Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Ting

Hey Lovely Maiden. Who is Smirfy?
    So I finished watching Stealing Dragon Exchanging Phoenix. Why did poor Brother Long have to die? He was my favorite character!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.asianmei.com/taiwan/ting6.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.asianmei.com/taiwan/ting2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.asianmei.com/taiwan/ting4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.asianmei.com/taiwan/ting8.jpg')

Smile ZangTing in The Switch

hi, i am new to this thread and i just saw the switch and i loved it. zang ting and vincent jiao were wonderful together. this is my first foreign english-subtytled film and i am hooked. have they made any other films together if not they should because they sizzle as a couple. what did you think of the switch 2 i thought it was awful without vincent and it had no english subtytles and it was really hard to follow. what happened to qian qians mother ?(the empress)

I found the Switch 2 the other day but decided not to watch it. It's just not the same anymore without Brother Long.

Thumbs up Zhang Ting

Hi Dragongirl,

I confused you with another. So, you have finished SDEP1 then? It was a good film don't you think? I know how you feel about Brother Long. I don't know why they have to make him die in the end. It was unnecessary! The ending, I thought was rather abrupt as they wasted some time showing other scenes which was totally unnecessary. I don't know who wrote the scripts, but they should make the ending a little bit more meaningful.

Which part do you like best? Mine was when Qian Qian got stuck on the tree trying to recuperate the ball, fall off the tree (when she saw the snake) and was rescued by the emperror and they kissed the way down. I thought that was really funny. The other part I liked best was went Qian Qian pretended to be pregnant to help the emperor! I laughed so hard! They do make a wonderful couple as they are both so funny. I hope to see them as couple again.

The second part of SDEP2 is also interesting and are funny too but without Vincent as the emperor, it was a little different. The beginning was a little slow and after, it picked up and became more interesting!

Thumbs up Reply to Lotus Blossom

Hi Lotus Blossom,

Qian Qian's real mother (the empress) made very little appearance in the part 2 of SDEP. She only appeared in the first few episodes which was a real pity as I would have love to see their relationship develop. You are right, the second part without Vincent Jiao was not the same. The do light up the whole series as I have seen them both and they are both (Zhang Ting & Vincent Jiao of course) very talented, funny and brilliant actor & actress. It is the best series I have seen in a very long time as I am a great fan of ancient costume, comedy film such as this.

I don't know of any other film they starred in together. More's a pity. I think the producers should do something quick. Zhang Ting is the best. She can cry so convincingly too. Abd its real tears not eye drops! Her role as a spunky devil-may-care attitude was very well acted. I have seen watched other films of hers and I find her equally entertaining. She is just so beautiful!

Glad to find another fan of Zhang Ting. Lets all keep this thread going shall we?

Talking Zhang Ting - any new films

To all ZHANG TING's greatest fans out there,

Does anyone know if ZHANG TING made any new films lately? If you do, please let on........

Wink hooked on the switch

hi lovely maiden ,my favorite part of the switch1 was when qian qian met zhu shou incognito as long what a way to begin a relationship lol. of course the next time they met she ripped the towel of him what a hoot. actually i just loved the whole thing. zang ting just tickled me. i just love her dimples and she was so full of mischief. i loved how zhu shou protected her virtue in the brothel how chivalrous. im completely off of american tv .ugh i have not seen a pure romantic movie or film in a long time this is such a breath of fresh. vincent jiao is now my favorite actor and i just have to find all his films as well as zang tings. i hope they act together again. tell me .about some of the other movies zang ting acted in . thanks for the info .

She's kinda like Carman Lee to me, looks pretty in modern clothes, but looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL in ancient wear.

Any more pics of here?

The part I loved best was when she pretended to be pregnant!! I keep watching that one over and over and over.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/AnalyticChick/Hua%20Gu%20Zhi/HGZ861.jpg')
    Found this in a thread in here. I really wanna see this series next!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://longphung.tripod.com/steal4.jpg')
    for more info about Stealing Dragon Exchanging Phoenix you can go to http://longphung.tripod.com/.
    Last edited by dragongirl; 04-17-07 at 04:53 PM.

Talking Favourite scenes in SDEP1

Another favourite scene of mine in this series was when Qian Qian thought that Zhu Shou was a eunuch! That was a hoot. He saved her a few times too which I thought was really romantic. Also when Baguan tries to convince the emperor that he should choose Cai Qing as she is not only beautiful, well brought up and has good swordsmanship but the emperor says that he likes Qian Qian better as she is a natural.....The look on Baguan's face was hilarious

On the other hand, I just find Lin Jia Rong (the fake princess) and her mother detestable.

I have since, watched quite a few films starring Zhang Ting such as Fire General (where she played the role of Yang Pei Feng the maid to the famous Yang's warriors); Fairy of the Chalice; Treasure Basin; The Famous Song Lian Seng; The Perfect Banquet a.k.a Man Han Quan Shi; and of course SDEP2 a.k.a Huang Hou Qin Gong.

I have also watched Vincent Jiao and his acting is really good but I think he is much better in ancient costume films and comedy such as SDEP. Some of his series I heard are quite boring (due to the scripts no doubt). But nevertheless, as an actor, I do like him.

Thumbs up Other films starring ZHANG TING

Hi Lotus Blossom,

You are hooked huh? I have watched SDEP1, 3 times now and there are scenes I watched over and over again. Some parts I skipped especially those with Mrs Lin (Zhu Sou's real mother).

I believe that she starred in quite a few films and these are those I know of :

Cooking Master (The Perfect Banquet)
    Song Lian Seng Zuo Tang
    Ye Guang Sen Pei a.k.a Fairy of the Chalice
    Flower Girl (Flower Sipirt) a.k.a Hua Gu Zi
    Happy Flying Dragon
    Legend of Treasure Basin
    Fire General (Huo Shuoai)
    The Blind Detective
    Absolute Plan - Modern series
    Great Adventurers - Modern series

For more details go to sensasian.com here :
    http://sensasian.com/view/search.pl/...ting&s=10&f=20

I have heard that Great Adventurers was not great as she hardly features and that the ending was not that great.

I know that she starred in other films (modern ones) but I don't know the titles and don't know where I can get hold of them as I can't find more on sensasian.com nor on yesasia.com

Pity as I do like ZHANG TING a lot. I think she is a real pro in acting.

Talking Told you I hooked

Hi lovely maiden ,

Thank you so much for the movie sight . There is nothing available here in America to purchase these series with english subs at least none that I am aware of. I hope to find the films that you showed me. I really appreciate your giving the tytles in english because I don't speak any foreign language. I am so glad that The Switch 1 comes with english subs although I would've watched it w/o them. I have watched this series over 20 times in the past 3 months. I was not interested in anything oriental until my 14 year old daughter was watching it on you-tube one night. She asked me to watch it with her and I was hooked on it. I have been going thru alot of late my mother had been terminally ill with cancer of the bone marrow and I took care of her daily while my dad worked .I traveled about 40 miles a day and by the time I got home I was drained. Ths little series literally saved my life because I could escape the pain I was in while watching it. My husband bought me lap top computer for valentines day and downloaded the switch for me on my computer. I agree with you that we need to keep this sight alive . Damsel where are you? O by the way I love to write and I have been writing my own sequel to the Switch . I shared it with my oldest daughter and a few friends and they loved it and want me to write more. told you I am hooked.

Have you seen Love Through Different Times?

Thumbs up Love through different times

Hi Dragongril,

I haven't watched it yet. Is it any good? Tell me a little about the storyline. Nowadays I buy films after reading and re-reading reviews and a lot based on recommendation. This is to avoid spending my money unnecessarily. So far, I like all the films with her in. I do hope she will make more films soon. Especially ancient costumes ones as she does look good in those.

If you wanna watch it, most of the eps are on youtube. There aren't english subs so I can't watch it but most of the comments were positive. It's about her traveling back in time I think so the series should have a touch of modernization to it....hm...sounds kinda like a really corny Dicky Cheung series. I'll watch it when i find subs.

Thumbs up Love through different times a.k.a In the Space of Love

I have finished watching LOVE THROUGH DIFFERENT TIMES and this is a MUST WATCH film. Actually it is so good that I am currently re-watching some scenes.

The opening theme song is very nice too. Her partnership with the guy who played the Prince was perfect. I think his name is Gu Zheng. They starred together in Man Han Quan Xi a.k.a The Perfect Banquet a.k.a The Cooking Master. Her role is so funny. So full of life, so full of ideas and has a big heart that you can't resist her charm. It reminded me of SDEP.

ZHANG TING is the best HIP HIP HOORAY! My rating on this film : 10/10
    The other cast members are good too.

Is that the one where she is a thief who steals the jade pillow and ends up in Zhu Yuanzhang's ming dynasty?

If it is yeah that was an excellent drama series

Thumbs up Love through different times a.k.a Through the Space of Love

Hi The Khan,

Yep, that's the one. I thought it was really hilarious. I was hesitating at first but now that I have watched it, I must say that it was a really good film. The actresses are all very beautiful and the main leads are good looking too.

Like I said, I highly recommend this to everyone and especially to ZHANG TING's fans.

Lol! Welcome back Lovely Maiden!
    I figured that you were watching Love from Different Times when I hadn't seen you for a couple of days! If you ever find that series out in english subs, tell me cause I really want to see it.

Thumbs up

Hi Dragongirl,

Thanks I was actually quite busy these days at work and at home but took some time watching the film as well. I promise I will let you know if I ever see the subs in English. I was so addicted that I couldn't stop watching until the end. (Sniff Sniff). The Prince was sooooooooooooo cute and adorable. ZT was superb the whole film. Not a moment of boredom. I am so glad to have watched it. Thanks for recommending......

What film are you watching currently?