Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Prince of Han Dynasty 《大汉天子》

Banned

Who does Huang Xiao Ming love in part 1? Was it the Maid that he will marry later into the series? Eventually he will get over Allysa right?
    BTW, I been watching like 5 tapes and oh my god!!!! There are like 3 min scence time of Chen Tao Ming and Allysa, I love their relationship, can someone tell me when are they going to appear more often?

I love HXM with the maid chacacter too...but I don't know if she is his final true love...am curious too.

Banned

Hey, someone help!!!
    Is the king gonna marry Wei SiFu at the end? Does he loves her at the end? Is she gonna die?
    Give me some summary of the ending of Part 1.
    Is that sister of Huang Xiao Ming gonna die too? Why?

Yes the king will marry Wei Zifu. At first, he was supposed to marry Nian Nu-jiao but she ran away at the last second but all the guests from across the country were already there.. so they decided to just replace Wei Zifu as the bride without the king knowing... and then the king finds out afterwards. Obviously he was outraged but after talking to Wei Zifu, he admits her as the new Queen. IMO, I think the king did really love Wei Zifu in the end.

No, Wei Zifu does not die in this series and yes, Princess Ping Yang (Huang Xiao Ming's sister) does die.

Yeah, the princess seemed so dense and very naive. Her bulgy eyes kind of bothered me. However, it was nice of her to let Li Ling go back to Qiu Chan, though. I really want to see DHTZ II to see how/why Li Ling went back to the Xiong Nu and married their princess when at the end of part I, he just reunited with Qiu Chan.
    <--- Having the same feelings having just finished the series.

I dunno if i wanna watch Part II now. I knew that historically Li Ling surrenders to the Xiongnu so that scene where he is ambushed by them was kinda tense. I was thinking "just kill him" or "kill yourself" and you're still a hero as i didn't want him to become a traitor to his country and also leave behind his girl. I breathed a sigh of relief for him when i saw him reunited with Qiu Chan at the end.

Liu Ling and General Lui (the brute under the thumb). Felt sorry for that general, he was kinda nice too but met an unfortunate end due to his love for her.

And Guo She Yun (the ennuch) & his mother.... Frigging emperor only remembers them after they are dead. He's fast in killing them and then come his tears. _

KILL ZHANG TANG!!! His end was too good. I knew he was bad from the start!!

No wonder Dong Fang Shuo is in a hurry to leave though, Liu Che gets a bit trigger happy at the end coupled with the other casualties at the end.

What was up with Alyssa Chia leaving Dong Fang anyway? She spends the whole series trying to get him and then suddenly decides his *** belongs to the world.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

hummm...what's tape in viet, Liu Che became a king... thanks
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

the second one is good... but it's very different. I saw the second first... so i'll probably have different opinions than you guys.

In that one, Qiu Chan has a different actress (don't remember name) She's very different to the first Qiu Chan, being more serious and clever. I like her better but some of you might not be used to her.

Anyway... in that one, Qiu Chan ends up with Huo Qu Bing... but then he dies in a battle. Poor Qiu Chan... her life honestly sucks.

Yeah... I don't get Alyssa's ending. Doesn't make sense.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Banned

Was Wei Zhi Fu a real history figure? Is she really a maid before she marry the King>?

And wei Zhi Fu coomitted sucided after the crown prince die? who is that? Huang xiao ming or her son>
    Last edited by Question; 10-17-04 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    Was Wei Zhi Fu a real history figure? Is she really a maid before she marry the King>?

And wei Zhi Fu coomitted sucided after the crown prince die? who is that? Huang xiao ming or her son>
    Yes, Wei Zifu was a real historical figure and yes, she was of humble beginnings.

She committed suicide after the crown prince (her son, not Huang Xiao Ming) was killed, but that happened much later than this series covers.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Banned

Did Huang Xiao Ming just die of old age?
    Wei Zhi Fu have such a nice personality? Was in history she nice like that too? Amaizng

yes, HXM character died at old age!

In history, Wei Zei Fu personality is not bad, but sometime she was jealous, and she used somes bad scheme for protect her son and also her family power...

Banned

So after Huang Xiao Ming die, she still alive with her son right? But after her son die in battle, she commit suicide?

No, due to some circumstances or court intrigues her son (cronw prince) was forced to revolt against his father Han Wu Di (Liu Che) and died because of it. We ZiFu committed suicided after that. <---- all these are history, not in the series.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Can someone please spoil me on Alyssa's character? What's her role in there? What does she do? And is she scattered through out the series? Because I heard that she's only in like the first 10 episodes.

Liu Che is in love with Alyssa's character. She is the last of her clan. The rest of her family were killed due to corrupt officials. She works in a brothel in an attempt to gain access to the son of the official that caused the death of her family.

She does not love the prince / king. Instead she loves the oracle whom the prince ends up hating for most of the series as he thinks the oracle is helping the Empress oppress him. Alyssa is thus caught in the middle sometimes.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

By the way, did you guys ever hear about what happened to Liu Fu Ling's birth mother? Apparently, Liu Che went paranoid that she would use her emperor son to control the government, and forced her to commit suicide before him. So the kid became emperor but lost his mother at a young age. I'm serious, Li Che seriously has problems when he gets older.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    She does not love the prince / king. Instead she loves the oracle whom the prince ends up hating for most of the series as he thinks the oracle is helping the Empress oppress him. Alyssa is thus caught in the middle sometimes.
    Oke, I have a question...you say that the prince hated the oracle because he thinks the oracle is helping the Empress oppress him, but I don't understand that why the prince let they go at the end...??? why he don't kill the oracle...because if the king hates someone, he will kill that one...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trieuminh
    Oke, I have a question...you say that the prince hated the oracle because he thinks the oracle is helping the Empress oppress him, but I don't understand that why the prince let they go at the end...??? why he don't kill the oracle...because if the king hates someone, he will kill that one...thanks
    Becaues he finally found out that the oracle (Dong Fang Shuo) was helping him against the Empress Dowager all along, and that he had misunderstood him. at first, Liu Che was angry that he ran off with his fiancee, Allysa (who promised to marry him to get the oracle to take some action about their relationship), but with Wei Zi Fu's persuasion and the fact that the country needed the oracle later on, he forgave them both.

He wanted to kill/harm teh orcale many times before, but he mever got the chnace becuaes he was too smart and was always near the Empress Dowager and protected since she wouldn't let anyone to see him without her permission.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Thanks...but I have a other question...

Did oracle help him talk the power from his grandmon ? and how about Liu Che grandmom at the end part 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Meh
    Actually, I believe Liu Che's the first emperor to create the whole title thing. His title was Han4 Wu3 Di4, or Han's "Wu" Emperor. He was known for taking away lands from the nobles(outlined by DongFang Shuo near the end of the first series). Hence fully concentrating the power in hands of the emperor
    Actually, Han Wu Di wasn't the first emperor to creat the emperor tittles. The emperor tittles was a tradition long before that. Before Song Dynasty, emperor's tittles were usually created based on the achievements or failures of the emperor that just passed away during a conference held by the high officials right after he died. The future emperor could not interfere. That's why early in the Chinese history, there were bad tittles for the emperors who failed their kingdom. With emperors that had no contribution, they will have neutral tittles. So Wu Di's tittle was created based on his achievements. Thoughout his ruling years, he had defeated Xiong Nu, conquered Western countries, Korea, and Northern Vietnam (my country). Expanded his empire to a very large empire. That's why after his death, he was given the word "Wu" in his tittle. And the tittle usually only consist of two characters. There were also tittles that consist of three to six characters, but that was rather few for it's kind of inconvenient. But since the Song Dynasty, that tradition eventually started to die down. They even try to put as many fancy, lucky, well meaning as possible to the tittle. So doesn't matter whether the emperor was good or bad, he would always have good tittles. For example: Song Gao Zong was a coward who killed Yue Fei got a very lengthy great tittle. Sorry, I can't remember what it was.

Ok back to Wu Di's creation. What he created was the "Year Tittle - Nian Hao". During his reigning years, he had a total of 11 of them. He created them in order to make it easier for people to refer to the years of the emperor. You know, people back then were forbidden to mention the name of the emperor. They always only able to refer to their emperor as "Dang Jin Huang Shang - Present Emperor" so it can be confusing sometimes. When they refer to certain events taken place during a certain year, they would have to say something like "During present emperor's fifth year (for example), this and that happened". But eversince Wu Di's creation of Nian Hao, people can refer to their emperor by saying for example "Yuan Shou first year, Yuan Shou third year, Tai He second year, etc". The Nian Hao always consist of two characters, and the emperors can change their Nian Hao when ever they see fit. Normally took place when there were something happened that the emperor think it's worth remembering. For example, when the emperor make sacrifice to the Heaven or Earth, he might change his Nian Hao to mark the event and that year will become that particular Nian Hao's first year. Of all the emperors, Wu Zhe Tian was the one with the most "Nian Hao", 23 of them eventhough her reigning years was pretty short. When we talk about Qing emperors, we usually mentioned Kang Xi, Yong Zheng, Qian Long, etc. Those are their "Nian Hao", not their tittle.

Normally, an emperor's tittle that was to be write on the tablet on the ancestor's shrine will include both his temple tittle and his given tittle. All the emperors who found a Dynasty would be tittle as "Tai Zu". Example: Han Tai Zu, Tang Tai Zu, Song Tai Zu, Ming Tai Zu, Qing Tai Zu, etc. The second emperor will be called "Tai Zong". For example: Li Shi Min was "Tang Tai Zong" for he was the second emperor of Tang. So Han Wu Di's full tittle will be like this: Han Shi Zong Xiao Wu Huang Di. "Han" is the dynasty as you already know, "Shi Zong" was his rank in the royal linage, "Xiao" means "Filial" because Han Dynasty promote filiality therefore all 24 emperors of Han Dynasty have the character "Xiao" stand above their given tittle, "Wu" means "Martial" was based on his achievements/contributions.

So the serial was wrong when they said that he called himself "Wu Di". He was not allowed to do that. Throughout China history, there was only one emperor gave himself a tittle. That was Qin Shi Huang. He called himself "Shi Huang Di". That was the only exception.

Dong Fang Suo didn't create "Tui En Ling", actually it was created by Zhu Fu Yan (the character Wang Gang played in the second part). Tui En Ling was Zhu Fu Yan's advice to Wu Di. Dong Fang Suo wasn't really involve much with court affairs. His rank was pretty low eventhough he was a well educated one. He was just someone Wu Di enjoyed talking to. When he first came to Chang An, he sent the emperor 3000 rolls of bamboo. Wu Di had to spent two months reading them. He really enjoyed them. Every time he left off, he would mark it down so he can continue later. After that, he usually summon him and because Dong Fang Suo had a great sense of humor and widely educated that the emperor enjoyed talking to him. But those were just mere chatting. Doesn't really involve any advice or anything. Dong Fang Suo said that other scholars usually chose to hide in the remote mountains to protect themself. But not him , he said that it's best to hide right in the court.

Perhaps copyright problems? Because the names in the first series are the ones in history, so there's no reason for the changes.
    The names were changed because of Mainland audiences's objection about the way the characters' were portrayed. True history wasn't like the way the portraited in the series. So Zhang Tang, Kwan Fu, Guo She Ren (She Ren wasn't suppose to be a person's name, but a rank), Li Ling, Dong Fang Suo weren't like that at all in the history.

Regards,
    Chau Le.
    Last edited by chaule; 11-25-04 at 03:58 AM.