Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Loch 83

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    No budget to travel anywhere, so...
    Even if money were not an issue, in the early 1980s, film crews were not free to film much in China. Getting permission to film various things would require a long struggle with bureaucratic red tape, and the logistics would be a nightmare.

It wasn't until the 1990s that it really became practical for foreign film crews to work inside of China.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Even if money were not an issue, in the early 1980s, film crews were not free to film much in China. Getting permission to film various things would require a long struggle with bureaucratic red tape, and the logistics would be a nightmare.

It wasn't until the 1990s that it really became practical for foreign film crews to work inside of China.

I didn't realize that.

I think it's cool though like when I'm watching a series and I see the same like backdrop our the location they shoot at.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post

Even now a days, TVB still make most of its series in Hong Kong with very limited sceneries... Beautiful sceneries don't matter much, it is a small bonus. Storyline, acting and dialogue are what really count... TVB series with limited sceneries is still relatively better than series from mainland with beautiful sceneries... Anyway, this is just my opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Even now a days, TVB still make most of its series in Hong Kong with very limited sceneries... Beautiful sceneries don't matter much, it is a small bonus. Storyline, acting and dialogue are what really count... TVB series with limited sceneries is still relatively better than series from mainland with beautiful sceneries... Anyway, this is just my opinion....
    TVB didn't have much selection when it came to shooting locations (Hong Kong is a very small place), but I liked that they often made the most with what they had. There was a segment of ROCH '83 with Yeung Gor and Luk Mo Seung on this beach in the twilight hours of the evening and it was just a great piece of cinematographic work. Lighting, Hong Kong's own scenic geography (its bays), and music were very well coordinated to make that scene memorable and even somewhat artsy.

I think some of the scenery is quite nice
    But I'm hoping, it's not ALL props.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

the water should contain a higher oxygen level during the winter than in the summer.

Sometimes nostalgia just hypes a series up to a level it simply wasn't. For an 80's low budget show, it was pretty good, but compared to modern versions it's just hard to watch.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    Sometimes nostalgia just hypes a series up to a level it simply wasn't. For an 80's low budget show, it was pretty good, but compared to modern versions it's just hard to watch.
    80's low budget shows from HK are much better than mega budget shows from mainland China.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    80's low budget shows from HK are much better than mega budget shows from mainland China.

I'll agree to that anyday but with a few exception of shows like Journey to the West, Ji Gong the Mad Monk.

Original Ji Gong made in mainland was the best there is and the funniest there will ever be in my point of view lol

Here take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    Update*****

ZBT of 83 is in critical condition after falling into a river. He had a little too much to drink ....

Wish him well.
    FURTHER UPDATE, albeit nearly four years later!

Chun Wong (Chow Bak Tung '83) survived his ordeal and has since returned to work (although I guess this really shouldn't be news to anyone who's been watching TVB series during the past four years). In terms of LOCH '82, he appeared in a reunion special with the LOCH '82 cast for Chinese television.

40 mins behind the scene LOCH 83 Very classic
    Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I'd marry HR played by Zhou Xun. I'd marry HR played by Athena Chu. I wouldn't marry HR played by Barbara - she'd drive me insane.

Ian
    It has been 10 years since you posted this. Ian, are you serious? I have nothing against HR played by Athena and Zhou Xun but they
    can't compare to HR played by Barbara. HR played by Barbara is the goddess of beauty worshipped by million.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 12-05-14 at 01:54 AM.