Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Chen Dao Ming

Ohhh...I'm not quite sure which dynasty is the song dynasty...but yeah...if your asking on wat role he plays in justice bao 1 then he plays...I think his the 'eighth uncle of the king'.....Not quite sure how i translate that.....but you should re-watch it...thats what i intend to do....

Hell...no...his not to old for me.....don't you understand there's no exception in ages for love!...hahahahahheheheheee...

Ohh...you did post pics up...well thats good...are you gonna watch it?...coz by the synopis it looks like a really messy plot...you know how affairs and that?...I really hate those kinda stuff....but maybe I'll watch it just personnally for CDM....and carina....gosh there's another perfect lady for CDM...too bad..it ain't look like they gonna be pairing up wif each other...

by the way...about that female official...gosh I saw a bit of that serie before...but that's the time before i even know who chen dao ming is...hahha....it looks good...just that the cast didn't interested me that much.....I only watch like a bit of it in chinese...so don't ask me what happen...coz hell i don't even know what was happening.....

i just hope CDM..will act in a serie which is more into kung fu stuff....coz most of the time I only saw him standing there still talking...maybe some wuxia wise character will do...I just sooo wanna see him...Its been really long since I've seen his latest movie/serie.....
    Currently In Love With Qiao Zhen Yu
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

The Song dynasty is the one after Tang. Famous people from that era include Justice Bao and the Yang family of warriors.

Now I can't really rewatch something that I've never seen before, but I do want to see it.

Regarding the age deal, I was teasing you about that as well. Mature guys just tend to be so much more appealing.

Yeah, I posted clips of the cast, but I don't plan on watching it. At least not any time soon. I'm currently watching way too much stuff and have more in line.

I've only seen a few clips of The Female Official and it seemed pretty good. The theme song is also very nice. Now Chen Daoming in a comedic role is something that I must see.

Yeah, CDM doesn't film a lot of wuxia stuff. Maybe he willl in the future, so keep hoping.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

ohhh..yeah...the dynasty that people where somfing like a bun on their head...well that's what i think...i know what dynasty it is now.....china is sooo confusing....

ohhh...I thought you have watche dit alreadd...since its pretty famous....you know with aload of cases..and mystery...

old guys are hott ...hahahha...you know they are experienced...

well if you get to watch female judge...then remember to tell me about it....you know how desperate i am....

and hell no....I don't think he ever gonna act those types of role.....just have to day dream about him holdoing a sword....with dirty clothes...messy-never-washed-hair...and of course his cold personality but warm heart....lolz...
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

Justice Bao 1 was the first CDM's drama that I have watched... I immediately fell in love with him ...however, i stopped watching later on because I thought that he was only a small time actor(pardon me for having such thoughts at that time!)and it would not be worthwhile to watch the series for the sake of watching him... I regretted this decision until now.

The same thing goes for Black Hole when it was shown on the my local tv channel. The advertisement promoting this drama did not mention CDM nor showed any scenes with him in it... mostly showing unfamiliar actors and actresses and I skipped it, thinking it was a low grade drama... and of course it was a badly made decision once again!

I like CDM for his maturity and look...Call me crazy but I think he is quite good looking for his age... I mean how many guys in their late forties who can still look as good as him? I just can't help thinking how lucky his wife is for having such a wonderful guy. He has a daughter, hasn't he? Since he is not available anymore, so i guess both of us, Racheal and I would have to pray that we would meet guys like him in our daily life...HaHaHaaaaaaaaa

Seems like both of you prefer to see him in a Wuxia drama, but I prefer to see him in a modern drama because I think he has acted only in a few modern dramas. Hopefully, he can play professional roles such as lawyers, doctors, etc....

Racheal: The Tang dynasty is known for a lot of things, but somehow, "bun hair" doesn't stand out for me.

Nope, I haven't watched any Justice Bao series. I wouldn't know where to start as there seems to be quite a few. Mystery and cases are a genre I totally love, so I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

Yeah, if I do watch The Female Official, I will let you know about it in this thread. Don't count on that being any time soon though, since I'm already in way over my head series-wise.

survivor_gal: Maybe someday you can catch Justice Bao again, who knows? In that one, he does seem to have a rather minor role. However, I'm surprised that they didn't advertise Black Hole with scenes of CDM, since he is one of the main characters. His face is even on the series cover. The reason I never watched that series in the first place is because someone told me it was pretty dull. Of course that was before I even knew who CDM was. Now that I think about it, I find it hard to believe anything of his could be boring. Kang Xi Di Guo was the first project I had ever seen of CDM's and was totally impressed with his performance.

Yes, I agree with you about CDM's mature and intelligent look. That's why he is cast as emperors and wise characters a lot. To me, he has one of those looks that one grows to appreciate. He's not like hot HOT IMHO. I like him for his talent, skills, and the fact that he is so dedicated to his work and family despite many temptations in the entertainment world. Yes, he has a daughter. I've seen a picture of her before and she looks a lot like her dad.

It's not that I would prefer CDM in wuxia dramas, but more like it would be refreshing to see him in one.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Survival_gal::

Yes...lets just hpope one day we will met up wif a guy somhow like CDM...but his type is pretty rare...so don't fight wif me..if we both found the same guy.......hahhahahah

Lady Zhuge::
    same here its just a refreshing thing to see him in a more different role....and since I'm a wuxia lover...so yeah...I just have ta pray....and do tell me about female official...since i don't think it will ever be out in viet...maybe but then the translation may crap out...
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

Racheal:Let just hope that each our us will find our own CDM in our life so that we don't end up fighting... and we can spare Lady Zhuge the headache of deciding whom she should support in case we ends up fighting for a CDM lookalike...hahaha

Lady Zhuge:I will certainly watch Justice Bao 1 and Black Hole when I have the chance. In fact, I am thinking of investing my first paycheck on a CDM's drama series vcd. But since I am only a student right now, I can only hope that my local TV channel will show more CDM's dramas and that his dramas are available for rental at the shops.

Read from your other thread that you ha

Racheal:Let just hope that each of us will find our own CDM in our life so that we don't end up fighting... and we can spare Lady Zhuge the headache of deciding whom she should support in case we end up fighting for a CDM lookalike...hahaha

Lady Zhuge:I will certainly watch Justice Bao 1 and Black Hole when I have the chance. In fact, I am thinking of investing my first paycheck on a CDM's drama series vcd. But since I am only a student right now, I can only hope that my local TV channel will show more CDM's dramas and that his dramas are available for rental at the shops.

Read from your other thread that you have watched Long March. I had borrowed Long March from my friend's father after knowing that CDM was in it but I was dissapointed after watching the first few episodes because CDM only appears for a few short scenes. The VCD does not have any subtitles and with my standards of mandarin, I can barely understood the dialogue and the plot. I have stopped watching the drama because I watched it purely for the sake of watching CDM. Just a few questions: Will he appear in more scenes later? Which part of the drama he appear the most? It is worthwhile to watch the drama if I only want to watch CDM? I am willing to watch the drama all over again if CDM appear in more scenes later. Thanks!!

Hey guys! You're both a riot.

Investing your money in a CDM series is a great idea, survivor_gal. Have you made a decision on which one to get yet? I only own one of his series, and it's an old classic called Wei Cheng (Surrounded City). I hope your local rental store will have his shows as well. Since he's very popular in mainland China, I think your chances will be good.

Yep, I've seen The Long March. I saw that series solely to watch Tang Guo Qiang, my favorite mainland actor.
    CDM does appear in more scenes later on, so do continue watching it if you want to see him. He makes a killer Jiang Jie Shi. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I've only see the series once and can't recall all the details. Both he and TGQ were nominated for best actor awards for their performances in The Long March, but TGQ edged CDM for the win.

What language do you usually watch series in?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

wow...you two actually buy vcd....^__^....I can't be bothered to spend money...i only rent them....so does that mean you two don't have rental staore...where you can rent china productions???

and yes survivor gal.....let just hope it won't happen...but you know how rare it can happen...i live all the way in australia and you guys probably live in america or somfing...so no worries.....
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

It is difficult to find dramas from China in my local rental stores. They have many Hong Kong, Korea and Japanese series but not China. I usually watch the series in Cantonese. I can understand simple mandarin. Well, Racheal, I don't buy the vcds, just planning to buy one when I have enough money...

CDM must be real good to be nominated for the best actor award for his performances in The Long March. Considering the fact that he was not the main actor and the amount of screen time he had in that drama, he must had performed to his fullest capabilities in the limited screen time. Now, that is another thing to spur me to watch The Long March again.

Can you give me a little synopsis on Wei Cheng? What role did CDM play in this drama? Thanks!!

Actually, I don't buy a lot of VCDs and hardly (if ever) rent series. I'm not aware of any rental places around where I go to school and when I'm at home, there's usually no need for me to rent. My uncle usually buys me the ones I request in China or I borrow from my parents' friends. Of course there is also Bittorrent.

Yes, CDM did an excellent job in The Long March. They did not vilify his character Jiang Jie Shi like I thought they might, perhaps because CDM played him. My mom made a comment about how much CDM looks like JJS in this series and she showed me a pic of the actual JJS and whoa, how right she is. I think the bald head did it. The actress who played JJS's wife looks alot like the real Song Mei Ling as well.
    I know how it is to watch a series you don't find too exciting just to see an actor's performance. I had the same feelings while watching The Long March. However, it was worth it in the end to catch both TGQ AND CDM in action. The two of them were never in the same scene together, but if they were, there would have been so much star presence and talent in one place that my TV screen would probably have exploded.

CDM stars as Fang Hong Jian in Wei Cheng (10 episodes).
    It's based from a classic Chinese novel in which the central theme is that people on the outside want to get in while people on the inside want to get out. Be it work or marriage, life's desires are all generally this way. The grass is always greener on the other side is another way to put it, I suppose. If I have confused you, it's because I was a bit confused myself when I first watched this series. Because of its name, I was expecting some kind of war strategy show or the like and ended up watching something completely different. CDM plays a professor looking to get married (think OUT looking to get IN), but once he finally is, it's apparent that everything is not all peachy keen (think IN, but wanting OUT).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

wow...so you guys don't rent stuff....wow....how lucky.....Me...always have to rent...i can't live one day with out watching chinese stuff...well with out my tv.....

wei cheng...sounds complicated.....is it modern or anicent.....coz just then i thought it was a modern but then thinking was it a anicent....
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

Wei Cheng is set in the 1930's, so you decide if it's "modern" or "ancient".
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally posted by Rachealyuen
    wow...so you guys don't rent stuff....wow....how lucky.....
    It is not that I don't rent VCDs, it is just unlucky that I happen to live in Malaysia where VCDs on China series are not widely available for rental. In fact, I have never come across one in the rental shops that I have been too. So, be grateful that you can easily rent VCDs on China series in where you live.

Thanks for the brief synopsis on Wei Cheng. Btw, saw in your thread on TGQ where you put a brief introduction on him at the start of the thread and I wonder whether you can do the same for CDM in this thread. Hopefully, this would help to promote CDM to new visitors to this thread who had probably seen him but did not know his name(like what I used to be). One or two photos would be nice too...What do you think??

Sure, survivor_gal. That's a good idea. I did already post quite a few pics on the first page, though, so I'll just edit in a brief profile.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

It's good that you mentioned he acted in Hero and Infernal Affairs 3 because most people would only have watched him in these two films. A nice, brief profile!!

Has anyone watched the EXTENDED VERSION of Infernal Affairs 3?
    Heard that it has more scenes of CDM in the extended version. I have watched the normal version of IA3 thrice at the cinema for the sake of watching CDM but it just contained only a few scenes of him.
    Last edited by survivor_gal; 06-30-04 at 11:56 AM.
    "It is not we who change reality, it is reality that changes us"

I haven't even watched the regular version of Infernal Affairs III, let alone the extended one. In fact, I have yet to see any of the trilogy yet.

*sigh*

I have way too much to catch up on.

Anyway, how is Chen Dao Ming in this movie? Does he play a suave and cool character?
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-02-04 at 01:03 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I guess it would be unfair for me to tell you whether Chen Daoming play a cool and suave character because as a fan of him, I would think that all his roles are cool!
    Anyway, to tell you the truth, he does play a cool and suave triad boss from Mainland China wanting to negotiate a deal with Eric Tsang's character. Dare not tell you much because it may spoil the fun when you are watching it.
    All I can say is that I think it is worth watching CDM's performances in IA3 although his role in this movie was very limited since there were so many main actors in it. He did make an impact each time he appeared. Anyway, as I have said, my comments may be biased, so watch it and judge it for yourself!
    "It is not we who change reality, it is reality that changes us"