Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Tie Lin

Originally posted by beurself
    I see. Well, I haven't found which series lists him as from the UK yet.
    Check out the credits at the end of HSDS 2003.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

His Chinastar profile: http://www.1chinastar.com/cc/1/21696.shtml
    I love how his mustache is longer on one side than the other in that pic.

More pics:

As Qianlong:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.qianlong.com/mmsource/image/2003-7-4/02-1.jpg')

Taken from: http://ent.qianlong.com/4644/2003-7-4/[email protected]

Out of costume:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cn.yimg.com/sp/20040107/scol/star_news-20040107-1440-1.jpg')

Taken from: http://cn.ent.yahoo.com/040107/166/1yk6w-img.html

A page of pictures of Zhang Tie Lin as the emperor from HZGG: http://www.hnetv.com/hzgg/qjh/ztlzp.htm
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Check out the credits at the end of HSDS 2003.

ahh. no wonder. I always felt that its off a recent series that I watched. I watched HSDS abt a month ago. Thank you for your point.

I just realised he also played Dr Sun Yat Sen in Huang Fei Hong II (or Once Upon a Time in China II). I hadn't seen it in years, and asked my girlfriend to watch if because Jet Li and Donnie Yen were amazing in it, and she came back and said 'Wah, that Emperor from Huan Zhu GeGe is in it!" - which of course made me watch the whole movie again. Still the best OUATIC ever... =)

Ian

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Originally posted by Ian Liew
    I just realised he also played Dr Sun Yat Sen in Huang Fei Hong II (or Once Upon a Time in China II). I hadn't seen it in years, and asked my girlfriend to watch if because Jet Li and Donnie Yen were amazing in it, and she came back and said 'Wah, that Emperor from Huan Zhu GeGe is in it!" - which of course made me watch the whole movie again. Still the best OUATIC ever... =)

Ian
    oh my, oh my!! you're making me thrilledd!! now i want to buy the movie more than ever.!! and got Jet Li too, cooool, i've watched the movie in TV for a number of times already (since it was aired more than two times all these years) but i never had the feelin to buy it coz it's got too many sequels that i think if i buy one i must buy the rest of them too. but what the heck, if Zhang Tie Lin is in it, im gonna buy it anyhow!

and the first pic of him as Qian Long Lady Zhuge posted up looked a lill bit younger. much thinner too.....but so fine as ever!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-10-04 at 10:24 AM.

Has anyone here seen Luan Shi Ying Xiong Lu Bu Wei, or Lu Bu Wei: Hero in Times of Chaos(http://video.tigercool.com/ProductIn...?ProductID=372)? I thought Zhang Tie Lin did a great job in it. I like him better than the actor who plays Lu Bu Wei in this current mainland Qin Shi Huang series I'm watching.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Ian Liew

Ian
    Yes, not only does it has Zhang Tie Lin, David Chiang Da Wei and Max Mok are also in that Jet Li movie. I was quite surprised to see them in it.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

eh, does anyone know what his new projects are?? sees so few of him lately.......after Medicine King of Qing Dynasty, there hasnt been any series that features him aired in malaysia anymore.....starting to miss his periodic look already......
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Has anyone seen Who's the True Emperor with Zhang Tie Lin, Zhang Guo Li, Wang Gang, and Alyssa Chia?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Is that the one where Zhang Tie Lin is the real emperor and Zhang Guo Li is the doctor they bring in a body double? Wang Gang, if memory serves me, is He Shen.
    So yeah. I really liked it. The three of them had me howling in parts. I think that the three of them, a little bit like Dicky Cheung, have perfected a set routine that they more or less bring to most productions. It was still very enjoyable though, because they are hilarious and play off one another so well.
    Anything specific you had in mind for discussion?

Yep, that's the one. The three of them seem to be in a lot of series together. I have the first 15 episodes of this series and have been debating whether to start watching it or not. I don't want to get hooked, then be left in suspense or something on 15...is it that type of series?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Yep, that's the one. The three of them seem to be in a lot of series together. I have the first 15 episodes of this series and have been debating whether to start watching it or not. I don't want to get hooked, then be left in suspense or something on 15...is it that type of series?
    Yup. I think they are called the "Iron Triangle" (Tie Sang Yiao) in China becasue they are so darn good together. It's interesting that although Zhang Tie Ling (whose thread we are in by the by) always plays Qian Long and Wang Gang always plays He Shing, Zhang Guo Li doesn't have a specific historical character that he always plays. Howerver, he does tend towards the "intelligent maverick playing it by ear against the corrupt establishment" fellow. Glad there were so many of those around in the Qing Dynasty so he can have his pick.
    In response to your predicament, this series has different "episodes", though the boundaries aren't well delineated. I don't know if episode 15 happens to fall on one of these breaks or not. In any case, I would say that this show in general is highly addictive. I wouldn't advise starting it until you have a good chunk of time to finish it - or at least get sufficiently inundated in it to be able to leave it be. Otherwise, you will have Zhang Guo Li and Wang Gang bickering in your dreams as you pine in vain for just...one...more...episode.

The Iron Triangle was in HSDS 2003, but they all played vastly different roles in that one. That may be perhaps the only time they've been in a series together and didn't come off as a threesome.
    Thanks a lot for your input and advice, AC. Since I'm not exactly short on series to watch at the moment and don't have too much time to spare, I guess I will hold off watching this one for awhile.
    Whenever I do watch it, it'd be fun to discuss it with you or anyone else who has seen it too.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

waaaaarrrghhhh.......

im so unlucky to not bein able to watch all these series.....why dont they air these good series in malaysia????!!!!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Originally posted by Meh
    Personally, I'm of the opinion that Chen Dao Ming is the best actor for acting emperors. He played Qin Shi Huang in the movie Hero(an absolute stunning performance) and the series 'Emperor Kang Xi'.
    Personally, I feel that Chen Daoming is more suitable in playing the roles of emperors who are of the serious type(like in Hero) while Zhang Tie Lin is better off in acting emperors who possess some sense of humour(like in HZGG I and II)

originally posted by Ian Liew
    I just realised he also played Dr Sun Yat Sen in Huang Fei Hong II (or Once Upon a Time in China II).
    My oh my, I hav watched this movie a few times and I have never recognised him as the actor who played Dr. Sun Yat Sen. Another reason to watch this movie again.

I really like Zhang Tie Lin, he is a terrific actor I like him in the emperor roles since he does have that royal look to him. I like it when he plays a more comedy emperor though. But he does have the strictness needed.

When first watching HSDS03 I thought he was a bit akward in there or at least I felt akward watching him. But once the serie got more rolling and he got a mustach I thought everythign was good. lol

I used to always think that Zhang Tie Lin and Zhang Guo Li were similar looking. Well they reminded me of one another ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

ohh well.. i must say that he's the best emperor actor in the whole world.. i like him an awful lottt!!! i heard that he went to acting school somewhere in London.. and maybe that's the reason he acts a very good role.. i heard too that he have europian wife too.. ohh well im not too sure about that.. but definitely he's the best emperor!!! and 1 of u says that he acts as Dr Sun Yat Sen in Once Upon A Time In China.. hmmm that would makes me to go and find the movie and watch it again.. hahaha ^^ i just simply love the way he react when Xiao Yan Zi makes mistakes.. his face's reaction is just simply amazing..

I'm not a fan of Zhang Tie Lin, but I've seen some of his works and I agree that he suits well with Qian Long character in HZGG. However, I haven't seen him in any other character than the king, so I don't know if he can play a variety of character?????I now start to feel boring in seeing him with the same character with the same makeup and the same style of acting.
    Smile, an everlasting smile
    Your smile can bring you near to me
    Don't ever let me find you wrong
    'cause that will bring a tear to me

Quote Originally Posted by Fei Fei
    I'm not a fan of Zhang Tie Lin, but I've seen some of his works and I agree that he suits well with Qian Long character in HZGG. However, I haven't seen him in any other character than the king, so I don't know if he can play a variety of character?????I now start to feel boring in seeing him with the same character with the same makeup and the same style of acting.
    Besides seeing him as Qianlong in various series, I've also watched him do convincing jobs of playing Lu Bu Wei in Luan Shi Ying Xiong Lu Bu Wei, Yang Xiao in HSDS 2003, and the former leader of the Red Flower Society before being quickly killed off. I wonder how he is in modern series?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Besides seeing him as Qianlong in various series, I've also watched him do convincing jobs of playing Lu Bu Wei in Luan Shi Ying Xiong Lu Bu Wei, Yang Xiao in HSDS 2003, and the former leader of the Red Flower Society before being quickly killed off. I wonder how he is in modern series?
    I've iust seen him as Qianlong and Lu Bu Wei, and there're not many differences in his acting in the two roles. However, I think his style of acting is somewhat funny, especially as Qianlong. I also can't imagine him in modern one with his very accient style. Do you know any modern series he starring? It even doesn't occur to me that he act in any modern series
    Smile, an everlasting smile
    Your smile can bring you near to me
    Don't ever let me find you wrong
    'cause that will bring a tear to me