9 Yum Jen Ging. Any boost he received from the warped manual would not have matched what he could have gotten from the real, proper 9 Yum Jen Ging.

Wong Yerk See and Hung 7 Gung couldn't quite get a handle on how to deal with it.
    Nah they both began to understand OYF's weird kungfu, which was almost the same as his old one but was reversed and had a few extra crazy moves in it. It's not surprising that they would catch up to OYF later.

About the 4 Greats ganging up on WCY... the only person who could take on the 4 LOCH Greats would be the Sweeper Monk of DGSD. Others would probably be killed in less than 10 moves.
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

Originally posted by ToOn99
    At the end of LOCH OYF's kung fu certainly is higher than H7K due to fake 9 yin jen jing. After reach that peak, also because of fake 9 yin, he lost his mind and his kung fu was deteriorating, until at certain degree ( I guess after he found Yang Guo again and had a little discussion about his fake 9 yin), he realised something wrong with his kung fu ( I think OYF is genius at Martial Art), and steadily regained his sanity. On the other hands, at the ends of LOCH, H7K just caught up with HYS's kung fu or perhaps slightly worse due to he just recovered. By learning a little part of real 9 Yin, ultimately,In their last battle, H7k could catch up and died together with OYF as well.
    It was observed that OYF's martial arts actually gotten better, so his peak was probably during ROCH.

when I read noodles translation, it seems to imply that OYF's condition was deteriorating due to fake 9 yin, anyway, perhaps I was wrong so dont bother
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Originally posted by TristeCoeur
    Nah they both began to understand OYF's weird kungfu, which was almost the same as his old one but was reversed and had a few extra crazy moves in it. It's not surprising that they would catch up to OYF later.

About the 4 Greats ganging up on WCY... the only person who could take on the 4 LOCH Greats would be the Sweeper Monk of DGSD. Others would probably be killed in less than 10 moves.
    What about DuGu QiuBai?
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

hm...i believe it was stated that both H7G and OYF's martial arts had improved at their last Hua Shan Battle.

Originally posted by TristeCoeur
    mmm... I'm thinking Xu Zhu or Xiao Feng could last quite long even if they didn't win