Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Arrow

Thanks everyone!

It was summer now, although the valley was in the shadow of the Kunlun Mountains, it was still very warm. And the sun would make one quite sleepy. It was noon now, the only time when the sun shone in the Valley of Evil. The inhabitants of the valley were not too keen on the sun, so they usually stayed inside when the sun shone.
    Only a cat was lying in the sun and some flies were flying about, those were the only active ones in the entire valley. At this point someone from outside the valley was running towards the valley. There was no one near chasing that man at all, in fact there seemd there was not a living soul in a radius of 50 kilometres. But he was still running, like he had seen a ghost. He was panting heavily but did not dare to slow down.
    His lightness martial arts were not bad, but his stamina was running out. It could be because of the running but it could also be that he has not eaten for days now. He does not look too ugly, but he has a very sharp nose. One look at him and one would dislike him immediately.
    He was wearing rather expensive clothes, woven by the best tailor. But now it looked like rags and it was smelly and dirty now. The sun was shining in his face and sweat was dripping from his face, but he did not care.
    When he saw the characters [Valley of Evil], he took a deep breath and felt relieved. But he did not slow down and even tried to increase his speed. When he entered the valley he was walking down the street, the sun brightened the houses but all the doors and windows were shut. He could not see anyone or hear a thing.
    He was somewhat surprised and was feeling anxious now, he wanted to call out but was afraid to do that.
    Suddenly he heard a voice from his left:"Hey!"
    It was not very loud, but it was enough to scare him silly. He saw someone sitting on a bamboo chair under the eaves of that house. It was boy about 13, 14 years old and was narrowing his eyes to take a look at him. The young boy was topless and there were uncountable scars on his body. There was a scar from the corner of his eye to the corner of his mouth, his black hair was casually tied and he was stretching his arms and legs. He looked very carefree and it seemed he would not care even if the sky fell down.
    He looked tired like an old man, but his eyes twinkled like a naughty boy with one gaze he looked like a small child. Somehow this lazy, naughty looking boy with uncountable scars had a very strong charisma.
    Especially his face, even with the scar. He did not look ugly, the scar added something special, something charismatic to him.
    The first impression when one sees this naughty and lazy boy was that he is very handsome. Extremely handsome even.
    The man was stunned after looking once at him, he was thinking what would girls do if they saw that handsome young boy.
    The young boy seemed to want to wave at him, but seemingly he was too lazy to raise his hand, he smiled:"Why are you lurking about? Come over here."
    The man walked over and coughed lightly before smiling apologetically:"My respects, young brother."
    The young boy laughed:"Do you know me?"
    The man said:"No.... no I don't."
    The young boy said:"Since you don't know me, why would you pay respects to me?"
    The man was stunned and did not know what to say, he stammered:"I....this..." Normally he felt that he was quite eloquent but now he did not know what to say.
    The young boy laughed loudly:"Hahaha! I am Xiao Yu'er and who are you?"
    The man said:"I am Ba Shudong, the tiger killing constellation."
    Xiao Yu'er giggled:"Tiger killing constellation? Nice name! How many tigers have you killed?"
    Ba Shudong was again stunned and stuttered:"Ehh, I...."
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"I have killed many tigers, even I am not called the tiger killing constellation. You haven't killed any tiger at all and you're called the tiger killing constellation. How unfair!"
    Ba Shudong was standing were flabbergasted, if this was not the Valley of Evil he would chop off the head of this boy.
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Judging by your expression, you must be running away from some enemies with some mediocre martial arts. Tell me who those people are."
    Ba Shudong remained silent for a moment before saying:"I have made many enemies, amongst them the Two Swords of Jiangnan, the Ding brothers, the Ill Tiger, Chang Feng, the dragon of Jiangbei, Tian Ba....."
    "I thought you had some impressive enemies, these people..... I have heard of them but they're not formidable or anything."
    Ba Shudong said coldly:"My young friend, you sound quite arrogant."
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"My old friend, you're too cowardly."
    Ba Shudong gritted his teeth and said:"Perhaps these people aren't too great, but one of them is very famous and very much feared."
    Xiao Yu'er asked:"Who? Some ghost perhaps?"
    Ba Shudong ignored that remark and said softly:"This person is very very famous now."
    Xiao Yu'er asked:"What is his name?"
    Ba Shudong replied:"She is called Zhang Qing, the little fairy."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Little fairy? Sounding by her name she should be a pretty young woman, everyone would like pretty girls like her. Why should they fear her?"
    Ba Shudong said hatefully:"This little wretch looks pretty, but she is very vicious and ruthless. Perhaps even surpassing Du Sha."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"That such a girl exits?"
    Ba Shudong was gritting his teeth and continued:"My five brothers were all killed by her in one night, the six constellations of the tiger forest, only I have survived."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"I would like to meet her, if I have the chance."
    Ba Shudong said:"You will regret the moment when you see her."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Tell me how you offended her."
    Ba Shudong said angrilly:"You have a lot of questions."
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"It is a rule."
    Ba Shudong was surprised and remained silent for a moment, at last he laughed:"Allright! My brothers raped the sister and widow of the deceased chief of the the united armed guards agency of Zhenyuan, Weiyuan and Lingyuan, Shen Qinghong."
    Xiao Yu'er gazed at Ba Shudong for a moment and said:"That is an evil deed! What you did is hardly worth mentioning, similar to what ordinary crooks would do! Nothing special."
    Ba Shudong angrilly said:"It is nothing special! Although Shen Qinhong lost the treasure he was supposed to protect and has vanished without a trace for many years. But his wife and sister are still very much respected by Wulin, therefore...."
    Xiao Yu'er shook his head and laughed:"No matter how you put it, with that deed you're not fit to enter this valley yet. Unless...."
    Ba Shudong asked:"What is going on here?"
    Xiao Yu'er answered:"It is a rule."
    Ba Shudong did not dare to break the rules of the Valley of Evil, especially now he was in it. He laughed and asked:"Unless what?"
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"Unless you present two nice treasures to me."
    Ba Shudong said:"I rushed over here and have no presents on me."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Since you have no presents, show me a few of your special skills."
    Ba Shudong's face changed and was stunned, after awhile he said:"Very well!"
    He pulled out a flexible sabre from his girdle, he shook the sabre and started to display three of his best techniques. Flashes of light could be seen, those three stances were quite good. It was called the three tiger killing special stances. The three techniques were swift, lethal and precise.
    Xiao Yu'er shook his head and laughed:"This is what you call your best skills? Exactly like the crime you commited, laughable and low. I think you're not qualified to stay here, you must think of another way if you want to stay."
    Ba Shudong asked:"What...what kind of way?"
    Xiao Yu'er's eyes twinkled and laughed:"Kneel down and kowtow three times to me. And call me [grandfather] three times and give me your sabre."
    Ba Shudong said:"Is this another rule?"
    Xiao Yu'er replied:"Yes, it is."
    Ba Shudong shouted:"I.... I never heard of such a rule of the Valley of Evil!"
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"Who told you it was a rule of the valley?"
    Ba Shudong was flabbergasted and said:"But... but..."
    Xiao Yu'er giggled:"It is my rule."
    Ba Shudong was so angry he was shaking, he roared:"I will give it to you!"
    He hacked at Xiao Yu'er with his sabre.
    The lazy looking Xiao Yu'er was not lazy anymore, he smoothly glided away. Ba Shudong's hack missed Xiao Yu'er and hacked the bamboo chair in two halves.
    Ba Shudong was surprised and heard someone saying:"I am here, can't you see me?"
    Ba Shudong turned around to slice the speaker but missed again, laughter was coming from the roof. Xiao Yu'er giggled:"Don't be hasty, I am right over here."
    Ba Shudong was furious and wanted to leap up too.
    Suddenly someone called:"Is that second brother Ba?"
    A man was running towards Ba Shudong, he was about the same age as Ba Shudong. Somewhere in between 40 and 50 years old, but his movements were much swifter than Ba Shudong.
    The man was tall and skinny, he looked very mean and his right arm sleeve was swaying along with him. He had only one arm.
    Ba Shudong looked carefully and said happily:"Is that the silent lightning blade third brother Song? You.... you are really here, I had been looking for you. I came to seek refuge here."
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"So you two blades know each other."
    Ba Shudong looked up and was furious again, he said:"Brother Song, this little brat......"
    Before he could finish, Song San pulled him away and said with a smile:"Since you're here, I will take you to meet...."
    Xiao Yu'er giggled:"Wait, wait! Before you lead him away, he has to pay for the broken chair."
    Ba Shudong angrilly said:"You...."
    Song San quickly interrupted him and smiled:"Of course, of course he will pay for the chair. But how much will it cost?"
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"Since he is your friend, just tell him to leave his sabre behind."
    Ba Shudong shouted:"That broken chair.... you want my ...."
    Before he could finish Song San took his sabre and presented it to Xiao Yu'er. Ba Shudong wanted to speak but was again stopped by Song San.
    He quickly pulled him away and both of them quickly ran off.
    After putting some distance between them and Xiao Yu'er, Song San sighed:"Why did you antagonize that little mischief immediately after you entered the valley?"
    Ba Shudong was surprised and shocked:"Brother, why are you that afraid of him?"
    Song San smiled wryly:"Don't underestimate him. Who isn't afraid of him in the entire valley? In these recent years, this little mischief has everyone in the valley fretting and worrying. Whoever annoys him will suffer badly within three days."
    Ba Shudong was so surprised and did not know what he heard, he said:"That little brat is really that formidable?"
    Song San sighed:"Listen to me, being humiliated by this little brat is not a disgrace. Think about it, there are no good men here in this valley. With his young age he was able to run amok freely in the valley, have you considered how lethal he is?"
    Ba Shudong stuttered:"I...I can't believe it. I really cann...cannot believe it."
    Now he noticed that Song San only had one arm and asked with shock:"Brother, your...your arm... was it...."
    Song San sighed:"It is not his doing, but he has something to do with it."
    He looked at his own armless sleeve and sighed:"I lost my arm the day he entered the valley. 14 years, it has been 14 years. The awesome martial arts of Yan Nantian, if I did not make a prompt decision I wouldn't have lived till today."
    Ba Shudong exclaimed with surprise:"Yan Nantian? That little brat is Yan Nantian....aarrrgggh."
    Before he could finish he shouted loudly with pain and fell down. There was a hole in his back, blood was gushing out of the hole.
    Song San was terrified and turned around, he saw a ghostly apparition in a grey robe. It was floating about and was looking at him with his deep eyes.
    Song San turned pale and stuttered with a trembling voice:"Mr.... Mr. Yin..... Mr.. Yin, you...."
    Yin Jiuyou laughed sinisterly:"Nobody in this valley is allowed to speak of the relationship of Xiao Yu'er and that Yan fellow! Have you forgotten?"
    Song San said:"I....I didn't have the chance to tell him that."
    Yin Jiuyou smiled evily:"Before you could tell him, I already killed him. Are you unhappy about that?"
    Song San backed away and stammered:"I....I...."
    Suddenly he flew up about eight metres into the air and landed on the ground without a trace of injury, but he did not move anymore.
    An old smiling woman was standing where Song San was before, she was holding a cane and could not stand up straight.
    She laughed:"Old Yin Jiuyou, were you benevolent to him? The moment he spoke you should have killed him, why did you not kill him instantly?"
    Yin Jiuyou said:"I wanted to leave him to you."
    The old woman said:"Leave him to me? I haven't killed for a long time, were you afraid that my hands would itch?"
    Yin Jiuyou said coldly:"I just wanted to see whether your delicate hands have improved or not?"
    The old woman laughed loudly:"Well, did they improve? Do you want to see how delicate they are?" Her voice changed from old to clear, young and melodious. It was the voice of Du Qiaoqiao.
    Yin Jiuyou said sinsterly:"If you want to accompany this ghost, I suggest you would wear better clothes."
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"I am too old now, how can I keep pretending to be a young girl?"
    Yin Jiuyou laughed strangely:"No matter what you say, the next time I see a young pretty girl I will think it is you. If you want to enchant this ghost you still lack the skills."
    Du Qiaoqiao said with a smile:"Allright, I know you're clever..... Say, did that little devil hear the conversation of those?"
    Yin Jiuyou said:"If you don't know, how should I know?"
    Suddenly they heard the singing laughter of Xiao Yu'er coming from afar:"A bottle vinegar, a broken nose. Marry a woman and have baby. But the baby has no nose....."
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"Old Xi is in trouble again, the little brat is at his place."
    Yin Jiuyou said:"If he is at old Xi's, he could not have heard the words of these two."
    All of a sudden a man laughed loudly:"What are the two of you talking about? Hmmm, one man and one woman. One ghost and one human-----That makes four of you, isn't that strange?"
    Du Qiaoqiao did not turn around and laughed:"Li Dazui, there are two corpses here. Stuff those in your mouth please."
    Li Dazui laughed:"I don't have the appetite to eat those who have died at your hands."
    Yin Jiuyou asked:"Are you going to see brother Du Sha?"
    Li Dazui said:"Yes, I am. Ha Ha'er called us all over, I wonder what he wants."
    So the three of them set off to the house of Du Sha, but they kept at least four metres apart from each other. It seems that they were unwilling to stand to close to their companions.

Du Sha as usual was sitting in his corner not moving.
    When everyone was assembled, Ha Ha'er laughed:"Hahaha, it has been a long time since all of us have gathered."
    Yin Jiuyou coldly said:"I hate gatherings, what is it that you want? If you don't have anything to say, I will....."
    Ha Ha'er quickly raised his hands and said:"Don't threaten me, don't forget I am coward."
    Du Qiaoqiao asked:"Did you call us over to discuss Xiao Yu'er?"
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Little Du is always the smartest one."
    Yin Jiuyou said:"About that little mischief? What is there to discuss? All of us taught him something, to kill, to laugh, to cry.... Well, now he has learnt everything."
    Ha Ha'er said:"Because he has learnt everything, I called for this meeting."
    Li Dazui asked:"Why?"
    Ha Ha'er sighed:"I can't take it anymore."
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"The always laughing Ha Ha'er is actually sighing, I think he really can't stand it anymore."
    Ha Ha'er said:"This little overlord goes anywhere he wants, he eats and drinks anything he desires. Nobody dares to antagonize him, everyone fears him in the Valley of Evil. For the past few months, 30 people have come by to cry their grievances to me."
    Intestines gutting sword Sima Yan sighed:"This little mischief is becoming more formidable every day. Every time he talks to me, I have to think about my answer three times in my head before actually replying."
    Li Dazui smiled wryly:"Well, at least your situation is better. Every time I see him, I am terrified. If there was one day he doesn't visit me, I... I can finally sleep tightly. Otherwise I will be vigiliant of him even in my sleep."
    Ha Ha'er said:"We harm people for a purpose, but he does it for fun."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Isn't that what we hoped for?"
    Ha Ha'er said:"Yes, we wanted him to harm others, but who would have guessed that this little brat is plotting everyone he sees. Friend and foe are his victims, the only one who is better off here would be little Du."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Better off? Hardly! He has learnt all those specialties of mine, in fact he even surpasses me."
    Ha Ha'er asked:"How about you, brother Du?"
    Du Sha said:"Hmm."
    Du Qiaoqiao smiled:"And what does [hmm] mean?"
    Du Sha remained quiet for a moment before saying:"If you lock me and him in one room, the one coming out alive would be him without a doubt."
    Du Qiaoqiao sighed:"Well, it seems everyone cannot cope with him anymore. And that is the people in the valley, imagine how the outside world would deal with him? I think it is time to ask him to depart the valley....."
    Li Dazui immediately added:"Yes, exactly! We have suffered enough, it is time for others to suffer. Luckily all of us combined can stop him, think of the day when even our combined efforts are useles. That is an awful thought."
    Yin Jiuyou said:"If he is to leave, the sooner the better."
    Du Sha said:"Today."
    Ha Ha'er said:"Hahaha! Friends of the realm... heretic friends, orthodox friends, friends of the water and friends of the mountains, now it is your turn to suffer."
    Li Dazui added:"If that little brat is gone, I will not eat human meat for a month."

At dusk, the Valley of Evil became alive again.
    Xiao Yu'er was frolicking about, until he ended up at Wan Chunliu's place.
    Wan Chunliu was cooking seven types of different herbs and was observing the changes of the cooked juices, when he saw Xiao Yu'er he asked:"What gifts did you receive today?"
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"I managed to obtain a nice sabre."
    Wan Chunliu asked:"Where is it now?"
    Xiao Yu'er answered:"I gave it to old Xi."
    Wan Chunliu used a pair of chopsticks to stir the herbal contraction, the smoke from the oven made the face of Wan Chunliu look very mysterious. He was silent for awhile and asked:"Where is that little box of yours?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"I threw it away a long time ago and I gave away those objects in it."
    Wan Chunliu said:"Why did you give those items away? You went through a lot of effort to obtain them."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Well, they were quite usefull, but if I have to keep them I will have to fret as to where to keep them. I also have to worry about about losing them or being stolen, most troublesome."
    Wan Chunliu said:"Good!"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"If I give them away, I will also pass those troublesome thoughts to them too. I heard that there are some idiots who love to collect money and treasures, but they are too thrifty to spend. They must be mad."
    Wan Chunliu said:"If those idiots they didn't exist, we wouldn't look extraordinary compared to them."
    He stood up and said:"Take this pot of medicine and follow me."
    A wonderul herbal fragrance covered the entire room, behind the big house there were three seperate small houses connected to this house. There were no windows or other doors, these were the sickrooms.
    Nobody disturbed Wan Chunliu when he was busy in the sickrooms. There was a possibility that they were lying in one of those sickrooms one day, so they gave Wan Chunliu the space when he was there.
    There was no light in the sickroom, just like Wan Chunliu's face it was filled with mystery. In the corner on a small bed was a figure sitting there, motionless. It seemed he was created for the purpose of just sitting there, it was the living medicine cabinet.
    When Wan Chunliu entered the sickrooms he had closed the door, it was as the sickrooms was in a different world. Unrelated to the Valley of Evil.
    The expression of Xiao Yu'er also changed, he pulled Wan Chunliu's hand and softly asked:"Is there any change in uncle Yan's illness?"

To be continued
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Thank you for the update...
    It seems the whole wuxia translations world has been silent for a while.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

yiipeee, this now become a daily update.....

you're the coolest athena ---

Thanks, but I doubt that I am the coolest.

The cold and mysterious look on Wan Chunliu was gone, it made place for anxiety and care. He sighed deeply and shook his head and added sadly:"For the past five years, I have not seen any changes. I have tried every herb and every medicine I can think of......I am very tired." He sat down and did not want to get up anymore.
    Xiao Yu'er was silent for a minute and suddenly said:"I heard someone saying uncle Yan's name today."
    Wan Chunliu was rather shocked and asked:"Who was it?"
    Xiao Yu'er replied:"Dead men! The speakers are dead now."
    Wan Chunliu got up and held on to Xiao Yu'er's shoulder and asked earnestly:"Did someone know you heard their conversation?"
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"How would they know? When I heard them talk, I immediately ran off and went to pester old Xi. I even deliberately scolded old Xi very loudly, that is why I gave him the sabre."
    Wan Chunliu released his grip and was silent for awhile, after some time he said softly:"Not easy, not easy at all. Although you're young, you have managed to keep this secret to yourself. Most admirable."
    He looked at Xiao Yu'er and added with a wry smile:"If this secret leaks out, the three of us will be dead within one hour, You... you must be very cautious. Don't take everyone to be a fool."
    Xiao Yu'er nodded:"I know. Uncle Wan has gone through a lot of danger to save uncle Yan, I.... I am most grateful, even if they chopped off my head I won't reveal a word."
    After saying this, his eyes turned red.
    Wan Chunliu sighed:"To be honest, I should not trust you. But growing up in this environment and not having lost your conscience.... You're a good child!"
    Xiao Yu'er smiled happily:"When I am bad, I am really bad. But that depends who I am facing, furthermore when I knew who uncle Yan was.... I..... I became good."
    Wan Chunliu smiled happily too:"Five years ago, when you came running to me that night and telling me you knew who the [living medicine cabinet] was, I was extremely shocked."
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"I am sorry."
    Wan Chunliu was pensive for a moment before saying with a frowned smile:"Try to remember, who was that person who told you that secret."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"I really don't know."
    Wan Chunliu asked:"Tell me again what he looked like?"
    Xiao Yu'er smiled wryly:"I really don't know, I couldn't see clearly."
    He thought about it for awhile, he continued:"That night, I was sleeping in the house near Du Sha's home. During the night, I felt I was lifted from my bed....."
    Wan Chunliu asked:"Why didn't you call out?"
    Xiao Yu'er replied:"I couldn't cry out. Furthermore, I thought it was another of those tests of Du Sha, I didn't expect it to be someone else."
    Wan Chunliu sighed:"Indeed, who would have guessed."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"I knew that the movements of that person were extremely fast, I felt like flying through the air and in a few moments we were very far away from the valley."
    Wan Chunliu asked:"Weren't you afraid?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"I am not even afraid of tigers, why should I fear men?"
    Wan Chunliu said softly:"Later on, you will understand that men are more dangerous than tigers."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"That person put me down and asked:[Do you know what your family name is?] I replied:[I don't know.] That person cursed me for being a beast, for not knowing my family name."
    Wan Chunliu said:"Afterwards, he told you your family name was Jiang."
    Xiao Yu'er added:"Hmm, he told me that my father was Jiang Feng and was killed by people from the Floral Palace. He told me to remember this and told me to avenge my parents when I grow up."
    Wan Chunliu asked:"Did he not mention the name Jiang Qin?"
    Xiao Yu'er answered:"No."
    Wan Chunliu said:"Very strange, because your uncle Yan came here looking for Jiang Qin to avenge your father."
    Xiao Yu'er's eyes twinkled and said:"Maybe this Jiang Qin is one of my enemies too."
    Wan Chunliu said:"Hmm."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"And then, he told me who uncle Yan was. I wanted to ask who he was, but he was gone like a gust of wind."
    Wan Chunliu said:"I know what happened afterwards."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"It was very dark that night, I saw him wearing a black robe and using a black cloth to cover up his entire head. I remember his eyes being bright and deep. One look at those eyes, you felt fear.... one would never forget thos pair of eyes."
    Wan Chunliu asked:"Would you recognize those pair of eyes if you saw them again?"
    Xiao Yu'er answered:"Most certainly."
    Wan Chunliu asked:"Was it someone in the valley, you think?"
    Xiao Yu'er answered:"Impossible, no one in the valley has such beautiful eyes. Although Du Qiaoqiao has bright eyes too, but her eyes pale in comparison to that mysterious person."
    Wan Chunliu sighed:"This person could enter and leave the valley, as he pleases. And he knows so many secrets (*sigh). Who could he be?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"He must have extraordinary martial arts."
    Wan Chunliu said:"Of course, in the entire realm, with the exception of your uncle Yan, I really don't know who can enter and leave this valley at will."
    Xiao Yu'er asked:"Not even one?"
    Wan Chunliu answered:"The two princesses of the Floral Palace, but this person wants you to seek out people from the Floral Palace. It cannot be the two princesses."
    All of a sudden, Xiao Yu'er clapped his hands and said:"Yes, I remember now."
    Wan Chunliu immediately asked:"What do you remember?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"That person is a woman."
    Wan Chunliu was surprised and said:"A woman?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Although, she covered her face and deliberately made her voice hoarse. But from her movements I can tell she is a woman."
    Wan Chunliu asked:"What kind of movements?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"For example...... She had her head covered, but sometimes she would use her hands to stroke her hair. She was holding me in her arms, but she would not let me touch her breast."
    Wan Chunliu stamped his foot and said:"Why didn't you tell me this before?"
    Xiao Yu'er blushed now and laughed:"I....I.... didn't really pay any attention on who was male or female before."
    Wan Chunliu was stunned for a moment and said:"Yes, of course.You were a child then, in the eyes of children there are only adults and children. There is no distinction between male an female in the world of children."
    Xiao Yu'er added:"There is also only half a female in this valley."
    Wan Chunliu said softly:"I used to suspect it was the most famous busybody of Wulin the hero of the southern heaven Lu Zhongda. But now we know this mysterious person is a woman, that makes everything different."
    Xiao Yu'er asked:"Are there other female top martial artists in Wulin, except the Floral princesses?"
    Wan Chunliu sighed:"If she is a woman, I have no idea. In the entire Wulin only princess Yaoyue and princess Lianxing have the skills to enter and leave the valley freely. I can't think of any other."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"But there is. Firstly, she must know my father and know uncle Yan. Secondly, she knows exactly how my father died."
    Wan Chunliu said:"Indeed."
    Xiao Yu'er continued:"Point three; she is also aware of the animosities my family has and is very concerned about it. Point four; she must be a top martial arts expert. Point five; she must have something against the Floral Palace and number six; she has brilliant, beautiful eyes. Almost unique."
    Wan Chunliu sighed:"Amazing that you deducted this much at your young age."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"With these six points, I can surely trace her down."
    Wan Chunliu said:"I hope so."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"However.... however, I have to leave the valley first in order to find her. When can I leave this valley? When will they let me go?"
    Wan Chunliu sighed:"Difficult to say, I just hope..."
    Someone from outside the house was calling:"Physician Wan, is Xiao Yu'er with you?"
    Wan Chunliu's face changed and said:"Du Qiaoqiao is looking for you, go out quickly."
    When they left the sickrooms, their expressions changed. Wan Chunliu became the ever so cold and strange physician again and Xiao Yu'er became the naughty and clever boy again.
    Du Qiaoqiao was standing at the door, she laughed sweetly:"What are you two up to?"
    Xiao Yu'er made a funny face and said:"We were discussing how we're going to plot against you."
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"You, little mischief! You two should try to find a new smelly herb to foil Li Dazui's nose for good."
    Li Dazui giggled:"Unlce Li is too easy to fool, tricking him is no fun."
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"Listen to the arrogance, be careful Li Dazui might eat you."
    Wan Chunliu coldly addressed Du Qiaoqiao:"Are you here to joke around with Xiao Yu'er?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Look, physician Wan is angry."
    Xiao Yu'er asked:"Is there something you want from me, auntie Du?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said with a smile:"I have some good news for you."
    Xiao Yu'er asked:"How good?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Your laughing uncle has prepared some dishes, uncle Li has brought over a few bottles of good wine. I... I roasted some meat for you, we are inviting you to a feast."
    Xiao Yu'er's eyes were twinkling and asked:"Why?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"You'll know when you've arrived."
    Xiao Yu'er shook his head and laughed:"If auntie Du doesn't tell me, I won't attend that feast of yours. Otherwise I might have diarrhoea and vomit for three days."
    Du Qiaoqiao cursed and laughed at the same time:"You, little brat. Aren't you paranoid?"
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"I learnt that from you, auntie Du."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Well, I will tell you. We're preparing this feast for you, because we're going to see you off."
    Xiao Yu'er was really surprised this time and leapt up and exclaimed:"See me off?"
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"You little brat, you didn't expect that, did you?"
    Xiao Yu'er asked:"Why....why do you see me off?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Because you're leaving tonight."
    Xiao Yu'er opened his mouth and looked at her with disbelief:"I.... I am really leaving tonight? Where am I to go?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Outside! It is a big world out there. Don't you want to see it?"
    Xiao Yu'er was touching his head and said:"I.... I...."
    Du Qiaoqiao giggled:"Besides, you're old enough now. You should be looking for a wife....(*sigh). A little mischief like you will dazzle many girls."
    She took Xiao Yu'er's hand and laughed:"Physician Wan, will you join us?"
    Wan Chunliu stood still for some time and said coldly:"Forgive me for not wasting my time on these matters. You may go now."
    He turned around and walked back inside.
    Du Qiaoqiao pouted:"He only thinks about his herbs and roots. He wouldn't see his own father off."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Never mind him! Let us go and have some wine! I haven't had wine for some time now."
    Du Qiaoqiao asked:"How long is some time now?"
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"A very long time, half a day now."

Within two hours several bottles were empty, Li Dazui's face was becoming redder and redder. The face of Du Sha was becoming paler and paler, while the laughter of Ha Ha'er became louder and louder. The more Du Qiaoqiao drank the more she resembled a woman.
    Only Xiao Yu'er remained the same after drinking many cups.
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Hahahah, Xiao Yu'er really knows how to drink. He is drinking wine as if it was water."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Well, if this was water I wouldn't drink that much of it."
    Yin Jiuyou sneered:"What is so wonderful about drinking one or two cups of wine!"
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"Ghosts stay away from wine, but every man likes a cup or two. Except for one bad thing, you have mastered every bad skill there is."
    Li Dazui angrilly said:"What bad skills! They are all good skills."
    Xiao Yu'er blinked his eyes and asked:"What haven't I learnt?"
    Du Qiaoqiao chuckled:"This skill... well, after one or half a year.... Nobody needs to teach you that, after seeing you. I think you will learn faster than anyone else."
    Xiao Yu'er asked:"What...what is it?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Little brat, are you really ignorant or are you pretending?"
    Xiao Yu'er giggled:"I am pretending."
    Li Dazui laughed:"If you're really ignorant.... Well, you should know that with normal people, it takes to people to do it. However your auntie Du can do it by herself."
    He was very pleased by his remark and wanted to drink another cup. But suddenly his cup broke into pieces.
    Yin Jiuyou said coldly:"You cannot drink anymore."
    Li Dazui angrilly shouted:"Why can't I drink anymore! And why did you break my cup!"
    Yin Jiuyou said:"If you continue to drink Xiao Yu'er won't be able to leave anymore."
    Li Dazui hatefully looked at him and kicked down the table with wine, he gritted his teeth:"One of these days, I will pour litres and litres of wine in your stomach!"
    Xiao Yu'er was chuckling at this sight:"Why are all of you in such a hurry to see me off?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"You're so paranoid! Who told you we're in a hurry to see you leave?"
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"Well, it is fine with me if you don't want to say it. I know the reason."
    Du Qiaoqiao asked:"You know? Well, tell us."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"It is because I am becoming badder and badder every day. And all of you cannot cope with me anymore, so you want to see me leave and harm others instead."
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"Well, that last bit sounded good."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"You want me to leave, no problem. You want me to harm other people, no problem too. But everything works out for you, what do I gain?"
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Hahaha! A good question! A worthy question, you have learnt a lot. Well, if there is nothing to gain, I wouldn't even lift a finger to help my father."
    Xiao Yu'er laughed and clapped his hands:"Uncle Ha Ha'er spoke my words."
    Li Dazui said:"Rest assured, we will give you something."
    Xiao Yu'er giggled:"Show it first, if I don't like it I might decide to stay."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Little brat, you're really formidable! Brother Du, show him."
    Du Sha took out two parcels, one contained a beautiful expensive brocade, one red cloak and one beautiful hat with a golden fish embroided on it and there was a pair of boots.
    Xiao Yu'er immediately wore his new clothes and was looking at himself in a bronze mirror, he laughed:"Well, this robe is just mediocre but when it is worn by me, it becomes magnificent."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Don't you feel embarrassed? Praising yourself."
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"If you don't praise yourself, who will praise you?"
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Hahaha! Well said!"
    Xiao Yu'er asked:"What else?"
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"And there is this. Take a look!"
    She opened the other parcel, and it was filled with a heap of golden leaves. Not many people can see that much gold together.
    Xiao Yu'er frowned:"What is this? I can't use this, if I am hungry, will it fill my stomach. If I am thirsty I can't drink it. It is heavy.... I don't want it."
    Du Qiaoqiao laughingly scolded:"Little fool, it may not serve those purposes but with it you can have anything in this world. Do you realize how many people would throw away their lives for this?"
    Xiao Yu'er shook his head and said:"I am not a fool, I don't want this."
    Li Dazui used his fingers to hold one golden leave and laughed:"Do you know, that with this leave alone you can buy three, four expensive robes similar to the one you're wearing? A normal household could live two years on this."
    Ha Ha'er said:"Don't you like horses? With that leave you can buy the best horse there is. If this isn't a wonderful invention, nothing is."
    Xiao Yu'er sighed:"Since you say it is that good, I will reluctantly accept it. What else is there?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"My word, you want more? You really are terrible, think about it, you already took away our best treasures for the past few years. We don't have anything anymore."
    Xiao Yu'er looked pensive and took the parcels and stood up and left.
    Li Dazui asked:"What are you doing?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"What am I doing? I am leaving."
    Li Dazui said with surprise:"Just like that?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Why should I wait? There is no wine anymore, there is nothing else to receive...."
    Li Dazui asked:"Where are you going?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Outside the valley, I will head south-east and I'll see where I end up."
    Li Dazui asked:"What do you want to do?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Nothing. If I meet someone who pleases I will drink with him. If I dislike him, I will punish him for annoying me."
    Ha Ha'er laughed loudly:"Hahah! Wonderful! That is the way of a true man!"
    Du Sha suddenly asked:"Will....will you come back?"
    Xiao Yu'er giggled:"After I have made everyone outside miserable, I will come back. Come back to torment you."
    Ha Ha'er said:"Hahaha! Good! If everyone is miserable outside, we would happily welcome you back. We will even let you make us miserable."
    Xiao Yu'er put his hands together and said:"Goodbye, I will return very soon."
    He was really gone and did not even look back.
    Du Sha saw him off to the door and said:"He is really very determined."
    Ha Ha'er said:"We wanted him to be that tenaciously determined."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Wulin has been too quiet for too long, it is time that someone like him would create havoc.....It is a shame that we can't see it."

Xiao Yu'er in new clothes and a big parcel was walking out. He was wearing his new boots and was walking over the street.
    While he was walking he shouted:"Listen everyone! Xiao Yu'er is now leaving, you can sleep tightly now!"
    All the people opened either the windows or doors to look at Xiao Yu'er.
    Xiao Yu'er said:"After doing such a wonderful deed, you should applaude me..... If you don't applaude I will not leave."
    Before he finished everyone applauded.
    Xiao Yu'er laughed happily, when he walked by Wan Chunliu's house, he stopped laughing. He just looked at Wan Chunliu-----just one look.
    Wan Chunliu did not speak, some things need not be said.
    Xiao Yu'er had finally left the Valley of Evil.
    All the starts glittered in the sky, it was still very cold in the nights here even in the Summer now. Xiao Yu'er put his cloak on and was walking towards the stars. He was a bit stunned and he did not know what he felt, he had seen such nights before. But somehow tonight everything seemed different.
    But he was about to enter a new, strange world. Is he afraid? No, he is not afraid! His heart is just filled with a strange emotion, an emotion he could not describe.
    But he did not look back and continued to walk forward.

end of chapter 4
    And all we need of hell.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

By Athena
    Thanks, but I doubt that I am the coolest.
    No way, with this another update, its confirm you're the coolest translator here, make sure you get the official rights to the TSATE book, I'm sure going to buy them.

cheers

Looming where light doesnt shine and darkness doesn't blacken

Wow!! Another update. Thanks Athena
    Your the best!!!!
    To live life like a dream is rare. To let it happen in reality is even more rare.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

ATHENAAAA!!!!!!!

thank you so much!! i love you!!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Originally posted by Athena
    Wan Chunliu sighed:"To be honest, I should not trust you. But growing up in this environment and not having lost your conscience.... You're a good child!"
    I couldn't agree more. It was such a miracle that Xiao Yuer didn't turn bad.

Thumbs up Thx Athena!

Comments:
    1. Note that Yan Nantian encounters sunlight at the EvilValley and now we have FishKid encountering "sunlight" [during the viewpoint of TigerGuy] before FishKid finally leaves the valley: the cycle of sunlight and returning to the sunlight [Journeying out of the Underworld]. Meaning, TheKid represents Yan Nantian and his rebirth back into the world; which explains why Yan Nantian brought the baby to the valley in the first place, which was cheesy.
    2. FishKid brings to mind the "Monkey King" [Journey to the West] prior his mountain imprisonment; hopefully we will get to see more mischief. Dark characters are just ... fascinating in stories.
    3. Interesting variation on the "escape out of the womb" theme: FishKid becomes so bad that EvilItself wants him to leave.

Originally posted by rabadi
    I couldn't agree more. It was such a miracle that Xiao Yuer didn't turn bad.
    probably cuz there is no lust/hardships in the valley, hence not much things that could turn the kid "bad". the evils seemed to be pretty loving and nice to the kid (beside the one armed guy maybe). i mean, the evils don't quite do so many "evil" things anymore, so it's kinda hard to influence xiao yu er

Banned
    where dews kiss the first blush of the morning rose

Talking

Athena,
    This is another one of your fan. Though I am new, I have been doing catching up reading your past translation. I must say that the amount of work put in and the quality of the work produced is really great. I am especially appreciative because I have always been facinated by Wuxia novels but unfortunately since I do not know how to read chinese, my only access is through overdramatized TV series. Now with your translation you have brought back excitement and anticipation into my life. Keep it up girl, you are the light of our lives.

I would also like to say THANK YOU so much for the translation Athena. I have had to translate things for people as well so I know it is a lot of work. Thanks for taking the time to do it for everyone. I can't find this novel anywhere.... I heard it is a great story. I am glad to be able to read it in this forum. By the way, how is it in Chinese? I am just curious since some people thought that Gu Long's stories aren't good in Chinese. I thought that it should be better in the original language.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Oh boy.... 136 more chapters to go !!

Good Job though Athena.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by Trinie

I can't find this novel anywhere.... I heard it is a great story. I am glad to be able to read it in this forum. By the way, how is it in Chinese? I am just curious since some people thought that Gu Long's stories aren't good in Chinese. I thought that it should be better in the original language.

http://www.easysea.com/wuxia/gl-jdsj/index.htm

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by Temujin
    Oh boy.... 136 more chapters to go !!

Good Job though Athena.

126 - 4 = 122 chapters to go.

whats happening to the translation.

i was enjoying it so much with the regular updates...but now its dead.

another chapter up soon, athena ?

Sup every1 im sorry to have to say this but Athena's loaded with work and cannot translate right now but on the bright side she will pick up the translation soon but does not know exact date k?
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

hi athena you been doing a great job on the translation
    i can't read the chinese one so i'm just depending on you for now thanks and please update soon everybody is waiting for a new chapter
    ~:.i love fanfics.:~:~:.smile.:~

Cool Comment on story

Be Kringle-mas!!!
    Merry Christ-mas!!! [post-holiday style]
    Found (stumbled) an article that elaborate the sword-dude's [forgot names. ] and princesses plight: in terms of kundalini awakening.
    THE ARTICLE (I highly recommend skipping the information on how-to-awaken kundalini, goto WARNING):
    http://www.elcollie.com/st/darkness.html
    http://www.elcollie.com/st/st.html
    [WARNING: for those reading the how-to-awaken kundalini (highly not recommended), read this first:]
    http://kundalini-info.org/stories.html
    http://kundalini-support.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=191

Arrow

Chapter 5 Life outside the valley

It was dusk now; the landscape was coloured dark blue. A fog gradually came up on the mountainside. The sky was grey; the greyness enwrapped the entire prairie. The wind was blowing through the grass and the cries of cows, sheep and horses were mixed in the wind producing a melancholic sound. Then great herds of horses, sheep and cows moved by, encircling the mountain. It was just a beautiful and grandiose picture, and the sound resembled a sad but yet touching love song. Black cows, yellow horses and white sheep marching greatly through the green grass, it was like an army of 100,000 pushing forward without fear.
    Xiao Yu’er looked at the entire scene from afar, his face lightened with excitement and his eyes flashed with enthusiasm, such an impressive scene…the world is an impressive place!
    He stood there dazzled till darkness came; he suddenly felt his heart had opened up.
    The herds of animals disappeared into the distance, and Xiao Yu’er could hear singing from afar. The singing was clear and melodious, but Xiao Yu’er did not understand what these people sang. He could make out that every part began with the characters [Allah]; he did not know that [Allah] was the god the nomadic people in Xinjiang believed in. He walked towards the singing. The light of the stars illuminated the prairie, the moonlight made the grass resemble waves in a clear blue sea.
    Xiao Yu’er did not know how long he walked, but after some time he saw several white tents in this boundless prairie. The contrast with the lights of the tents and the light emitted from the stars looked very small and insignificant, but it produced a very poetic ambiance.
    Xiao Yu’er ran towards the tents, there was a campfire and several girls were singing. They wore long, colourful gowns with long sleeves. Their long beautiful hair was braided into little pigtails. They were petite and they wore numerous pendants, emitting a radiant glow of gold and silver and they wore exquisite small hats with bright colours.
    Xiao Yu’er was mesmerized and walked over to the girls completely dazzled.
    All those girls stopped singing when they saw him and swarmed towards him. They were touching him and talking to him in a language he did not understand.
    The girls in Xinjiang were more naïve, sincere and full of affection.
    Xiao Yu’er could help but smile and said:”What are you saying?”
    The girl with the longest braids, the biggest eyes and the sweetest smile all of these girls said:”We speak Tibetan, are you…. A Han Chinese?”
    Xiao Yu’er blinked his eyes and said:”I think so.”
    All the other girls giggled.
    The girl with the sweetest smile asked:”What is your name?”
    Xiao Yu’er replied:”Xiao Yu’….no! My family name is Jiang, I am Jiang Yu.”
    The girl laughed:”Xiao Yu (little fish), I have heard that the fish in the rivers taste very good. Unfortunately, I have never tasted fish before.”
    She translated what she said in Tibetan to the other girls and the girls started laughing.
    Xiao Yu’er laughed:”Apart from you, don’t they know how to talk?”
    The girl smiled:”They know how to talk, but do not know Han Chinese.”
    Xiao Yu’er asked:”Why can’t they speak Han Chinese and why can you?”
    The girl replied:”My father was a Han Chinese.”
    She looked proudly now and smiled very confidently and said:”In the entire tribe, my Han Chinese is the best. That is why this time everyone asked me to represent them when doing business with all the Han Chinese.”
    Xiao Yu’er laughed:”You’re not only pretty but also very capable.”
    She blushed and the in light of the campfire she looked even more ravishing.
    She said, still blushing:”You really know how to talk. Aren’t you travelling with them? Why have you arrived here first? They are….”
    Xiao Yu’er interrupted her:”I came here on my own.”
    The girl was surprised and her exclaimed with shock:”On…your own? You….you are very brave.”
    Xiao Yu’er asked with a smile:”What is your name?”
    The girl giggled sweetly and said:”If my name was translated to Han Chinese, I would be called Peach Blossom. And a lot of people say that my face….resembles a flower of a peach tree.”
    Xiao Yu’er said:”Peach Blossom? I have never seen that before, but I am sure you’re prettier.”
    Peach Blossom giggled:”I’ve never had fish from the river before, but I am sure you taste sweeter.”

To be continued..............
    And all we need of hell.