Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tang Guo Qiang

Hi chaule! Congrats on finishing your finals! Now you can relax and enjoy break. I'm on my winter vacation now too, so I'm doing very well.

I agree that FZQ is already an ideal choice to play an older Yue Fei. He just has a very honest and loyal face. As for HXM, I'm utterly shocked that you've suggested him. I think the role of a young Yue Fei would present as somewhat of a new challenge for him. That is not to say that he wouldn't be able to do a good job, though. A truly good actor should be able to have or develop the ability to display whatever is necessary for him to play a certain role.

The DVD version of "Long Piao" is out? Yay for you!

I'm looking forward to seeing JSFYQ as well. The talents of TGQ, CDM, and Wang Gang in one serial!!! Talk about saturation. Yep, there are so many good series to watch, but I'm not complaining.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

By the way, how far have you watch Long Piao? What do you think? Do you like the series? Especially how do you think Jiao Zhu's acting compare to Da Han? And what about Fan Zhi Qi's portrayal of Huang Yu Hun?

As for my suggestion of Jiao Zhu for the role of Yue Fei. The reason is because Jiao Zhu always want to challenge himself with different roles. So far, I see all of his roles are somewhat proud in nature. I think it should be good for him to try a humble role. Furthermore, he has the characterirstic of the authority figure, like Andy Lau. That characteristic is hard to find in other actors, not only in China's industry but also in American's. So far, I only see Russell Crowe has it.

Thank you, I still eagerly waiting for Long Piao. They still haven't sent it out yet.
    Last edited by chaule; 12-20-04 at 02:56 PM.

I'm still on episode 6 of "Long Piao". I will finish it after I watch some borrowed series. You know how you can take your time viewing your own series, but not with other people's. From what I've seen, I do like LP. HXM's acting is very good, especially how he was able to transition from a rich and playful 'shao ye' to a now penniless fugitive. FZQ is okay as HYH, but not a stand-out. His character isn't really evil yet, though.

I think the authority figure characteristic deal is a bit overrated. That can be fixed or at least compensated for using lighting, camera angles, and of course costumes and dialogue. We're used to watching HXM as Liu Che so yeah, it would be interesting to see him play a humble and loyal general like Yue Fei.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi, am I too late to join in this thread?
    I watched RTK series recently and was inspired by the character portrayed by TGQ as Kongming. TGQ is the perfect person for this role.
    Because of this perfect role TGQ has impressed me with, I was inspired by the way Zhuge Liang thinks and his wisom. Also heard that Zhuge Liang has written 24 books of Art of Military War, is it true?

Hi isoyou! Of course you're not too late to join this thread. In fact, I'm glad that you did. Welcome. Yes, TGQ is definitely the ideal Kongming. His portrayal of Zhuge Liang was what instigated my obsession with this wonderful historical character as you can probably tell by my username.

Zhuge Liang was not only a wise man, but one who lived and led by example. He was truly an admirable person. About the 24 books, I don't think that it's been proven that they actually existed. Zhuge Liang did write "The Way of the General", though. You should check that out if you find the art of war interesting.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Welcome to the thread. Ha ha, another TGQ fan from SGYY. You're not too late at all. People can join anytime, isn't it?
    Last edited by chaule; 02-15-05 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks for all the welcome.
    Where can I find the "Way of the General"?
    I remembered the first time I was attracted to the show was when Zhuge Liang went out to collect arrows from Cao Cao - he looked so steady when he ate and drank while all the arrows were being shot at the ships. Wow, very cool man.
    However, I missed the earlier part of the series when Liu Bei visited him three times.

Hmm... planning to get the DVD for this anyway so that I can watched all I like.
    Anyone knows where to get the DVD as I can only find the VCDs....
    Also heard that the DVD got a few cut versions, some are not the full versions.
    I want the most authentic, most uncut version.

I bought the book Mastering the Art of War, which includes "The Way of the General". The second half is Liu Ji's commentaries on the Art of War, which contains general stories (some from the RTK period) that serve to illustrate effective strategies.

My SGYY VCD and DVD sets were purchased in China, but some online retailers also sell the DVD version. Tigercool is one of them, is very reliable, and has pretty good prices:

First half

Second half

Compare that to this site and you'll see what I mean.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks for the recommendation, Lady Zhuge.
    The Tigercool version definitely looks more authentic than the other one.
    What about getting the DVD locally, is it available anywhere in S'pore?
    But I am also afraid the DVD which is available here may be the "shortened" version, not the full version.
    I saw the VCD has Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Sun Quan, ZGL on it, but no DVD available.

You're welcome. I don't live in Singapore nor have I ever been there, so I don't know if they have the DVD version that you're looking for. Try asking around.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

www.tangguoqiang.com

Tang Guo Qiang's most recent series: "Zhao Jun Chu Sai" ( 昭君出塞 )
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hi Lady Zhuge,

Long time no see. How are you? Thanks for the update. Do you know what role TGQ plays there? And how long is the series?

Hi chaule, I'm doing all right. Spring break is coming up, but that just means more time to study for the exams I have when I get back. Anyway, how was your trip to Vietnam? That was back in January, right? Are you watching any series currently?

ZJCS is still in the filming process, so I don't know how long it will be. I think TGQ is only part of the supporting cast while the main leads are HK thespians like Steven Ma and Rain Li. If I learn more about TGQ's role or come across any pics, I'll post them here.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Steven Ma? Is that Ma Jing Tao? Wonder what role he gonna play. If you have any news on the show, please post. Thank you in advance.

Right now, I'm just watching the shows on Chinese channel. One is Korean period drama "Da Chang Jin" at 9:00pm weekdays, the other is the ATV show "Love in a Miracle" starring Ma Jing Tao at 8:00pm weekdays. Da Chang Jin is broadcast in Mandarin, the other in Cantonese. The Da Chang Jin show will be end in March 31, and the Love show just started not for long. My mother also love the Chang Jin show very much, which rarely happen. I had to translate for her every night.

My trip to VN was pretty boring. The weather there was still hot eventhough it was suppose to be raining season but it never rain when we were there. Instead it was hot, I felt like walking into the oven the moment I step out of the airport. At home, I had to use the ceiling fan all the time, and open the windows through out the nights. When my mother and I prepare for the trip, we thought it's gonna be cool so I brought long paints and long sleeve shirts. As a result, I had to buy several shorts there. Aside from the hot weather, I also spent most of the day with nothing to do. My two friends had to work so we only able to go out a little bit in the weekday evenings and Sundays, and they had to go home early because they have to work early the next morning. One more thing that make my stay in VN even more boring was because we do not have a convenient transportation. We always have to go by taxis or hire a motorcycle ride. And the traffic in VN is the craziest of all. I know that many people did complain about the traffic situations in Asia countries like Taiwan, China, or Hong Kong. But I restasure you that VN is the worst. Every time you go out, you will sure to encounter "oportunities" of collisions. Always have to avoid others. People criss crossing each other, going in the wrong direction, everyone ignore the red lights at certain intersections. People are just like ants on the roads. My mother said even if she has a motorbike, she wouldn't even dare to go anymore.

That being said, I also did have good times with my friends, so it's not that bad.

When we got to Taiwan, we immediately felt much more relieve. The traffic situation is so much better. I even think that I can drive there without much of a problem eventhough I don't know how's the parking situation there. At times I even wanted to rent a car and drive around Taipei. If I was staying there longer, I think I should have. We enjoyed Taiwan very much. we love the foods there. Transportation was also quite convenient. We bought the MRT card and just hop on and off of MRT and buses. It's so cheap. We only spent each a total of 100NT out of the 400NT card. One more thing that makes me enjoy my stay in Taiwan even more was because I was able to go explore on my own. Just hold the map and hop on and off of MRTs. It gave me the feeling of an explorer. Quite fun. My mother also had fun going around with me.

Quote Originally Posted by chaule
    Steven Ma? Is that Ma Jing Tao? Wonder what role he gonna play. If you have any news on the show, please post. Thank you in advance.
    No, Steven Ma (Ma Jun Wei) is a Hong Kong actor while Steve Ma Jing Tao is a Taiwanese actor. Here's a pic of Steven from ZJCS:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/x/2005-02-18/1108663054_WZaiUR.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification. I don't know him then. That means aside from TGQ, I don't know anybody else in the serial. Oh well.

Gallen Lo and Yuan Li will also be in this series. Perhaps you are familiar with one or both of them?

Here's a trailer that was posted at Tvseriesensation.com: mms://vod.tom.com/ENT/200411/zhaojun.wmv. It's kind of small and not very smooth, but see what you can make of it.

It doesn't seem like TGQ has a very large role in this series, so I will probably give it a pass.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Oh, I like Gallen Lo. Is it confirmed that he's gonna be in here? Wonder what his role is gonna be though.

Anyway, if both Gallen Lo and TGQ's roles are just minors then I probably will pass it too.

Yes, Gallen is definitely in the series. He's one of the leads. Here's a pic of him with Rain Li:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img99.exs.cx/img99/5334/ladywang045dw.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks for the pic. He looks quite good. Does that means he's gonna play the Chieftan who married Zhao Jun? Hope so.