Thread: Dead Forum

Default Dead Forum

This forum is really getting...very slow...and dead. Does anyone have a solution to this?

I think that if we re-add the General Forum and/or the Relationship forum, that should stimulate more posts. Because I know that before, when these two were functioning, Spcnet was my favorite forum. Now that they're gone, and people are posting less and less, I rarely come here, and even when I do, there are only a couple new posts.

Anyone else feel this way?

Post IMO

In my opinion, SPCNET is mainly about Entertainment in TV Series, Movies, Actors, Actresses, Music.

Then second it's about Fan-Fiction, Wuxia, and etc.

I believe what SC wants to establish in SPCNET to be a place of discussing stuff like those above.

The Lounge section of the forum, I suppose is just there for the community here. It's not what SPCNET is all about such as general comments and relationship forum.

Those forums may have drawn crowds which is good, however it has also brought lotsa trouble. So what's the point in keeping forums which brought more trouble than good.

Well that's my two cents...
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Okay...problems have been caused in the past, but what about a second chance? I know there was a lot more friendly interaction among members when those forums were open in addition to any trouble that was caused.

And if that's not the solution, I think we need one, since I truly do feel this forum needs a facelift of some sort. It'll help the dead-ness.

Dont kno where, but it sure is pretty. :]

true i agree with both of ya. This forum is gradually dying out. Most of the threads are dead, there must be a solution to it though. Adding the General Discusson Forum would help but it will cause alot of spamming and trouble.
    SarangHaeYo Shinhwa!
    Avi featuring the beautiful Han Ga In! Current Obsession.

I don't feel like it's doing that badly. After all, school has started, and people have classes and jobs. These days, everyone is busier.

As for the off-topic discussions. *shrugs*
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

Originally posted by CrazyLilAngel
    I don't feel like it's doing that badly. After all, school has started, and people have classes and jobs. These days, everyone is busier.

As for the off-topic discussions. *shrugs*
    I agree with LilAngel here... lots of people do have others things to do now. And the SPCNET is a pretty good place to just discuss the topic it was intended to do TV series and Wuxia.

But without the General Forum or other unique forums... you don't see some of the funny personals that used to troll the board anymore. That is what I miss the most but their humor and opinions is not for everyone.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

i'd have to agree that spcnet has slowed down a lot since the 2 forums were deleted and also that it took away a lot of the personalities that really entertained and added to the community. i think that there should b another chance given for the 2 forums...if sc is afraid of the trouble that ppl will cause y not just make the modding stricter? i mean...i never really saw much of a problem besides the occasional spamming in every forum n arguments between some members..but i don't think that things like that would b that hard to put an end to...just my 2 cents
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Originally posted by LTD
    i'd have to agree that spcnet has slowed down a lot since the 2 forums were deleted and also that it took away a lot of the personalities that really entertained and added to the community. i think that there should b another chance given for the 2 forums...if sc is afraid of the trouble that ppl will cause y not just make the modding stricter? i mean...i never really saw much of a problem besides the occasional spamming in every forum n arguments between some members..but i don't think that things like that would b that hard to put an end to...just my 2 cents
    The problem with stricter modding is members will call us nazi moderators and there are members in the past that find it hard to listen to simple guidelines put out by the Admin-SC. Even if we are stricter and there are guidelines...people will still find their way to be deaf and not listen and from what I heard from SC in the past, she had given those forums many chances already and had given it much thought before closing down those two forums.

I can't see how people can't go to the Academia forum and talk about their favorite books, go to the Movie forum and talk about movies they want to watch or movies they love or Go to the Music forum and talk about which songs they like or hate....OR go to the actors and actress forums and talk about the idols they love or hate.

My point is there are so many forums to talk about many things why are you all still thinking and wanting something that is already long gone. There are so many forums we can enjoy posting. Stop dwelling about the forums that are no longer there.
    And besides before the addition of those forums, people were still gathering around here like bees to honey.

Again my two pennies...
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-25-04 at 01:39 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

well..i'd agree that members could just go to the music, movie or academia forums to talk about their favorites there..but then the general comment provided a space to just like have discussions about the most random things ever n members really got to kno each other a lot more by those 2 forums...yes..i am saying that the forums deserve another chance..but i am in no way saying that sc should put them back in if it'll give her more trouble.
    as for the members bein' deaf n not listening n following the guidelines..isn't there always the option of banning them? n if they make another name...isn't there a way to ban the ip number?..just curious
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Originally posted by LTD

as for the members bein' deaf n not listening n following the guidelines..isn't there always the option of banning them? n if they make another name...isn't there a way to ban the ip number?..just curious
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can ban people through IPs with vBulletin boards. But that doesn't really solve the problem when users have IP addresses that change periodically.
    [size=1]~~ Smiles
    "The numerous the laws, the more corrupt the state" - Tacitus
    "If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. " - Julius Caesar
    "When the enemy advances, withdraw; when he stops, harass; when he tires, strike; when he retreats, pursue." - Mao
    "Laws can discover sin, but not remove it" - Plato
    "Law depends on its validity by having a penalty attached" - Jane Austen[/size]

Hahaha... the place is dead since Lisa have 2 jobs now & don't have time to spam. Kidding.

Well originally as I recalled, Spcnet Reviews were about serials. When I 1st came, it was just the serial forums. Then about a year later or so when I came back I saw the other forums. GC & Relationship were a lot of probs so it was taken out.

This place is generally for movies & serials... not for non-sense (no offense).

In the future, the General Comments forum might be back or a different lounge forum might be added but no time in the near future.

I think the problem is that when someone 'gives' and then 'takes', you'd tend to notice what's missing.
    -SC

I just think that Spcnet's main attraction is the Reviews & the forum section is just a section in the site...

In the past it was Lounge-less... We just seem to overlook what's really the main attraction here.