Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Zhang Ting

Any new news? Will she be filming anything in 2009? I miss her so much. I've already watched all the "latest" shows like Fairy of the Chalice, Hua Gu Zi, and Teacher Was Wrong. And now downloading Absolute Plan to watch for the summer as well as rewatching SDEP. I sure hope she'll film a new series. I haven't heard anything for a while.

I also found the one series she was in with Adam Cheng so I'll probably watch that while waiting for news but does anyone know where I can find some of her other old series? Like Goddess of Mercy or ones that were filmed around the time of Love of Generations (生生世世)? With English subtitles or Viet dubbed would be nice.

I miss Zhang Ting!! =(

Sorry for double posting.

Very nice pics.

I only recently realised the female lead in Tian Lun Jie story arc of Justice Bao was Zhang Ting. I remember I was particulary impressed, even enchanted, by her acting...it did help that I found her character's predicament very intriguing. Living in the house of your family's murderer shortly after the event takes place, then falling love with said murderer's son is at the same time cliche tragic and warped enough to really attract my attention. Have been recently re-watching the whole arc on baidu.com .

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=332114704

ZT really has the graces of a period maiden.

I actually like ZT in more serious, thought provoking roles. I'm surprised when I found out she was known for comedy and had the title 'Female Chou Xing Ci'. I've had a brief look/sample of some of her comedic roles, and I must say, they don't work for me (I'm more of a sarcastic, witty, Frasier-like comedy fan). Not that ZT isn't good at her comedy...just that there is very few slap stick comedic performances that I don't get sick of within a couple of minutes of the show.

Even though ZT started acting when she was 17yo (or thereabouts), she's been amazingly prolific. Baidu.com's profile of her lists an impressive number of films.

In Taiwan, she rose to fame filming Hua Xilie's works (modern dramas). Of the trailers/OPs/EDs I've seen, they seem pretty serious to me...wish I could watch them, though they are hard to find as they are pretty old.

Is it me, or do I get the impression that many of her films don't usually give her terribly good endings (at least not ending up with anyone), or that she always seems to have to share her love interest with another woman? Is there possibly any film that she actually has one relationship where it only involves her and the signficant other? Alas...the media's obssession with love triangles, quadangles, etc.

[COLOR=#0000cc][/COLOR]

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.gtimg.com/ent/pics/18965/18965836.jpg')

I didn't even realized she got married, much less gave birth to a girl in December!

http://ent.people.com.cn/GB/1082/10599869.html

Almost twice my age but she wow wow still looking reallllly fine to me.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by j2j2j2 View Post
    I didn't even realized she got married, much less gave birth to a girl in December!

http://ent.people.com.cn/GB/1082/10599869.html
    Thanks so much for the news link. I thought that she broke up with Lin Shui Yang?? I am glad that they got married and now have a daughter. CONGRATS to her and I am glad that she shared the news with everyone instead of hiding it.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by milKBoi View Post
    Almost twice my age but she wow wow still looking reallllly fine to me.
    Yeah..... u're right.
    For her only, i can say that she really look young... Just couldn't help myself when i saw her smile.....
    in Love With :
    Ady An, Han Xue, Li Bing Bing, Zhang Ting, Yang Mi
    Currently Watching "Chinese Paladin 3"

Smile Welcome to new member

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    Is it me, or do I get the impression that many of her films don't usually give her terribly good endings (at least not ending up with anyone), or that she always seems to have to share her love interest with another woman? Is there possibly any film that she actually has one relationship where it only involves her and the signficant other? Alas...the media's obssession with love triangles, quadangles, etc.

[COLOR=#0000cc][/COLOR]
    One series I could easily recall is Stealing Dragon, Exchanging Phoenix, aka Swap the Princess aka The Switch which she acted alongside Vincent Jiao. That one is also a comedic role, so you might not enjoy it as much. I really love her as Qian Qian in there. She and Vincent just makes people laugh.

I think in Happy Flying Dragon, she also got the guy right? But I can't remember whether she has to share with anyone too. I also vaguely remember she ended with her love in Hua Gu Zi, while Shen Xiaohai's Tao Zui died for her.

I look forward to her latest role as Wu Zetian. Quite a challenging role for her. I thought she was miscast at first, but if her acting chops are there, she'd be great in the role, or at least better than Alyssa'a Chia version of Empress Wu which I found too soft. Liu Xiaoqing is by far the best Wu Zetian for me.

Welcome To Zhangting's Fan Website: http://tingxinju.5d6d.com/bbs.php
    Zhang Ting's Chinese forum:http://www.tingfans.cn/