Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6MSJ and six neglected elites

Wrong. He is. Who else can learn Bei Ming Shen Gong (although just a bit) and Ling Bo Wei Bo in such a short period of time, same with 6MSJ ? Also, remember that when he learnt LBWB, he barely had any internal energy.
    A better question would be, who had the opportunity to learn those two martial arts? . We can't conclude, since he's the only person we know of who learned it. With regards to 6MSJ, the feeling I had was that he learned it 'easily' compared to others was because of his abundance of qi; in a similar way of looking at it, ZWJ was no martial arts genius, but he found it easy to learn QKDNY.

He was, but it doesn't mean that the other monks were at the same level as him.
    It's strongly implied though .

I don't think that's the case. It's more like Duan Yu subconciously understood the swords and how to use them, but he didn't have much knowledge of martial arts to keep his inner energy flow to wherever it's needed. Therefore when he's not excited enough , his inner energy flow would be stuck somewhere and the swords would not be formed.
    Dragon Balls Z!

The thing is, I really don't agree that DY had 'insanely' high amounts of qi. I think he had a lot, enough to place him amongst the very top ranks...but not near the level of XZ, who's simply a monster. Yes, he drained a lot of people...but how many of them really were of true worth? Sure, they were -called- 'first rate' fighters, but none of them were the true first rates. Basically, as I see it, he's overestimated.

Then again, I hate him, so my perspective there may be biased

Then again, I hate him, so my perspective there may be biased
    Man, I don't jsut hate him, I want to kill him ever since I started watching DGSD 03. A hopeless meatbag like him doesn't deserve to be around those chicks

ZWJ was no martial arts genius, but he found it easy to learn QKDNY.
    He learnt 40% of 9 Yang Shen Jing by himself at the age of 15~20. That's something

The thing is, I really don't agree that DY had 'insanely' high amounts of qi. I think he had a lot, enough to place him amongst the very top ranks...but not near the level of XZ, who's simply a monster. Yes, he drained a lot of people...but how many of them really were of true worth? Sure, they were -called- 'first rate' fighters, but none of them were the true first rates. Basically, as I see it, he's overestimated.
    I agree that he's overestimated by a lot of people, but you're underestimating him Hey, JY said that DY's one qi-sword strike in the Celestial Dragon Temple could shock JMZ's arm due to his very high inner power. The wuxia god wrote so, it must be right
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

Man, I don't jsut hate him, I want to kill him ever since I started watching DGSD 03. A hopeless meatbag like him doesn't deserve to be around those chicks
    Not only is he around them...they LIKE him

He learnt 40% of 9 Yang Shen Jing by himself at the age of 15~20. That's something
    Not when he has nothing else to do

Hey, JY said that DY's one qi-sword strike in the Celestial Dragon Temple could shock JMZ's arm due to his very high inner power. The wuxia god wrote so, it must be right
    He's been known to make mistakes But your point is taken.

Originally posted by TristeCoeur

When MRF hit him, that was right on his face. Of course he would bleed. Apart from Sweeper Monk, I doubt anyone else could have qi protection on his face Also, if DY didn't have very high inner power, that strike would have smashed his head.
    I really don't think DY's inner power was that high before he leeched JMZ. Sure MRF hit him in the face, but it was also said later that when MRF's foot was on his chest, MRF could have crushed him virtually instantly. Now imagine XF with MRF's foot on his chest, even if XF didnt break out of the hold, MRF wouldn't be able to crush XF's chest with his foot that easily would he? So I think at the Shaolin fight, DY probably had quite a bit less energy then XF/XYS/MRB/JMZ types (ok ok except for XZ and sweeper everybody else had way way waaaay less energy then those 4)

A better question would be, who had the opportunity to learn those two martial arts? . We can't conclude, since he's the only person we know of who learned it. With regards to 6MSJ, the feeling I had was that he learned it 'easily' compared to others was because of his abundance of qi; in a similar way of looking at it, ZWJ was no martial arts genius, but he found it easy to learn QKDNY.
    DY is an absolute natural when it comes to martial arts. From just his knowledge of the Book of Changes, he comprehended LBWB very quickly. He was able to summon enough chi to use his 6MSJ on many occassion despite almost no knowledge of basic martial arts concept, as he couldn't understand anything Xiao Feng tried to teach him when they went to Xi Xia. He just looks stupid because he never tries to actually use his abilities. Every time he fought, it's from a quick reaction to a threat either to himself or someone he loves.

As for ZWJ, one can attribute his mastering 9 Yang to his medical knowledge, and QKDNY to his high internal power. But he was able to fully learn Shaolin's Dragon Claws after just one viewing. He learnt taichi quite easily too. Not too shabby.

Actually, none of the JY main characters were less than incredible when it comes to learning martial arts. Even Xu Zhu showed signs of brilliance when he actually set his mind to martial arts.

As for ZWJ, one can attribute his mastering 9 Yang to his medical knowledge, and QKDNY to his high internal power. But he was able to fully learn Shaolin's Dragon Claws after just one viewing. He learnt taichi quite easily too. Not too shabby.
    That was due to QKDNY
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Originally posted by linghuchong
    That was due to QKDNY
    And he learnt QKDNY by himself ^_^ ooops the guy's still a genius !
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

I think ZMK is above average when it comes to learning martial arts, but he's not all that uniquely talented in actual fights though.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Yeah, being a good martial artist and a good fighter are slightly different things.

Originally posted by TristeCoeur
    Yeah, being a good martial artist and a good fighter are slightly different things.
    Indeed. Cheung Mo Gei was an excellent student of the martial arts, but he had very little killer instinct.

Yeah. Zhang San Feng is no where near as powerful as Sweeper Monk. But, I'd say that ZSF is the better martial artist.

Originally posted by linghuchong
    That was due to QKDNY
    Where did you get this idea? QKDNY in of itself doesn't give the practioner some benefit of learning new martial arts quickly. It does two things, allow the user to use his inner power to max efficiency, and redirect attacks of opponents with lesser inner power.

ZWJ was helped by his high power since it allowed him to see Kong Sheng's Dragon Claws clearly to learn it, and then excute it with such blazing speed. But he still has to LEARN the skill after seeing it just once. How many times did Guo Jing fully understand anything after just watching it once? As for taichi, it's not a skill in which comprehension is related to one's inner power. Otherwise, why would ZSF tried to pass it to the crippled Yu Dai Yan? Taichi is more an abstract theory than traditional martial arts. For ZWJ to understand Taichi sword, when just about everyone was befuddled by ZSF's demonstration, more than proves his ability to learn martial arts.

I do agree with the above posters who said that ZWJ isn't great at fighting. Because he isn't. But give credit where credit is due. The guy is a great student of martial arts.