Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Female Fighter in Jin Yong Universe

Default Best Female Fighter in Jin Yong Universe

In your opinion, who's the best female fighter in Jin Yong universe ?

I think it comes down to Tian Shan Tong Lao, Li Qiu Shui and Lin Chao Ying.

What do you think ? Who's the best ? Why ?

Virtual tie between Lee Chou Sui and Teen San Tung Lo. Each of them was thought to be even more powerful than Kiu Fung, and that's no laughing matter.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Virtual tie between Lee Chou Sui and Teen San Tung Lo. Each of them was thought to be even more powerful than Kiu Fung, and that's no laughing matter.
    I would love to know why people think this. What were they able to do in their old age that HYS, YD and ZBT weren't?

TSTL in particular was known for -never- needing more than a single stance to kill someone.

But stuff like that aside...we can use JMZ as an example. After learning about 20-30 years worth of XWXG at most, he was able to match palms with XYS, indicating that his internal energy was around the same level. Considering that each elder of Xiao Yao Pai had around 2-3 times as long amount of time training XWXG or TSDXWWDZG (God that name is long), just in internal energy alone, they should be far superior to XF.

It'll be a contest between Tian Shan Tong Lao and Li Qiu Shui after they have swiftly eliminated Lin Chao Ying.
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

I always think of Dongfang Bubai as a woman, so I'd toss her in there.

The Yueh Maiden wins easily against all comers.

In my view, Tian Shan Tong Lao is a superior fighter compared to Li Qiu Shui. You get the idea from the conversations that TSTL should be able to beat LQS, but couldn't penetrate her Xiao Wu Xiang Gong. On the other hand, TSTL never thought LQS had any chance of kill her, the whole back-to-youth days notwithstanding. So basically, TSTL is better than LQS, but not really good enough to kill LQS.

Ling Chao Yin shouldn't even enter the discussion. She's good, but she's a few classes below. LQS and TSTL are among the few to rank right below the sweeper monk. LCY doesn't even come close.

I guess we can rank the 3 women as follows:

1 - TSTL
    2 - LQS
    3 - LCY

How far ahead are TSTL and LCS compared to XF, XYS and MRB or how far behind are the two ladies compared to sweeper monk, in your estimates?

Originally posted by Meh
    Ling Chao Yin shouldn't even enter the discussion. She's good, but she's a few classes below. LQS and TSTL are among the few to rank right below the sweeper monk. LCY doesn't even come close.
    Time has nothing to do with how good one can get. The Wu brothers could practice until their 120 years old and never get to Yi Deng's level at the 1st Hua Shan Tournament. Sure Tian Shan Tong Lao had the kung fu that made her young, but Zhou Bo Tong was growing younger too and he didn't even have a special kung fu to make him so.

Originally posted by Dirt
    Time has nothing to do with how good one can get. The Wu brothers could practice until their 120 years old and never get to Yi Deng's level at the 1st Hua Shan Tournament. Sure Tian Shan Tong Lao had the kung fu that made her young, but Zhou Bo Tong was growing younger too and he didn't even have a special kung fu to make him so.
    Are you familiar with DGSD? When TSTL goes back to her youth every 30 years, she temporarily loses her inner power. That's why I had to make this exception when I said she was more powerful than LQS.

How far ahead are TSTL and LCS compared to XF, XYS and MRB or how far behind are the two ladies compared to sweeper monk, in your estimates?
    This is obviously very subjective. Personally, I look at it this way. Xu Zhu could only use 30% of his power(or around TSTL's inner power) at Shaolin against Ding Chun Qiu. He also didn't really know how to fight and truly apply his techniques. Yet he had the upper hand from the start. And he really had no problems once he started to use Life-Death Card.

Imagine the Xu Zhu at Shaolin. Now add years of experience using Life-Death Card, Tian Shan Liu Yang Zhang, and Tian Shan Zhe Mei Shou. Add killer instinct and cunning. And the result is TSTL. So I'd bet on her over Xiao Feng in a fight. Maybe 3:1 odds.

Cool Alternative ...

What about "Princess Fragrance"? (When looks can kill ... )

Originally posted by Meh
    Imagine the Xu Zhu at Shaolin. Now add years of experience using Life-Death Card, Tian Shan Liu Yang Zhang, and Tian Shan Zhe Mei Shou. Add killer instinct and cunning. And the result is TSTL. So I'd bet on her over Xiao Feng in a fight. Maybe 3:1 odds.
    3:1 over Xiao Feng! C'mon dude! Its XIAO FENG!!!??!

But anyway, TSTL/LQS isn't just the most powerful female fighter. They are close to being the most powerful fighter ever as well.

Plot device monk and swordsman don't really count.

What about the statement in DGSD that XZ have exceeded the achievement of TSTL?

Plot device monk and swordsman don't really count.
    Can't the Xiao Yao pai elders be considered plot devices to make the other 2 protagonists (DY, XZ) have great internal energy?

Originally posted by PJ
    Can't the Xiao Yao pai elders be considered plot devices to make the other 2 protagonists (DY, XZ) have great internal energy?
    Well DGKB never appeared in person. Along with 9 Yin and Sunflower man. So lets leave em out.

Plot device monk vs Xiao Yao elders. Well, Xiao Yao elders had a _lot_ more speaking lines. And their kung fu had names!

Originally posted by Han Solo
    What about the statement in DGSD that XZ have exceeded the achievement of TSTL?
    No such direct statement was made. Unless it appeared in one revision and not the next.

Originally posted by CC
    No such direct statement was made. Unless it appeared in one revision and not the next.
    There were a few. One was right after TSTL's death. Her servants noticed that XZ's inner power and long distance accupoint sealing technique were somewhat even better than TSTL's. I think JY did write something near the end of the novel about XZ being better than TSTL as well, perhaps when he captured the Liao emperor.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Originally posted by Candide
    There were a few. One was right after TSTL's death. Her servants noticed that XZ's inner power and long distance accupoint sealing technique were somewhat even better than TSTL's. I think JY did write something near the end of the novel about XZ being better than TSTL as well, perhaps when he captured the Liao emperor.
    It's rather self-evident that XZ's inner power is better than TSTL's, since he had all of hers, all of WYZ's, and all of LQS's