Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dung Fong Bat bai in XAJH, what level is he at?

Default Dung Fong Bat bai in XAJH, what level is he at?

DFBB is without doubt the strongest person from the novel XAJH, but what level is he exactly at?

Is he at a "greats" level or even higher?
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

i highly doubt he's at the level of the greats. he might be as strong as the more powerful ming sect fighters excluding wuji.

Laviathan thinks he's at the same level as Xiao Long Nu.
    Yo momma cat

I also doubt that he's at the level of the Greats also. But I do rate him higher than just the fighters of Ming Sect.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Question

We know LHC + RWX + RYY + XBD could not beat DFBB in their figth and had to resort to using DFBB's lover Yang to distract him.
    We also know that LHC use DG9J. By account of FQY's remarks, it was said that LHC had good grasp on the art.
    Although there is no detail story of DG9B's life, by his short & incomplete autobiography we are informed that at least within the later part of his life his swordmanship is unbeatable. Since he lived in between the time of TLBB and LOCH, he should be really good to be unbeatable.
    Even though LHC may not have perfected his understanding of DG9J, with the help of 3 first class fighter of that era, LHC still could not beat him.

... and he is not at the level of the Greats?
    Leveling him with Xiao LongNu is more correct, I think, because XLN, IMO, can be considered almost as good as the Greats, if not the same.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

Originally posted by minutemanwayne
    Laviathan thinks he's at the same level as Xiao Long Nu.
    lol
    man that is weak

I have been trying to rank the people in SOD and don't kow where to put them yet

In one scene in ROCH95, XLN managed to fight of Golden Wheel Monk by herself after she learn the left - right technique. So, I don't think she's weak.

Originally posted by kidd
    In one scene in ROCH95, XLN managed to fight of Golden Wheel Monk by herself after she learn the left - right technique. So, I don't think she's weak.
    That fight was short, and the Golden Wheel Monk was caught off-guard (he didn't expect Little Dragon Girl to be able to use the Double Sword Technique without Yeung Gor). If the fight had gone on longer, the Golden Wheel Monk's superior inner power and strength would have overwhelmed Little Dragon Girl.

based on technique alone i don't think DFBB could beat LHC. it was just the fact that he was to damn fast.

Originally posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    based on technique alone i don't think DFBB could beat LHC. it was just the fact that he was to damn fast.
    that wasn't appropriate excuse, DFBB without his speed, just like Li Xun Huan without his Dagger, or Guo Jing without XL18Z and 9 Yin Jen Jing.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

where would LHC, RWX and FJ(the shaolin guy) be placed in the LOCH/ROCH era?

I mean, LHC and RWX together with the not too shabby RYY and XWT couldn't beat DFBB - how would LHC and RWX fare if the 2 of them came up against a Great?
    Last edited by Charlieboy; 01-08-04 at 02:47 AM.

Originally posted by DuGu Qiu Bai
    Based on technique alone I don't think Xu Zhu and the Sweeper Monk could beat LHC, but they were just so damn strong... Sorry, couldn't help the bit of sarcasm. But it seems like such a pointless thing to say when determining ranking because the speed is part of DFBB. Compared to other forums, this one seems to have a lot of DFBB doubters.

If you guys try to equate DFBB with XLN, I doubt that it should be correct or not. XLN, after learning left-right technique, she is very good, at least can be on par with HR. Then, after she jumped down from the mountain, she went into the ice-cave. The ice-cave was similar to the bed in the ancient tomb so she had a chance to cure herself and I supposed that by living in the cave, her inner-power was also strengthened. After that, she had a chance to drink the honey. Both the honey and the cave are excellent for her inner power. She has been living in such a circumstance for 16 years. She also managed to creat her own sword technique, which although later on could not beat the Golden Wheel Monk, it should still be classified as an excellent technique. Thus, XLN in the end can be comparable with the greats.
    The fighting between DFBB and LHC, RWX, RYY and XBD cannot be considered as a big fight. LHC was not fully conceived his DG9J and his inner power was also not that good. His sword technique was good but his inner-power was just the level of Hua San's disciples and not more than that. RWX, no doubt he was great, however, he was kept under the world for quite a long time and I suspected that he had no time to practice his kongfu. His technique might be declined a bit although his inner-power might be strengthened. RYY was not really a great fighter. Indeed, in SOD, we did not really see her big fighting screen. XBD was also not a great fight. He, of course, cannot be compared with Shaolin's Monk and Wu Dang's leader. At least, he is only on the level of the five leaders. In consequent, I considered that DFBB did not face with the real fighters except RWX.

Originally posted by Thai guy
    The ice-cave was similar to the bed in the ancient tomb so she had a chance to cure herself and I supposed that by living in the cave, her inner-power was also strengthened. After that, she had a chance to drink the honey. Both the honey and the cave are excellent for her inner power. She has been living in such a circumstance for 16 years. She also managed to creat her own sword technique
    I'm going to have to set up the Anti-Little Dragon Girl Disinformation Society.

The ROCH novel said that during her sixteen years at the bottom of Passionless Valley, Little Dragon Girl neglected her martial arts completely, therefore she experienced no improvement in her fighting skills.

Moreover, she never invented an entirely new sword technique. I suppose we could say that she was the first person who could singlehandedly perform the Double Sword Technique (which had previously required two partners, one versed in Cheun Jen Sect Sword Technique and the other in Ancient Tomb Sect Sword Technique), but this is not technically inventing an entire new technique.
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 01-08-04 at 05:03 AM.

Talking

Oh, really? My information is based on ROCH 84.

Where did you get your information about XAJH, thaiguy? From another adaptation?

LHC performed better against DFBB than RWX himself; amongst other things, you said his internal energy was just average, which is patently false; he learned RWX's XXDF, which improved his internal energy enormously. At this point in time, these two could easily be said to be the 2nd and 3rd best fighters in the martial arts world, with the POSSIBLE exception of Fang Zhen.

It might be interesting to note that Laviathan used the example of SPT defeating both the Lords of Xiake Island, who were the next two best in the world, as an example of why he thinks SPT is very strong, and yet that argument doesn't seem to apply for DFBB.

And please, no one mention the 'flaws' that LHC could see in DFBB's moves. We've debated that to death. A flaw is not a flaw if you can't capitalize on it, etc etc...

I've always viewed DFBB as quite a strong fighter. Certainly better than XLN.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Originally posted by TigerWong
    Compared to other forums, this one seems to have a lot of DFBB doubters.
    Hey not me! I rank DFBB at least as high as a LOCH Great.

ok, back to the topic....we are talkin about DFBB , "not" his technique or inner strength, he managed to lead the 3 on1 fight involving LHC, RWH, and LHCs sworn bother until the fight got disrupted vy RYY. So why do you lot think that he cant match a great..

ok, back to the topic....we are talkin about DFBB , "not" his technique or inner strength, he managed to be in the lead in the 3 on1 fight involving LHC, RWH, and LHCs sworn bother until the fight got disrupted by RYY. So why do you lot think that he cant match a great..