Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1257

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long

Why do you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Same old Han Solo.

It doesn't quite work out that way though. Sure, there are many GL hero, but the way that GL describe them do not lend to the inspiring and awe-spiring feats of JY's heroes that sometimes, leads one to perhaps erroneously say that JY's heroes are stronger.
    Keep in mind that GL applied different writing styles during his career. The fight descriptions in his more popular works during his mid-period are brief, but his earlier novels are extremely detailed and the descriptions are just as "awe-inspiring", if not more IMHO, as JY's.

The Legendary Twins fall somewhere during his transitional stage, so you will still get some of that. Sword and Exquisiteness is another example.

and to continue on the tasks..... any idea how HWQ might accomplish the 3rd task?

Xiao Yu’er can’t help but want to laugh again, and thought to himself “The tasks set by this Miss Murong are really ridiculous. Two feet not touching the ground, can’t he travel by carriage or horse?”

This is another treacherous task, and if Hua Wu Que is unable to accomplish it but Murong Shanshan was able to do it, with Hua Wu Que’s character, he would admit defeat.

Hua Wu Que suddenly took off his shoes, revealing a pair of clean, white socks and replied with a smile, “Whether my feet touches the ground or not, these socks will be the evidence.”

Before he has even finished speaking, his had already flown off like smoke.

He did not go up the carriage, neither did he ride on the horse, but flew to a large tree and broke off two branches. The branch on his left hand landed lightly on the ground, and he has flown thirty feet away, followed by another light tap on the ground with the branch on his right hand, and he is now sixty feet away. His voice could now be heard coming from a distance, “Madams, please wait a moment, I will be right back.”

He has executed the Lightness Skill ‘Frosty duck plays with water’ to perfection. Although another can use this Lightness Skill, but to cover several li in a moment is impossible.

As the discussion continued, time seems to pass very quickly, and a person could be seen from afar. Hua Wu Que has really arrived, and was holding on to something with his mouth.

His two branches tapped on the ground, his body immediately turned upside down, and his pair of clean white socks were still clean, not a speck of dirt to be seen.

Amidst the cheers, Hua Wu Que somersaulted, and both his feet slipped into the shoes which he had taken off earlier. He threw away the branches, and presented the parcel to Murong Shanshan, and smiled “I have not failed you, please eat it while it’s still hot.”

Murong Shanshan forced out a slight smile and said, “Thank you, Sir.”

She took over the parcel, opened it up, and inside were indeed steaming hot Eight Treasures Rice and Thousand Layer Cakes. She had no choice but to pick up a piece and slowly eat it.

This sweet and fragrant Thousand Layer Cake, actually seems to taste a little bitter in her mouth.

That’s right, Hua Wu Que might have used a dumb method, but Xiao Yu’er not only cannot call him stupid, but he could not help but secretly admire him.

His first ‘stupid plan’ showed off his amazing internal strength, and again with this second ‘stupid plan’ he showed off his remarkable Lightness Skill.

If he had not used these two ‘stupid plans’, not only will the gathered people not clap, they might even throw rotten eggs, orange peels at him.

Murong Shanshan managed to swallow a piece of the Thousand Layer Cake with much difficulty, and she could not imagine that it would be so trying to swallow a piece of cake.

Hua Wu Que did not move until she has finished eating, and asked with a smile, “What about the third task?”

Little Fairy could not take it any longer and shouted, “There’s a house with a closed door. You are not allowed to touch that door with any part of your body, nor are you allowed to hit it with any object. Can you enter this house?”

Xiao Yu’er secretly sniggered, “This third task is even more ridiculous than the second task. He can’t touch the door, couldn’t he just open the window and go in?”

But by now he also knows that Hua Wu Que will never use such a plan. Hua Wu Que was silent for a while before he replied, “There are no houses here, I wonder if this horse carriage…”

Murong Shuang interjected, “The horse carriage will do as well. Your hands cannot touch the door of the carriage, and if you can enter the carriage, you would have won.”

Hua Wu Que shifted his gaze towards Murong Shanshan and asked, “Is that the case?”

Murong Shanshan thought for a while before replying with a smile, “The horse carriage and the house are the same.”

Hua Wu Que asked with a slight smile, “If I accomplish this task, will Madam have anything to say?”

Murong Shuang cast a look at Murong Shanshan, and Murong Shanshan replied, “If Sir can accomplish this task, we would leave immediately.”

She really could not think of anything else that could make it more difficult for Hua Wu Que, and even if they were to fight, they are no match for him, so what else could they do but leave?

Hua Wu Que smiled, “Since that is the case, then would Madam please witness…” As he spoke, he was already walking towards the horse carriage.

Last edited by Jean; 04-29-06 at 08:16 PM.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

so im guessing...this third task hua wuque will show off another attribute of his amazing kung fu

man.....hua wuque is smart

^He did not go up the carriage, neither did he ride on the horse, but flew to a ^large tree and broke off two branches. The branch on his left hand landed lightly ^on the ground, and he has flown three feet away, followed by another light tap ^on the ground with the branch on his right hand, and he is now six feet away. ^His voice could now be heard coming from a distance, “Madams, please wait a ^moment, I will be right back.”

Jean, I think that the unit of measurement for distance : 3 feet and six feet is too short, since the next sentence indicates that HWQ was already a distance away. What do you think?

bubeng
    There's a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubeng
    ^He did not go up the carriage, neither did he ride on the horse, but flew to a ^large tree and broke off two branches. The branch on his left hand landed lightly ^on the ground, and he has flown three feet away, followed by another light tap ^on the ground with the branch on his right hand, and he is now six feet away. ^His voice could now be heard coming from a distance, “Madams, please wait a ^moment, I will be right back.”

Jean, I think that the unit of measurement for distance : 3 feet and six feet is too short, since the next sentence indicates that HWQ was already a distance away. What do you think?

bubeng
    Ooops.... my mistake, shld be 30 and 60 feet.... I was thinking of 'chi' (feet) but it was actually 'zhang' (10 feet)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Swordsman
    so im guessing...this third task hua wuque will show off another attribute of his amazing kung fu

man.....hua wuque is smart
    He could just ask the person inside the carriage to open the door for him. This way he could enter the carriage without touching the door.

Good thing I know what happens next, people like to "guess" too much.

Gee! that last task is real easy. All he has to do is ask the person inside the carriage to open the door for him from inside, ne?
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

What? The carriage that is full of people that want him to fail in his task?

HWQ is gonna show everything with ease. Strength, Speed, and Smartness. Mr. Universe....

Oh but one can't help but fall for him if he goes on like this no? He is very righteous and honorable - not to mention the excellent kung fu

I can't wait to find out what will happen next!

Thank you Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_Viper
    True... I have read over 60 of GL's novels, that's what i can certainly say... Yan Nan Tian and Yao Yue are sure in the Top 10 of GL universe
    Haha, at least 60. Which means you read them all minus a couple novels right? What happened to the ones you've missed, are you unable to find the books for them? May I ask, are you at least 30 years old? Have you read all of JY 16 novels, or are you just a GL fan?

and the answer is........ *drum roll*

Xiao Yu’er thought to himself, “Could it be he can use ‘Hitting the bull from across the hill’ or a similar palm stroke, and shatter the door of this horse carriage?”

Hua Wu Que walked to the front of the carriage, and suddenly said, “Miss Tie, open the door.” A tinkling laughter could be heard replying from within the carriage, “It’s opened.”

The gathering heroes were first stunned, then perplexed, and finally can’t help but started roaring with laughter. Even Xiao Yu’er almost wanted to laugh as well, but on hearing that tinkling giggle, he really was unable to laugh. The Murong Sisters stared at Hua Wu Que walking in the door, and were confounded as well.

Hua Wu Que could be heard asking from within the carriage with a laugh, “I have not broken any of Madam’s rules, and have walked into the carriage. Would Madam agree that I have won?”

The Murong Sisters were tongue tied, and was unable to speak.

The method, which Hua Wu Que used, was even smarter than what the Murong Sisters and Xiao Yu’er have thought, and even more ridiculous. He only used such a plan at the last task, and by now not only will the gathered heroes not look down on him or find him a disappointment, instead they were even more in awe of his intellect. One by one, they all cheered, “Of course Master Hua has won, that goes without saying.”

Even if Murong Shanshan tried to force out a thread of smile, she failed.

She stomped her feet, turned around and walked up the sedan. Murong Shuang followed behind and Little Fairy stared at Jiang Bie He with hatred, and said with a vengeance “Don’t be too smug, I won’t make life easy for you.”

Jiang Bie He looked at her with a smile, not answering.

The eighteen men carried the three large sedans and three small sedans, and ran out of the Valley as if they are fleeing.

Jiang Bie He said with a smile, “Brother Hua’s intellect and martial arts is really the best in the world, I am really impressed.”

As the gathered heroes cheered thunderously, Hua Wu Que clasped his fists in thanks from within the carriage, and the carriage horse rode off amidst the cheers.

Xiao Yu’er looked at the horse carriage, and thought of Tie Xin Lan in the carriage, feeling bewildered. His heart felt like a handkerchief that had been tied into knots, and after a while, he suddenly said, “Since when have I treated her so nice? Why must I suffer for her? I must have seen a ghost!”

When Tie Xin Lan was with him, he did not feel anything, but when Tie Xin Lan is now with someone else, he suddenly felt that she is more important than anything else.

Xiao Yu’er was dazed for quite a while, when he suddenly saw two tall and huge fat men walk out from the crowd, and only then did he remember what he had promised Du Jiao Jiao.

He jumped down the tree, squeezed his way through, and lightly tapped on that ‘Luo Jiu’ Ouyang Ding’s shoulder. Ouyang Ding turned around suddenly, his expression changed.

Xiao Yu’er laughed, “You are always so nervous, it’s strange that you did not get any thinner.”

Only when Ouyang Ding recognized him did he start smiling, “The gratitude of a beauty is most difficult to swallow, and I have no beauty who is gratuitous towards me, so I can only eat to while away my time, so naturally I would become fat.”

Xiao Yu’er rolled his eyes and smiled, “So the two of you already knew that I was the one who took that lady away?”

Ouyang Ding grinned, “Who else would she leave with besides with Brother?”

Ouyang Dang laughed, “Only we did not expect that Brother would also be interested in that silly maid, and took her away as well.”

None of their guesses were correct, and they would not expect that ‘silly maid’ is actually Du Jiao Jiao, and thought that Xiao Yu’er also took that ‘silly maid’ away.

Naturally Xiao Yu’er did not correct them, and grinned “To have is better than not to have, and two is better than one, right?”

As they spoke, they have already walked out of the Valley, and were almost upon Du Jiao Jiao’s carriage.

Xiao Yu’er suddenly stopped walking, and said “The two of you can go ahead, we’ll meet again tonight.”

Last edited by Jean; 04-29-06 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean

The other heroes cheered continuously, and even after the cheers stopped, the clear, crisp sound of someone clapping could be heard from inside the carriage. Xiao Yu’er’s heart immediately tightened on hearing that sound.

Although he had to admit that Hua Wu Que’s martial arts is indeed worthy of ‘her’ applause, but once he thought of this point, he can’t help but feel miserable.

Hua Wu Que laughed, “I may not be interested in such sweet stuff, but I do have a friend who heaps praises on these two items.”

Xiao Yu’er naturally knows who this ‘friend’ refers to, and the thought of Tie Xin Lan enjoying the Eight Treasures Rice with him is enough to make him almost fall off the tree in anger.
    Haha, as much as I like XYE, nice to see him finally become jealous for a change, finally feeling a little uncomfortable.

Hua Wu Que is definitely smarter for this kind of challenge.

to continue.....

Ouyang Ding chuckled, “Could it be Brother is going to meet a lady again?”

Xiao Yu’er smiled mysteriously, and said “Maybe…” He deliberately cast a look towards the carriage.

Ouyang Ding rolled his eyes and laughed loudly, “We have nothing to do anyway, and were thinking of having a chat with Brother.”

Xiao Yu’er pretended to be anxious and said, “I have to go someplace else, the two of you…”

Ouyang Dang suddenly raised his voice, “I’m afraid Brother is going someplace else.”

Ouyang Ding had already dashed to the front of the horse carriage, pulled the door open and started clapping and laughing, “My guess is indeed correct, the lady is really here.”

These two brothers, one would always want to take advantage of others, and the other would rather die than be at a disadvantage, and after seeing the ‘beauty’ that they found being stolen by someone else, felt that they had suffered a huge loss. If they don’t take some advantage back, they won’t even be able to sleep in peace. Unanimously, the brothers went up the carriage.

Ouyang Ding laughed, “Brother should come up too, as my brother and I will not be chased off.”

Xiao Yu’er was secretly snickering, “You’d ‘rather die then be at a disadvantage’, seems like you will certainly take advantage today.”

He went up the carriage dejectedly, and sighed “If I had known, I should have avoided you earlier, and not run up to greet you…. ai, I’m afraid all the excitement had gone to my head.”

And so the carriage starting moving, running forward.

The Ouyang Brothers were grinning and sat down comfortably on the thick and soft seat, not knowing that seated opposite them is their nemesis.

Du Jiao Jiao lowered her head, as if she was shy, but actually she did not want the ones sitting opposite her to have a good look at her face.

Ouyang Ding chortled, “It’s only been a day, how did Miss become so pretty.”

Ouyang Dang grinned, “The flower will bloom even more beautifully with the morning dew, don’t you even understand this?”

Although these two brothers are always on their guard against others, but in this carriage, with the wall of the carriage behind them, what is there to guard against.

Even though Xiao Yu’er knows that Du Jiao Jiao wanted to trick these two up the carriage so that she can settle scores with them, but he does not know how she would go about doing it.

Du Jiao Jiao continued sitting there shyly. She did not seem anxious to reveal her cards, neither was there any intention of asking for Xiao Yu’er’s help, as if she is already sure of her plans.

Xiao Yu’er felt that this show is more interesting than the one earlier, and almost couldn’t wait to see how Du Jiao Jiao would strike, and how the Ouyang Brothers would retaliate.

By now the horse carriage has traveled faster and faster, away from the crowd, into the wilderness.

Ouyang Ding can’t help but ask, “Why is Brother’s love nest so far away?”

Xiao Yu’er laughed out loud, “If you want to taste the fruit, you have to be patient.”

Ouyang Dang chortled, “That’s right, that’s right, but….”

Du Jiao Jiao suddenly lifted her head and said with a coquettish smile, “But this fruit is extremely sour, I’m afraid you won’t be able to take it.”

The Ouyang brothers were both stunned, as if they already felt that something was not right.

Ouyang Ding laughed loudly, “Since when did Miss become such a good talker!”

Du Jiao Jiao smiled, “Very long ago, about twenty years.”

The expressions on the Ouyang Brothers’ faces changed again, and the two of them were getting ready to rush out of the carriage.

Xiao Yu’er was secretly furrowing his brows and thought, “When did Du Jiao Jiao become so impatient in her affairs, those two sentences of her, isn’t she afraid of alerting them?...”

Right at this time, there was a ‘poof’ sound, and beneath the spacious carriage seat, four hands shot out from the thick and soft cushion!

haha wow that's really freaky. gu long's novels tend to have a bit of weirdness in them :P.

Wow... another cliffhanger.

Once again, thanks alot Jean!

No one could realize that they're trapped by Du Qiaoqiao until it's too late.