Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A New Level for the Big Dipper Formation?

Default A New Level for the Big Dipper Formation?

Just for fun, let's have this discussion. Some of the responses in these two threads Quanzhen sect - Big Dipper Formation and DY, XZ, XF vs 5 Greats got me thinking. What if the following people from the Condor Trilogy novels:
    1. WCY (when he was at his peak before he died)
    2. GJ (by the end of ROCH)
    3. HYS (by the end of ROCH)
    4. H7G (before he died in ROCH)
    5. OYF (before he died in ROCH)
    6. ZBT (by the end of ROCH)
    7. YG (by the end of ROCH)
    8. 1D (by the end of ROCH)
    9. Z3F (by the end of HSDS)
    10. ZWJ (by the end of HSDS)
    get together, somehow can put aside all their ego and individual differences, can get WCY to teach them the Big Dipper Formation, and get into fair elimination/audition process where 7 people will be selected out of 10 to form the Big Dipper Formation, will it take the Big Dipper Formation to a new level and make it a very formidable formation good enough to take out any ONE of Jin Yong's characters, Sweeper Monk included?
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

That combination of seven could probably defeat *anybody*, Big Dipper Formation or no Big Dipper Formation.

I'd say the combination of these fighters would take just about anyone in the JY universe.

But I think The Sweeper Monk or ShiPoTian will give them a fight of their lives.

The 7 people I would choose are :

1. WCY (when he was at his peak before he died)
    2. GJ (by the end of ROCH)
    3. HYS (by the end of ROCH)
    4. ZBT (by the end of ROCH)
    5. YG (by the end of ROCH)
    6. Z3F (by the end of HSDS)
    7. ZWJ (by the end of HSDS)

It's a tough choice between YD, HYS, AYF and H7Q, but I leave HYS there because :

- HYS is a super genious guy and a master in the art of formation, strategies and tactics. I think a combination of WCY and HYS will be awesome to enhance the big dipper formation.
    - GJ already know everything about HL18Z from H7Q and at their peaks, GJ is the better fighter.
    - AYF's frog stance and reverse 9-Yin technique, although powerful, I just don't think his wicked personality will benefit the formation, beside HYS' brain and intellegence will be more beneficial to the formation
    - YD is left out, because although his inner power is quite strong, it seems like he's just about the same as HYS, AYF, and H7Q. Again, HYS seems to be more brilliant with formation.

How about this formation versus 3 Brothers in Tian Long Ba Bu ?
    Should be very interesting.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

I wonder whether ZBT with his playful personality will or will not mess the formation, that's why I included him among the 10 contestants, to see whether he will get picked or not.

It'll be one heck of a formation. But will the formation really be stronger than all 7 just attacking without one. Sure they may not have a formation if that happens, but using the Big Dipper Formation would mean that they can only use QZ martial arts and steps. Each one of them have advance martial arts. So will it hold them back or make them better.?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Superboy is right. I forgot to add that they should be able to use their own techniques, not the QZ martial arts or QZ sword techniques. Meaning, they just maintain the Big Dipper Formation moves but use their own gongfu styles. Now, will that take the formation to a new, formidable level, or will it on the contrary ruin the formation?

Default I think

There is no reason to believe that Shi PoTian is as powerful as everyone else.
    Next, on the Sweeper Monk.
    I think even if you united everyone else in JY universe together, you can't beat him.

I select...
    WCY (when he was at his peak before he died)
    GJ (by the end of ROCH)
    H7G (before he died in ROCH)
    ZBT (by the end of ROCH)
    1D (by the end of ROCH)
    Z3F (by the end of HSDS)
    ZWJ (by the end of HSDS)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

Why on earth would you pick ZWJ over YG?
    Yo momma cat

Talking Because...

I made a mistake...
    Should have YG in, without H7G.
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

I'll pick
    1.Guo Jing
    2.Yang Guo
    3. WCY(because he's most familiar with the formation)
    4.HYS
    5.1D
    6.ZBT
    7.Z3F
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I'll pick :
    1. WCY
    2. ZSF
    3. ZBT
    4. HYS
    5. YG
    6. GJ
    7. ZWJ

My choices mainly due to the ability of wielding swords in order to form big dipper formation like 7 heroes of quanzhen.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Just pondering, if you have 7 guys surrounding DY and he just slashes his 6MSJ blindly, thats a pretty good chance of blindly hitting someone eh?

And I don't think the 7 different greats would be able to use their individual kung fu in the Big Dipper, so it might actually harm their chances to use the formation.

And looking at how sweeper monk took out MRB with his 'Perfect defensive stance', he should also be able to KO the participants of a Big Dipper formation one by one in the same manner. I mean, Sweeper monk is like Buddha in 'Journey to the West'. No matter how kick *** Sun Wu Kong was, one palm from Buddha settles the matter.

Even the Greats might not be able to do a one hit ko to a QZ master. If Sweeper can do it to someone like MRB at XF's level, then there's a pretty good chance he'll break the formation pretty effortlessly.

Originally posted by superboy
    Even the Greats might not be able to do a one hit ko to a QZ master. If Sweeper can do it to someone like MRB at XF's level, then there's a pretty good chance he'll break the formation pretty effortlessly.
    All you need to do is take out one person and that would break the formation.

What about using the formation against someone like Li Xun Huan? I don't think the formation was invented to dodge things and since he never misses, I think he can break the formation easily.

A formation is not for dodging, but of course there are steps inside that you will need to take and you just don't let people hit you. I think LXH will die in the formation. Even if he is lucky enough to take out one of them, the other 6 are gonna get him.

LXH only has one dagger. He cannot possible have time to throw the dagger and kill 7 people, much less 7 Greats. At most he can only kill one. Besides, there is a difference between "The Flying Dagger never misses" and "The Flying Dagger always kills."

Does the Big Dipper Formation requires QZ sword art?

I don't think so, based on GJ not using it when he fought together with QZ masters against HYS in LOCH.

Is the QZ formation better than the one created by Z3F?

Talking Anyway...

LXH can't beat the Sweeper monk.
    The Sweeper monk cannot be defeated.
    Even if you put everyone else in the JY universe and everyone one in GL universe against him.