View Poll Results: What if Gwok Jing attempted to block the Golden Wheel with Hong Lung 18 Palms?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gwok Jing shatters the wheel with his palm.

7 30.43%
  • Gwok Jing deflects the wheel with his palm, but the wheel does not shatter.

11 47.83%
  • The wheel cuts Gwok Jing's hand off.

5 21.74%

Thread: A specific kind of Gwok Jing vs. Golden Wheel Monk scenario

Default A specific kind of Gwok Jing vs. Golden Wheel Monk scenario

We've done a number of Gwok Jing vs. the Golden Wheel Monk (ROCH) discussions before, but this one asks us to consider a very specific set of circumstances.

Here's the set-up.

Gwok Jing and the Golden Wheel Monk face each other in an open field, one-on-one. No one else is there. The two warriors stand approximately 50 meters away from each other.

The Golden Wheel Monk hurls his Golden Wheel at Gwok Jing. Gwok Jing sees the wheel coming. He decides that he will block the wheel with Hong Lung 18 Palms rather than attempt to dodge it.

So what's the most likely outcome?

Is GJ aiming for the sharp edge of the wheel in the attempt? I never remember him having metal palms. ^^()
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    Is GJ aiming for the sharp edge of the wheel in the attempt? I never remember him having metal palms. ^^()
    He's either hoping the "palm wind" of his palms will do the job or the physical reinforcement provided by 9 Yum Jen Ging will do the trick.

If GJ aims for the sharp edge, he'll lose a hand.

But he's not that stupid and would more likely aim for the side and thus shatter the wheel.

Catching the wheel is far harder and is unlikely.

If GJ decided to attack the wheel, it wouldn't just be deflected.

There's actually a technique in the Book of Nine Yin which Yang Guo used to catch Golden Wheel Monk's flying wheel and threw it back at him. Yang Guo did not really master this technique and he used a sword instead of his bare hands.

So I don't think Guo Jing will have a problem with catching the wheel.
    對 敵 須 狠 , 斬 草 除 根 , 男 女 老 幼 , 不 留 一 人

I think that the Golden Wheels are quite special weapons, so it may not be that easy for GJ to shatter them. But I do not see the problem for GJ to deflect them either. As for catching them, I second Lav's opinion.
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

I don't think the wheels are made from any unique materials right?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I don't think the wheels are made from any unique materials right?
    They were all made of alloy, and the alloy of each wheel featured one of the following five metallic elements:

1. Gold
    2. Silver
    3. Bronze
    4. Iron
    5. Lead

Why would he made one from gold? It breaks easily.

Why would he made one from gold? It breaks easily.
    That's why all the wheels are made from alloys. None of them could be made from those elements in pure form.

Just thought it's a bit flashy for a serious weapon.

If I remember correctly, and I am to lazy to go look it up.

when HYS used his divine flicking finger on the golden wheels, it only made a dent in the wheel. And the divine flicking finger is (about) equal to the sad palm. HYS also said the only the HL18Z is a match in raw power to the sad palm. For this instance, I guess the wheel won't break.

but HYS is about over 80, his power is already deteroriating along time ago. GJ at the time is only 50, should be much stronger in power then HYS and in his prime. And HYS haven't fought with GJ since the end of LOCH, and is only guessing his power. So the possibility to break the golden wheel with the HL18Z is a maybe.

He was just using a pebble to shoot from more than a hundred steps away, it's not shabby. He wasn't flicking his finger close up[.

I forgot about the distance, thanks
    that kind of made more sense now that HYS only made a dent, while Yang Guo used the Gentlemen Sword and managed to made a hole in the wheel.

I think bare hands against a sharp metal edge won't work in the JY world unless the bare handed guy had 50 times more inner energy (like Xu Zhu vs Zuo BuFan). If JMZ could hurt super-energizer man Xu Zhu with a dagger, GJ should not be able to take GWM's wheel edge head on.

If he palm blasted at range, he should be able to deflect them if he aims at an angle (50 metres should give him plenty time to aim) but a head on 180 degree angle would be a bad idea.

Guo Jing's HL18Z can turn from hard to soft and back to hard. So, I'm sure he can deflects the wheel.

Originally posted by Arching_Hero
    Guo Jing's HL18Z can turn from hard to soft and back to hard. So, I'm sure he can deflects the wheel.
    Oh I think he can deflect the wheel. He just can't meet it head on.
    e.g. He can slap the wheel at an angle to deflect it off course but not slam it head on with a palm to smash it.

i agree with cc, i dont think its possible for GJ to hit the golden wheel smack on ans break it, i think you need "very" high internal energy to do so....and sweeper monk comes in mind when thinking about it
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Yeah, especially when GLFW has such high internal energy and strength, he throws pretty hard.