Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long

Originally posted by Bo Nita
    Yes, he's arrogant too. But only in the case when he brought the baby to Evil Valley, he seems "irrational" rather than being arrogance, that's what I mean.

Ummm......I haven't read the original story though...., it may show me more deeply about each person characteristics I can't hardly wait.
    The behavior itself may be irrational, but the root cause of it is not because he isn't capable of reason. In his mind, he is so arrogant that he believes he can take on the entire Evil Valley on his own, and he could not possibly conceive of anyone being able to touch him or the baby while he's protecting it. Later events will reinforce this character trait (and flaw) of his.

yup.

I think the novel shows about that very much than the other story adaptations. Like in the comics.....

Hey and one more thing, does Floral Palace Qi techniques come from Evil Sect?? I heard it didn't, but many thought that it is evil tech.

Originally posted by ghostdarTeal'c

- i thot Yao Yue was in love with Yan Nan Tian?
    - i remember Lian Xing being handicapped, but what kind of handicap is she?
    CMIIW (I have not read Athena's translation yet, and too lazy to look for the actual info on my books),
    Both of the princesses were in love with YNT's brother.
    Lian Xing lost her arm to her sister.
    ... don't hold me on this
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

whaaaat?

Did Yao Yue cut her arm? or just broke her arm?

In the comic, Impeccable Twins, it is said that Yao Yue once hit Lian Xing down from Orange Tree, and then Lian Xing leg was broken.....

first I thought it caused her to be handicapped then, but I'm not sure because in the novel, her handicap cannot be hidden although she's wearing long gown

I feel that Lian Xing has the poorest fate in this story, what do you think? ::sad::

Cool Thx and Replies

Thx TigerWong for your comments regarding GuLong and Yan Nantian.
    It occurs to me that Yan Nantian represents extreme Yang-ness (hotheaded-ness, stubborness, etc) and the Princesses represent extreme Yin-ness (coldness?, etc). Seeing a trend: the book events are actually a portrayal of this clash and resolution.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Originally posted by Bo Nita

I feel that Lian Xing has the poorest fate in this story, what do you think? ::sad::
    yep...she is indeed the most pitiful. To the end of the story, i feel much sympathy for Lian Xing than most of the other characters. Her role is just sad.....while Yao Yue never fail to tick me off. Pity her to end up with a sister like that.....

hey, ive ben wondering how she got handicapped too......anyone knows?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Originally posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    yep...she is indeed the most pitiful. To the end of the story, i feel much sympathy for Lian Xing than most of the other characters. Her role is just sad.....while Yao Yue never fail to tick me off. Pity her to end up with a sister like that.....

hey, ive ben wondering how she got handicapped too......anyone knows?
    yes, I feel more sympathy for Lian Xing poor live.... more painful than just being handicap.

but I admire such person, she still owns good heart and warm to others, if we remember what kind of situations/environment she lives in. Good thing she doesn't become a mere stone like Yao Yue

Cool Comments

Ch3 Comment:
    Assuming YanNantian=Yang and PalacePrincesses=Yin, it finally occurred to me why Nantian seeks the ThievesHideout than facing the Princesses first. I see two scenarios (both are valid and interlaced):
    1. Nantian is unconsciously afraid of facing the Princesses and would rather face much dire dangers than facing his opposite self/(woman aspect). Kinda like beginning Oedipus ...
    2. Nantian is actually undergoing the process of facing/rejoining the Yin/female aspect. This is similar to Helios/Apollos (cycle of light and darkness and light), but a more clearer example is the "resurrection"/"reunion" of Egyptian god Osiris (to Isis: his wife). Like Osiris, Nantian has to goto the underworld (here, in the form of baddest of "Jianghu" or baddie Valley) and suffer through it before returning (like Apollo/Helios) to the upperWorld/life/sunlight/home as well as to the Yin=female aspect of Isis (Goddess of Fertility?).

Default Re: Comments

Originally posted by Anonymous
    Ch3 Comment:
    Assuming YanNantian=Yang and PalacePrincesses=Yin, it finally occurred to me why Nantian seeks the ThievesHideout than facing the Princesses first. I see two scenarios (both are valid and interlaced):
    1. Nantian is unconsciously afraid of facing the Princesses and would rather face much dire dangers than facing his opposite self/(woman aspect). Kinda like beginning Oedipus ...
    I have a hard time imagining Yan NanTian being afraid of ANYBODY, conscious or unconscious.

Originally posted by SolidSnake
    CMIIW (I have not read Athena's translation yet, and too lazy to look for the actual info on my books),
    Both of the princesses were in love with YNT's brother.
    Lian Xing lost her arm to her sister.
    ... don't hold me on this
    So all of the adapatations were wrong? In all of them, she(the older one) liked YNT, well i forget what happened in the tony lueng one, watched it so long ago..

I think YNT doesn't take the princesses first because it's easier to go for Jiang Qin and sweep away the bandits.
    And also maybe he has problem in dealing with so many gals and complicated princess. Unlike Jiang Feng, YNT is very good at martial arts while so poor and unxperienced with woman.....

I cannot imagine, what'll happen if he goes to Yi Hua Gong first hahaha
    he won't treat all the gals except two princesses so badly than treating bandits right?

but, IMO, I'm sure he 'll lost and killed if the two princesses join forces fighting him...... and no one can save his life like that doctor in Evil Valley
    Last edited by Bo Nita; 02-25-04 at 03:16 PM.

Originally posted by Demitre
    So all of the adapatations were wrong? In all of them, she(the older one) liked YNT, well i forget what happened in the tony lueng one, watched it so long ago..
    oh yeah, somebody please answer this question.....i didnt watch all adaptations, but demitre said in all of them indicated Yao Yue loved Yan NanTian.....how come theyre not faithful to the book then? as if its so hard to make Yao Yue loved Jiang Feng and not YNT, why change it?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Cool Replies

TigerW: I have a hard time imagining Yan NanTian being afraid of ANYBODY, conscious or unconscious.
    ---
    1. My impression is that the princesses (comparing how easy the lower princess killed the zodiacs with how Yantian did it) will at least be on par with Yantian. The older one could definitely beat him. [I guess I "fear" for him instead. ]
    2. Using psychology, no human is without fear, right? (ie. cautious -a little- afterward) Besides, no all mental states are told, like "I need a relief/toilet ..."
    However, I agree that Nan Yantian doesnt really have fear.
    Nan Yantian reminds me of this article (idiotic):
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/73/35721.html
    ghost: i didnt watch all adaptations, but demitre said in all of them indicated Yao Yue loved Yan NanTian.....how come theyre not faithful to the book then?
    --- Haha. No wonder the Princesses and Yantian are more screwed.
    EDITTED: I definitely need concrete support regarding Yan Nantian from the book.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-26-04 at 04:49 AM.

i didnt watch all adaptations, but demitre said in all of them indicated Yao Yue loved Yan NanTian.....how come theyre not faithful to the book then?
    more spunk? i mean, it'll make more sense why YY was so intent on challenging YNT other than wanting to be #1, and they do make a perfect match.

Default Re: Replies

Originally posted by Anonymous
    The older one could definitely beat him. [I guess I "fear" for him instead. ]
    Not much to say in response 'cept that this statement is simply not accurate. But if you still feel this way after reading the whole story, I'd love to hear your reasoning.

waaa......where is the update.....

im starving for updates......
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Sorry people for the late installments, but I have been rather busy lately. I hope I will have the time to keep up regular updates from now on.

Chapter 4 The Spared Little Fish

Ha Ha'er looked at the fallen body of Yan Nantian and laughed:"Stop this argueing! I have a good solution."
    Du Qiaoqiao asked:"What is this solution of yours?"
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Hahaha, this idea of mine will prevent us from quarelling and it will be quite amusing."
    Yin Jiuyou said:"Well, tell us!"
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"If we killed master Yan with one blow, it will be a waste. We should treat master Yan to the joys of torment before letting him die. I mean we as friends of master Yan, we owe him such a treatment."
    Du Qiaoqiao giggled:"A wonderful idea."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"So, we all take turns to test our abilities on master Yan. The most vicious one will be the winner, but whoever kills master Yan will be punished."
    Yin Jiuyou started to laugh while Ha Ha'er was explaining:"Marvellous! A great idea! I want him to sample my Sinister Wind And Soul Searching Hands, I guarantee that he will remember the pain even after his reincarnation."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"My Dazzling Beauty Skill is not inferior to your hands."
    Li Dazui loudly called out:"My Bone Scraping Sabre techniques are not inferior to your skills either!"
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"And we mustn't forget about brother Du Sha, his Heart Piercing Blood Hands and our brother Ha Ha'er here are keen to have a go too. Ha Ha'er's Brain Cleansing Technique must have improved by a lot. Furthermore master Yan will be most disappointed if he didn't sample those two skills either."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Allright, who will start?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Since it is your idea, you may have the honours."
    Ha Ha'er laughed happily:"Very well!" He raised his palm and gently touched the head of Yan Nantian.

Two hours later, it was early in the morning. The sky was dark and there was a cold wind blowing outside.
    The once vigorous, powerful Yan Nantian was now tortured beyond recognition, anyone with a heart would not bare to see him in this state.
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"I have attacked six times by now, it is brother Li's turn."
    Li Dazui said:"No I won't lay a finger on him now."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"If you don't, that means you have lost."
    Li Dazui angrilly said:"He's dead for the most part, a child could kill him with one hand. Why do you want me to strike him?"
    Yin Jiuyou said coldly:"Not necessarily."
    Li Dazui asked:"Do you have a manner in preserving his life but yet inflicting pain on him."
    Yin Jiuyou said coldly:"Most easy."
    Li Dazui said:"Well, by all means."
    Yin Jiuyou said:"When it is my turn I will show it to you."
    Li Dazui said angrilly:"You know he won't make it to your turn! You......"
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Not use in quarelling now, let us ask physician Wan to examine him. He will know whether Yan Nantian can last another few rounds or not."
    Yin Jiuyou coldly sneered:"It is not difficult to make a diagnosis on Yan Nantian."
    Li Dazui said:"I will look for him."
    At this moment he had called Wan Chunliu over, Wan Chunliu was a short and skinny man with sharp eyes. His face never revealed a trace of emotion.
    Li Dazui must have told him what they wanted him to do, when he entered he just nodded lightly and went over to examine Yan Nantian. After one hour he had examined Yan Nantian from top to toe, but he did not touch him.
    Li Dazui impatiently asked:"Well, how is he?"
    Wan Chunliu said:"All his main acupoints, tendons, veins and arteries are destroyed. It is amazing that he is still alive."
    Li Dazui asked Yin Jiuyou with a smile:"Well, what do you think?"
    Yin Jiuyou said:"I think you're wrong."
    Wan Chunliu said:"Although my martial arts are not as good as yours, but I have a lot of confidence in my medical knowledge."
    "Yin Jiuyou scoffed:"Confidence?!? If it wasn't for your superb knowledge in medicine, how was is it possible that within one night 97 people died in the city of Kaifeng? Who is responsible for their deaths? Have you forgotten?"
    Wan Chunliu said coldly:"Although I killed many people in my past, but I have saved a lot of lives too in these years. I remember when you came to this valley, I was already here. And if I wasn't present you would not be alive now."
    Yin Jiuyou was fuming with anger, but he could not retort this. When he fled into the valley he was heavily injured and his life was hanging on a thread at that time, it was Wan Chunliu who saved him. The Valley of Evil needed and still needs Wan Chunliu without any doubt.
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Well, I believe we have absolute faith in the expert opinion of physician Wan. If he says so, I can conclude that none of us have lost. Let us all kill Yan Nantian together."
    Wan Chunliu said earnestly:"Wait, I would like to ask you to spare him."
    Yin Jiuyou said angrilly:"You....you want to save him?"
    Wan Chunliu stayed calm and said:"With such heavy injuries and still living is most peculiar. I have never seen this before in my life, he is useless to you but I do have some usage for him."
    Li Dazui asked:"You have use for him? How? Do you want to eat him too?"
    Wan Chunliu said:"He has been wounded at 30 different places on his body, I want to test my herbal medicines on him. If I succeed all of you can benefit from my findings."
    Yin Jiuyou scoffed:"Even if there are any findings, the first one to benefit from it will be Yan Nantian. After he's been healed, while you rescue us from his wrath?"
    Wan Chunliu said calmly:"Even if he won't die, he will remain an invalid both phsycically and mentally. You can take his life at any time, why the haste now."
    Yin Jiuyou grunted and stayed silent, Sima Yan had not said a word and was just looking at Ha Ha'er. Ha Ha'er was looking at Du Qiaoqiao.
    She said:"Well, whatever physician Wan wants......"
    Li Dazui loudly interrupted:"I don't agree! He is supposed to be my meal....I....."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"There are enough corpses in the valley now, still fresh. You can have those, why do you insist on eating Yan Nantian."
    Li Dazui angrilly said:"I said it before, the meat of a dignitary tastes differently. Ten of those cannot even match one ounce of Yan Nantian. Whoever wants to claim Yan Nantian will have to go through me first."
    Ha Ha'er shrugged and looked at Du Qiaoqiao, she shrugged too and looked at Wan Chunliu, she giggled:"I have tried, do not blame me."
    Wan Chunliu coldly said:"The 30 wounds on this man's body could at least produce 30 new types of herbal medicine. Of those 30 new medicine one could save your lives someday."
    Sima Yan suddenly said:"I think our lives have a bigger priority than the dishes of brother Li."
    Li Dazui shouted:"Who do you think you are giving opinions here! Shut up!"
    Sima Yan was not angered and smiled:"In my humble opinion, I think the chances of brother Li actually using those new medicine in the future is very big."
    Du Qiaoqiao giggled:"I think you're right."
    Li Dazui wanted to protest again but he now saw the cold stares everyone was giving him. No one in the world could become angry when one saw those cold looks.
    He sighed deeply and smiled wryly:"The cooked goose has flown off again."
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"Physician Wan, what are you waiting for? Yan Nantian is yours."
    Wan Chunliu did not look happy or pleased, he just casually said:"Thank you." He took out a bottle of pills from his robe and put a few pills in the mouth of Yan Nantian.
    Suddenly all of them heard the crying of a baby.
    Li Dazui glared up and said:"Of course, there is the baby."
    Ha Ha'er looked at Yin Jiuyou and asked:"And?"
    Yin Jiuyou said:"Kill it."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Brother Li must be waiting for his meal now."
    Li Dazui said with a big smile:"The meat of a child will taste wonderful too, but there isn't too much of it unfortunately."
    He walked over with his big smile, suddenly Du Qiaoqiao said:"Wait a minute!"
    Li Dazui frowned and said:"What?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"You can't kill this child!"
    Li Dazui said angrilly:"You b-i-t-c-h! Why can't I eat this brat?"
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"This time little Qiao is at wrong. This child will grow up to be a threat when we let him alive. Why not give him to brother Li and be done with it."
    Du Qiaoqiao did not respond to him but asked:"I would like to ask everyone here a question. We are all evil people, but who is the most evil one in this world."
    Li Dazui angrilly said:"What kind of question is that! Ridiculous! What are you up to?"
    Du Qiaoqiao smiled:"I am just asking and you might as well just answer me. I can guarantee that the child will not lose an ounce of meat after you've answered."
    Li Dazui grunted and angrilly sat in a corner.
    Ha Ha'er laughed loudly:"Well, the most evil one must be little Du."
    Du Qiaoqiao smiled:"Thanks for the compliment, but...."
    Li Dazui angrilly shouted:"What! What does she know! The most evil fiend in the world?!? Just because she knows a few idiotic tricks? She doesn't even have the courage to eat human flesh."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Since you put it that way, brother Li must be the most evil one."
    Du Qiaoqiao giggled:"Well, I agree with him that I am not the most evil one. Fair is fair brother Li isn't either. I mean I once knew a stableboy who could eat a couple kilos of meat too."
    Li Dazui asked:"In your opinion who is?"
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"I know Yin Jiuyou."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Well, old Yin is vicious, cruel and ruthless. However you can see right away that Yin Jiuyou is a bad man, so everyone will be on his guard when they see him."
    Ha Ha'er said:"So he isn't the most evil one either."
    Du Qiaoqiao giggled:"Unless he learns the concealed dagger within a smile techniques. Smiling and calling one brother while reaching for your weapon......"
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Hahahaha, concealed dagger within a smile.....Little Du is talking about me."
    Du Qiaoqiao smiled:"Right! Brother Ha Ha has the face of a virtuous monk and nobody will know he is an evil man. His victims won't even know what hit them."
    Ha Ha'er laughed and clapped:"Hahaha, wonderful! If I am the most evil man on the world that would be nice. But when I see brother Du Sha I am most afraid, he is much more evil than I."
    Yin Jiuyou coldly interrupted:"The only thing he is capable of is killing. What else is he good at?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said with a smile:"Exactly. That is why we are standing here, while brother Du Sha is injured. If he was the most evil person around we would be the injured ones."
    Ha Ha'er looked at Sima Yan now and said:"Right, how can we forget brother Sima. Hahaha! Who hasn't heard of the venomous intestines gutting sword, slicing people like slicing garlic."
    Sima Yan smiled:"Although I have acquired a small, insignificant infamous name in the realm, however how can I compare to the legendary ten great malavolents. I pale in your comparison."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Right, how about the remaining five malavolents?"
    Sima Yan smiled:"In my humble opinion the remaining five are not much better than you. For example the mad lion Tie Zhan should not really be listen amongst the ten great malavolents."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"The mad lion really doesn't hold back when he is insane, he will even fight his own son if he's gone. But only a few have died at his hands and he isn't always mad."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"If the mad lion isn't suitable, how about the lethal enchantress Xiao Mimi. I think the famous filial son would sell his mother to be close to Xiao Mimi."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Her mesmerizing skills are awesome but truly enchanted by her are only young lads of 17, 18, 20 year old. If she meets up with old Li Dazui here, he will eat her alive."
    Li Dazui coldly said:"Of course neither male nor female will not fall for her tricks either."
    Ha Ha'er anxiously asked:"Well, it isn't me or you. Who is the most evil one in the world? Don't tell me it is some faithfull old monk in a Buddhist temple."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"All of us are about the same level when it comes to being evil, ruthless, vicious. None of us is more evil than the other."
    Li Dazui said in an annoyed tone:"So all this talk was a waste of our time!"
    Du Qiaoqiao ignored him and continued:"Although the most evil person has not been created yet, but soon he will be."
    When she said this everyone was very curious and asked simultaneously:"Who?"
    Du Qiaoqiao blinked her eyes and said:"This crying baby."
    Everyone was stunned when they heard her.
    The first one to break out in laughter was Li Dazui, he laughed loudly:"You say that he is the most evil person in the world? Hahahaha......."
    Du Qiaoqiao ignored him and continued:"This child doesn't understand a thing now, we will teach and tell him everything. He will listen to our every word, if we tell him that crows are white he won't say that is not true."
    Li Dazui said:"Rubbish again!"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"He will be raised by us, he will listen to us. Everything he hears and sees will be our words and actions, what will he grow out to be when he is older?"
    Li Dazui could not help himself but say:"A true demon."
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"Not any demon, the world's most evil demon. Think about it, if he can learn every dirty trick of everyone in this valley nobody can be more evil, vicious, ruthless than he is."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Even real demons would run away from him."
    "Right. If real demons would fear him, imagine when he will enter the realm of martial arts."
    Ha Ha'er clapped his hands and laughed:"The entire wulin will be in turmoil at that time."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Exactly! We're forced into this valley and we can't vent our anger on Wulin. This child is a gift, he will avenge us."
    At this point Yin Jiuyou had a smile on his face and said:"A good plan."
    Ha Ha'er laughed very loud and kept clapping his hands:"Hahaha, only little Du can think of such a wonderful idea."
    Li Dazui bit his lip and looked pensive, suddenly he said:"This idea is not good enough."
    Du Qiaoqiao asked:"Why is it not good enough?"
    Li Dazui said:"Well, no doubt he will become evil. But he won't look strange, I suggest we chop off one of his legs. So he won't be normal and will take out his frustration on the world."
    Ha Ha'er said:"Hmmm....sounds logical."
    Du Qiaoqiao giggled:"Don't listen to him, this Li Dazui just wants to taste the meat of this child here. Since he can't have the entire baby, he wants to settle for just a leg."
    Li Dazui jumped up and cursed:"Damn you! You filthy androgynous b-i-t-c-h! I have eaten almost everything in my life, but I haven't tasted the meat of androgynous s-l-u-t-. One of these days I will deep-fry one part of you and steam the other part."
    "You want to eat me? Aren't you afraid you will die of poison?"

From then on there was a child in the Valley of Evil, everyone calls him Xiao Yu'er; the little spared fish in the net. Gradually Xiao Yu'er grew up, the closest people to him were uncle Du Sha, uncle Ha Ha'er (or better known as the laughing uncle), unlce Yin Jiuyou, uncle Li Dazui, uncle Wan Chunliu and another uncle-----no actually an aunt, auntie Du.
    Xiao Yu'er grew up with these uncles and aunt, one month he woud live with uncle Du, the second month with uncle Li and so on.
    The strictest one was uncle Du. Uncle Du only had one hand and never smiled, whenever Xiao Yu'er's progress in martial arts was a bit too slow he would spank Xiao Yu'er. In the beginning Xiao Yu'er would often be spanked but later on the chances of being hit were getting slimmer and slimmer.
    Xiao Yu'er had a wonderful time with laughing uncle Ha Ha'er, he loved to laugh and he demanded that Xiao Yu'er would laugh with him. But the awful part is that he had to laugh even when his buttocks were hurting a lot too.
    Xiao Yu'er was most terrified when he spent time with uncle Yin. This uncle Yin sort of emit a cold air from his body even in the Summer. Xiao Yu'er would tremble just sitting next to him, the jaws of Xiao Yu'er would hurt when he spent a month with uncle Ha Ha. With uncle Yin he could rest his jaws for awhile, nobody could laugh in the presence of uncle Yin.
    Xiao Yu'er had a horrible time with uncle Li, he would also sniff his body making him very uncomfortable. But his most peculiar time would be with auntie Du. Auntie Du would sometimes suddenly turn into a man, he wasn't sure whether auntie Du was actually an aunt or an uncle.
    The most special time would be with uncle Wan. Uncle Wan never smiled either but he looked friendlier than uncle Du. And his voice was much nicer too. He would always feed herbal medicines too Xiao Yu'er and made him bathe in medicinal herbal baths, sometimes Xiao Yu'er could not stand it.
    In the house of uncle Wan was another uncle. This uncle medicine cabinet would only sit there and eat medicine and nothing else. So Xiao Yu'er called him a medicine cabinet, like a medicine cabinet it just stores all kinds of herbal drugs. Even more than Xiao Yu'er.
    Xiao Yu'er felt sorry for uncle medicine cabinet, because he knew the sorrows of only eating those herbal medicine. But the strange thing was that this uncle would never speak, nor move. Furthermore his eyes were always closed.
    Besides them there were a lot of other uncles, one uncle made very nice figurines from clay. Xiao Yu'er was very fond of him, but suddenly he was gone one day.
    Xiao Yu'er looked for him everywhere and asked a lot of other people but nobody knew where he went. So he asked auntie Du, she pointed at the stomache of Li Dazui and said:"He is in the tummy of uncle Li now."
    "How can a grown man hide in the stomach of uncle Li?"
    Xiao Yu'er did not understand.
    However uncle Li went missing to once.
    At a certain day he yelled loudly:"I can't stand it here anymore!"
    And then he was gone.
    After half a month he came back and he was covered in wounds, he almost died.
    Auntie Du even laughed at him:"I told you not to leave the valley. Now do you believe me why? If we stay in the valley nobody can harm us, because no one dares to set foot in the valley. But if we go out, we will become meek sheep in the hands of butchers."

When Xiao Yu'er was not even five years old yet, he was taken to Du Sha and was given a small dagger and there was also a dog in the room.
    Xiao Yu'er was surprised and asked:"Where....where is the knife for?"
    Du Sha answered:"The knife can be used to kill people, but it can also be used to kill dogs."
    Xiao Yu'er added:"It can also be used to chop meat and vedgetables, right?"
    Du Sha said coldly:"This is not a kitchen knife."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"I don't want this knife, I want a kitchen....."
    Du Sha interrupted:"Stop talking and kill that dog."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"If the dog is naughty just kick it, why should we kill it?"
    Du Sha said angrilly:"I told you to kill it!"
    Xiao Yu'er was about to break out in tears and said:"I.....don't.....want...."
    Du Sha said:"You don't want to kil it? Good!"
    He walked out of the room and closed the door.
    Xiao Yu'er shouted:"Let me out! Uncle Du, let me out! I want to go out....."
    Du Sha said from behind the door:"Kill the dog first!"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"I can't kill it, I am no match for the dog."
    Du Sha said:"If you can't kill it, let the dog eat you alive."
    Xiao Yu'er cried and yelled, he cried so long that his eyes were swollen and his voice was hoarse now from shouting. But Du Sha did not open the door and Xiao Yu'er stopped crying and shouting.
    If there is nobody around, children will often stop crying. It is as simple as that, however not many parents are aware of this little fact.
    Xiao Yu'er looked at the dog and the dog was looking at him. It was not a very big dog, but it looked quite mean and Xiao Yu'er was afraid of it.
    He was holding the knife and sat there. It was after a very long time he stomach started to growl, the dog started to bark too. Xiao Yu'er remembered now that he had not eaten yet.
    Xiao Yu'er said to the dog:"Little dog, don't bark anymore I haven't eaten too."
    The dog barked louder and his red tongue was licking Xiao Yu'er, Xiao Yu'er became even more afraid and clutched tightly to his knife. He said:"Little dog, I am very hungry too but I won't eat you. But you're not allowed to eat me either when you're hungry."
    The dog barked one more time and jumped at Xiao Yu'er.
    Xiao Yu'er shouted:"I am not tasty........ Don't eat me......"
    Du Sha who was standing outside heard the barking becoming fiercer and louder, all of a sudden the barking died out. After waiting for another few moments he opened the door.
    He saw Xiao Yu'er lying on the floor with a knife in his hand, like the dog he was covered with blood. But the only difference was he was alive and the dog dead.
    Du Sha picked him up and asked:"How many times did you use the knife?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Ten....... twenty, I don't remember anymore."
    Du Sha said:"You were reluctant to kill it in the beginning, right?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"The dog wanted to eat me, I..... I had no choice but...."
    Du Sha said:"Exactly, if you don't kill it, it will eat you. If you don't kill, you will be killed. Remember this lesson."
    Xiao Yu'er nodded:"Yes."
    Du Sha said:"If you attacked first you wouldn't be injured this badly..... If you know you have no choice why wait till the dog attacked you? Are you dumber than a dog?"
    Xiao Yu'er answered:"The next time I will know what to do."
    Du Sha said:"Very good! Remember, all the people in the world are like that dog. You have to strike first and don't wait till your opponent attacks first. Do you understand?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Yes."
    Du Sha asked:"Are you sure you won't forget?"
    Xiao Yu'er replied:"I will never forget this lesson in my life."
    Du Sha looked at Xiao Yu'er and smiled.

Xiao Yu'er had to stay at Wan Chunliu for at least ten days before he could walk again, he already had some scars but now there were even more.
    After a few more days Du Sha took him him to his place again. There was another dog, this time a much bigger dog.
    Du Sha said:"Do you still have that knife?"
    Xiao Yu'er nodded and turned pale and could not speak anymore.
    Du Sha said:"Good! Kill this dog too!"
    Xiao Yu'er stuttered:"This dog is very big....."
    Du Sha asked:"Are you afraid?"
    Xiao Yu'er nodded heavily and replied:"Very afraid."
    Du Sha angrilly said:"Useless."
    He turned around and closed the door again.
    After awhile the dog barked loudly and for a very long time. Du Sha opened the door and saw the dog was dead, Xiao Yu'er was alive.
    Although this time he was again covered in blood but he was standing. There were tears in his eyes and bit his lip, he said loudly:"I killed it and used my knife seven times."
    Du Sha asked:"Are you still afraid?"
    Xiao Yu'er replied:"No, but earlier....."
    Du Sha said:"What was the use of being afraid earlier? You have to kill it anyhow, regardless of the fact whether you're afraid or not. The dog still wanted to eat you. Do you understand?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Yes, I understand now."
    Du Sha asked:"Do you know why you're injured?"
    Xiao Yu'er lowered his head and said:"Because I was afraid and did not dare to attack first."
    Du Sha said:"Allright! Will you be afraid the next time?"
    Xiao Yu'er made two little fists and said:"No, I will not be afraid the next time."
    Du Sha looked at Xiao Yu'er and smiled again.
    This time Xiao Yu'er recovered faster, but when he was better again Du Sha would take him to his room. The dogs became bigger and bigger and fiercer and fiercer.
    However Xiao Yu'er was injured less severe every time and every time he was finished quicker than the previous time.
    Till the sixth time, Du Sha closed the door there was no dog. There was a small wolf.

In the end Xiao Yu'er was lying in bed, taking medicine and lots more of medicine.
    One day Ha Ha'er came to visit Xiao Yu'er. Xiao Yu'er wanted to laugh but could not laugh.
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Little Xiao Yu'er is lying here. The wolf didn't eat you."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Laughing uncle, don't be angry."
    Ha Ha'er asked:"Angry for what?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"I want to laugh, but..... but if I laugh my entire body hurts. I can't laugh now."
    Ha Ha'er laughed loudly:"Dumb child, let me tell you something. Sometimes when I am laughing I am in pain too, but the more pain I am in, the louder I laugh."
    Xiao Yu'er blinked his eyes with disbelief and asked:"Why?"
    Ha Ha'er said:"You should know that laughing is the best cure in the world. Not only that, it is also a powerful weapon, I have never seen a more effective weapon in my life."
    Xiao Yu'er stared at Ha Ha'er with disbelief again:"Weapon...... Laughing can kill wolves?"
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Not only can it kill wolves, it can also kill men."
    XiaoYu'er looked pensive for a moment and said:"I don't understand."
    Ha Ha'er asked:"Do you know why you're hurt every time?"
    Xiao Yu'er replied:"I really don't know. I.... I am not afraid anymore, I am really not afraid anymore. It must be that my martial arts aren't good enough and I can't kill it with one stab."
    Ha Ha'er asked again:"Why can't you kill it with one stab?"
    Xiao Yu'er started saying:"Because my martial arts....."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"It has nothing to do with your martial arts. It is because you don't laugh or smile. Even though dogs and wolves do not talk, that doesn't mean they do not understand our actions. The moment you walk into the room they know you're up to no good and are suspicious of you. So even if you strike first, it is in vain."
    Xiao Yu'er was listening attentively and kept nodding:"Yes, you're right."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"So the next time you enter the room, always smile. It doesn't matter whether it is a dog, wolf or even a tiger always maintain your smile. That way it won't be suspicous of you."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"So that way I can kill it without being noticed."
    Ha Ha'er clapped his hands and laughed:"Good! If it doesn't suspect you and regards you as a friend. You can kill it with one stab, it sounds simple. But it is most effective."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"That way I won't be injured anymore."
    Ha Ha'er said:"Exactly! No matter if it is a dog, wolf even a human, it won't harm someone who has no ill intentions towards him. Just smile, laugh the entire time. Even when you stab him maintain your smile, even in his final moments it won't be suspicious of you."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"But.... but that isn't the way of a hero...."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Silly child! It wants to kill you. So you're bound to kill it first, since you have made up your mind to kill it, so it doesn't matter what methods you choose."
    Xiao Yu'er smiled happily:"I understand now."
    Ha Ha'er laughed:"Good child! Now you're a good boy."
    From then on Xiao Yu'er did not get wounded anymore. He had killed five dogs, four wolves, one lynx and a young tiger. He had about 20 scars on his body and he was not even six years old by that time.
    This year four people came to the Valley of Evil, but Xiao Yu'er was not interested in them. He felt that he was much stronger than those four newcomers.
    After some time......
    At a certain day, he suddenly asked Du Qiaoqiao:"Auntie Du, everyone says that you're a very intelligent person. Is that true?"
    Du Qiaoqiao giggled:"Who said that? ....... But that person is very right."
    Xiao Yu'er asked:"And is it true that you have a lot of strange but funny objects?"
    Du Qiaoqiao giggled:"You little mischief! What are you up to?"
    Xiao Yu'er blinked with his bright eyes and said:"If I wanted to stand up for you, will you give me one of your funny items?"
    Du Qiaoqiao asked:"Why should you want to stand up for me?"
    Xiao Yu'er smiled:"Well, unlce Li often makes you angry, but you cannot think of a way to deal with him...."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"So in other words you have a way to deal with him?"
    Xiao Yu'er nodded and smiled.
    Du Qiaoqiao asked:"Well, what is that plan of yours?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Well, all I need is some herbs of auntie Du?"
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"Herbs? For herbs you need to go to Wan Chunliu."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"He doesn't have those herbs, but you do."
    Du Qiaoqiao shook her head and smiled:"You have me totally confused you little brat. Allright, what kind or herb do you need?"
    Xiao Yu'er laughed:"A smelly one, the smellier the better."
    Du Qiaoqiao stared at him for a moment and suddenly started to laugh loudly:"You, little devil! Now I know."
    Xiao Yu'er blinked and asked:"You know?"
    Du Qiaoqiao giggled:"You, little brat! Perhaps you can fool others but you cannot fool me. You hate it when Li Dazui sniffs at you, so you want to hide a package of smelly herbs on your body and let him sniff at you. However you're afraid of him, so you come up with a plot to drag me into your scheme. Not only do you have a strong back-up but also you can get into my good books."
    Xiao Yu'er blushed a bit and laughed:"Auntie Du is very smart."
    Du Qiaoqiao praised:"You're not stupid either."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Compared to auntie Du....."
    Du Qiaoqiao giggled:"Xiao Yu'er, think about it. How old are you? If you reach my age, think of your possibilities....... You're a good child, no wonder I cherish you like treasure."
    Xiao Yu'er lowered his head and said:"The herbs...."
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"Of course I have those herbs, it is so smelly that it can kill."

From that day on Li Dazui did not dare to sniff at Xiao Yu'er anymore. He vomitted for about two hours and could not eat for an entire day.
    The next day he seized Xiao Yu'er and said:"You stinky Yu'er! Did you get those herbs from Du Qiaoqiao?!?"
    Xiao Yu'er just giggled.
    Li Dazui said hatefully:"Aren't you afraid that I will eat you up!"
    Xiao Yu'er giggled:"My meat is smelly, I taste awful."
    Li Dazui scolded and laughed at the same time:"Good! You little demon, I won't eat you and I won't hit you. But I want you to punish Du Qiaoqiao for helping you. If you succeed I have a present for you."
    Xiao Yu'er asked:"Really?"
    Li Dazui said:"Of course."
    At dusk, Xiao Yu'er was having dinner with Du Qiaoqiao. There was a plate of roasted meat on the table. Xiao Yu'er kept putting pieces of meat into Du Qiaoqiao's bowl of rice.
    He laughed:"Auntie Du likes this roasted meat, eat some more."
    Du Qiaoqiao giggled:"You really know how to curry for favour."
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Well, auntie is nice to me. So I am nice to auntie."
    Du Qiaoqiao asked:"Why aren't you eating?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"No, I don't want it."
    Du Qiaoqiao laughed:"Silly child! Are you reluctant to eat it? It is nothing special, you can have roasted meat every day if you want to."
    Xiao Yu'er's eyes twinkled and said:"There is something special about this meat."
    Du Qiaoqiao asked:"What?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"I took this plate of roasted meat from uncle Li, I heard that....."
    Before he finished Du Qiaoqiao turned pale and stutttered:"Yester...... yesterday.... he killed....."
    Xiao Yu'er was smiling like an innocent child and nodded:"I think so."
    Du Qiaoqiao said:"You little brat..... "
    Before she could finish she was throwing up, she vomitted for about an hour and could not think of food for half a day.

The quarters of Du Sha were at the remote corners of the Valley of Evil, quite desolate. The interior of his home was not too much better either. There was just one bed and that was it. It was the most simple house in the entire valley. Whenever Xiao Yu'er left the house of Du Qiaoqiao and was headed here, he was also quite gloomy. There were always maneating animals waiting for him, but he had to go anyhow.
    Today, Xiao Yu'er slowly staggered towards the house of Du Sha. Du Sha was sitting at the corner of the house, not moving. He wore a white robe. There was hardly any sun shining in his house, he looked like a snowman.
    Every time Xiao Yu'er saw him, Du Sha would sit at the same spot never different. Furthermore he never dared to speak to Du Sha.
    Du Sha coldly observed him for a moment and suddenly asked:"I hear you have a little box."
    Xiao Yu'er lowered his head and said:"Yes."
    Du Sha said:"I hear that your box is filled with all kinds of items."
    Du Sha said:"Tell me what you have in that box."
    Xiao Yu'er still did not lift up his head and said:"I...I have a package of smelly herbs, a very long stick and it can shoot many spikes out. A bottle of liquid that can turn both flesh and bone into water and....."
    Du Sha coldly interrupted:"Li Dazui and Du Qiaoqiao gave you these objects?"
    Xiao Yu'er answered:"Yes."
    Du Sha said:"I hear you've tricked them many times. You use the items of Du Qiaoqiao to trick Li Dazui and use the items Li Dazui ,gave you, to make fun of Du Qiaoqiao. Correct?"
    Du Sha asked:"Aren't you afraid that they will kill you in a fit of rage?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"In..in the beginning I was afraid. However later on I discovered that the meaner and craftier I am the happier they are. Especially auntie Du, she sometimes even allow me to trick her."
    Du Sha looked at him for awhile, he turned around and said:"Follow me!"
    Before nearing that awful room, Xiao Yu'er could already hear a series of fierce roars. Those roars were very frightening.
    Xiao Yu'er said with fear:"A tiger?"
    Du Sha grunted and opened the door and roared:"Quickly enter!"
    Xiao Yu'er took up the sabre and had no choice but to go in. Du Sha was standing outside the door again, he had a special ability he could stand there for 10 hours without changing position.
    But this time Xiao Yu'er was only inside for a few moments and the roaring stopped.
    After awhile, Xiao Yu'er called out:"Uncle Du, you can open the door now."
    Du Sha was surprised and said:"That fast?"
    Xiao Yu'er said:"Thanks to the skills uncle Du taught me."
    Du Sha grunted and opened the door.
    With a load roar a big tiger leapt out. Du Sha did not see this coming, he was expecting Xiao Yu'er and not a fierce tiger. In a shock he was a bit slow in his evasion and his shoulder was injured by the claws.
    The tiger became fiercer after smelling blood and jumped at Du Sha again. This jump was quicker and fiercer than any martial artists could do. But Du Sha was not anybody, he leapt up and landed on the back of the tiger. In his shock he did not forget to yell:"Xiao Yu'er, are you injured?"
    If the tiger was not dead, was Xiao Yu'er killed?
    However he could hear Xiao Yu'er giggling now:"Xiao Yu'er isn't hurt. I am right here."
    Du Sha looked up and saw a cute little boy eating an apple standing on a narrow beam on top of the door.
    In a flash Du Sha did not know whether to be happy or angry, because of this distraction the tiger threw him off his back.
    Xiao Yu'er yelled softly:"Be careful, uncle Du."
    The tiger turned around and attacked Du Sha again.
    This jump was a sure hit, Du Sha could not escape from those sharp claws. However he lowered his body and slipped under the tiger. He raised his right arm, and a loud horrific cry could be heard. Blood splattered everywhere around, the tiger wobbled a bit before falling down. It was dead.
    All the walls were covered with the blood of the tiger and the room was utterly chaotic. Du Sha stood up and half his body was covered in blood. After Yan Nantian broke off his right hand, Du Sha had replaced it with a metal, sharp hook. He used the hook to rip open the abdomen of the tiger.
    Xiao Yu'er dropped his apple and was patting himself on the chest, he was saying:"What a terrific scene! Almost scared me to death."
    Du Sha stood there and looked at him, not showing anger at all. He was as always cold and said coldly:"Come down."
    Xiao Yu'er held on both sides of the door and slipped down, he giggled:"Although the tiger was strong, but uncle Du was much stronger."
    Du Sha said:"I told you to kill the tiger, why didn't you?"
    Half his face was covered with blood and his other part of his face was as white as paper. The wind was blowing through the room and with the body of a dead tiger next to him, the scene was horrifying.
    But Xiao Yu'er was not afraid and giggled:"Uncle Du told me to kill the tiger, but I wanted to see how uncle kills the tiger."
    Du Sha said:"You wanted to kill me?"
    The part of his face, which was drenched with blood, was turing purple. The other part was darkening too. If a demon from the netherworld would come and one would compare their faces, the most horrifying face would belong to Du Sha.
    Xiao Yu'er was still smiling and giggled:"I would not dare to plot to kill you. The tiger was caught by uncle Du, therefore uncle Du is bound to be able to kill the tiger...... I already understood that all along."
    Du Sha coldly looked at him and did not speak.
    Frankly he did not know what to say.

to be continued
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

thanx athena for another gr8 update

That little brat Xiao Yuer With all those bad influences, it was a miracle he did not really turn into a baddie later on.

Thanks again Athena for the translation.

oh man the cute bratty Xiao Yu Er with his lovely tricks.....

thanx athena....great job!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -