Thread: Song Seung Heon

Quote Originally Posted by Janice/HEONg View Post
    If the Korean trip ever materialize, I'll be sure to write. Through watching the dramas, I observed how beautiful South Korea is (been to Japan in 2002). Also, I might possibly try to locate my "orphan," Kang Chun Soo. Apparently, his name is very common. Would love to return to him his photos and letters.
    I really want to go to Cheju Island...I fell in love with it while watching Summer Scent. so beautiful....Thanks for the translation, colette, did you translate it yourself? I miss uchi, too...haven't seen her in months
    Last edited by <3ssh<3; 02-04-08 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel:) View Post
    Well, I come from Macedonia, the Republic of Macedonia.
    I guess you've never heard of, but you might know it as part of Yugoslavia in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Macedonia
    Hey, wasn't that Chinese girl called uchikake? Very smart girl,indeed.

Oh, I so long to visit Asia.
    I'm still reading a couple of books about China, and last night I even dram that I was in Tokyo! I was so happy that I was even laughing while sleeping,lol!

And I learned a couple of Korean words too!
    Like: Kamsa hamnida; Annyeonghaseyo; Mian and of course Sarange or Saranghe-yo

Korean wave got into me, thats for sure!
    Thank you for introducing me to the beautiful Macedonia.
    Wow, a country with pop. of 2 millions, only 1/2 the pop. of Los Angeles, yet there's over a dozen of languages spoken in Macedonia.
    So how many other languages do you speak besides English and Macedonian?

Yup, it's Uchikake who done most translations from multiple languages for us. Pretty smart and funny girl. We love the crackin' mad cap movie scripts that she invented. Too bad she hasn't stopped by here often anymore.

Your Korean is very nice. The Korean wave had struck me for quite some years, yet my list of known Korean words is no longer than yours. Keep up your good work. Maybe someday you can translate Korean articles for us

Quote Originally Posted by <3ssh<3 View Post
    I really want to go to Cheju Island...I fell in love with it while watching Summer Scent. so beautiful....Thanks for the translation, colette, did you translate it yourself? I miss uchi, too...haven't seen her in months
    I translated from a Chinese transcript and I'm Chinese so definitely nothing to impress about.
    btw, good luck with your term paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice/HEONg View Post
    What turned me on Korean dramas were the good story lines, beautiful scenaries and music, plus some talented acting. BTW, is the slapping of someone's face when one is mad/upset a common practice with Koreans??? I didn't grow with that practice and was surprised to see so much slapping, even parents to adult children? Yes, if I remember correctly, SSH had his share of being slapped.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!! GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!!!
    I love Korean MV backdrops, OSTs, too and handsome actors and actresses. I also like their fashion; it's sometimes too colorful and yuppy looking but very unique and cute.

I also think that there's a streak of violence in the Korean culture which's reflected in their MVs and dramas. I also heard about the abusive Korean men and the high rate of domestic violence in Korea.
    Yup, you remembered it correctly. SSH had his "fair" share of the "Han blow". For my recall, not counting the endless punches by men of his age, he was slapped by his girlfriend's mom in 3 men, by his mom in You and I, by his dad in AIMH, ... Man, no wonder he has crooked teeth. Oppa should wear his helmet next time he goes on screen.

Happy Chinese New Year to you too!!! Xin Nien Kuai Le!
    btw, You must speak or understand Cantonese from the way you "pronounced" ...
    "gung hay fat choy."

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Thank you for introducing me to the beautiful Macedonia.
    Wow, a country with pop. of 2 millions, only 1/2 the pop. of Los Angeles, yet there's over a dozen of languages spoken in Macedonia.
    So how many other languages do you speak besides English and Macedonian?

Yup, it's Uchikake who done most translations from multiple languages for us. Pretty smart and funny girl. We love the crackin' mad cap movie scripts that she invented. Too bad she hasn't stopped by here often anymore.

Your Korean is very nice. The Korean wave had struck me for quite some years, yet my list of known Korean words is no longer than yours. Keep up your good work. Maybe someday you can translate Korean articles for us
    Happy Chinese New Year!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mtholyoke.edu/org/chinese/potentialpic/chinese%20new%20year.jpg')

I wish you a lots of health, happiness and smiles, love, prosperity and a perfect New Year.

Well, since Macedonian is one of the group of Slavic languages category, I can understand almost every language which belongs to that category.
    Like, Serbian (Croatian and Bosnian are the same with Serbian,just small differencies), Bulgarian, a bit Slovenian, but not Russian or such. Russian is slavic,but hardly similar.
    But, I speak and understand Serbian (Ok, Croatian and Bosnian too) very clearly.

Greek and Albanian (even tho Albanian became second official language in here) I don't understand,neither speak. Just a couple of words, casually.

But from Latin languages, I speak fluently French and Italian, and some Spanish too.

Yeah, I know that population is too small in here. People just keep moving out.
    I'm still in high school, but believe it or not, I'm planning too to move to Western Europe.
    Go to university there and such, just like my brother did. He lives in the Netherlands.

But I'm visiting Asia, that's for sure!
    Last edited by Angel:); 02-05-08 at 10:23 AM.

Sorry for not being active on this thread for such a long time.
    I did not have any issue with my account on spcnet, but things have been very swamped on my end (I switched job and also moved).

I'm very glad to see some familiar names are still here, plus there's many more new members from different regions of the world.
    Welcome aboard Angel, Janice/HEONg, and all other new members!

Here are some photos shooting in Nov last year in LA with SSH words translated by CSH and TSH.
    When reading these words or poems, I'm not sure if I could understand what it is that Oppa meant to convey, except for that he seems to be a very soft and sensitive individual.

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR TO OPPA SEUNG HEON AND TO ALL!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://trulyseungheon.net/njs/products/ssh10c.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://trulyseungheon.net/njs/products/ssh10d.jpg')

(he looks very skinny in this photo)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://trulyseungheon.net/njs/products/ssh10e.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://trulyseungheon.net/njs/products/ssh10f.jpg')

hi jolee!! long time no see!! Welcome back, hope to see you around here more.

The backgroung pics are gorgeous!! I especially love the one with SSH and the dog. cute

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Thanks jolee!
    It's good to be here.

And glad you are back, good luck with your new job and new place of living.

Aren't there any news at all about the premiere of Destiny or Fate?
    How come, it passed pretty much time. It seems like they need a lot of time for organisation and promotion and stuff.

Hey <3ssh<3, how's at your place?

p.s Happy Lunar New Year to everyone too!!

I found something while reading PopSeoul! about that appearance of Oppa's in the Korean Instyle magazine.
    Seems that they've noticed something weird about Oppa's nose.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://popseoul.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/200802instyle_songseungheon.jpg')

Song Seung-hun slums it (if that’s possible) in the February 2008 issue of Instyle Korea. The uber hottie revealed that he gained weight (4 kilograms) after finishing up the movie, Crank up.
    No worries because no one can tell. Besides, a man has got to have some meat on his bones. Keep eating!
    But if he wants to lose anything, it should be that shrunken blue jacket and shaggy hair.
    Also, not too sure what it is - me or photoshop, but Song Seung-hun’s nose looks extra pointy. I hope that it’s been photoshopped….

Default Song Seung Heon

Thanks, jolee, for the welcome! Believe me, I have thoroughly enjoyed the thread. What a pleasure it has been to enjoy the English-translated articles and to see the fantastic collection of Song Seung Heon photos!!!! The interaction among the group members has been great! Uchikake's resume for SSH and her "map cap movie script" were awesome!!! It was great to learn what SSH was reading to his fans at his Japanese fan meetings. BTW, I know he had teary eyes while reading his message at one of the two meetings, but did he become emotional at the second reading as well (assuming that he read the same message at the 2nd meeting)?

Angel -- Wow, you've mastered so many languages!!! I envy you! Recently I tried to learn Mandarin, but now I have more or less given up.

Yes, colette, I speak Cantonese. I was born, raised, and now live in Oakland, CA. Even though I attended Chinese school, I can only recognize a word here and there in the Chinese subtitles, not enough to understand. Should've studied harder.

Hehe, thanks Janice. How's Oakland?
    I've got an uncle and aunt living in Ventura,CA.

Hey <3ssh<3, I found some backgrounds with that new obsession of yours!
    If you want them, let me know, I'll send them to you.
    You might want that new Oppa on your desktop!

p.s How's at your place? Being busy with school I guess?

And where did colette go?

Hey <3ssh<3, I found some backgrounds with that new obsession of yours!
    If you want them, let me know, I'll send them to you.
    You might want that new Oppa on your desktop!

p.s How's at your place? Being busy with school I guess?

And where did colette go?
    Sure! Send them to me plz!!!

Yep, busy busy busy...especially with New Year these days are especially tiring. And of course, shcool is never easy.

Colette's probably busy too...

I was just wondering, did anyone post full video of SSH singing "I love you"?
    All I can find is this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GFjrpGmpCe8

but it's really short, and I really would like the full version.

Quote Originally Posted by <3ssh<3 View Post
    Sure! Send them to me plz!!!

Yep, busy busy busy...especially with New Year these days are especially tiring. And of course, shcool is never easy.

Colette's probably busy too...

I was just wondering, did anyone post full video of SSH singing "I love you"?
    All I can find is this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GFjrpGmpCe8

but it's really short, and I really would like the full version.
    You're right, I miss you guys but I'm busy as hell with school. Have 2 tests tomorrow and still not ready for them yet!!!!!! It's tough to celebrate Chinese New Year with a burden of school works on our shoulders ... life is so unfair for us students!

btw, I may have the full video of SSH singing the song. I'll look that up tomorrow when the tests are over ... Rain check for now. Ciao.

I found something while reading PopSeoul! about that appearance of Oppa's in the Korean Instyle magazine.
    Seems that they've noticed something weird about Oppa's nose.

Song Seung-hun slums it (if that’s possible) in the February 2008 issue of Instyle Korea. The uber hottie revealed that he gained weight (4 kilograms) after finishing up the movie, Crank up.
    No worries because no one can tell. Besides, a man has got to have some meat on his bones. Keep eating!
    But if he wants to lose anything, it should be that shrunken blue jacket and shaggy hair.
    Also, not too sure what it is - me or photoshop, but Song Seung-hun’s nose looks extra pointy. I hope that it’s been photoshopped….
    Hmm, Oppa's new style certainly doesn't meet the taste of this PopSeoul's blog writer. But that's only his/her own personal opinion and cannot speak for the rest.

Though he can gain a few more pounds, I thought his new style looks very cool and young.
    About his nose, with Oppa's loosing weight during the shooting of Fate because of his vigorous working and exercise schedules, his facial features probably become more defined and noticeable. Or is this person implying he undergone cosmetic surgery? I thought his nose looks nice.

(Photos and translation from TSH)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://seungheonplanet.net/magazine/shp/instyle200802-01-shp.jpg')

During the shooting, SSH was so engrossed that even the staff had to hold their breathe. But when the bicycle (he recently likes to ride) which was used as a props was brought in, he immediately became mischievous.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://seungheonplanet.net/magazine/shp/instyle200802-02-shp.jpg')

An island called SSH
    Before his oustanding look, there is no need for any further emphasising words.
    Just describing him as an island floating in the vast ocean, drifting towards calmly,
    landing smoothly on the beach and taking a rest. How about that?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://seungheonplanet.net/magazine/shp/instyle200802-07-shp.jpg')

Kwon Sang Woo:
    "SH? Although I'm also a man, but I really find him very handsome.
    During filming together this time, I also felt that no matter how tired he is,
    he persists on exercising.
    Seeing his strict self-discipline, he must be a ferocious (determined) person. (laugh)"

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://seungheonplanet.net/magazine/shp/instyle200802-08-shp.jpg')

Photograher Kim:
    "After his army discharge, I went with him to Italy for <Taeyang> photography.
    There was a very scenic place but we couldn't get photography approval pass.
    The group of us were hesitating.
    At this time SH said to me 'just the two of us go in secretly to photograph.
    if we are caught, just say we are gay couple. and say that we are newly-wed.'
    With an outstanding appearance but an introvert personality, makes him one who is not easy to get close to.
    However once you get familiar with him, you will find that he is an amiable person, just like any ordinary guy of his age. I guess that is also his charm."

Jolee so nice of you to translate that!
    I got very happy with Oppa's new photos, I even saved some.

And no, I don't think he had any cosmetic surgery on his nose nore anything else, cause it looks exactly the same as the others photos I have saved in my computer from earlier. And from which I can clearly see his nose.

Oppa is so cool!
    He seems so disciplined, with his feet on the ground, and certainly not hot headed.
    I bursted out laughing about that with the gay couple. hahahaha

p.s What's with that photo where he stands on the chair? How could he do that without losing balance?
    Last edited by Angel:); 02-11-08 at 04:52 PM.

Guys, I don't know if you have heard the news, but Korea's number 1 National treasure burned down some day ago.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://popseoul.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/20080211namdaemoon.jpg')

[SIZE=5]Fire Destroys Historic Seoul Landmark [/SIZE]

Fire destroyed perhaps SeoulЎЇs most famous landmark on Sunday night when flames engulfed the Sungnyemun, more commonly known as Namdaemun or South Gate, the nationЎЇs no.1 national treasure. Thirty-nine fire engines and 88 firefighters rushed to the scene at shortly before 9 p.m. on Sunday. The destruction of a six-century-old national treasure is being blamed on the misjudgment of firefighters and inept attempts to bring the fire under control at the initial stage. At 10:30 p.m., firefighters believed they had extinguished the flames, but it rekindled on the second floor and engulfed the gate. A taxi driver identified as Lee Sang-gon said he saw a man entering Namdaemun with a bag in his hand while waiting for a fare. Ў°Several minutes later, a fire broke out on the second floor of the gate. I immediately reported it to police.Ў±

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://english.chosun.com/media/photo/news/200802/200802110011_01.jpg')Firefighters struggle to put out a blaze that engulfed SeoulЎЇs Sungnyemun a.k.a Namdaemun or South Gate on Sunday night. /Yonhap $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://english.chosun.com/new/n_img/article_box02bg.gif')
    Firefighters fought the blaze with ladders and fire hoses at 8:55 p.m. and by 10: 30 p.m. thought the fire was under control and focused on putting out smaller flames. But the blaze rekindled at 10:40 p.m. and burnt the roof out. It collapsed at 12:40 a.m. on Monday. At 12:00 a.m., firefighters belatedly tried to take the roof apart and douse the gate with water inside, but the effort failed and firefighters were reduced to watching the gate collapse while they sprinkled water around it at ground level.

Source: Chosun
    http://english.chosun.com/w21data/ht...802110011.html

And a video to remember how it looked.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL8GRqJRthY

No relation to our Oppa, but anyway I think it's a real pity.

Guys, I don't know if you have heard the news, but Korea's number 1 National treasure burned down some day ago.

No relation to our Oppa, but anyway I think it's a real pity.
    Oh bummer ... my condolence to Oppa's country!
    One less scenic for MVs and tourists! SAD

And no, I don't think he had any cosmetic surgery on his nose nore anything else, cause it looks exactly the same as the others photos I have saved in my computer from earlier. And from which I can clearly see his nose.

Oppa is so cool!
    He seems so disciplined, with his feet on the ground, and certainly not hot headed.
    I bursted out laughing about that with the gay couple. hahahaha
    I don't think it's cosmetic surgery either. Or if it is, he must have done it long long time ago, because except for his weight up/down, his hair and style, he looks pretty much the same to me otherwise ever since I came to know of his existence.

Agree. Oppa has very good sense of humor. His "gay couple" joke is very bold and cute. I laughed hard too

Nah, no way he did it, I could bet.

Seriously, I don't think so at all. Judging after his character, I don't think he'd ever dare to do something like that. He seems like a serious and down to Earth guy.

For myself,I might be or sound oldfashioned, but I just don't accept plastic surgery except in forced or obligated circumstances.

Anyway, do Koreans celebrate St. Valentines?
    I mean, does Oppa celebrate Valentines-day?