Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Feng Qingyang vs DFBB

Default Feng Qingyang vs DFBB

I'm not familiar with this series (no comics) all i know is from thsoe adaptions and they skip so much so can any one tell me if Feng Qingyang had ever fought DFBB? from another thread every 1 talking about how strong DFBB is but from what i remeber FQY i didnt seem so shabby himself although i doubt he's the same level of the greats. Can sum 1 help me out?

They never fought each other

FQY was a generation before DFBB came to power. At that time, rumors had it that the only person who RWX feared (to a limited extent) was FQY, which makes him a pretty good fighter. But, he retreated to the mountains, swearing never to lift up a sword again, making me personally feel that his martial arts, even if they did not decay, did not grow to any significant extent. He's probably slightly better than RWX, but that's not nearly enough for him to beat DFBB, who's (in my estimation) two levels above RWX.

DFBB might be defeated without needing any distractions if FQY helped RWX, LWC, and that other guy to fight DFBB together.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

If FQY truly mastered the DG9J he would beat DFBB.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

DG9J doesn't promise anything though. It depends on you abilty to find weaknesses, speed, internal energy, etc.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    DG9J doesn't promise anything though. It depends on you abilty to find weaknesses, speed, internal energy, etc.
    We know he is definitely far better than Linghu Chong. I think his speed, internal energy, ability to find weakness is far better than LHC's.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

We never really know how FCY's internal energy will fair against LWC at the end of SOD right?

i think the LHC at the end of SOD could beat DFBB. because if i'm correct, he did learn soem Yi Jin Jing.

HIs YYJ does does not seem to be the same one in DGSD, which helped you way much. Even the abbot learned it. You no longer need to have specially quality to do so, and it's effect is way less effective.

i think the LHC at the end of SOD could beat DFBB. because if i'm correct, he did learn soem Yi Jin Jing.
    You know, Abbot Fangzheng is a very good fighter having learned YJJ. He is around the same level as RWX, who is, of course, nothing compared to DFBB. Learning YJJ at that time probably won't boost anyone's ability by much. Otherwise, Fangzheng would have kicked everyone's arse.

I still don't see how DFBB can be much better than FQY.

FQY :

- He knows the full set of DG9J
    - He was said to be one of the best
    - He is two generation older than LHC
    - DG9J main critical point is to explore the flaw, and exploit it, therefore most of the time it depends on speed. Because to be able to defeat the opponent's move, you have to utilize your speed to break (or outpace) your opponent's move.
    - DG9J is said to be the undefeatable, and therefore at the end of the day, when someone truly master it, he should be able to exploit his opponents' moves and move faster than his opponents.

DFBB:
    - All he knows is just the Sunflower manual, how great can this be compared to the Super-famous DG9J ?
    - If DFBB is that fast, than DG9J should be a lot faster, and considering how old FQY is, he should be the true master of DG9J
    - If LHC can master it in a matter of days, and in several months (years) become the second best fighter in XAJH, than imagine FQY with all those years of practice, understanding and cultivation.

At the end of the day, I just don't see how DFBB can be better than FQY. FQY is more like the myth, legend status of XAJH, just like ZSF in HSDS. They both never fought great opponents, but yet everyone knows them as the ultimate fighter of that era. If all these theory and myth about DG9J is true, than FQY should be the number 1 fighter in XAJH (using speculation).

Originally posted by Temujin

- DG9J is said to be the undefeatable, and therefore at the end of the day, when someone truly master it, he should be able to exploit his opponents' moves and move faster than his opponents.

DFBB:
    - All he knows is just the Sunflower manual, how great can this be compared to the Super-famous DG9J ?
    - If DFBB is that fast, than DG9J should be a lot faster, and considering how old FQY is, he should be the true master of DG9J
    - If LHC can master it in a matter of days, and in several months (years) become the second best fighter in XAJH, than imagine FQY with all those years of practice, understanding and cultivation.
    [/B]
    The claim was made by FCY himself. Doesnt carry that much weight. Besides, DG9J by itself doesnt have inner power cultivation techniques. If LHC didnt have Xi Xing and YJJ, he wouldn't move faster then the next guy. Why should DG9J by itself make FCY faster?

A cut (no pun intended) version of Sunflower scroll also propelled a rather untalented guy like LPZ to elite level in a short time too.

Originally posted by Temujin

FQY :

- He knows the full set of DG9J
    - He was said to be one of the best
    - He is two generation older than LHC
    - DG9J main critical point is to explore the flaw, and exploit it, therefore most of the time it depends on speed. Because to be able to defeat the opponent's move, you have to utilize your speed to break (or outpace) your opponent's move.

DFBB:

DG9J is not unbeatable, only that the theory conceits itself to be so. A big difference. There are plenty of styles that think itself to be unbeatable; whether they are is a diffferent question altogether.

LHC vs. FQY: LHC's easy mastery has nothing to do with how powerful DG9J is. Rather, DG9J is a perfect style for LHC and thus he is a martial arts genius for learning DG9J, which explains the ease of his mastery. For all we know, FQY may have taken several years to achieve the level LHC did in couple weeks. More importantly, at the end of the novel, FQY may not be better than LHC!

FQY's only advantage we know of is that he has had longer time to practice DG9J. That's it. By all accounts, his neigong cultivation is nothing special; it may be powerful but not significantly so better than the others that people are amazed by it. In the novel, the only thing people speak reverently about him is DG9J.

In contrast LHC know the most powerful form of neigong cultivation in SOD, YJJ, and we know FQY does not know YJJ. Even before the end of the novel, LHC also knew the next best skill, XXDF, which FQY did not know either. Given these factors, it's not even altogether clear that FQY has higher neigong than LHC after mid-novel and definitely not at the end of the novel.

Originally posted by CC
    A cut (no pun intended) version of Sunflower scroll also propelled a rather untalented guy like LPZ to elite level in a short time too.
    And of course, DFBB's version was the abridged one too. I think, given just how powerful LPZ, YBQ and DFBB became with just a portion, full KHBD may be significantly better than DG9J and on par with 9Yin or XWXG.

Originally posted by CC
    The claim was made by FCY himself. Doesnt carry that much weight. Besides, DG9J by itself doesnt have inner power cultivation techniques. If LHC didnt have Xi Xing and YJJ, he wouldn't move faster then the next guy. Why should DG9J by itself make FCY faster?

I thought we all agree that DG9J, if mastered properly with the right guy (you know... YG, LHC, FQY), is definitely the most versatile technique in JY cannons. It can overcome any types of projectiles, palm, weapon techniques.

Perhaps, FQY was being modest. Anyway, what did he say exactly ? I know that DG9J itself doesn't have inner power cultivation, but as long as you have a sword in your hand, and assuming you've mastered the ninth stance, shouldn't DG9J be 100% lethal in the hand of talented fellow like LHC.

DFBB's ability to deflect LHC's sword attack with a needle is INSANE. Amazing ! But if LHC mastered DG9J and can move faster, (perhaps with more years of training, more inner power, after all Du Gu himself moved from having a sword to having no sword at all) he should be able to take care of DFBB. The problem is LHC has only practiced DG9J for a short period of time. Yet, he already saw the flaw, but couldn't take advantage of it, because his inner power is not strong enough obviously and he's slower than DFBB.
    Last edited by Temujin; 01-12-04 at 06:22 PM.

DG9J, i believe really depends on who is using it...ppl like LHC would fit almost perfectly. If LHC is able to practice DG9J and YJJ for the same amount of years of DFBB, he might have a chance in beating the "guy."

As for YJJ...i don't think the SOD version is so much different from the DGSD version...it was still considered the best internal culivation and could cause ur insides to shift around....or something like that

Umm, FQY himself said that in order to learn just one stance (the general index) of DG9J, it took him three months. LHC learned it that quickly because it suits his carefree nature, and because he was EXTREMELY intelligent (in one listening, he managed to memorize 150 words; in just four recitings, he memorized all 300. It took him only TWO HOURS to memorize 900 words).

Chii-breaking stance was only theoretical to both FQY and LHC; they only knew the words and the script, but FQY never taught it in practice, because he didn't know it either.

Also, after FQY went into seclusion, he swore never to pick up a sword again; being of the sword-branch, his internal energy, while strong, was nothing extraordinary (just compare the way JY described him and RWX in terms of internal power).

As for YJJ...i don't think the SOD version is so much different from the DGSD version...it was still considered the best internal culivation and could cause ur insides to shift around....or something like that
    The difference of SOD's YJJ compare to DGSD is extremely vast.

Not really, I don't see any concrete evidence that the YJJ of DGSD is WAY WAY better than the YJJ of SoD.

Remember, YTZ only had his immense internal energy due to a freak synergistic reaction between the extreme coldness of the ice worm poison and YJJ. By itself, I don't see YJJ being an uberpower-up type skill.

And you can interpret that karma mumble jumble in SoD in regards to YJJ to be the watered down version of the buddhist heart in DGSD.

And I don't recall FCY saying that DG9J is invincible. If it was, why would he recommend LHC forget the stances after comprehending them? He did say that the stances can be used to defeat all other stances. But that doesn't mean a thing against Great-level fighters who aren't infatuated with stances.