Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anymore Mainland Jin Yong's Adaptation Coming Up?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    anyone wants to suggest possible actors for wei xiao bao and kang xi? I thot Qiao Zhen Yu looks suitable but I have not seen him acting before so that is purely based on his photos.
    Post a picture of all your listed candidates and run a poll.... Maybe that will help!!

Here's my suggestions for Lu Ding Ji:

Jia Yi Ping: Wei Xiao Bao
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://show.ynet.com/img.db?3823063+s(440)')
    Qiao Zhen: Yu: Kang Xi
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg.163.com/movie/0412/07/qzy6.jpg')

the wives: i wanted to find pics of all the actresses but its just too much trouble
    Shuan Er: Liu Tao
    Princess Jian Ning: Hu Jing
    Ah Ke: Sun Fei Fei
    Mu Jian Ping: Yang Mi
    Fang Yi: Li Xiao Ran
    Zeng Rou: Shen Ao Jun
    The wife of the sect leader(forgot her name): Yu Fei Hong

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    anyone wants to suggest possible actors for wei xiao bao and kang xi? I thot Qiao Zhen Yu looks suitable but I have not seen him acting before so that is purely based on his photos.
    my wish is that for once, i mean just ONCE, they will use actors of the correct ages to play the duo. although i guess having 14 and 15 year olds as the leading roles is probably asking too much. but at least hire people still looking like they could pass as teens.

also, xiao bao should be quite short, alot of the situations in the book depended on him being very young and short to make sense. his wives should also be in their teens, with only su quan in her 20s.

other than that, i hope they retain the liberal use of swear words and have the actors speak authetic regional accents. such as the mu family talking with yunnan accent, the court officials with beijing accent, wei xiao bao originally with yang zhou accent, russians speaking russian and so on....

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior
    I heard that Jin Yong is going to write a sequel to the Duke of Mount Deer... Wonder wether when he is going to release it maybe that would be a good serial to watch because Wei Xiaobao will lose most of his wives, because Jin Yong thinks that the original version is a bad influence to today's youth anybody beg to differ?
    Jin Yong is not going to write a sequel, he is going to revise the current edition
    the rumour is that he is going to make Wei Xiaobao lose 3-4 of his wives and almost all his money based on a recent interview.

but the chinese producer said he probably won't follow the new edition anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    Jin Yong is not going to write a sequel, he is going to revise the current edition
    the rumour is that he is going to make Wei Xiaobao lose 3-4 of his wives and almost all his money based on a recent interview.

but the chinese producer said he probably won't follow the new edition anyway.
    Thanks for the info. really appreciated so when is Jin Yong going to relsease his revised version??

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior
    Thanks for the info. really appreciated so when is Jin Yong going to relsease his revised version??
    my guess is next year.