Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263
Results 1,241 to 1,257 of 1257

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    All this staring into each others eyes and skin to skin talk and emotional lingering in the heart. Its getting too homosexual for me! Or maybe it doesn't seem so bad in original mandarin?

Hehe, it does, doesn't it? But I think the author was trying to convey the "soul binding" connection between twins.
    There's a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

well... GL really mentioned their skin touching each other....

but I'm sure it's not in THAT way

I don't see the homo eroticism in this section. There is nothing more natural than twins bonding with each other. Being a twin is a strange phenomenon and usually they do have a bond of sorts (some weak some strong but it is always there)

When Xiao Yu’er was lying helpless in his arms earlier, he suddenly felt a surge of inexplicable feelings. Looking at Xiao Yu’er’s face, he suddenly felt that this is not his enemy, but a close friend he has known for years.

He felt Xiao Yu’er’s faint breathing on his arm, and only felt that this is not someone he wants to kill, but someone he should be protecting at all costs.

Until the time Xiao Yu’er fell to the ground, this strange feeling still lingered in his heart, and after seeing that confident smile of Xiao Yu’er, how can he strike now!

Hua Wu Que sighed again. In his heart, he did not feel a thread of enmity towards Xiao Yu’er, and he himself cannot tell when this strange feeling started.

This feeling, seemed to have been buried in his heart since a long time ago, and was only triggered when Xiao Yu’er’s skin touched his skin.

Looking at Xiao Yu’er, he was mumbling in his heart, “Jiang Xiao Yu, Jiang Xiao Yu, what are you thinking? Are you having the same thoughts as me?” Xiao Yu’er was also staring intently at him, and indeed is having deep thoughts.

Brokeback Gulong!

Seriously, If you replace HWQ and XYE in the above passages with

Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min
    Guo Jing and Huang Rong
    Any Guy + Any Chick,

It would sound totally like a normal wuxia romantic moment.

Someone get Candide over here for a commentary!
    Last edited by CC; 06-05-06 at 08:53 AM.

I still don't see it. Maybe it is because I know that they are twins, no matter how I try I don't see it.

Of course this doesn't mean that there are no homoerotic elements in Gu Long novels. I have often found that his heroes and ever silent, no emotion showing side kicks share a profound bond but he is also more explicit in his description of female characters and he always gets them naked at some point.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Bubeng View Post
    As promised, here's the second segment of today's translation, enjoy

Hua Wuque sigh, he took out a small porcelain bottle and gave it to Jiang Bie He, “Here are two types of pills, Siau-cu-hiang (goddess incense) and Soh-li-tan (pure virgin pill), you burn one and inhale, while the other one you drink, the combination of these two can detoxify all kinds of poison under the sky. I hope that it would benefit you. I’m sorry that I couldn’t stay any longer.

Even though Hua Wuque was speaking to other people and doing things, but he never left his gaze from Xiao Yu’er. He was tricked once, Xiao Yu’er was able to give him a slip. A mule would never fall into the same pit twice, so Hoa Bueque didn’t fancy of repeating the incidence last time where Xiao Yu’er was able to escape, so he didn’t dare to let down his guard.

It seemed that Xiao Yu’er also realized that this time he could not hope to escape, so he sat down on the bed cross legged. He looked at Hua Buque and laughed, “I have to congratulate you for the fact that I wasn’t killed.”

“That’s right, it’s my luck that you were not killed by somebody else,” replied Hua Buque laughing.

“If other people heard our conversation, they would assume that you’re my wife disguising as a man. The fact that I congratulate you because I didn’t get killed.”

Hua Buque didn’t get riled up, he laughed nonchalantly and replied, “Later when I’ve killed you, they would know that their assumption was dead wrong.”

“Are you dead sure that you could kill me?”

“Even if you wanted to kill yourself, that wouldn’t be possible.”

“Is that so?” Xiao Yu’er asked, raising his eyebrow.

Calmly Hua Buque answered, “With a distance as close as this, just a slight movement of someone’s hand, I would be able to hit the eighteen pressure points (Hiat-to) on both of your arms before that person could complete his movement.

He talked nonchalantly as if he’s chatting about something trivial and easy to do, but Xiao Yu’er believed him, what was said was no empty threat and no boasting matter.

Tie Xinlan was standing outside the window during the conversation, suddenly she vibrated her thin saber till it made a humming sound. She had a pair of saber at first, but one was broken, so there was only one left.

Upon hearing the sound, Xiao Yu’er rolled his eyeballs, suddenly he thought of an idea and he said with a laugh,, “It is not proper for you to kill me here.”

“Any place is fine with me,” replied Buque.

“Do you dare to let me walk outside alone?”

“Why? Do you think you could run away?” asked Hua Wuque smiling.

“Why are you thinking that far? I just want to walk on my own without you carrying me.”

After saying that he jumped off the bed, for a moment he looked at Jiang Bie He and Jiang Yulang. If it were someone else, that person would have exposed the father and son’s pretense.

However, Xiao Yu’er didn’t bother to do that. He knew that it would just be a waste of time and energy. If he could convince Hua Wuque that Jiang Bie He was the vilest and most hypocritical person in the world, still Hua Wuque would want to kill him first, and it would be difficult for him to escape. Furthermore Hua Wuque might not believe him.

Xiao Yu’er stepped outside. The house was an old building where the window was big and low almost like a door. Just one step Xiao Yu’er was outside already. He looked at Tie Xinlan, that young lady was staring at him with her big clear eyes, who knows how many complex and muddled thoughts and emotions going on within her head.

She was still making the saber vibrate till it made a humming sound.

The night wind was blowing gently. Xiao Yu’er continue to walk forward, he didn’t look at Hua Wuque at all, but he was sure that the young man was not too far behind him, he thought there was no use to look behind him.

He walked freely pass Tie Xinlan.

All of a sudden came a flash of the saber movement, Liu-yap-to, the thin saber that Tie Xinlan held, thin as the leaves of the willow tree suddenly came attacking behind Xiao Yu’er.

Naturally Xiao Yu’er knew that the attack was directed to Hua Wuque. Although Hua Wuque’s kungfu was high as the sky he still had to evade the attack. Tie Xinlan’s saber art was counted as high level.

Care to guess what would happen next?
    Hahahahaha this post was made like 4 years ago, but I don't care. You seem to have a problem with spelling 'Hua Wuque'. I wouldn't mind if you spelled it incorrectly once or twice and that's it, but 'Hoa Bueque', 'Buque', 'Hua Buque', 'Hoa Buque', 'Hoa Wuque'. So many times. It gets on my nerves very much. Ahaha, this post may have no reason at all, since you may have already forgotten, but I AM the Critic, and I give criticism. I really don't like it when you use Hua Wuque's name like that, and every time I see it, I want to shriek. Other than that, thank you for translating all those years ago; I really love the story and the new T.V. series by Nicholas Tse and Dicky Cheung. I was deeply offended by the mispellings of Hua Wuque but I'm done here and I hope you have a nice life. =)
    ~The Critic

I'm not offended at all since I always did dislike the Hua Wuque arc in the novel and ussuaky skipped/skimmed it. Even if your annoyed about the spelling you can politley comment about it no need to get all anal. If you have read that translation obviously you cannot read chinese THEREFORE you should be deeply appreciative even if the name was spelled as Boa Hancock or some other crap. In regards to the legendary siblings with nicholas Tse that was a really cheap unfaithful adaption, Jue Dai Shuang Jiao with Jimmy Lin was way better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
    Hahahahaha this post was made like 4 years ago, but I don't care. You seem to have a problem with spelling 'Hua Wuque'. I wouldn't mind if you spelled it incorrectly once or twice and that's it, but 'Hoa Bueque', 'Buque', 'Hua Buque', 'Hoa Buque', 'Hoa Wuque'. So many times. It gets on my nerves very much. Ahaha, this post may have no reason at all, since you may have already forgotten, but I AM the Critic, and I give criticism. I really don't like it when you use Hua Wuque's name like that, and every time I see it, I want to shriek. Other than that, thank you for translating all those years ago; I really love the story and the new T.V. series by Nicholas Tse and Dicky Cheung. I was deeply offended by the mispellings of Hua Wuque but I'm done here and I hope you have a nice life. =)
    ~The Critic
    Wow.

Stop the hate please.

From memory, bubeng was translating from the hokkien/indonesian version which is why the name is differently spelled.

Another of this nonsensical criticism, and i shall have a long long chat with you that will see that your ban will be pretty long.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post
    I'm not offended at all since I always did dislike the Hua Wuque arc in the novel and ussuaky skipped/skimmed it. Even if your annoyed about the spelling you can politley comment about it no need to get all anal. If you have read that translation obviously you cannot read chinese THEREFORE you should be deeply appreciative even if the name was spelled as Boa Hancock or some other crap. In regards to the legendary siblings with nicholas Tse that was a really cheap unfaithful adaption, Jue Dai Shuang Jiao with Jimmy Lin was way better.

i just had to put my to this comment. lol
    on a side note hans do you ever get the feeling you have a problem with multiple accounts being used by one person ?
    in some trade forums scamers and bm people use multies to heras others... you come across this problem on spcnet ?

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    i just had to put my to this comment. lol
    on a side note hans do you ever get the feeling you have a problem with multiple accounts being used by one person ?
    in some trade forums scamers and bm people use multies to heras others... you come across this problem on spcnet ?
    Trolling is fortunately not that prevasive in this forum.

Han solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
    ~The Critic
    Sorry for the mispelled over and over. That's what happened when I tried to post it fast without proofspelling carefully. Yes, it was translated from the Indonesian with Hokkian names and I did it by copy and paste. Then somewhere along the line I tried changing the names to Mandarin. My apology again

ps: You have 3 options
    1. Go ahead shriek ( I don't mind)
    2. Edit the mispelled words, others might be grateful of your effort.
    3. Just skip reading the part I mispelled.
    Last edited by Bubeng; 12-03-09 at 03:43 AM. Reason: grammar
    There's a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Hey guys, we're now voting for our favourite novel over at the Wuxia Fiction forum!

Come on over and take part!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=28045

-

hey Jean, i'm newbie here.. I like the novel Legendary Siblings but i got lost some how, i can't find the first part and the succeeding parts. please help.

Here's the completed unabridged translation thread for Legendary Siblings: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...ged-(COMPLETED)

Finally finished this novel. First GuLong novel I've read.

I realized that I'm probably not gonna be a GL-fan... I don't like how that a LOT of characters got introduced but doesn't play a significant role at all. And there is no real line in the story which drives you forward.
    Xiao Yu is supposed to be the world's smartest, but there aren't many incidents which proves that way. Smart and lucky, but compared to WXB from JinYong, I'd say WXB is a notch better in terms in intelligence, not to mention HaungYung or Yeung Gor.

What's up with the total letdown of the villians' end anyway? Jian Bie He and his son were just set free off-screenending... A lot of anticlimaxes, like the "revival" of yan nian tian.

I actually likes TVB take on the story more. Combining several characters into one (murong jiu + su ying = su ying. zhangchi + tie ping gu = zhangchi) and actually create moments of the brothers to bond.
    Last edited by athlonkmf; 04-07-11 at 04:04 AM.
    Proud to be part of http://www.asianfanatics.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Bubeng View Post
    Nobody knew that when he was sitting lost in his thought, he was actually meditating, figuring the key to the most important part of the highest kungfu level. In this world not too many people held the key of understanding the highest kungfu level.
    I like to go back to re-read around this pivotal section, where Xiao Yu'er was determined to train...
    « I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. » — 弗拉基米爾·弗拉基米羅維奇·納博科夫