Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168169170171172173174175176177178
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 3560

Thread: Song Seung Heon

Had always hoped SSH & SHK would become a couple, but I'm defnitely OK with HB & SHK. I still enjoy watching AIMH.

Read what The Korea Times has to say:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/news/090805_p17_couple.jpg')
    Hyun Bin and Song Hye-kyo
    By Han Sang-hee
    Staff Reporter

Hyun Bin and Song Hye-kyo, the starring duo in the drama “Worlds Within,” have become a real couple off-screen.

According to Hyun’s agency, A.M. Entertainment, the two 27-year-olds developed into a couple two months ago, after spending time as friends on and off the set of last year’s KBS drama.

The program received poor ratings, but made headlines because it starred the young hallyu stars and was backed by famous screenwriter Noh Heekyung.

The two actors portrayed drama producers struggling to create the perfect soap opera, while still maintaining their relationship. Despite the ratings, the series garnered fans who enjoyed watching the couple and appreciated Noh’s realistic storyline and script.

Hyun is currently filming the drama “Friends, Our Story,” while Song is taking time off to look for her next project. Hyun, who made his debut in 2003 with the television drama “Bodyguard,” became a household name in Korea with the drama “My Lovely Sam-soon” in 2005.

The picky, yet cute, character touched other Asian fans as well, placing him onto the roster of hallyu stars. Song entered the entertainment business when she was 15, through the 1997 television series “Wedding Dress.”

Starring in various films and dramas, she became famous around Asia for her work in the popular series “Full House,” which she starred in with singer and actor Rain.
    Last edited by Janice/HEONg; 09-07-09 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks Janice!
    Yep, the news is very exciting indeed. I loved both the stars. It's good to see them getting paired up. Can't imagine what their offsprings would look like, totally awesome! Wish Oppa would find someone and produce a few 'Mini Oppas'! Hee hee

Yes, I'm happy for them but still think SHK & SSH would have made a beautiful couple. I wonder do they still keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by maskofchina View Post
    Thanks Janice!
    Yep, the news is very exciting indeed. I loved both the stars. It's good to see them getting paired up. Can't imagine what their offsprings would look like, totally awesome! Wish Oppa would find someone and produce a few 'Mini Oppas'! Hee hee
    "Mini Oppas" -- But, will we ever get to see pictures of them? Has anyone seen pixs of KSW's infant son? SSH indicated in an interview that when KSW showed him his son's pixs, he (SSH) felt jealous. In his recent "W" magazine interview, SSH indicated he doesn't usually buy souvenirs but did so while in Japan for his "nephews." Sounds like he's indeed ready for "Mini Oppas."

Apparently, since finishing EOE, Oppa has done photoshoots, commercials, interviews and traveled to New York, Australia, Japan, China and Hawaii, etc. I'm really surprised that none of his EOE co-stars went with him to promote EOE -- not even Lee Yeon Hee!??! He has so much star power, he can do it alone!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://popseoul.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/songseunheon_090721.jpg')
    Arriving at Narita Airport to promote EOE airing in Japan.

Here's an interesting write-up by Darcy Paquet (journalist, film critic) re: LYH's performance in the movie "Hello Schoolgirl," which she did before EOE:

"As for Lee, let me just say that I think there is something completely extraordinary about this young performer. It's not that she is a consistently good actress -- in fact, some of her performances on TV have drawn ridicule. It may turn out that she has a fairly limited range as an actress. But apart from acting ability, there is also that thing called screen presence, and this just seems to be woven into her DNA. In front of the camera she is a force of nature, and it is a particular treat to see her in a film like this that so highlights her strengths."

Taking advantage of rock-bottom flight & hotel prices, my siblings and I did visit New York for the 3rd time. Highlights included Koreatown where we checked out K-dramas at Koryo Books, walked the Brooklyn Bridge at midnight, had a great Korean lunch at Hill Korean Restaurant located near Columbia University, mingled with the mob at Grand Central Station, had SRO tickets for Westside Story, enjoyed a Nathan's hotdog at Coney Island, etc. The challenge was traveling totally by public transportations!

Looking forward to Oppa's next projects -- a "light-hearted" movie at year's end and a drama in 2010. SSH says he's looking over scripts. Can't wait!
    Last edited by Janice/HEONg; 09-09-09 at 07:16 PM.

For you who missed out.

Source: Popseoul!

The September issue of W will include interviews regarding his role on MBC drama “East of Eden” that concluded this march and what he plans to do next.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://popseoul.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/200908170849201010_11.jpg?w=500&h=644')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://popseoul.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/1250466068496_1.jpg?w=388&h=520')
    Last edited by Janice/HEONg; 09-08-09 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babygil View Post
    Yes, I'm happy for them but still think SHK & SSH would have made a beautiful couple. I wonder do they still keep in touch.
    Nice to "meet" you babygil! Yes, I also have wondered if SSH is/was ever in contact with his other AIMH co-stars, Won Bin or Han Chae Young. It's great to see all of AIMH main stars doing so well in their careers -- Won Bin in Mother and HCY in Boys Over Flowers as Ji Hoo's ex-girlfriend and as Jung Dong-gun's love interest in Good Morning, Mr. President. Of course, we can't forget Moon Geun-young's hugh success in The Painter of the Wind!

The Korea Times staff reporter Jane Han, on 9/23/09, wrote a lengthy article -- A Peek Inside the Celebrity Homes. See below for the end part where she mentions our Oppa!

Source: The Korea Times:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/img/special/koreatoday/090923_p14_peek2.jpg')

Besides the Gangnam areas, Bangbae-dong, Seocho-dong, Hannam-dong and Ichon-dong have traditionally been popular residential districts among local celebrities. But the fast-emerging favorite pick is Banpo ― more specifically, the newly built Banpo Xi apartments.

The state-of-the-art complex, which includes a fitness center and spa, is home to heartthrobs Song Seung-heon and So Ji-sub, and dozens of other middle-aged celebrities, according to real estate agents.

"The influx of celebrity neighbors boosted the apartment's promotion," said a realtor, who explained, however, that many residents don't enjoy having a star neighbor. "They don't want their privacy getting interrupted by fans."
    Last edited by Janice/HEONg; 09-24-09 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice/HEONg View Post
    Nice to "meet" you babygil! Yes, I also have wondered if SSH is/was ever in contact with his other AIMH co-stars, Won Bin or Han Chae Young. It's great to see all of AIMH main stars doing so well in their careers -- Won Bin in Mother and HCY in Boys Over Flowers as Ji Hoo's ex-girlfriend and as Jung Dong-gun's love interest in Good Morning, Mr. President. Of course, we can't forget Moon Geun-young's hugh success in The Painter of the Wind!
    Wow. You are so up-to-date with their works. I heard a lot of good comments about Won Bin in Mother, but have not seen the mv yet. The story line seems heart touched and worthy to watch.

I finally watched Fate last week. Have you or anyone watched it yet? I'm curious to know your opinion.
    Mine? I thought the movie is lame. I mean, if there's the same mv played by different main leads, I would never bother wasting my time. I understand SSH wants to play more action roles, but am still surprised to see the low budget and plot-less story like Fate being his top pick first project after the army. From the beginning to the end, if it is not senseless gangster fighting or swearing, then it is disturbing women treats that the mv brings to us. Then it ends abruptly with SSH's death for a super stupid reason. So what if it is a film noir genre. Even super hard core and violent flix by Danzel Washington and Al Pacino would have nice plots into it to make you taking side with the main cast. In this case, I watched Fate and thought ... hmm, they all deserve to die for their stupidity. I don't expect his work to be of Canne or Oscar quality, but this cheap level of production is very disappointed especially when I heard that oppa had spent a lot of consideration before selecting the project. Sigh!

Also, I kinda tired seeing oppa ragged. He's very muscular and all but don't you think his photos for "W" look very scary? Where is the clean-cut SSH? I long for it. Oppa, please show me your romantic and gentleman look as well.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It is just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by colette; 09-26-09 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maskofchina View Post
    Thanks Janice!
    Very nice to hear from you Maskofchina.
    Yah, I'm happy for Hyun Bin and Song Hye Gyo too. Such a beautiful couple! Hopefully this time, with their same age, the relationship will last a long time.

In "W" interview, oppa shared some of his thoughts on friends and girlfriends. Have you girls read it? It is here in TSH http://www.trulyseungheon.com/phpbb2...r=asc&start=45.
    I appreciate his honesty in the interview. I like the fact that he seems very genuine with relationship and I think he would make a wonderful father because he seems to love kids a lot. He also seems to love spending time drinking with his guy friends. I mean, there shouldn't be a problem for guys to hang together drinking once in a while when he is dating or even after married. But I could understand his girlfriends frustration when he said "When I was with my girlfriend, and my friends called me, I made her go home and went to my friends. It happened several times, she and I had arguments", because I would get mad too if it happens too frequent.

Anyway, I admire Hyun Bin and Song Hye Gyo coming forward to announce their relationship after a considerably short period of dating. Consider Korea entertainment industry and fan culture, that is a brave thing to do. They must be really IN LOVE. Good for them!
    About SSH, it is hard to believe though, that he hasn't been dating anyone for a long time. But I doubt though, if oppa will ever letting his fans know unless a marriage plan (... or a pregnancy) is already in place

Well, it's October 5th in Korea!!!

Happy Birthday to Song Seung Heon!!!
    Have a great day, Oppa, celebratinig YOUR day!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk128/tgpg/happy_birthday/022.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Wow. You are so up-to-date with their works. I heard a lot of good comments about Won Bin in Mother, but have not seen the mv yet. The story line seems heart touched and worthy to watch.

I finally watched Fate last week. Have you or anyone watched it yet? I'm curious to know your opinion.
    Mine? I thought the movie is lame. I mean, if there's the same mv played by different main leads, I would never bother wasting my time. I understand SSH wants to play more action roles, but am still surprised to see the low budget and plot-less story like Fate being his top pick first project after the army. From the beginning to the end, if it is not senseless gangster fighting or swearing, then it is disturbing women treats that the mv brings to us. Then it ends abruptly with SSH's death for a super stupid reason. So what if it is a film noir genre. Even super hard core and violent flix by Danzel Washington and Al Pacino would have nice plots into it to make you taking side with the main cast. In this case, I watched Fate and thought ... hmm, they all deserve to die for their stupidity. I don't expect his work to be of Canne or Oscar quality, but this cheap level of production is very disappointed especially when I heard that oppa had spent a lot of consideration before selecting the project. Sigh!

Also, I kinda tired seeing oppa ragged. He's very muscular and all but don't you think his photos for "W" look very scary? Where is the clean-cut SSH? I long for it. Oppa, please show me your romantic and gentleman look as well.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It is just my 2 cents.

It's great to hear from you, Colette! Thanks for your 2 cents worth!

I haven't watched Fate in its entirety except for trailers or whatever I've found on YouTube. Actually, my Korean movie viewing is limited mostly to whatever is available on www.MySoju.com. Make It Big (2002) with Oppa is coming soon on MySoju. Wow, that's really old stuff, but I haven't seen it.

Yes, I was taken aback by the W Magazine "hanging" photo. It just didn't hit me right. Was I seeing too much!?! Well, indeed, we get to see the muscular SSH! Yeah, the "ragged" look can take a rest for the time being; let's have more of the Min-woo/Jun-suh look!

Also, haven't seen Won Bin in Mother either, but am eagerly looking forward to seeing it. Well, next year is AIMH's 10th Anniversary. Wouldn't it be great if "they" had a reunion special with all our AIMH friends -- SSH, WB, SHG, HCY, etc. -- Song Hye Gyo can bring Hyun Bin along!!!
    Last edited by Janice/HEONg; 10-05-09 at 08:20 PM.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20091102n10191

Dong-gun, Won Bin, Song Seung Hun, four Korean emperor Event Promotion

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/do/2009/11/02/23836361.3.jpg')
    [Sports Dong-A]

Hallyu star 4-ins could gather under one roof.

Lee Byung-hun, Jang Dong-gun, Won Bin, Song Seung Hun and 'four Korean emperor, called the actor's performances this year is promoting the joint.

Japan's Tokyo Dome for two days that they reported the event to promote the middle, Lee Byung-hun, except for three people "who offered to participate hwakjeonghan true or not," a position that gwichu attention could be found seongsadoel.

Japan's popular these days, according to acquaintances of the Daily Sport is a joint event at Tokyo Dome, December 17, Korean Four Cards, Four of a kind 'will be held under the name column.

Daily Sport as well as "cold-ins in one place 4 stars for the first time the gathering was" said "nangdokgeuk and is planning," he said.

The four people mentioned in the press "in Japan from October gihoeksa large local parent who offered me the truth," he is OK, "but to step forward to be confirmed, but is not" is emphasized.

One official, "a significant portion of the sympathetic geoteneun jariran" "But preparation is somewhat tight deda forward to considering this only conducted one week before the event to happen was when the judge is too early days yet," he said.

Sports News [email protected] East heominnyeong

Another article similar to above posting:

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20091102n08907

Lee Byung-hun, Jang Dong-gun, Won Bin, Song Seung Hun, Dome daecheonwang event '4 'opens

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/nn/2009/11/02/200911021141351001_1.jpg')
    [Newsen wedding parties News]

The leader of the Korean Wave star 4-ins have an event at Tokyo Dome, Japan's largest venues in Article 2 of the Korean Wave in Japan and jipinda embers.

Lee Byung-hun (39), Jang Dong-gun (37), Song Seung Heon (33), Won Bin (32) December 17 at Tokyo Dome this coming 'miracle took place! Korean Four Card 'will hold the title of the event. People gather in one place 4 Star class event that this so-called '4 daecheonwang event, is expected to be.

Japan's Sankei Sports 2 days' Korean stars gathered at the Tokyo Dome, with the title of the article 4 of the top Korean stars who said news of the Tokyo event. The Sankei Sports Byung Hun fans "that will meet them," said the message would have liked.

Bae, Ryu Si, Choi Ji Woo, etc. have begun in recent years in Japan, Korean TVXQ, big bang, supernova, etc. The fact that music is mainly transformed. This situation can be called from the four daecheonwang Lee Byung-hun, Jang Dong-gun, Song Seung Hun, Won Bin is the event's co-star four-star actors for Korean boom in Japan, Korean market could double hwasikigo are believed to contribute to strengthened.

According to the Tokyo Dome event last four of the actors in the form of updates is expected to paenmiting penetration. Lee Byung-hun, especially the KBS 2TV 'Iris', as well as movies, I go with Rain ',' after a child group, such as beolyeotdeon year of active local promotions to fans that the event is expected to be another means.

Hi- Here's yet another article regarding the above two postings.

Source: The Korea Times

Hallyu Stars to Stage Special Show in Tokyo
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/news/091102_p15_jang.jpg')

By Lee Hyo-won
    Staff Reporter

Heartthrobs Lee Byung-hun, Jang Dong-gun, Song Seung-hun and Won Bin will take part in a special ``hallyu'' (Korean Wave) festival in Tokyo in December, Yonhap News reported Monday.

The event, to take place Dec. 17 at Tokyo Dome, will be directed by renowned Japanese writer-producer Yasushi Akimoto. The four actors will give a theatrical performance set to an audiovisual piece by acclaimed Korean director Hur Jin-ho (``A Good Rain Knows'').

The four 30-something stars, who are known to be good friends, are said to have initiated the project, wanting to do ``something fun and unprecedented.''

Lee (``I Come With the Rain''), who became popular in Asian countries through TV soaps such as ``All In,'' said he was was ``happy to meet fans through a special production before the end of the year.''

Jang (``Good Morning President''), who rose to stardom through appearances in dramas like ``All About Eve,'' and Song, who garnered local fans in melodramas such as ``Autumn Fairytale,'' said they were looking forward to meeting Japanese fans after a long hiatus.

Won, whose critically acclaimed thriller ``Mother'' recently opened in Japanese theaters, also expressed enthusiasm for the unconventional project.

The top stars will also introduce fans to their latest films and TV dramas and take part in an interview session.

Hi - See below. . . . Well, if Jang Dong-gun can surprise us, wouldn't it be great if our Oppa did too! Quoting colette's posting on 9/26/09: "About SSH, it is hard to believe though, that he hasn't been dating anyone for a long time. But I doubt though, if oppa will ever (be) letting his fans know unless a marriage plan (... or a pregnancy) is already in place. "

What a coincidence, recently I had borrowed "Love Song, Love Wind" from the library; JDG and Ko So-young appeared together in the movie. I enjoyed it!

Source: The Korea Times

11-05-2009 22:10Guess What! They've Been Dating for 2 Years
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/news/091105_2p15_guess.jpg')

Jang Dong-gun, left, a top movie star, and Koh So-young, have been dating for two years and may get married as soon as next month. / Korea Times
    By Kim Tong-hyung
    Staff Reporter

Their children will be so impossibly cute we might puke.

According to their representatives, actor Jang Dong-gun, voted the most beautiful male celebrity in a KBS television survey earlier this year, has been dating starlet Ko So-young for the past two years and marriage is a possibility. The couple, however, dismissed the rumors that their wedding has been set for December.

Jang and Ko met while the 1998 melodrama, ``Love Wind, Love Song’’ and became friends, according to Jang’s management agency, and have been a couple since 2007.

The country has seen its share of celebrity couples in recent years, with movie stars Seol Kyung-gu and Song Yun-ah tying the knot in May, and actress Choi Ji-woo, who may have a larger following in Japan than her home country, surprising her fans by announcing her relationship with Lee Jin-wook, a lesser-known television actor.

Actor Hyun Bin has been dating Song Hye-ko, his co-star on the 2008 television series, ``The World They Live In.’’

Still, Jang and Ko may be the most powerful celebrity couple as of yet, as the media will undoubtedly treat them as the Korean equivalent of ``Brangelina.’’

The 37-year-old Jang, who launched his acting career with the 1993 television series, ``Our Heaven,’’ is best known for appearing in hit movies such as ``Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War,’’ a 2004 film that remains as one of the country’s most successful movies ever, selling nearly 12 million tickets.

Jang’s recent movie, ``Good Morning Mr. President,’’ recent opened at local theaters.

Ko, also 37, gained popularity for her roles in several television dramas in the 1990s and early 2000s, and still draws one of the highest paychecks among actresses in television commercials. However, her movie career has been inconsistent compared to that of Jang, although her acting in the 1997 movie, ``Beat,’’ drew positive reviews.

[email protected]
    Last edited by Janice/HEONg; 11-06-09 at 02:20 AM.

What we''ve been waiting for -- SSH's next project!

http://www.chosunonline.com/entame/20091112000051

記事入力 : 2009/11/12 11:58:20
    ソン・スンホン、韓国版『男たちの挽歌』出演へ
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://file.chosunonline.com//article/2009/11/12/608996013745431236.jpg')

SSH, to cast in the Korean version of 'A Better Tomorrow'

Song decided the next feature films.

Actor SSH for Hong Kong movie『movie remake of A Better Tomorrow』 to cast in 『無敵者』, adjustment now proceed.

『私たちの幸せな時間』『力道山』director Song Hae-sung, and settled in the North Korean special agents defected and draw the events in the world of organized crime incite.

Original Chow Yun-Fat role played by Song Seung Heon.

I know very little about Hong Kong films except that my mother totally loved them. She would travel by public transportation to San Francisco weekly to rent them. Bruce Lee's films are somewhat familiar to me.

Here's some info about "A Better Tomorrow," the movie which is to be remade with SSH playing Chow Yun-Fat's character.

Source: LoveHKFilm.com

The Skinny:

If you don't know this movie, you don't know Hong Kong cinema. A Better Tomorrow is a little gangster film that became nothing less than a phenomenon—a multiple award winning, box-office smashing tour-de-force from John Woo that single-handedly changed Hong Kong cinema forever. In other words, it's pretty damn good.

Review by Calvin McMillin:

Every so often in film history, an accomplished director and a talented actor will become friends and team up for a variety of pictures, thrilling moviegoers in film after film. John Ford and John Wayne, Akira Kurosawa and Toshiro Mifune, and Martin Scorsese and Robert DeNiro are all good examples. A Better Tomorrow adds to that illustrious list, boasting yet another inspired duo: director John Woo and star Chow Yun-Fat. For John Woo, the film marked the revival of a then-sagging career. And while costar Ti Lung got a similar John Travolta-style career boost, it was Chow Yun-Fat who gained the most from the collaboration as he ascended from mere dramatic actor to a certifiable icon.

The plot of this 1986 film centers on the lives of HK gangsters Ho (Ti Lung) and Mark (Chow Yun-Fat), two triads living the highlife due to their involvement in a counterfeiting scheme. Ho's younger sibling Kit (Leslie Cheung) adores his elder brother, but before long the two become separated by their professions. While Ho's a slick crook, Kit's quite the opposite: a police academy hopeful with something to prove. Despite his criminal ties, Ho vows to walk the straight and narrow for Kit's sake, but is instead double-crossed on that proverbial "last job" and sent to prison. Adding insult to injury, Ho and Kit are horrified to find that a hitman has murdered their father due to Ho's shady connections, thereby creating a significant rift between the formerly close brothers. And though super-cool gangster Mark avenges his imprisoned comrade in a fantastic guns-a-blazin' revenge sequence, the deed comes at a price: Mark's leg is crippled by an errant bullet.

Time passes, but old wounds do not heal. With his chances for promotion shot straight to hell due to his brother's checkered past, Kit is a cop on a mission with a huge chip on his shoulder. In addition, poor Mark has fallen from grace in the organization becoming more or less a janitor due to his hobbling injury. On the other hand, Ho finds some luck in his life by getting a job driving a taxicab for a boss (Kenneth Tsang) friendly to ex-cons. But unfortunately, it would seem that Ho's relationship with Kit is irreparable. Even worse, former lackey Shing (Waise Lee) has become a crime boss in Ho's absence and has taken umbrage with Ho's adamant desire to stay honest. Angry at the snub, Shing goes after Ho's loved ones: Kit gets plugged (he survives) and Mark is beaten half to death. In the end, the trio form an uneasy alliance, fulfilling an earlier philosophical musing by world weary Mark. When questioned about the existence of God, Mark responds, "Yes, I'm one, you're one. A god is someone who controls his destiny." And with guns in the hand, they do.

What is perhaps most noticeable about the film are its principal themes of friendship and honor within modern society. In A Better Tomorrow, we encounter characters motivated not by cynicism and self-interest, but by love and mutual respect—a prototype of sorts for future films in the "heroic bloodshed" genre. While A Better Tomorrow may lack the gleeful intensity of its sequel's gonzo final act, in some cases, these so-called deficits actually work to the film's advantage. Devoid of much of the overdone "Woo-isms" that populate the director's later films (and have actually become groan-inducing clichés), A Better Tomorrow is a polished, resonant piece of HK filmmaking and an absolute genre essential. (Calvin McMillin 2002)
    Last edited by Janice/HEONg; 11-13-09 at 12:38 PM.

SSH'S great smile!!!

http://www.asian-hana.com/2009/11/2010.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/myssh/products/ssh_photobook2.jpg')

I'm wondering why this post is stopped at 2009. I fall in love with song seung heon this year. and really like to share more about him with you guys. ^^

woodside,same here I just got to know him after watching My Princess, and then keep watching Dr. Jin.

Song Seung Hun is soo hot! Wonder why it's so quite in here. LOL.