Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Ng

Hmmmm...lately I keep getting Ron Ng and Raymond Lam mixed up!!! Lol, just wanted to mention that little thing. Don't they sorta have a few things in simlar?

Anyways I'm waiting for the series Western Chamber Story. I was browsing around and heard of the ending. I'm not sure if its positively true or not though.

Oh, I heard of the seires with Ron, Sammul, Myolie, and Tavia too. Its supposed to be soemthing about a police training academy and all that. I don't really mind who ends with who as long as Myolie gets a good ending and everyone else does too. Gosh, its a hard choice between Ron or Sammul with Myolie......
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

SPOILER!!!!!!The ending of Western Chamber is Ron-Myolie, Kenneth-Michelle.END OF SPOILER

For me, in the new cop series, I hope Tavia and Ron end up together. Don't really care about Sammul and Myolie. Never liked Myolie
    Last edited by jeh; 04-06-04 at 09:08 AM.

kenneth and michelle? AGAIN? i'm not a fan of his.
    but I hope Ron and Tavia for that new series.
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

Hey there jeh Thanks for the confirmation of the ending. Might want to put spoiler on that so others who don't want to know the ending won't spoil it for themselfs

Oh you don't like Myolie? Hehe, maybe in the future she'll grow on you Can't wait to see more series of Ron and Myolie togehter!!!!! Oh I want to see Ron and Raymond act in a series together too!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Oh you don't like Myolie? Hehe, maybe in the future she'll grow on you Can't wait to see more series of Ron and Myolie togehter!!!!! Oh I want to see Ron and Raymond act in a series together too!!!
    Like Goddess said, Jeh, Myolie might grow on ya. I think she's quite a good young actress with great potentials and she is just get better in every series.

Goddess, you'll get a chance to see Ron & Raymond in their new ancient series called "Twins of Brother". It was done filming late Dec 03' and the question is when will it be release? LOL
    Last edited by Elite; 04-06-04 at 09:38 PM.

Well, yes, I agree that Myolie is a very good actress and she has the potential to become like Kenix Kwok or Jessica Hsuan. To be as respected by TVB as them. I don't exactly dislike Myolie. I do like her in some series and in TITS, I thought that she was pretty cute but her character was annoying. I guess that's why I kind of dislike her from that point forward. I hope one of her new series will change my views of her. Neways, back to hottie Ron! I am so anxious about when Twin of Brothers will be release. It looks interesting and Ron, Tavia, and Leila are in there so I really want to see it. I always love wuxia so I hope TVB won't ruin this wuxia series like they did to almost every wuxia series that released nowadays.

Hey there Elite!! Are you the same person from tvseriefans? If so or not, welcome to the forum, sorta Seems like you've been a member for a bit now, but only 5 posts?

Twins of Brothers? Thats great to hear that these two have done a series together!!!!!! I don't think I've heard about this, let me browse to find threads on it Gosh its been done filming for that long now? I do hope that it comes out soon!!! hehe

Oh yeah, come into the Myolie thread Elite!!!

Ooooooh, so its the character of Myolie that sorta got you on the track of "disliking" hehe Really now? Her character in TITS annoying? I'ld agree that at some points, but I found her character really sweet and cute. I guess everyone views different
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i'm so amazed at how's ron's popularity rosed! it's exactly the same raymond lam did in ASITP! thats why i cant wait to see Twin of Brothers and for sure Ron is gonna win one of those tvb awards this year!
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

xoxoxox

Here is a picture of Ron from Western Chamber Story with Myolie Wu and Michelle Yip. They all look really nice in here!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20040121/ent/0121enew07b1.jpg')

Also here is a magazine article on Myolie and Ron Ng. Basically Myolie gave Ron a VIP to one of her singing events. I forgot what it was. But in the pic, Ron is listening to her practice I think. They are cute!!! Ron looks very cute himself with those glasses, very handsome without though. Gosh, reminds me of Raymond Lam!!!!!

http://www.ronng.com/pic/ron202.jpg
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i dunno.... i dont think ron looks good in ancient series (just from the pics i've seen so far) =(
    he looked okay in Find the Light but maybe its cause he had no hair in the front... hmmmM~

xoxoxox

Can't remember much of how he looked like in Find teh Light, but I think he looks fine here. However, do agree he doens't fit into the ancient era very well. Much much better in the modern dramas

however, he does have good chemistry with both Myolie and Michelle!!! hehe, very cute
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

yeah i've decided michelle and ron do not look good in ancient series. they are more modern series people.

xoxoxox

Originally posted by xox
    yeah i've decided michelle and ron do not look good in ancient series. they are more modern series people.
    I so agree with you!

Ancient series productions have a mixed reputation in TVB though. Younger actors often take on ancient roles because they either have no choice, or they like doing ancient dramas. The older and more well-established actors tend to avoid doing them because they have the power to reject roles and they're scarred from their ancient drama experiences earlier in their career.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

Yeah, they don't look that great, but not that horrible though. Michelle seems to fit the ancient look more then Ron though.

Lol Arashi, your comment on the older artists wanting to do mordern drama amuses me
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah, they don't look that great, but not that horrible though. Michelle seems to fit the ancient look more then Ron though.

Lol Arashi, your comment on the older artists wanting to do mordern drama amuses me
    I'm not kidding. When's the last time you saw say Kenix, Roger or Julian in an ancient drama? (Square Pegs don't count!) When Roger first started out in the 80s, he did almost nothing but ancient series. I think part of the reason is because the protagonists in ancient series tend to be much younger than in modern series. I also felt that Joe Ma was too old for his role in Lady Fan, but I guess he was primarily there to match Jessica so she doesn't look too old paired with a younger actor.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

Oh, can't count Square Pegs? Hmmm...well right now watchin Julian in an ancient drama, Palm of Ru Lai. Oh Oh, Jessica in Lady Fan. As for Roger....nothing at the moment...

Lol, we should get back to Ron!!! But nothing to really say on him.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i think i've only seen Kenix do one ancient drama but i don't remember the name that was a long time ago. I don't think i've seen her since then?

xoxoxox

Ron Ng is my favourite male newcomer! Looking forward to watching him in other series. I thought he did the best job out of the younger actors as Isaac in Triumph. I wonder whether he can pull off the ancient look and aura though.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Ron wins third place as one of the younger newcomers. Raymond wins first place and Sammul gets second

Anyways here is a little something on Ron *Credit to tvseriesfans.com Also hyn5 for posting it*

http://ronng.com/magazine/tvb/tvb359.jpg

Ron Ng’s Hand at Photography

Looking at the photographer for this article, one will realize that it is DOTWC’s Ron Ng’s work of art. Visiting one of the night filming sessions along TVB’s “ancient street”, the interviewer’s camera was “stolen” by Ron who then proceeded to take pictures of his very lively and playful group of models.

Captions for pictures (Clockwise starting from the left top)
    The petite and gentle Myolie gets rough by grabbing Kenneth’s clothes. He in turn pretends to be getting strangled and responds by sticking out his tongue.

Ron gets down on the floor to capture Myolie’s and Kenneth’s expressions from a lower angle.

Having fun together, “one-eyed Kenneth” together with Myolie, who has both her eyes opened wide.

A side view of Lit Gor looking extremely suave, lighting his cigarette.

The father and daughter picture of Myolie and Chan Hong Lit has its limelight accidentally stolen by an out of focused Kenneth sticking his tongue out.

A weird picture taken by Ron: An out of focus Lit Gor in the foreground and a preoccupied soldier in the background.

The background of the lanterns together with the flowers carved into the set creates a poetic feeling and mood.

Paragraph at Bottom:
    Ron loves capturing the natural sides of things

As it turns out, Ron’s love for photography started last year while filming Twin of Brothers. The filming site was very scenic and with all the people dressed in ancient costumes, created the perfect picture opportunity. Ron said that he enjoys taking candid and natural pictures instead of getting everyone to pose for the camera. On that trip, he had with him his digital camera and together with the laptop and printer a colleague brought, was able to get the photos printed right away for everyone to enjoy. He says that his present digital camera has a lot of different functions and effects for picture taking and that he will also be buying a film camera at a later date. Ron adds that he feels photography require experience and creativity in other to capture new meaning with the pictures taken. It probably won’t be surprising if one day we see Ron with a side or part time job involving photography.

* Translation courtesy of slacker
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Ron wins third place as one of the younger newcomers. Raymond wins first place and Sammul gets second

I'll be honest, personally, Raymond's acting is more experience and a bit better. But I like Ron overall, then Raymond and Bosco. I'm not fond of Sammul at all. He particularly is on my 'dislike' mode.