Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: actor and actress suffering from mental distress

yuckkkk (*shudders* ) michael jackson is just gross! he's a pedophile, a sick pedophile. yeah, i have a feeling that he's raped or molested when he's young. that's why he's fond of that act too. you know, childhood trauma. not a fact, just my GUT FEEL.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Perhaps they're too used to the fame, and when the fame goes away, they can't deal with life anymore hahaha.

I have no sympathy for these mental midgets.

Boohoo. Where's my bloody violin when I need it.

Normal people have to deal with all that AND not having enough money or recognition/fame.

Here's a bridge for them actors:

[code]
    / ==============\
    /----------------\
    /------------------\
    [/code]
    Last edited by Candide; 04-29-04 at 02:57 PM.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

what does the bridge mean?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Celebrities are spoiled rotten. They have so much money and they waste it like crazy.

Then when they run out of it they complain that their life is going down the drain.

It's like, hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one forced u to waste $5000 on a pair of stupid shoes!!!
    The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos

sometimes they need to spend that lot because that's their main asset. imagine an actress known for her beauty having pimples, what do you think media will say abt that? you won't be surprised if a pimple became chicken pox in the papers
    cherrie

Originally posted by cherrie
    what does the bridge mean?
    To help them to get over it.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

About the Michael Jackson thing, hmm...I don't even know if he's molested all those children the media says he has. I think he's paid a lot of money to settle, though. For sure the dude is weird...some of his habits with the children on his private ranch are odd, to say the least. Can easily be misinterpreted, even if the intentions were good.

I think as a celebrity you have to take extra precautions to make sure that media can't misconstrue your actions. I remember reading several months ago about the b--ball star Kobe Bryant being accused of molestation or assault or something...the reporter was talking to other people in the field, and one of the basketball stars was like, ya, you gotta make sure you don't do nothing weird. Don't get into elevators with girls alone, don't trust those young girls who claim they're of age and then later you get charged with sex with a minor.

So ya. Even if Jackson is innocent, he's being too weird, of course those odd habits of his are going to land him in trouble eventually.

As for the celebrities wasting their money and whining, hmm...I used to have no sympathy, but now I think, there's gotta be something behind it if it's happening to so many stars. I think as a celebrity, even if you make a lot of money, you really need to invest and be smart.

But for sure, even aside from cherrie's point about the zits, I mean, imagine trying to ride to work in a honda civic when everyone else is cruising in on limos and ferraris and stuff. You'd be the laughingstock of the whole place. Some people couldn't take that for a month. It might even be news-the tabloids might mock you for being cheap and stingy. Trying to use your celeb status to pick up some girls? No girl is going to want to ride in your "cheap" car, hey, you're a celeb, why you so stingy?

And if you have a "cheap" house, how you going to throw those nice parties for your star friends etc? If the paparazzi chasing you, you can't even wear walmart clothes while going for a morning jog, cuz' the next morning you're gonna look like a slob in the morning papers. that might mean bad image for you, people think you're ugly/slob.

Bad image could mean less people see your movies/concerts, you get pressure from your manager...Bodyguards probably not cheap. And then I'm sure you have to pay a lot for privacy too. you can't eat at the local pizza pizza too often, people going to jump all over you.

I think it has a lot to do with the environment. Celebs don't live in a normal world, and it probably takes a lot of smarts to keep yourself grounded.

Well for sexual harassment is really grey area.

I assume everyone including I have padding someone on the back for a job well done. But now a day, this act could mean sexual harassment in the work place just because some one think this act makes the person uncomfortable.... what will be next... if someone look at you and it makes you uncomfortable that is harassment? I hope I would be long gone before that days comes.

As for MJ's case. The thing about it is because MJ has a werid lifestyle and lots of money... which equal to lots of opportunity to make profit from him.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

speaking of MJ, i once saw his house being featured on tv. and i think he has this really big room with only a grand piano in the middle. right?
    cherrie

does he.....i dun thinks so. He has a really big house but his rooms weren't that big were they??
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

i dunno... but if it's true i wouldn't be surprised. he's filthy rich right?
    cherrie

he's broke now - IN DEBT!!

Wonder where all that money went....

a classic example of someone who does not know how to cherish his blessings.
    cherrie

True

But this is the same as all people, a good example is like wen u hav a small house but the house is packed full of stuff cause u got too much stuff, but then u move to a new house and u still have ur house packed.

This is because the more space u hav the more space u waste!

somewhat similar to what i learned in economics. the more you earn, the more you spend
    cherrie

hahahaha very true, very true!

i think of it this way. you want to buy a lot of things so you tend to find ways to earn more
    cherrie