Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unbeatables 1 to 3

Default Unbeatables 1 to 3

Well there is a thread on The Unbeatables3 and that is the first part I saw. After that I wanted to see the previous ones so rented the 2nd part and just finished it last night. Didn't want to create a Unbeatables 2 thread, but more of one that contained all three parts so could discuss it all togehter in one place. So on with my chatting of the series.

Many who have seen all three parts comment that the 2nd one is the best. I don't know, since I've only seen the 2nd and 3rd part I can only comment on these two. For me I find that the 3rd part is a tiny ounce better. Here is the different categories that I was thinking of when watching the second part.

Cast - 3rd part wins even though I love Chew Chor Meng!!! The 3rd part had more stars that I liked.

Storyline - 2nd part wins. I really enjoyed the story of Zoe and Li Nanxiang's fathers. It was really interesting watching.

Relationships - neither. They where about equal in ways. But I think the 3rd part has a little more advantage since I really liked Allan Wu with Vivian Lai!!

Acting - Tie. I think that the casts from both parts did very well in their protrayals.

Well I think thats about it for what I was thinking of, hehe. I have a question though. Would you guys recommend me for getting the first part? There were flashbacks of Zoe and Li Nanxiang in the 2nd part showing them togehter int he first one and they look cute togehter. I might rent it.

Anyways a few question on the 2nd part.

So the guy that Zoe's sister finally liked at the end is the same guy in the 3rd part right? So does that mean that character supposedly turns evil huh? Lol, hope you guys understand. I really can't picture the character in the 2nd part going evil, he seems too kind and all...

Oh yes, so at the end Chew Chor Meng and Li Nanxiang's gambling abilities are rather at the same level right? Since they both were able to break the other's dice? But then Li Nanxiang's ability still ranks tops huh?

I've read that many wanted for Chew Chor Meng to reappear in the 3rd part. Would have to agree in ways. I would have really enjoyed to see him in the 3rd part!!! Really liked his character in this series!!! Espically at the end where he kept standing up to LI nanxiang to try and convince him to pull himself back together. However I dont' know how to explain it really, but he didn't seem like the Tieu Huy at the beginning the series. He was more different, but I didn't like the differentness. I liked him at the end also, but more at the beginning.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I think part 1 has the best story among the three. I'd recommend you rent it.

The guy Zoe's sister liked at the end of part 2 is the same guy as that guy in part 3. It's just that the actor had left Mediacorp, so the studio casted another actor in that role. Btw, the actor acting the guy whom Zoe's sister liked at the end of part 2 is also in part 1, but in a different role. A villian, in fact. Confusing.

Hehehe, thanks for the info fyp Yeah that does seem confusing a bit...... But I can understand it. I think I will rent the first part after I get The Reunion.

Oh yes, another thing to add to the categories that I was thinking of:

Music - I think this one would go to the 2nd one since it had more music used. I think there was at least 3 different songs that was played a lot in the second one. The themesong was really nice and I liked the second sub the most. the first sub wasn't a real favorite. Then again the 3rd part's music wasn't bad either.

Themevideo/Preview - The 3rd part wins. I think that in the third part, the editors used the perfect pictures to go with the music. It appeared at like the right part in the music and made it go even better. Also the for the endingvideo they used different pictures. Not just one continous one. I like series that shows scenes in the endingvideo as well, hehe, more things to look forward to.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Li Nanxiang and Zoe in Unbeatables
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phprkALnP.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpgxTcHP.jpg')

Gambling King and Queen in The Unbeatables 3
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpMKM84c.jpg')
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yep. Even though I haven't watched part 1 for a very long time, it's the one which left the deepest impression in me (especially that scene of Yan Fei's failed marriage). It's the best with great casts like Zhu Houren and a good plot. >.<
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

In the second part there was a scene that talked about the failed marriage of Yan Fei. That part looked really good and also those scenes that were put into the second part was cute!!! I think I will get the first part Just need to choose when now, hehehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yea...Part 1 is the most memorable. I remember the scene on the failed marriage too.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!

u all sporeans? coz dis show was shown in 2002 n now is 2004
    ZoE tAy-FaNn WoNg-FeLiCiA cHiN-ViViaN Lai-YvOnNe LiM-iVy LeE-LiLiN-rUiEn-ShArOn Au-JaiMe TeO-
    -JoYcE tAnG-AdA ChOi-MicHeLLe YiP-cHaRmAiNe ShEh-JeSSiCa HeStEr-FeNniE YeUn-MiRiaM yEuNg- KeNiX kWoK- fLoRa ChAn-

RoX!!

Originally posted by shuyi
    u all sporeans? coz dis show was shown in 2002 n now is 2004
    Not all. But watching it after 2002 isn't a crime.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

hahz.. i didnt sae its crime.. juz wana let dose not s'poreans noe onli mah.. u oso arhz? sporeans? i m..
    ZoE tAy-FaNn WoNg-FeLiCiA cHiN-ViViaN Lai-YvOnNe LiM-iVy LeE-LiLiN-rUiEn-ShArOn Au-JaiMe TeO-
    -JoYcE tAnG-AdA ChOi-MicHeLLe YiP-cHaRmAiNe ShEh-JeSSiCa HeStEr-FeNniE YeUn-MiRiaM yEuNg- KeNiX kWoK- fLoRa ChAn-

RoX!!

Nope, I'm not Singaporean. I'm vietnamese. But as you can tell I'm rather in a craze for Sinagporean series now. Oh yes, I'm getting the Unbeatables tomorrow Will tell you what I think of it afterwards, hehe
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

This totally stinks My video store lady didn't know what serise I was referring to when I gave her the viet title.....she then told me all these other titles that are supposed to be The Unbeatables, but then somehow the 2nd and 3rd part of it turns into the 7th and 8th part. Me sooo confused. Could any of you guys tell me the vietnamese title for the series please. Thankie
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey AngelC3P. Sorry, don't have streamload, but you can go to this site and find the song. Its listed in alphabetical order by viet titles.

http://www.tvbsong.television-series.com/Viet.htm
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Smile

Li Nanxing has an official fan club at www.linanxing.com

YOu are invited to register as a member.

Thanks for posting the site agnes I'm checking it out right now and it looks very ncie!!! Espically the fact that they are using pics of him from the Unbeatables 3 as the main page, hehe

Here is one of the pictures from the gallery of linanxiang.com he looks very suave!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.linanxing.com/gallery/images_photo/photo3.jpg')
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Default missing out

Although I had watched all 3 series of Unbeatables I cannot remember them in detail. Unbeatables III is fresh in my mind because I bought the VCD. Would love to get hold of the first two to add to my collection. I really love to see Li Nanxing and Zoe Tay paired together because they have a special chemistry between them.

Anybody seen the full 'Nova Coffee' by Super ad on Singapore TV? Nanxing and Zoe simply looked great.

Yup, I saw the Super coffeemix ad. by Nanxing and Zoe. They look so relaxed at "home" enjoying a coffee break. They sure look compatible. Don't know when can see them acting together in a new drama series again.

I say part 1 was the best serial out of the 3 batch and part 3 to be the worse But then, it's a matter of opinions and views.

Hey all Hehe, do agree on the great chemistry between Li Nanxing and Zoe Tay. They are so great together They also starred as a pair in 101 My Wife, Your Wife, Their Wives.

I still can't get my hands on Unbeatables 1 so can only compare second and third part. For me I actuall perfer the third part even though there are a "lot" of things that still bother me on it.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I prefer the Unbeatables II. In the third series, the son annoyed the hell out of me.

Did anybody laugh when they showed clips of the first series? Everybody looked so young! Li Nanxing definately got better looking with age.
    Why are people only considered open-minded when they agree with your opinion?