Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Between ROCH and HSDS

Default Between ROCH and HSDS

Can anyone cover this area. Or at leat, give me a site that covered these areas.

Default Re: Between ROCH and HSDS

Originally posted by Yo Kang
    Can anyone cover this area. Or at leat, give me a site that covered these areas.
    I believe there's none because in HSDS, it's a leapt of at least 80-90 years from ROCH and little details has been filled in except for those written out in HSDS. O__O
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 12-30-03 at 08:14 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

We know the following things happened:

Thirteen years after the end of ROCH, the Southern Sung Dynasty finally falls (A.D. 1279) and the Mongols under Kublai Khan establish the Yuan Dynasty.

1. Gwok Jing and Wong Yung (and their son Gwok Por Lo) perish in the final battle of Seung Yeung Fortress. Before dying, they melt Yeung Gor's Heavy Iron Sword and recast it as the Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre. In the former, they place manuals for all of Gwok Jing's essential martial arts skills (including the 9 Yum Jen Ging and the Hong Lung 18 Palms) and in the latter, they place Ngok Fei's War Tactics Manual.

2. Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl disappear, never to be heard from again.

3. Gwok Seung searches for Yeung Gor. She never finds him, but she learns a portion of the 9 Yeung Jen Ging from Gok Yeun the Monk at Shaolin Temple. Later, she founds the Ngor Mei Sect. One other sect leader succeeds her before Mit Jeut See Tai takes over as sect leader before the beginning of HSDS.

4. Young Cheung Gwun Bo becomes Cheung 3 Fung and founds the Mo Dong Sect. He too learns a portion of the 9 Yeung Jen Ging from Gok Yeun the Monk.

5. Before he dies, Wan Hak Sai hides the 9 Yeung Jen Ging within the skin of a mountain gorilla. A century later, Cheung Mo Gei finds the manual.

6. Shaolin returns to prominence in the martial world after many decades of turmoil following the Fireworker Monk Incident (which occurred at around the time of the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, prior to the beginning of LOCH).

7. Mt. Hua Sect is founded.

8. The Beggar's Union goes into decline.

9. Dali Kingdom is conquered by the Mongols, but descendants of the Chu and Mo families survive into the HSDS era.

10. Probably within a decade of the end of ROCH, East Heretic Wong Yerk See, South Monk 1 Deng, and Central Mischief Chow Bak Tung die (most likely of old age).

11. The Ming Cult, long dormant after their epic struggle against Wong Seung (the creator of the 9 Yum Jen Ging) in the waning years of the Northern Sung Dynasty (decades before the beginning of LOCH), finally re-emerges as a power in the martial world. Unfortunately, their Sacred Fire Tablets are lost around the time ROCH ends (they will be found again in the possession of the Persian Ming Cult during the time of HSDS).

12. With the emergence of Ho Juk Do, Kwun Lun Sect becomes another formidable martial sect of the era.

Numerous other things must have happened as well.
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 12-31-03 at 03:33 PM.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    [B]We know the following things happened:

10. Probably within a decade of the end of HSDS, East Heretic Wong Yerk See, South Monk 1 Deng, and Central Mischief Chow Bak Tung die (most likely of old age).

]
    U meant within a decade of the end of ROCH didnt u ??

When Guo Xiang visited Shaolin at the beginning of HSDS, Were Guo Jing and Huang Rong still alive ?
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Originally posted by ToOn99
    U meant within a decade of the end of ROCH didnt u ??

When Guo Xiang visited Shaolin at the beginning of HSDS, Were Guo Jing and Huang Rong still alive ?
    Sure they are. One prove is that I told Brother Zhang (Junbao, the later Zhang Sanfeng) to look them up in Xiangyang for refuge and protection.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 12-30-03 at 08:53 AM.

10. Probably within a decade of the end of HSDS, East Heretic Wong Yerk See, South Monk 1 Deng, and Central Mischief Chow Bak Tung die (most likely of old age).

But the end of HSDS is about a hundred years from the end of ROCH. Surely they couldn't live that long?

Who knows? Maybe ZBT is still alive today

Originally posted by junzi
    But the end of HSDS is about a hundred years from the end of ROCH. Surely they couldn't live that long?
    Typo, folks. It's been fixed.

Even in the Jin Yong universe, people don't live 200+ years.

Actually, I would love to see Jin Yong writes another novel about the time between ROCH and HSDS. Obviously, there are a lot of things to say.

Yeah, how can GJ and HR die!!!! Where's that YG when you need him?!
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    Yeah, how can GJ and HR die!!!! Where's that YG when you need him?!
    He'll probably answer, "Sorry, but my Gugu didn't ask me to save them." j/k.
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

7. Mt. Hua Sect is founded.
    I thought that it was mentioned in HSDS that Hua Shan have had a 200 years history by then??

Originally posted by rabadi
    He'll probably answer, "Sorry, but my Gugu didn't ask me to save them." j/k.
    That's one cruel joke.

Cool Regarding GuoJing's death

Superboy: Yeah, how can GJ and HR die!!!! Where's that YG when you need him?!
    --- I think GJ/HR probably told YG not to bother, because the war effort is doomed. GuoJing probably decided to die with the army and HuangRong decides to follow him. [Also heard that one --or two w/ LittleDGirl-- more martial artists cannot beat an army: except maybe XiaoFeng. :P ]. Some say that GJ/HR asked YG to lookout for their descendants instead?

Default Re: Regarding GuoJing's death

Originally posted by Anonymous
    Superboy: Yeah, how can GJ and HR die!!!! Where's that YG when you need him?!
    --- I think GJ/HR probably told YG not to bother, because the war effort is doomed. GuoJing probably decided to die with the army and HuangRong decides to follow him. [Also heard that one --or two w/ LittleDGirl-- more martial artists cannot beat an army: except maybe XiaoFeng. :P ]. Some say that GJ/HR asked YG to lookout for their descendants instead?
    I don't think anybody saw Yeung Gor or Little Dragon Girl again after they left that gathering of New Greats at the summit of Mt. Hua at the very end of ROCH. Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor probably never saw each other again after that.

One thing that puzzles me is that GJ/HR knew YG and XLN would probably go back to the Ancient Tomb. So, why couldn't GX try to look for YG there? Is it because GX did not know the location of the Ancient Tomb? She could have asked her father and mother, right?

Originally posted by rabadi
    One thing that puzzles me is that GJ/HR knew YG and XLN would probably go back to the Ancient Tomb. So, why couldn't GX try to look for YG there? Is it because GX did not know the location of the Ancient Tomb? She could have asked her father and mother, right?
    She looked at the Ancient Tomb and they were not there.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    She looked at the Ancient Tomb and they were not there.
    Huh? I missed that part. But surely they would get back there sooner or later, since in HSDS Lady Yang mentioned the Ancient Tomb.

probably, they went somewhere for their honeymoon, so at the time GX went visiting them in Ancient Tomb, she didnt find them.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Could the death of GJ and HR mean that HYS, ZBT, YD all died within a decade since it seems unlikely that they helped in that situation?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"