Page 21 of 178 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Song Seung Heon

Quote Originally Posted by maskofchina
    I completed my studies, I work fulltime now. Crazy about SSH but not sure what one can do with a disease like that! My colleagues think I am mad. They like Won Bin and Rain!
    Yes, I am Chinese, born in Hong Kong, studied in US. Some family member in Canada and some in US. I am on contract with a shipping line to work in a few asian ports but it is only for a few years. Not sure what is next. Maybe join family or get new contract. I can understand oral Mandarin and Cantonese.
    How about you? Are you born in US or from asia originally? Do you speak any chinese dialect?
    Is SSH big in your school or the city you live in? How do you get access to korean movies there?
    I am really pleased that he has fans all over the world. Which one of his work do you like best? I like him very much in He Is Cool, shows a lot of potential to take on diverse roles. I got tired of Summer Scent because of the weak plot and silly twists and turns to nowhere. I keep thinking they were using him as a reason to prolong the series. Did you enjoy SS?
    I was from Taiwan. Migrated to US with family at age 12. I can speak mandarin and some taiwanese.
    Several of us in this forum also live in the US, california bay area to be specific. Since there's a large asian community here, it's easy to find asian video stores. Or just buy what you need from ebay.
    Is SSH big here? Asian stars can't compete with hollywood's, so SSH can't be big in my school or the city I live. But amongst the asian community in the US, there's an upsurged demand for korean drama during the last few years. I'd say the phenomena is the same as how Hallyu is in the Asia. And I'd blame it on AIMH.

I've been rewatched lots of his works lately.
    I'd say I like AIMH's story the best. What can I say, I'm a real sucker for tear-jerking stories. SSH acting was a bit stiff but I love oppa, his gentle and mature image.

Many people dislike Summer Scent in this forum (because of Hyewon and draggy plots?). I think it's interesting, a love story with a haunting "kick" to it. SSH acting skill is improved a lot in SS. He displays an air of reckless, love-burnt, and confusion very well. Son Yejin is okay too in her role. Unlike the loveable Eunsuh of AIMH whom everybody felt sorry for, Hyewon character is controversial as she can be perceived with either love or hatred by the viewers. But that's none of her fault. I'd blame the director and script writer for it.

SSH is so cute in He Was Cool. I'm impressed too with his ability to take on a teenaged role so well at 28. And he can fight! But story is shallow.

None of SSH big box work is profound. I watched them anyway because of him.
    Heard he's been training his body hard in the army to prepare for serious acting when he comes out. I'll support him all the way.

Just wondering what is everyone's favourite hairdo on SSH?
    Short like in Lawfirm and Popcorn, long and curly like in Summer, gentleman look like in Autumn and Virtual Twilight, GI crew cut like now, or dark and long like in SadLoveStory/Cool Guy? What about weight? Very hunky like in Popcorn/A Day, or thinner like in Cool Guy? Tan or fair?
    Please share your favourite "Honey Look"!
    I like his Autumn look.
    Second is SS look.
    Don't like his hair in popcorn.
    Cool guy is too thin.
    Is he ever tanned? always looks fair to me.

Short like in Lawfirm and Popcorn, long and curly like in Summer, gentleman look like in Autumn and Virtual Twilight, GI crew cut like now, or dark and long like in SadLoveStory/Cool Guy? What about weight? Very hunky like in Popcorn/A Day, or thinner like in Cool Guy? Tan or fair?
    love:
    1. summer
    2. he was cool. best if: hair of he was cool + body of summer + dress like his trugen or intoin modeling
    3. autumn
    4. yakusoku
    5. army. he looks healthy.

hate:
    1. hair in popcorn
    2. he has this hair that i'm not sure in which series but it's not flattering at all.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photobucket.com/albums/c152/shplanet01/cheat/huilin/game_dvd1_huilin-1002.jpg')
    3. sad sonata. too thuggy + skinny.

what about you?

Quote Originally Posted by colette
    Heard he's been training his body hard in the army to prepare for serious acting when he comes out. I'll support him all the way.
    oooooh. sounds like we could expect a lean sexy machine in his next work?
    can't wait.

Don't mind his look in Sad Sonata, appealing in the bad boy sort of way. He looks good thin and mean, with long shaggy locks.
    But my favourite would be his look in A Day MTV. Looks so good in flight getup. Perfect complexion and healthy shade.
    He looked quite tan in Ice Rain, maybe from all the outdoor shoot.
    At the end of the day, he looks good.. FULL STOP.
    The pic is from YOU and I, agree it is a strange look. Can't imagine how anyone else can get away with a hairdo like that. Stylist must be having a bad hair day!

Thanks a lot, Uchikake. I'll try all that you have said and see if I become more computer savvy soon.
    Stalking, that's good. I've thought about it myself. You need the right clothes, I've heard that it's freezing cold up there. If the bullets don't get you, frostbite will. Not a pretty sight for SSH to come out of camp and see a frostbitten or multiple bullet-holed fan.
    A 'multiple bullet-holed fan'? If that happens, i'll make sure to spare my last breath for a piggyback ride with SSH first before drop dead. LOL. talking about a real 'tear-jerking' story here, this time, played by a SSH fan. Anyway, I'm obssessed, but I don't intend to bring my fandom to that whole new level yet. haha.

I would have thought he would be nice in real life, hard to imagine him otherwise.
    I'm really into korean food now. What about you?
    I have a gf who's also into korean food a great deal.
    She introduced me to chi ge, bi bim bap, kalbi, and bulgogi. Do you know that SSH's favorite is chi ge?
    Korean food is okay. My favorite is still Italian's and Cantonese'.

Many people dislike Summer Scent in this forum (because of Hyewon and draggy plots?). I think it's interesting, a love story with a haunting "kick" to it. SSH acting skill is improved a lot in SS. He displays an air of reckless, love-burnt, and confusion very well.
    love story with a haunting 'kick'? nice play of words!

yeah, the series starts off with real romantic, almost ghostly encounters between the two, lifted by the unexplainable heart beats and the aromatic sceneries at verdant locations. But the excitement weans off after the first few chapters and the story becomes harebrained with endless 'i'm sorry' from hyewon. Her role is just too exasperating to bear!

I got tired of Summer Scent because of the weak plot and silly twists and turns to nowhere. I keep thinking they were using him as a reason to prolong the series. Did you enjoy SS?
    I finished the series simply because of minwoo. His style change was refreshing -- sporty, yippy, sexy, totally abandoned the tragedic shadow of Junsuh in Autumn. His witty smiles and humorous conversation when they were casted in the mountain are just too charming. And he still did what he does best: exuding a feverish passion and gentleness for love -- the kinda things woman always wanted from a man. As usual, I got totally swayed by his teary eyes. Without him, the series would be worthless.

Don't mind his look in Sad Sonata, appealing in the bad boy sort of way. He looks good thin and mean, with long shaggy locks.
    agree. i actually like that 'wild boy' look and unstyled long 'locks', but prefer him a bit bigger, like in 'a day'. umm, the chest, the sexy chest, he should never loose it!

best for me is his fall/winter trugen look. like this ...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shplanet.com/~planet02/tr-2003w/tr-2003w-18.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shplanet.com/~planet02/tr-2003w/tr-2003w-21.jpg')

But my favourite would be his look in A Day MTV. Looks so good in flight getup. Perfect complexion and healthy shade.
    He looked quite tan in Ice Rain, maybe from all the outdoor shoot.
    At the end of the day, he looks good.. FULL STOP.
    The pic is from YOU and I, agree it is a strange look. Can't imagine how anyone else can get away with a hairdo like that. Stylist must be having a bad hair day!
    no kidding, why that pooffy bang?

The picture of SSH in red beanie cap and red sleeveless T striding along was great, where did you find it, Cocolico?
    You're right, he looks super. Hope you find someone just like him. If only we have DIY Cloning Kits for use at home!
    All we need is a DNA! Any ideas how we can get hold of a sample? Need to get close enough to him. Stalking!!! Here we go again.
    Anyway, pls post any other pixs you have which are not from movie, catalog or posters.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by maskofchina; 04-05-06 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uchikake
    She introduced me to chi ge, bi bim bap, kalbi, and bulgogi. Do you know that SSH's favorite is chi ge?
    pls tell me what's chi ge, bi bim bap, kalbi, and bulgogi?
    also, 'yakusoku' litterally means 'promise'?
    Last edited by seungheoney; 04-05-06 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seungheoney
    pls tell me what's chi ge, bi bim bap, kalbi, and bulgogi?
    also, 'yakusoku' litterally means 'promise'?
    - yakusoku (japanese): the hangeul verb is yag-sog '약속' means to promise.

- chi ge: very traditional dish. kim chi stew with beef or pork. there's also chamchi chi ge -- kim chi stew w/ fish. SSH said he misses his mum's chige the most while in army. i don't like it. it's too spicy and the soup has enchovy flavor! gives me such ... heartburn.

- bi bim bap: rice mix w/ vegetable & meat. sometimes served in a clay pot.

- kalbi: table grilled meat (beef or pork) served with lettuce. you'd see they eat this dish a lot in tvseries. this dish goes great with ... soju

- bulgogi: bbq beef (rib)

bon appetit!
    Last edited by uchikake; 04-06-06 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uchikake
    - yakusoku (japanese): the hangeul verb is yag-sog '약속' means to promise.

- chi ge: very traditional dish. kim chi stew with beef or pork. there's also chamchi chi ge -- kim chi stew w/ fish. SSH said he misses his mum's chige the most while in army. i don't like it. it's too spicy and the soup has enchovy flavor! gives me such ... heartburn.

- bi bim bap: rice mix w/ vegetable & meat. sometimes served in a clay pot.

- kalbi: table grilled meat (beef or pork) served with lettuce. you'd see they eat this dish a lot in tvseries. this dish goes great with ... soju

- bulgogi: bbq beef (rib)

bon appetit!
    yum. i'm hungry!
    this' great food tip to know. ya, i saw they eat table grilled meat a lot in tvseries, but don't know what the dish called in korean before.

that chige dish doesn't sound too good to me either. why would someone stew kimchi? i mean i like to eat plain kim chi with rice, but imagine kimchi in a stew soup. must taste very strong and spicy.

how did you learn your korean?
    Last edited by seungheoney; 04-06-06 at 02:26 AM.

that chige dish doesn't sound too good to me either. why would someone stew kimchi? i mean i like to eat plain kim chi with rice, but imagine kimchi in a stew soup. must taste very strong and spicy.
    Traditionally, the korean make huge batch of kimchi in the fall to prepare for the long, cold winter when there is no fresh cabbage. By spring, there are leftover of over-fermented kimchi and so the korean women get creative -- they make kimchi chige, kimchi noodles, kimchi pancakes, etc. So these are very traditional dishes.
    Kimchi stew w/ meat alone is actually quite okay. it's the anchovy flavored broth that scares me ... simply because i can't stand the taste of it.

how did you learn your korean?
    self-learning. my korean is by no way leave anything to be desired yet!

The picture of SSH in red beanie cap and red sleeveless T striding along was great, where did you find it, Cocolico?
    You're right, he looks super. Hope you find someone just like him. If only we have DIY Cloning Kits for use at home!
    All we need is a DNA! Any ideas how we can get hold of a sample? Need to get close enough to him. Stalking!!! Here we go again.
    Anyway, pls post any other pixs you have which are not from movie, catalog or posters.
    Thanks.
    DNA cloned SSH!

ayayay! you're certainly bringing your fandom to a scientific level.
    please make sure to give your cloned SSH ... BIG SEXY CHEST and BICEPS.

hahaha. u guys r too hilarious

this thread is great! luv 2 read your posts. i mean u guys really turned your discussions into fun reading to brighten up the day.

in many other threads, ppl just post pics or repeatedly say 'oh, this and this is so stunning'. as if they don't have anything else to say. really boring!

sorri. i dont remember exactly. i was surfin 'round the net for his stuffs and stumbled on that cute pics. i'm not good at finding news on ssh like u guys, perhaps 'cause i dont know ani other lang but english.

btw. I'm chinese, or chinese-american you may say. I school fulltime, work part time, and ... think about SSH all the times.
    i know you live very close to me but what are you taking in school and which school, colette? youre not a high school student, are you?
    you sound too mature to be in highschool.

Quote Originally Posted by cocolico
    hahaha. u guys r too hilarious

this thread is great! luv 2 read your posts. i mean u guys really turned your discussions into fun reading to brighten up the day.

in many other threads, ppl just post pics or repeatedly say 'oh, this and this is so stunning'. as if they don't have anything else to say. really boring!
    i know exactly what you mean. i've seen some of those boring threads that you mentioned, and they even quarrel too. this thread is informative and fun. it's great to see all these supports for SSH even when he's in the army. Imagine how awesome this thread will get when he's back in the entertainment circle.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://space1005.com/fanny/gunwoo-capture.jpg')
    Last edited by colette; 04-05-06 at 06:29 PM.