Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tang Guo Qiang

Yes, the title would have been confusing for someone who's never watched the series or doesn't know what it's about. I think she commit suicide because she didn't want to be considered a threat to her nephew Li Long Ji's throne. Frankly, I thought that was really unnecessarily tragic, but then again, given what her mother had done, I guess I can understand the logic.

One of your parents has the same birthday (different year, of course) as TGQ?
    TGQ isn't an old man. He's just (much) older. Yes, it's a shame more people in our generation are not familiar with him. Just make SGYY a required part of the school curriculum and I think that will change very rapidly.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yup, both of my parent were borned the same year and it just happen that it's exactly ten years before TGQ was borned.

Haha, you are funny, make SGYY part of the school curriculum. How did you came up with such a brilliant idea. But I think that's still not enough yet. I think they should also make the students watch the series and write reviews as well. Then his popularity will go rocket up the top.

By the way, I just post a music video link of the intro and ending theme songs of the series Long Piao in the Long Piao thread. Go check it out if you have time.

Enjoy,
    Chau Le

Hey, making the SGYY series a required part of the curriculum would not only be a highly educational experience, but one that the students wouldn't resent either. Reviews probably wouldn't be necessary since they'd all just say something similar to this: "TANG GUO QIANG RULES!!! He brought Zhuge Kongming to life!!!" He's been quite a popular and greatly respected actor for awhile now, but mostly only in mainland China and with the older generation.

Thanks for the Long Piao links, but I've already seen the opening and ending clips since I've already taken a peek and watched the first episode of the series.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-08-04 at 02:24 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

It's no doubt that TGQ has been well known for a long time, especially the older generation. But by making SG as the school's cirriculum, we are trying to induce his image into the young generation aren't we. So we have to "brainwash" them and carve his image into their minds.

How did you able to see the first ep. of Long Piao? Did you bought the series?

Lol, you make being a fan of TGQ sound like bad thing that we'd have to "brainwash" people into appreciating his talents.

I got the entire "Long Piao" series, but hadn't planned on starting to watch any of it yet. However, I just got too curious and had to watch the first episode for a sneak peek.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

No, it's not him that is bad. It's me who is evil.

Then, after watching the first ep. what do you think?

My first impression of "Long Piao" is a good one. It's already quite suspenseful after only a couple of episodes, but kind of difficult to understand. I was pleasantly surprised to see the actor who played the older Jiang Wei as well as the one who played Sima Zhao in SGYY appear.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yup, Long Piao needs alot of thinking in order to understand.

Really? Jiang Wei is in here also? From the clips I saw, I only recognized Shi Ma Zhao. What role does Jiang Wei play in here? What about SMZ? What's his? Man, I still have to suffer waiting for the DVDs. Can't they please come faster? I'm running out of patient here. Once I have it, I'll jump right onto it.

Fan Zhi Qi (Jiang Wei actor) plays Huang Yu Kun, a court official. I'm not used to seeing him with a half bald head yet. Gao Lan Cun (Sima Zhao actor) plays Guan Jin Ru, the father of Huang Xiao Ming's character Qi Zi Jun's brother's wife.

For your sake, I hope the DVD version comes out soon!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Haha. one good and one bad. Fan Zhi Qi played good in SG now play bad here, while Gao Lan Cun played bad in SG now play good here. how fun.

Thank you, hope what you said will come true soon.

Yep. It will be very interesting to see how FZQ does as a bad guy 'cause he just has this look of loyalty and righteousness to me. And no, I'm not at all influenced by the fact that he played Yue Fei and Jiang Wei. GLC can play good and bad characters well. He also played Ming Zhu in "Kang Xi Di Guo".
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Man, FZQ played Yue Fei also? Yue Fei is one of my biggest heroes. How was the series? Was it a big production? How come I never heard of if? I would like to see it too. My hero.

Ming Zhu in Kang Xi Di Guo? Now that you mentioned it. I think I did saw him there when I watch some parts of it. It's a good series. Too bad I missed it when the Chinese TV station over here showed it. I only able to see some of it toward the end.

I haven't had a chance to watch the Yue Fei series yet, but once I do, I'll let you know how it is. Here is a pic of it. I don't think it's a big production and it's only 6 episodes long. After watching SGYY for the nth time, I just had to get it once I saw that FZQ is the lead.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

He does look good as Yue Fei, but man, 6 eps? Such a big and famous story, how do they fit it in only 6 eps? That doesn't sound good. Consider he's one of China's biggest heroes, why didn't they devote more to him? I want at least ten times as much, 60 eps. How disappointing.

Each episode is quite long, like an hour or so. But still, you're right. 6 episodes is not nearly long enough to do Yue Fei justice. This particular series might only go into depth about one part of his life, though.

Oh yeah, and if you do get a chance, watch all of "Kang Xi Di Guo". I personally enjoyed the first half more than the second.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

You're right. Probably they only do the last part of his life, because on the title, it also said Man Jiang Hong (Yue Fei's poem).

But still, I don't understand why don't they do a complete story of him. Being such an admireable hero, he deserved much better than that.

Me too, I have thought of renting Kang Xi for a long time. I think I will rent it when I have time. But now, my priority is still Long Piao. Oh yeah, have you been continue watching it?

Yeah, I'm surprised there's not a lengthy and complete series on Yue Fei's life. Who would you like to see cast as the lead if they were to make one now?

Why don't you watch KXDG while waiting for "Long Piao" to come out on DVD? I've watched up to episode 5 of "Long Piao" now. It is so sad.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Why do you say Long Piao is sad?

It's sad because it's just the beginning of the series, and people are dying already.

I came across a short English article (with pics) about a "Kang Ding Qing Ge" promotion that TGQ attended last month.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge,

How are you lately? During the past week, I was busy with finals that I wasn't able to get online. Now that I'm all done. So happy.

It's hard to say who will be fit for the role of Yue Fei if they will ever make a complete one. Fan Zhi Qi is already a good choice to play older Yue Fei. As for younger Yue Fei, I think Jiao Zhu might be good. I think he can be great as a general. Ofcourse, there might be other options too, but that candidate I think will have to have the ability to display the strong personality of a general. What do you think?

I think I'll have to save KXDG until after Long Piao. Because I've already ordered Long Piao, just wait for it to come. Besides, I'll be back to VN from Jan 6 to Jan 25.

By the way, I just happen to see the ad. for Jiang Shan Feng Yu Qing. It seems to be a solid serial. I really looking forward to it. It has such a strong cast, I like all three male leads. My video store also already have Kang Ding Qing Ge. I will also rent it after I come back from VN. Man, too many.