Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anymore Mainland Jin Yong's Adaptation Coming Up?

Default Anymore Mainland Jin Yong's Adaptation Coming Up?

I know that 4 novels were made into Mainland series. But is there anymore coming up? Can anybody give me more information or a site that gives more information about this sort of stuff.

In addition to XAJH01, LOCH03, and DGSD03, ZJZ is supposed to produce the following :

Return of the Condor Heroes
    The Duke of Mount Deer
    Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountain

I see. Can I know where u get those information?

I hope that China/taiwan will do Bi Xue Jian. That is one of my favorite JY novels. I think since they are making big bucks from these adaptions, of course they will do them all sooner or later...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

What, they are doing DOMD again??? I sure hope that they won't make it into a disaster like they did with DOMD 2000.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I'm currently watching Secret of the Linked Cities, a new JY production from mainland. I like it so far. It does drag the story quite a bit(36 episodes for a 12? chapter book). And there are certainly some changes. But overall a very nice production IMO.

I hope that China/taiwan will do Bi Xue Jian. That is one of my favorite JY novels.
    Heheh. That's one of my favorite novels too. Too bad I haven't found either of the TVB adaptations for it. If it does get made, I doubt it will be Zhang Ji Zhong. The book just isn't that famous, relative to JY's other works.

What, they are doing DOMD again??? I sure hope that they won't make it into a disaster like they did with DOMD 2000.
    I doubt it'll be like DOMD2000, which is a Taiwanized(read: romance overload) version. But somehow, I just can't see mainland actors doing the type of humor shown in DOMD. The mainland comedies tend to have a different style.

China just made an adaption for the Linked Cities?? That is one of the JY novels that I don't really like much. It doesn't matter if Zhang Ji Zhong does it or not. Is he the one that did XAJH?? Well I didn't like that series at all so I will be glad if he doesn't do Bi Xue Jian. TVB released Bi Xue Jian on VCD. But too bad they cut out a lot of parts. That one was about 60% accurate to the novel. It would have been really good if they were more accurate.
    I know what you mean... I don't know Chinese actors can express the humor in DOMD.

Originally posted by Temujin
    In addition to XAJH01, LOCH03, and DGSD03, ZJZ is supposed to produce the following :

Return of the Condor Heroes
    The Duke of Mount Deer
    Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountain
    No HSDS included in the plan?

HSDS has already been re made. You know the version with Alec and Alyssa?

it has been so long said that Zhang Zi Zhong will remake ROCH, but how come still no sign of it......has he given up?!
    Last edited by pepper; 02-01-04 at 03:29 AM.

Originally posted by Trinie
    HSDS has already been re made. You know the version with Alec and Alyssa?
    I know...but that's not 100% Mainland production.
    And what I quoted from Temujin is ZJZ's plan. He made LOCH, is going to make ROCH...but not HSDS? I think that's weird.

Default Linked Cities?

Hi what's this abou linked cities???

Never heard of it, can i get it from Yesasia?

What's the chinese name?

Default Re: Linked Cities?

Originally posted by emerald
    Hi what's this abou linked cities???

Never heard of it, can i get it from Yesasia?

What's the chinese name?
    The Chinese name is Lian2 Cheng2 Jue2 (连城诀). Yeah, they sell it at yesasia.com here (DVD version) and at tigercool.com here (VCD).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Default Re: Re: Linked Cities?

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    The Chinese name is Lian2 Cheng2 Jue2 (连城诀). Yeah, they sell it at yesasia.com here (DVD version) and at tigercool.com here (VCD).
    Hmm. What is the story about? I have seen the poster around in the video store. Was curious to know if it's worth renting.

Have you seen the TVB version of Lian Cheng Jue with Roger and Kitty? That series was ok...I think if you watch that series you will have an idea of what the novel was about. I am not sure how accurate that series is to the novel though.

To blueberry, I think ZJZ may not be doing HSDS since it just got remade very recently. It would be really wierd if he remade it again.

china also released Hap Hak Hang not to long ago. But frankly, i think it sucked. The main character looked kinda weird. Mostr of the actresses were ugley. The music sucked too.i really wanna see the mainland remake of ROCH.
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Cool

what's the english title for bi xue jian, anyone knows?
    人生悲怆,世态炎凉,前程又茫茫。 滴滴珠泪,缕缕柔肠,更无限凄惶。 满斟绿
    醑,暂赴醉乡,莫道我痴狂。 今日欢笑,明日忧伤,世事本无常!

一棹春风一叶舟,一纶茧缕一轻钩。
    花满渚,酒满瓯,万顷波中得自由。

The English title for Bi Xue Jian is The Sword Stained with Royal Blood or Crimson Sabre.

I heard that Jin Yong is going to write a sequel to the Duke of Mount Deer... Wonder wether when he is going to release it maybe that would be a good serial to watch because Wei Xiaobao will lose most of his wives, because Jin Yong thinks that the original version is a bad influence to today's youth anybody beg to differ?

anyone wants to suggest possible actors for wei xiao bao and kang xi? I thot Qiao Zhen Yu looks suitable but I have not seen him acting before so that is purely based on his photos.