Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Won Bin

Hey guys!

Fallen Angel: That's too bad. I wonder what the deal is with the comedic love story bit, then? Oh well. Thanks for the info, though.

Goddess, Regarding the part of my post that confused you, it was just my lame attempt at a joke. I don't want to have to explain it 'cause that would make it even worse. Just pretend I never said anything.

Okay, I'll keep All About Eve in mind. Isn't that the name of an old American movie that won a lot of Academy Awards in its day? I've never seen it though, so I was just wondering (for anyone who might possibly know what I'm referring to here) if the Korean series has any connection to the film?
    Yeah, Hotelier was my very first Korean drama even though I technically finished watching Endless Love first. I think that if I started watching Endless Love first, it might have turned me off from Korean series for a good while.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-13-04 at 09:08 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Hey guys!

Okay, I'll keep All About Eve in mind. Isn't that the name of an old American movie that won a lot of Academy Awards in its day? I've never seen it though, so I was just wondering (for anyone who might possibly know what I'm referring to here) if the Korean series has any connection to the film?
    Yeah
    Yap.....it has the same name but no connection what so ever ! I think the reason why it's call All about Eve is because the story revolved around two girls!

Lady Zhuge, here is a link if you want more infor about this series: All About Eve
    Cheers!!!!!!

Thanks for the link, Fallen Angel.

Hmm...it involves two girls? Then why is it only "all about" one of them in the title?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey there guys

Its actually referring to the first women, Eve. So basically these two girls (Chae Rim and Kim So Yuen) are showing the different sides of Eve. Like the good side, the bad side, the jelousy, the anger, frustation, and etc

Thanks for the link Fallen Angel!! Its such a nice site, hehe. Wonder how I never came across it before!!

Hehe, I get it now. So you started watching Hotelier first, but finished Endless Love first right? It is shorter isn't it? Anyways I don't think that Endless Love is the best Korean serie to start off with for anyone. Many seem to love it though
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

You welcome guys ! I actually stumbler upon it when I was looking for more infor about other series after watching my first Korean drama and since than I been visiting it everytime I watch a new drama.

Anyways I don't think that Endless Love is the best Korean serie to start off with for anyone. Many seem to love it though
    I agree, Goddess....never get it either !
    Cheers!!!!!!

Default won bin

wot is he up to nowadays..love to see him on our tv screeens again....I think he is doin a war film somehow.. he shud do another series like friends / endless love

Hey there everyone!!

Lol, Lady Zhuge : Guess what? I finally get your joke.....hehe, I'm a bit slow I was talking with my sister last night and all of a sudden I thought about that post you made and it all clicked!!! hehe....:

Hi ya Fallen Angel So what was your first Korean serie? Anyways I know. Its quite confusing to understand how so many people could love this serie. I've heard so many comments on great it was plus how fast everyone finished watching it.

Hey teddybear I do want for him to do more series so that I can watch it, hehe. No real idea wht he is doing currently though. Mayeb filming more movies?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Hi ya Fallen Angel So what was your first Korean serie? Anyways I know. Its quite confusing to understand how so many people could love this serie. I've heard so many comments on great it was plus how fast everyone finished watching it.

Hi Goddess,

My first Korean series was called "Pretty Lady", it's about a hand bag company! That was after 3 years ago. Since then I have watched around 50 series or so.... give or take a few that I didn't finish! But those that stand out or I like it most are:

- AAE
    - Beautiful Days
    - Hotelier
    - Glass Shoes
    - SSBG
    - Rival
    - Age of Innocent
    - Legend of Love
    - Attic Cat
    - Summer Scent
    - Stairway to Heaven
    Cheers!!!!!!

Wow Fallen Angel!!! You've diffinately seen a lot of Korean series!!! Of the series you listed in your list of most "memorable," I've only seen two of them, hehe!!

I've seen probably 5 to 8 Korean series? Lol.....such little numbers compared to yours!!! Lately there has been numerous Korean series releasing. Probably 3 or 4 at a time!! I aven't rented any new ones though sicne just can't find the time for them!!

Some of the new releases out here is Myth of a Hero, True to Love, Her House, and Honesty. Have you seen those? Any suggestions?

hehe, better jump back to talking about Won Bin!!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Wow Fallen Angel!!! You've diffinately seen a lot of Korean series!!! Of the series you listed in your list of most "memorable," I've only seen two of them, hehe!!

I've seen probably 5 to 8 Korean series? Lol.....such little numbers compared to yours!!! Lately there has been numerous Korean series releasing. Probably 3 or 4 at a time!! I aven't rented any new ones though sicne just can't find the time for them!!

Some of the new releases out here is Myth of a Hero, True to Love, Her House, and Honesty. Have you seen those? Any suggestions?

hehe, better jump back to talking about Won Bin!!!!!!
    Yeah, it seem like a lot, ha....but some of them I didn't finished D!

I only seen True to Love and Honesty. True to love aka "Have we really love" starred Bae Yong Jun as a struggling student who work night shift to support him and his sister thru school cuz their mother left them when they were young. This is one of BYJ's early drama.

Honesty aka Truth starred Cho Ji Woo and Ryu Shi Won (who also appeared in Beautiful Day) is about a smart girl whose father is a chauffeur for a rich family and they live in the basement of the rich family house!

Both dramas are ok!
    Cheers!!!!!!

I just finished watching the first episode of Friends. Won Bin is totally different in here than in Endless Love. His face looks thinner and he seems kind of tired for some reason.
    It's really cute when Won Bin's character tries to communicate with Tomoko in Korean and Tomoko responds in Japanese and they have no clue what the other is saying and must resort to broken English.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks for the comments Fallen Angel I think I might get Honesty since I really like Choi Ji Woo and Ryu Shi Won. They were both so good in Beautiful Days. Do they pair in here? hehe, I'll watch to find out!!

Already started on Friends Lady Zhuge? heh, thats fast Oh, he seems tired? Well at least Friends was only a few episodes long so production probably didn't take long.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi Goddess,

Yes....they finallly paired up! I feel sorry for RSW in Beautiful Days so it is good to see them together in this series !

Lady Zhuge,

Now that you finished Friends, what is the next korean drama that you're going to watch aside from Romance? Who do you like more Won Bin, Kim Jae Won or Bae Yong Jun ?
    Cheers!!!!!!

Hey guys!

Goddess, yeah, Won Bin looks a bit tired to me for some reason. It could just be the lighting.

Fallen Angel, who said I finished watching Friends already? It certainly wasn't me. I just finished watching episode 2. Honestly, it's kind of repetitive and predictable. The Japanese girl who plays Tomoko is a pretty bad actress who just gets away with running and looking cute. Won Bin does look very handsome in an army uniform, though.
    When I do actually finish Friends and Romance, I'm not sure which Korean series I will watch next. Maybe Stairway to Heaven, maybe Beautiful Days, maybe Successful Story of Bright Girl, or maybe something else. In terms of viewing series, I've been in a very impulsive mood of late.

I like BYJ's body, KJW's smile, and WB's eyes/face overall. Okay yeah, I know that was cheap. Um...hmm...I think I like Won Bin the most out of those three. How about you?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hahaha....I guess there is no such thing as perfect after all !

For me it will be BYJ's height, KSW's body, Won Bin's eyes and Jang Hyuck's smile ! As for favourite, well I can't decide.....there is just too many to choose from!

Lady Zhuge, think you should just watch all of these series that you mention ! They all are really good series with good storyline. Both Beautiful Days and Stair to Heaven starred CHW and she cry a lot in there! SSBG is more up beat with Jang Nara and Jang Hyuck.... they will make you laught !
    Cheers!!!!!!

LOL you two!! I'm quite amused with your talk about what you like about those guys, hehe

********SPOILERS FOR BEAUTIFUL DAYS***********

Same here. Did pity RSW in Beautiful Days, yet I didn't want for him to end up with CJW. For me I didn't think they looked that good togehter. She looked very very compatiable with LBH. Anyways it would have been a bit too "clique" lets call it if she ended with RSW.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Thanks for the comments Fallen Angel I think I might get Honesty since I really like Choi Ji Woo and Ryu Shi Won. They were both so good in Beautiful Days. Do they pair in here? hehe, I'll watch to find out!!

Already started on Friends Lady Zhuge? heh, thats fast Oh, he seems tired? Well at least Friends was only a few episodes long so production probably didn't take long.

Since you like CJW and Ryu Shi Won, you should watch
    "Honesty". It is quite a good drama.

Ryu Shi Won is also very good in another drama
    "Since I Met You", very funny family members and is a nice
    drama too.

Yeah.....I know what you meant, Goddess. LBH was great in Beautiful Days and his character really stand out ! And after watching so many Korean series, one scene I still remember it really well is where one morning CJW was washing the glass door and she looks really lost and sad....I think she was crying or something and LBH come and stand outside the glass door and gently wipe at the glass near her eyes (it looks like he was wiping her eyes for real) and she looks up at him but he turn and walked away like nothing had happened. Ohh...he was so cool in there !
    Cheers!!!!!!

Originally posted by Fallen Angel
    Hi Goddess,

Yes....they finallly paired up! I feel sorry for RSW in Beautiful Days so it is good to see them together in this series !

Lady Zhuge,

Now that you finished Friends, what is the next korean drama that you're going to watch aside from Romance? Who do you like more Won Bin, Kim Jae Won or Bae Yong Jun ?

In Beautiful Days, CJW and LBH are more competible. This
    drama is more romantic than Winter Sonata.

After watching "Hotelier", I was thinking whether do I have the
    chance to see BYJ personally just like Hong Kong and Taiwan
    Actor and Actress.
    Finally this year March, he really came to Singapore. He really look good in suit and had the "killing simile". You will definitely fall for
    him if you see his real person.

But I like most is LBH, follow by the rest :

2) BYJ
    3) KJW
    4) HZS

Thanks for the recommendation lovewinter I'll see if I can find if that serie was released out for me. Seems like just recently Korean series have been released out, a lot of the older ones at least

Fallen Angel, you know what? That scene wasn't included in the viet version!! Oh, I was so looking forward to that scene as well since it sounded so sweet and cute!!! ARGH!! How could they do that!! There were quite a few other scenes cut out as well

*******BEAUTIFUL DAYS SPOILERS********

My favorite scene and most memorable in Beautiful Days would be when LBH found out CJW had lukemia and he went to find her after the art class finished. He helped her clear up and forced her to go eat with him and then go to a movie and etc. While they were watching the movie, LBH was "forcing" CJW to lay her head on his shoulder and he began crying yet laughed at the movie so she wouldn't notice!!! That was a grea scene!!! I was really touched by his acting there
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.