Thread: The 9 Yum Jen Ging/9 Yeung Jen Ging/Qwai Fa Bo Deen Connection?

Default The 9 Yum Jen Ging/9 Yeung Jen Ging/Qwai Fa Bo Deen Connection?

9 Yum Jen Ging was created during the Sung Dynasty by an imperial official named Wong Seung.

9 Yeung Jen Ging's origin (as of the second edition of HEAVEN SWORD & DRAGON SABRE) is unknown, but it eventually ended up in the possession of the Shaolin Temple.

Qwai Fa Bo Deen was also created during the Sung Dynasty by an imperial eunuch, and was also later found in the possession of the Shaolin Temple.

Might there be some kind of connection among the three martial arts manuals, particularly 9 Yum Jen Ging and Qwai Fa Bo Deen as both of them emerged during the same general time period and both from officials in the Emperor's service?

Maybe Huang Shang was the same ennuuch who was the creator of KFBD. . so His wee wee must have been chopped off
    Last edited by ToOn99; 01-15-04 at 12:15 AM.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Did SOD novel never mention this eunuch's name?
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

Actually, it was theorized(very plausibly) that 9 Yang was created by a monk in Shaolin. He wrote it in the margins of a book written in sanskrit.

Also, are you sure the enunch was from the Sung times? I don't remember that mentioned. Also, I'm pretty sure his name was never mentioned.

Originally posted by Meh
    Also, are you sure the enunch was from the Sung times? I don't remember that mentioned. Also, I'm pretty sure his name was never mentioned.
    he existed 300 years before SOD

Remember the original article by the three students trying to show the link between DGKB and Huang Shuang?

Well at the end of the article, they also postulate a connection between HS and the eunuch at the temple, and how probably that HS practices against that eunuch.

Originally posted by TaiHan
    he existed 300 years before SOD
    Must've forgotten that part when reading... Thanks.

Originally posted by Meh
    Actually, it was theorized(very plausibly) that 9 Yang was created by a monk in Shaolin. He wrote it in the margins of a book written in sanskrit.

As a purely Taoist work, it's been also theorized that someone merely *hid* the manual in Shaolin, possibly by joining the temple as a lay monk.

I know it's not your question but I don't wanna copy and paste or post another one, so bear with me. WS was not an ennuch, at least there's no evidence to suggest this, and the theory of WS vs ennuch vs DG was very persuasively debunked by Lav and Athena, though unfortunately I think it got wiped away long time ago.

Also the creator of KHBD is not named, simply an ennuch.

9 Yum Jen Ging and 9 Yeung Jen Ging are the martial arts for heroes/protagonists. On the other hand, Qwai Fa Bo Deen (Bixie) is the martial art for suckers/idiots/losers.

Looking at the first editions, the origin stories for all 3 manuals are completely different. The interesting thing is Kuihua Baodian's origin story is actually evocative of Yunv Xinjiang, while Jiuyin/Jiuyang share the same author (Damo).