Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tang Guo Qiang

Default Tang Guo Qiang

Chynagongju has inspired me to start a couple of threads about my favorite mainland actors.

Tang Guo Qiang is the best! Ever since he portrayed Zhuge Liang in "Romance of the Three Kingdoms", I fell in love and have been a fan of his ever since. I know most girls here like to drool over the young chaps, but give the "oldies" a chance, too. He is such a talented actor and has starred in productions (aside from RTK) like "Yong Zheng Wang Chao", "The Long March", and "Da Tang Qing Shi".

Short profile:

Name: Tang Guo Qiang ( 唐国强 )
    Birth Date: May 4, 1952
    Birth Place: Qingdao
    Height: 1.78 M
    Immediate Family: two children (one daughter by his first wife, who committed suicide in 1990 and one son with his current wife), wife
    Other tidbits: He came from a family of doctors; he is great at calligraphy; his wife is in charge of the finances in the household ()
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 10-05-04 at 05:14 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

*sigh* Tang Guo Qiang is so under-appreciated at this forum.

Anyway, if no one posts in this thread, and if the mods/administrator don't mind, I'm gonna use it as a nice photo album for my favorite actor.

"Xiao Hua":

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/172268/TGQ2.jpg')

"Da Tang Qing Shi", with Tang Guo Qiang as Li Shimin(Tang Tai Zhong):
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hnetv.com/zhuanti/datangqingshi/juzhao/1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hnetv.com/zhuanti/datangqingshi/juzhao/3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hnetv.com/zhuanti/datangqingshi/juzhao/10.jpg')

The above three pics were taken from: http://www.hnetv.com/zhuanti/datangqingshi/juzhao2.htm

More to come later.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Darn, the pic from the site didn't work, but I hope this uploaded one does. Tang Guo Qiang in "Xiao Hua":
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Another pic from "Xiao Hua":
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Poster boy for "nai you lian"
    Anyway, this is a pic of a young(and I have to say very handsome) Tang Guo Qiang:
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Tang Guo Qiang in what I think is his ultimate role as Zhuge Kongming!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Younger Kongming:
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

TGQ as Kongming with his lute(in one of my favorite episodes of SGYY!!!):
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hmmm... I never realized how much of a pretty boy he was at the start of the career.
    Forget about losing chains, I think his countenace would make a much better selling point when Karl Marx needs to go door to door extoling the virtues of Communism.

First, I have to say thank you to AC here(check's in the mail) for being the first person who's not me to post in this awesome thread dedicated to a wonderful, but severely under-recognized actor(at this forum, at least)!

Originally posted by AnalyticChick
    Hmmm... I never realized how much of a pretty boy he was at the start of the career.
    Forget about losing chains, I think his countenace would make a much better selling point when Karl Marx needs to go door to door extoling the virtues of Communism.
    Haha, there 'ya go! Yeah, he was quite the pretty boy towards the beginning of his career. Unfortunately, that's when people only saw him at surface level and not much more. Being the very intelligent man that he is, he decided to change that stereotypical image. He knew that looks fade, but talent remains. That's why he decided to go back to acting school again even though he was in his late 30's by that time. When he graduated, he took on the very challenging role of Zhuge Liang in the popular mainland version of SGYY and that's when I think his career truly blossomed and his full potential was realized.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 02-09-04 at 03:32 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Actually i think he looks best in his Zhuge Liang days and the series he does around that same period like Eastern Zhou - Spring & Autumn period. But then who am i to question Angus' fangirl supremo!

His list of series and films is quite impressive. Just at www.layoyo.com his series span several pages.

I will always remember him as Zhuge Liang days. I'll never forget the day his plot fails when he fails to roast Sima Yi in Shang Fong Valley as it starts raining. The look on his face was just tragic!

Ok i'll hand this thread back Guo Qiang's PR agent!

hehe, I was able to find this thread too!!! I'll just help revive it a bit Lol, do I get recognition for being 3rd to post besides you? hehe, j/k

Anyways has he starred in any recent serials? From the first few pics of him, sorta reminds me of the emperor in 18 Monks starring Vincent Jiao, Peter Ho, and etc....

(oh oh, just realized this is my 7,400 posts!!! : hehe)
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Woohoo! Reviving moribund threads is fun!

I don't actually have much of substance to say about Mr. Tang, but this post is just to recognize that he exists, is a good actor, and should get more credit for being such a good, consistant elder statesman of the Chinese television serial.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    hehe, I was able to find this thread too!!! I'll just help revive it a bit Lol, do I get recognition for being 3rd to post besides you? hehe, j/k

Anyways has he starred in any recent serials? From the first few pics of him, sorta reminds me of the emperor in 18 Monks starring Vincent Jiao, Peter Ho, and etc....

(oh oh, just realized this is my 7,400 posts!!! : hehe)
    Yay! (A gold plaque will be mailed to your doorstep within 5 days. ) Congrats on your nth post.

Da Tang Qing Shi or Legend of the Tang Dynasty is the most recent ancient series that he has starred in. Nie Yuan and Echo Shen are also in it.

Originally posted by Zhuge Liang
    I will always remember him as Zhuge Liang days. I'll never forget the day his plot fails when he fails to roast Sima Yi in Shang Fong Valley as it starts raining. The look on his face was just tragic!

Ok i'll hand this thread back Guo Qiang's PR agent!
    Thank you, Kenny.

I have love-hate feelings about that scene in SGYY. I absolutely hated that it had to rain at that time ( ), but I absolutely love the way Tang Guo Qiang produced the absolutely agonizing and helpless emotions felt by poor Kongming. But then again, that is his usual standard. He always gives at least 100% dedication and concentration to whatever character he is portraying and it definitely shows on-screen.

Here's an awesomely realistic painting of the infamous rain scene:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img45.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Robin524/Defeated_by_rain.jpg')

Note that the above was NOT painted by me or anyone I know. It's by someone with the username of Clarinet from another forum who is a fantastic artist, to say the least. I know that s/he has a webpage full of beautiful artwork, but I can't find the url at the moment.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hehe, I'll be waiting for that plaque then!! Legend of the Tang Dynasty hasn't been released out in viet yet has it? When it does, I'll watch and will then be able to give full comment on him, hehe.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Nope, it hasn't been released in Viet, and it might be a very long time before it does get released...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey Lady Zhuge

I guess I'll just have to wait then. Is his character in there an important/main role though. I think I better go find out the storyline for the serie, hehe.

*I still haven't recieved that plaque yet!!!*
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hiya Goddess!

Yes, Tang Guo Qiang plays a big role. He portrays Li Shimin, the best and most prominent emperor of the Tang dynasty. The series seems to be more about his personal life and personal relationships than about his actual role as a ruler, though. I have the series, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I hope to do so during summer vacation and I'm sure I will be able to answer more questions then.

You can see more pics here: http://www.hnetv.com/zhuanti/datangqingshi/juzhao1.htm.

*I'm still waiting for the second part of your PM!*

You will get your plaque when AnalyticChick gets her check.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 06-23-04 at 03:30 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yay, happy birthday to Mr. Tang!!! It's the big *five* *two*!!!

I wish him good health and all the happiness in the world.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Its his birthday? Oh, I am late but better late than never, right?

'Happy Birthday!' May he continue to scale greater heights in his career.

I have admired him since watching him as Zhuge Liang in RoTK and as Emperor Yongzheng. There are the only 2 serials that I have seen him in, but enough to remain imprinted in my mind.
    Please visit the sites dedicated to the TV dramas, Mainland CCTV Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 笑傲江湖 and HK ATV Heroine of the Yangs 穆桂英 respectively. Thanks!!