Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: Best Female Fighter in Jin Yong Universe

  1. #1
    Senior Member Temujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Wuxialand
    Posts
    2,383

    Default Best Female Fighter in Jin Yong Universe

    In your opinion, who's the best female fighter in Jin Yong universe ?

    I think it comes down to Tian Shan Tong Lao, Li Qiu Shui and Lin Chao Ying.

    What do you think ? Who's the best ? Why ?

  2. #2
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,735

    Default

    Virtual tie between Lee Chou Sui and Teen San Tung Lo. Each of them was thought to be even more powerful than Kiu Fung, and that's no laughing matter.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Virtual tie between Lee Chou Sui and Teen San Tung Lo. Each of them was thought to be even more powerful than Kiu Fung, and that's no laughing matter.
    I would love to know why people think this. What were they able to do in their old age that HYS, YD and ZBT weren't?

  4. #4
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    TSTL in particular was known for -never- needing more than a single stance to kill someone.

    But stuff like that aside...we can use JMZ as an example. After learning about 20-30 years worth of XWXG at most, he was able to match palms with XYS, indicating that his internal energy was around the same level. Considering that each elder of Xiao Yao Pai had around 2-3 times as long amount of time training XWXG or TSDXWWDZG (God that name is long), just in internal energy alone, they should be far superior to XF.

  5. #5
    Senior Member rabadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,308

    Default

    It'll be a contest between Tian Shan Tong Lao and Li Qiu Shui after they have swiftly eliminated Lin Chao Ying.
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

  6. #6
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,381

    Default

    I always think of Dongfang Bubai as a woman, so I'd toss her in there.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Mojo Jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    498

    Default

    The Yueh Maiden wins easily against all comers.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    In my view, Tian Shan Tong Lao is a superior fighter compared to Li Qiu Shui. You get the idea from the conversations that TSTL should be able to beat LQS, but couldn't penetrate her Xiao Wu Xiang Gong. On the other hand, TSTL never thought LQS had any chance of kill her, the whole back-to-youth days notwithstanding. So basically, TSTL is better than LQS, but not really good enough to kill LQS.

    Ling Chao Yin shouldn't even enter the discussion. She's good, but she's a few classes below. LQS and TSTL are among the few to rank right below the sweeper monk. LCY doesn't even come close.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Temujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Wuxialand
    Posts
    2,383

    Default

    I guess we can rank the 3 women as follows:

    1 - TSTL
    2 - LQS
    3 - LCY

  10. #10
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,565

    Default

    How far ahead are TSTL and LCS compared to XF, XYS and MRB or how far behind are the two ladies compared to sweeper monk, in your estimates?

  11. #11
    Senior Member Dirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Originally posted by Meh
    Ling Chao Yin shouldn't even enter the discussion. She's good, but she's a few classes below. LQS and TSTL are among the few to rank right below the sweeper monk. LCY doesn't even come close.
    Time has nothing to do with how good one can get. The Wu brothers could practice until their 120 years old and never get to Yi Deng's level at the 1st Hua Shan Tournament. Sure Tian Shan Tong Lao had the kung fu that made her young, but Zhou Bo Tong was growing younger too and he didn't even have a special kung fu to make him so.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Originally posted by Dirt
    Time has nothing to do with how good one can get. The Wu brothers could practice until their 120 years old and never get to Yi Deng's level at the 1st Hua Shan Tournament. Sure Tian Shan Tong Lao had the kung fu that made her young, but Zhou Bo Tong was growing younger too and he didn't even have a special kung fu to make him so.
    Are you familiar with DGSD? When TSTL goes back to her youth every 30 years, she temporarily loses her inner power. That's why I had to make this exception when I said she was more powerful than LQS.

    How far ahead are TSTL and LCS compared to XF, XYS and MRB or how far behind are the two ladies compared to sweeper monk, in your estimates?
    This is obviously very subjective. Personally, I look at it this way. Xu Zhu could only use 30% of his power(or around TSTL's inner power) at Shaolin against Ding Chun Qiu. He also didn't really know how to fight and truly apply his techniques. Yet he had the upper hand from the start. And he really had no problems once he started to use Life-Death Card.

    Imagine the Xu Zhu at Shaolin. Now add years of experience using Life-Death Card, Tian Shan Liu Yang Zhang, and Tian Shan Zhe Mei Shou. Add killer instinct and cunning. And the result is TSTL. So I'd bet on her over Xiao Feng in a fight. Maybe 3:1 odds.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    453

    Cool Alternative ...

    What about "Princess Fragrance"? (When looks can kill ... )

  14. #14
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,072

    Default

    Originally posted by Meh
    Imagine the Xu Zhu at Shaolin. Now add years of experience using Life-Death Card, Tian Shan Liu Yang Zhang, and Tian Shan Zhe Mei Shou. Add killer instinct and cunning. And the result is TSTL. So I'd bet on her over Xiao Feng in a fight. Maybe 3:1 odds.
    3:1 over Xiao Feng! C'mon dude! Its XIAO FENG!!!??!


    But anyway, TSTL/LQS isn't just the most powerful female fighter. They are close to being the most powerful fighter ever as well.

    Plot device monk and swordsman don't really count.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Han Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,565

    Default

    What about the statement in DGSD that XZ have exceeded the achievement of TSTL?

  16. #16
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,381

    Default

    Plot device monk and swordsman don't really count.
    Can't the Xiao Yao pai elders be considered plot devices to make the other 2 protagonists (DY, XZ) have great internal energy?

  17. #17
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,072

    Default

    Originally posted by PJ
    Can't the Xiao Yao pai elders be considered plot devices to make the other 2 protagonists (DY, XZ) have great internal energy?
    Well DGKB never appeared in person. Along with 9 Yin and Sunflower man. So lets leave em out.

    Plot device monk vs Xiao Yao elders. Well, Xiao Yao elders had a _lot_ more speaking lines. And their kung fu had names!

  18. #18
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,072

    Default

    Originally posted by Han Solo
    What about the statement in DGSD that XZ have exceeded the achievement of TSTL?
    No such direct statement was made. Unless it appeared in one revision and not the next.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Originally posted by CC
    No such direct statement was made. Unless it appeared in one revision and not the next.
    There were a few. One was right after TSTL's death. Her servants noticed that XZ's inner power and long distance accupoint sealing technique were somewhat even better than TSTL's. I think JY did write something near the end of the novel about XZ being better than TSTL as well, perhaps when he captured the Liao emperor.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

  20. #20
    Moderator Ren Wo Xing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Currently DC
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Originally posted by Candide
    There were a few. One was right after TSTL's death. Her servants noticed that XZ's inner power and long distance accupoint sealing technique were somewhat even better than TSTL's. I think JY did write something near the end of the novel about XZ being better than TSTL as well, perhaps when he captured the Liao emperor.
    It's rather self-evident that XZ's inner power is better than TSTL's, since he had all of hers, all of WYZ's, and all of LQS's

Similar Threads

  1. Wulin Directors in the Jin Yong Universe
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-12-17, 12:39 AM
  2. The Book of Records for Jin Yong universe
    By PJ in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-31-10, 03:51 PM
  3. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-15-08, 10:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •