Thread: Who progressed the fastest?

Default Who progressed the fastest?

YG had reached a certain level that WYS was at, but was 10 years younger.

So in terms of martial arts progression, who was the fastest?

Default Re: Who progressed the fastest?

Originally posted by Stance
    YG had reached a certain level that WYS was at, but was 10 years younger.

So in terms of martial arts progression, who was the fastest?
    I think that reference to a "certain level" meant inner power. Yeung Gor got to that level at a younger age, but he had a few advantages during his youth that East Heretic Wong Yerk See did not enjoy (i.e. the Icy Bed of the Ancient Tomb, the Jade Maiden Manual, a little bit of 9 Yum Jen Ging, and also a direct transfer of inner power from Wong Yerk See himself just prior to that comment being made).

I don't think anybody made faster progress than Hui Juk. He got some 200+ years of inner power transferred into him in a matter of minutes.

How about Zhang Wu Ji, in his early twenties, he was about the same as greats in LOCH.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

My list.

1. Xu Zhu, went from zilch to having 200+ years of top-level inner power, along with some of the most powerful techniques in the JY world in Heavenly Mountain's Plum-Breaking Hand, Heavenly Mountain's 6-Yang Palms, and Life&Death Card. All in a span of less than 1 year, in his twenties.

2. Duan Yu, went from zilch to probably 100+ years of Bei Ming inner power, 6 Meridian Swords, and the best lightness kung fu in Ling Buo Wei Bu. Probably in a span of a year.

3. You Tan Zhi, went from zilch to quite good in like a month with Yi Jin Jing. But sucks big time overall.

4. Zhang Wu Ji, depends on how you measure things. It was only 5-6 years from the time he started learning 9 Yang to the point he finished learning Tai Chi. Which is ridiculously fast. But he had good bits of training before to speed up the process, mostly his medical skills learnt earlier.

5. Guo Jing. His growth at first, in LOCH, was very quick. Take out his years with the freaks since they don't really count, and GJ had 2-3 years learning Ma Yu's Quan Zhen inner power. He then learnt 18 Dragon Palms, L/R technique, Kong Ming Fist, and 9 Yin. Basically rose to just a notch below the top in roughly 3-4 years. I personally think ZWJ was at a much higher level at the end of HSDS then GJ and the end of LOCH, which is why I ranked him higher. But if you feel otherwise, you can switch them.

Yang Guo would probably come at number 6 or 7, depending on how one feels about Shi Po Tian. Most other top(at least in respect to the book) JY fighters started solid training from a very early age, like Chen Jia Luo, Yuan Cheng Zhi, Hu Fei, Qiao Feng. Or they're already old when they show up in the book.

XF should come before GJ and maybe ZWJ...judging from his power when he's only in his early 30's...

YG should progress at least as fast if not faster than GJ...he pretty much caught up to GJ by the end of ROCH

Yeah, XF should probably be placed up there somewhere.

And I personally don't think YG had reached GJ's level at the end of ROCH. At least not if you are to analyze their improvement rate.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

i highly doubt progression rates are always proportional...

If You Tan Zhi could go head to head with Xiao Feng in a matter of months, he could probably go toe to toe with Xu Zhu in 5 years.

This is the best thing we got to best on if GJ didn't fight in the end. YG is at Great level, while GJ should have moved further counting his improvement rate. That's the highest possibility if we analyze the rate. Unless you have a better one.......
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by Dirt
    If You Tan Zhi could go head to head with Xiao Feng in a matter of months, he could probably go toe to toe with Xu Zhu in 5 years.
    Although Hui Juk's inner power was higher than Kiu Fung's, I would much rather take my chances against Hui Juk than Kiu Fung. Despite his tremendous inner power, Hui Juk was at heart a gentle, peaceful young man . . . and he had very little combat experience. Kiu Fung, on the other hand, was the very personification of the word warrior. Having superior inner power doesn't guarantee a victory against Kiu Fung; you need the skills and battle savvy to match.

Is Yi Jin Jing an art that you can just keep on improving with, or something that only let you achieve certain level. Like, what's YTZ mastering YJJ 65% all about? Does that mean a person can no longer improve internal energy farther with YJJ after they mastered 100%?

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Although Hui Juk's inner power was higher than Kiu Fung's, I would much rather take my chances against Hui Juk than Kiu Fung. Despite his tremendous inner power, Hui Juk was at heart a gentle, peaceful young man . . . and he had very little combat experience. Kiu Fung, on the other hand, was the very personification of the word warrior. Having superior inner power doesn't guarantee a victory against Kiu Fung; you need the skills and battle savvy to match.
    given Hui Juk's character, would it be possible to compare him to a young Sweeper Monk? Or does his love for the princess mean that he cannot attain enlightenment?

Who knows what young sweeper monk is like. He's like about a hundred that time maybe.

yes but we may be able to perceive what type of qualities SM possesses that make him what he is - and whether HJ has any similarities - HJ has the inner strength and the peaceful nature that may form the basis for sweeper-like levels

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Sweeper Monk was certainly able to ward off Xiao Feng based on inner power alone.