Thread: Xi Men Chui Xue

Default Xi Men Chui Xue

I have a quick question about XMCX, hes suppose to be one of the great sword gods, yet he was not able to kill DuGu YiHe without someone draining his energy first and would be dead himself instead, while Hou TianQing is someone that matched up with Dugu Yihe. I don't understand this part.

Hou TianQing is another character who we can't accurately judge their skills, since he only shows up for awhile before he gets killed. I think the reason why Hou TianQing managed to drain half of Dugu Yihe's internal energy was because Hou had very high internal energy, but whether he can beat Dugu is another story.
    Yo momma cat

Default Re: Xi Men Chui Xue

Originally posted by zhouyu
    I have a quick question about XMCX, hes suppose to be one of the great sword gods, yet he was not able to kill DuGu YiHe without someone draining his energy first and would be dead himself instead, while Hou TianQing is someone that matched up with Dugu Yihe. I don't understand this part.
    Sai Mun Chui Sheut was an excellent swordsman, and his inner power was very formidable, but not on par with Dook Goo 1 Hok's (who was a generation or two senior to Sai Mun Chui Sheut in the martial world, after all). Sai Mun Chui Sheut would not lose to Dook Goo 1 Hok in pure swordsmanship, but when you throw in DG1H's deep inner power and other martial arts skills, he (at full strength) has the advantage over Sai Mun Chui Sheut. Fok Teen Ching's inner power level is not known (although I'm guessing it's on par with Sai Mun Chui Sheut, Luk Siu Fung, etc.), but he learned a special kind of martial art from his father that is designed to drain the opponent's inner power (probably somewhat similar to Fa Gung Dai Fat from Jin Yong's novels), and this is how he managed to sap half of Dook Goo 1 Hok's inner power before Sai Mun Chui Sheut showed up.

That's interesting. From my interpretation of that inner power contest between DGYH and Huo TianQing, HTQ knew a special martial arts style that allowed him to talk while 'summoning' his inner power. This is usually not recommended because it will require a tremendous amount of inner power to talk while exerting a high inner power level. So, HTQ tricked DGYH into talking while they were having their inner power contest causing DGYH's energy to drain considerably. I did not notice any special draining technique in HTQ's inner power.

Ximen Chuixue once fought with Dugu's student, so he thought he knew the flaws in Dugu's sword style. But in actual combat, Dugu's sword style proved to be flawless... He used to be a saber stylist, and later combined the way of the saber with Emei sword techniques. Ximen underestimated his opponent.

Huo Tianqing is not as powerful as Dugu, yet Huo's father had developed a type of internal power specifically to counter Emei's internal arts. Huo Tianqing is able to speak while competing internal power, while Dugu will suffer internal damage when doing so. Yet Dugu was too proud and got tricked by Huo in talking.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

That's what I thought also, thanks for confirming that. Was it specifically developed to counter Ermei's internal arts? It would be useful against any other martial artists, no? Or did Huo's father had some kind of thing against Dugu Yihe?

how would XMCX match up against Lu Xiao Feng, they seem pretty close.

I think XM was rather overrated in the trilogy. His reputation was higher than his actual skill, mostly because he was such a scary guy. In wugong, I think LXF is at least XM's match but no one fears LXF because he isn't a killer like XM.

I've read he improves vastly after the duel with YGC, but in the trilogy, IMO he wasn't as good as advertised.

I found Sai Mun Chui Sheut every bit as good as advertised, but the enemies that he and Luk Siu Fung faced were often even better.