Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unbeatables 1 to 3

Her name is Ziozio Lim... I liked Unbeatables I and II, but hated III not so much because of the changed batch of actors (like Lucky Boy never existed?), but because of all the CGI gambling scenes! It just took away all the magic instead. I preferred the 'old way' where they just stapled the cards together or something. It looked more realistic that way.
    Sir, more than kisses, letters mingle souls,
    For thus absent friends speak.
    ~John Donne

Haha silversnowflake!!! You've got a point. Part 2 and 3 differed quite a bit with how it was produced and film. Part 2 did seem more realistic and had more suspense to it by how it was done. I just love watching the scenes where both Zoe and Li Nanxian try to regain their skills! Quite interesting, espically with LNX switches to use his left hand and all
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Woah first thing I didn't know got so many fellow singaporeans here. Second thing I can only remember how cool Zoe looked cause i only watched the part 3 one and damn nice sia! I only remember a bit of the storyline cause now is 2006 and that time was 2002

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

haha...I'm probably going to get my head whack for saying this but I absolutely love the Unbeatable #3. In addiotion, I'm a fan of Yan Fei & Lee Shan Shan's character together. Sorry, I did it all backward by watching part 3 first before watching part I & II. After I watched part III, I was hooked so I traced step back to part I & II. However, by the time I got to I & II the series were too old for me. The effect were not the same.

At the end of part III, they introduced Yan Hui and I was convinced that there would be part 4. I'm probably the only one here who is really excited to see part 4 because I loved part III. I also fell in love with Yan Fei. He aged really well!

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    haha...I'm probably going to get my head whack for saying this but I absolutely love the Unbeatable #3. In addiotion, I'm a fan of Yan Fei & Lee Shan Shan's character together. Sorry, I did it all backward by watching part 3 first before watching part I & II. After I watched part III, I was hooked so I traced step back to part I & II. However, by the time I got to I & II the series were too old for me. The effect were not the same.

At the end of part III, they introduced Yan Hui and I was convinced that there would be part 4. I'm probably the only one here who is really excited to see part 4 because I loved part III. I also fell in love with Yan Fei. He aged really well!
    Ya, I think they have plans for Part 4, since Yan Hui exists, and the IR is coming. Haha.

But seriously, I think it will be a challenge for the make-up artists since Yan Fei and Qifang will be like what -- 50+, suppose the plot revolves around after Yan Hui grows up. Imagine Zoe as 50+... That's the end of the road for her. After that she'll just do mother roles like Xiang Yun.

Hehehehe bellamia, no worries I was exactly the same as you. I also watched part 3 first and that was what intorduced me to the other part(s) sicne never knew about this trilogy. I did also quite enjoy the third part a lot. I loved the supporting characters like Tay Ping Hui, Allen, Vivien, Lee San San, and etc. Part 2 was interesting and I thought more realistic. Now I wish I could only get to find part 1
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

yup unbeatables 4 [if im not wrong] is in the process of filming. and unbeatables 3 was simply great with all the CGI effects and stuff. i was rooting for allan wu and vivan lai to be together. but too bad vivian died [killed by her father] OMG!

yan fei and qifang make the best couple
    visit http://www.yanziunlimited.org for yanzi news!
    gallen and jessica and nnadia!

Quote Originally Posted by getreal48
    yup unbeatables 4 [if im not wrong] is in the process of filming. and unbeatables 3 was simply great with all the CGI effects and stuff. i was rooting for allan wu and vivan lai to be together. but too bad vivian died [killed by her father] OMG!

yan fei and qifang make the best couple
    Seriously MediaCorp will make Unbeatables 4, I keep hear that but never see it. I thought it just maybe that people want to see part 4.

Lol, me too. I was all for Allen and Vivien to be together. I thought their relationship was so cute and just how they began dating to be adorable. Love that she had such a crush on him and it took him such awhile to realize he liked her back. I was quite dissapointed that their relationship was so rushed at the end. Cause after she "broke" up with him, it just seemed like that was it. Should have been more too it. Also her death was so sudden. I wish there was more significance and focus on it. I know Allen showed some anger and shocked emotion towards the news, but wanted more from him. Why did she need to die So sad!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I've heard that the Unbeatables 4 is in the process of filming but never actually heard anything about it after that. All I know is that Zoe and Nanxing's new show 'Wan Bao Bei' is coming out year end

Rare find! Opening video of The Unbeatables 1 on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1RZI...elated&search=

One thing I notice in this video: Hong Huifang looks the same as she did back then.

""No he didn't get raped. Not in the way you are thinking.

He had amnesia, and the character that Lee Shan Shan was playing found him and saved him. The amnestic Yan Fei fell for her (you know, patient falling for care-giver) and he strayed.

I was livid that something like this happened, given that "perfect couple" image that Yan Fei and Qifang had then. I liked Lee Shan Shan's character, but I felt that she should have resisted his advances. For Pete's sake, she knew he was happily married, and that he loved his wife.

What the heck. The fault lies totally with the script writers. They butchered three perfectly wonderful characters.""

(I try to quote, but I don't know why it doesn't work)

I am totally agreed with you. I think Lee Shan Shan should resisted even thought she loved him, she should know better that he is married and love his wife very much. Also I still feel that Yan Fei cheated on Qifang even he had amnesia, so call cheating. The stupid scriptwriter. I skip a lot on part 3, and like many said, the son was so innocent and adorable in part 2, but turn out to be very annoying and evil in part 3. In my opinion, part two had a good and happy ending. Part one and two showed the struggle Yan Fei and Qifang had to overcome to be together, the revenage btw the two families which had meaning, but in part 3, I don't find it interesting or much meaning in it. Just watch for entertain.
    Last edited by GIgis; 11-26-06 at 03:15 AM.
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''

i love the unbeatable II most cos got CCM!!! didn heard that there is a series 4 if der is hope chormeng will be inside btw unbeatables I can be seen in youtube and some epi of unbeatable II too. this user is uploading all unbeatable I and II eppy so go watch if you are like me not born then or had forgotten. very nice!!
    Love CHoRMENG crazily!!!!

After owning the third series and not watching it for a year, I'm finally and currently watching this. While I have not seen the previous two, this one seems pretty entertaining. However, the CGI card tricks do tend to get a bit annoying sometimes. Other than that, it's great fun.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Wow, I'm a big fan of Li Nanxing, always thought that he is some kind of Sg. version of the great CYF. Do you guys know where to find the Unbeatables DVD with Eng subs?