Page 56 of 178 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3560

Thread: Song Seung Heon

  1. #1101
    Senior Member uchikake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colette
    btw, just curious: can you speak and comprehend when people talk in Korean or you can mostly read and write? From what I've heard, it's much harder to carry out the conversation because Korean talk very fast and the spoken language is very different from writing. Is it true?
    Can read and write but slow. Simple conversation is okay. I tried to practice my listening skill when watching Korean tv or mv, but it’s hard. Most times I prefer subtitles, or better yet, dubs. True, Korean talks fast and applies more “honorific” levels in conversation. Writing is usually monotonous in formality. Harder to listen to men. Oppa is amongst those with turbo vocal speed. Plus he always makes the “hissing” or “uh, ah” pauses then slurps quickly through his words when talking. Very hard for me to understand him. He has nice voice though.

  2. #1102
    Senior Member <3ssh<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uchikake
    Can read and write but slow. Simple conversation is okay. I tried to practice my listening skill when watching Korean tv or mv, but it’s hard. Most times I prefer subtitles, or better yet, dubs. True, Korean talks fast and applies more “honorific” levels in conversation. Writing is usually monotonous in formality. Harder to listen to men. Oppa is amongst those with turbo vocal speed. Plus he always makes the “hissing” or “uh, ah” pauses then slurps quickly through his words when talking. Very hard for me to understand him. He has nice voice though.
    very true...i just got his cd and i can't put it down...i'm always listening to it. he got such a nice voice... i also decided to learn korean cause of oppa and korean is stikingly similar to mongolian...and the writing is bit different but it's like they put apart old mongolian made new letters

  3. #1103
    Senior Member colette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: Oppa's education ...

    Such an arduous interview process you came up for Oppa, and a nicely composed resume too!

    Here is few more "proofs" of his quest for further education while on the jobs. Oppa sets good example for us all. See how studious he is:






    This one, even Son Yejin got mad because he chose the book over her?






    The engineer at work?


    ohoh, studied too much????
    Last edited by colette; 06-21-06 at 09:45 PM.

  4. #1104
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uchikake
    Oppa is a real blessing fella. He got luck, love, look, money, fame, a troop of sworn brothers, and an army of fans to care for his health, future projects, and … his IQ.

    Guys, rest assured that Oppa is truly qualified for the Korean professor position at Oxford. Knowing how prestige the position is, a brain-jabbing interview was exhaustedly conducted (including days of mountain climbing in sleeveless shirts with heavy fans piggy-ridden on the back). Plus, to ensure equal opportunity, we scoured the world top who’s-whos for candidates. Amongst the finalists, there were also Arnold Schwarzenegger and Brad Pitt.

    Arnold failed immediately when we asked for the name of his state and he answered “Caniforn…nia”.

    Brad’s background looks pretty impressive. He claims to be multilingual because his wife adopted children from around the world. However, in considering his children names – Maddox, Zahara, and Shiloh, we were concerned if they are proper English or … misspelled (?)

    Oppa’s resume, on the other hand, is undoubtedly remarkable:
    - A proficient and Olympic-built swim instructor in 3men-3women (1996-1998)
    - An assiduous prosecutor/crime investigator in Happy Together (1999)
    - A talented art professor/painter of grieves in AIMH (2000)
    - head-of-class and hard-working lawyer in Law Firm (2001)
    - An adroit art director/architect/wall painter in Summer (2003)
    - Studied abroad (in US during AIMH, and Italy during Summer)
    - Went to … school … in 3men, Make It Big, Ice Rain, and Guy Is Cool.
    - A poet of romance (published numerous love letters to fans world-wide. Multiple editions sold out in JP).
    - Mastered the art of upside-down flower arranging (according to Maskofchina). Oppa promised (another promise!) to help transform every class rooms in Oxford to “Propose rooms”.
    - Cooked rice-porridge in Summer, Chige in AIMH, and Tokbokki in Ice Rain (This is a neat extra skill. Will come in handy when university cafeteria shorts of staffs).
    - Most important … Oppa speaks fluent Korean

    Oppa passed days of … senseless … I mean … endless … interview questions. The interview team finally were struck dumb and gave in when he … took off his shirt (just like what he did in Summer) and said “Now, I’ll let you do a close physical examination on me”

    Besides, despite dropping out of college, Oppa continues to learn while on the jobs. Look, he … READS ….
    Hear Ye Hear Ye. Totally agree with Uchi's indepth study of Oppa's achievements in academia. Well done, thesis was well reseached and supported.

    In addition, Oppa's now a fully trained military personnel, with Rambo skills and physique to match.
    Any time his country is in need of talented men, Oppa can offer his service in a wide range of capacity ranging from cook , swimming coach, flower arrangement, lean and mean fighting machine, all the way to scholarly university professor. Truly a national treasure.
    A National Treasure that should not be restricted to just S.Korea.
    I propose that Oppa be "internationalised" for global good and advancement. Countries can apply for an exchange programme.
    For example, England and S.Korea can have one year exchange, Oppa for...ehhhh... the Queen of England??
    USA can trade Arnie and parts of Ca-ni-fornia. India can send a contingent of Bollywood stars as a trade-off. China can pledge sections of the Great Wall. Iceland can trade some ice blocks, and the Al-Qeada can trade Bin Laden. This way, Oppa's presence and talents can be shared across the world! All in the name of world peace, love and harmony.
    Last edited by maskofchina; 06-21-06 at 10:25 PM.

  5. #1105
    Senior Member seungheoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maskofchina
    Hear Ye Hear Ye. Totally agree with Uchi's indepth study of Oppa's achievements in academia. Well done, thesis was well reseached and supported.

    In addition, Oppa's now a fully trained military personnel, with Rambo skills and physique to match.
    Any time his country is in need of talented men, Oppa can offer his service in a wide range of capacity ranging from cook , swimming coach, flower arrangement, lean and mean fighting machine, all the way to scholarly university professor. Truly a national treasure.
    A National Treasure that should not be restricted to just S.Korea.
    I propose that Oppa be "internationalised" for global good and advancement. Countries can apply for an exchange programme.
    For example, England and S.Korea can have one year exchange, Oppa for...ehhhh... the Queen of England??
    USA can trade Arnie and parts of Ca-ni-fornia. India can send a contingent of Bollywood stars as a trade-off. China can pledge sections of the Great Wall. Iceland can trade some ice blocks, and the Al-Qeada can trade Bin Laden. This way, Oppa's presence and talents can be shared across the world! All in the name of world peace, love and harmony.
    good trading suggestion!
    oppa as a globally exchanged commodity? cool. i'll trade my huggy pillow for him anytime if he doesn't think it's too little.

    imagine oppa comes back with massive growth in his breadth of knowledge after years in globally exchange program. more career advancement: he can go for Oxford's chancellor position instead of the humble korean professor.

    he can also make MVs while being traded everywhere: with prince Charles in Le Divorce 2, exterminating with Arnie in Terminator 4, marching the Great Wall with Jet Li in Hero 2, eating curry, kelele dancing, and starting another version of Bend It Like Beckham in bollywood, figure iceskating with Michelle Quan in Iceland, ... and do WHAT with the Al Qeada? bombing N.Korea?

  6. #1106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    259

    Default

    I like this guy since I got to watch him in He Was Cool. He's great in that movie. I just want to know if he's married or single?

  7. #1107
    Member cocolico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seungheoney
    good trading suggestion!
    oppa as a globally exchanged commodity? cool. i'll trade my huggy pillow for him anytime if he doesn't think it's too little.
    a huggy pillow for oppa? u r a cheapo but smart trader.

  8. #1108
    Senior Member <3ssh<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willenette
    I like this guy since I got to watch him in He Was Cool. He's great in that movie. I just want to know if he's married or single?
    hey welcome to the SSH addiction! I"m pretty new here myself. To your question, he's single

  9. #1109
    Member cocolico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willenette
    I like this guy since I got to watch him in He Was Cool. He's great in that movie. I just want to know if he's married or single?
    he's still available. wanna be his girl fren?
    i wonder if he'd take application. anyway, get in line girl and welcome to this thread.

  10. #1110
    Senior Member seungheoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cocolico
    a huggy pillow for oppa? u r a cheapo but smart trader.
    cheapo? Iceland trades a few blocks of icebergs for him. iceblocks melt, my pillow doesn't.

  11. #1111
    Member cocolico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seungheoney
    cheapo? Iceland trades a few blocks of icebergs for him. iceblocks melt, my pillow doesn't.
    iceblocks wont melt in Hwancheon during winter.

  12. #1112
    Senior Member seungheoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cocolico
    iceblocks wont melt in Hwancheon during winter.
    but what good will it be? freeze to death a few enlistment soldiers?
    i thought your plan was to deploy HEAT PLOWER to defrost Hwancheon?
    change your mind now n decide to join the Al Qeada?

  13. #1113
    Member cocolico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seungheoney
    but what good will it be? freeze to death a few enlistment soldiers?
    i thought your plan was to deploy HEAT PLOWER to defrost Hwancheon?
    change your mind now n decide to join the Al Qeada?
    lol. use iceblocks to build Great Wall in Hwancheon, along de-militarized zone. will serve great as national defense boundary between N & S.Korea. durin summer it will melt ... but water is good for agriculture. plus, use water to fill a nice big pool for oppa to submerge endless hours in ...his tiny speedo. when winter comes again, trade oppa again for more iceblocks. repeat the sequel every year
    Last edited by cocolico; 06-22-06 at 12:13 AM.

  14. #1114
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seungheoney
    figure iceskating with Michelle Quan in Iceland, ... and do WHAT with the Al Qeada? bombing N.Korea?
    I really like the idea of Oppa doing a figure skating movie. Imagine Oppa flaunting his bulging muscles in skin tight lycra.
    Need to think of a plausible story line, something tragic.
    How about this..... Oppa's father was disgusted with the Korea War and emigrated to USA. He met and married Dorothy Hamill . Oppa was brought up by the well-loved Dorothy Hamill, the 1976 US Olympic gold medal winner in women's figure skating. As a child, Oppa trained in figure skating and becomes a rep for USA in the Winter Olympics. Need to decide to go madcap or tragic here. I am too tired to think of tragic story line, would need one of you to please help

    Not so thrilled with him playing Al Qaeda role, not much point to having him all covered in miles of fabric! Maybe he can play that role when he's old and has lost all his 'shape'.

  15. #1115
    Senior Member colette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    995

    Default Make It Big (continues)

    (bin PIN/HL)










  16. #1116
    Senior Member colette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    995

    Default

    (by PIN/HL)










  17. #1117
    Senior Member colette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    995

    Default

    (by PIN/HL)










  18. #1118
    Senior Member colette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cocolico
    lol. use iceblocks to build Great Wall in Hwancheon, along de-militarized zone. will serve great as national defense boundary between N & S.Korea. durin summer it will melt ... but water is good for agriculture. plus, use water to fill a nice big pool for oppa to submerge endless hours in ...his tiny speedo. when winter comes again, trade oppa again for more iceblocks. repeat the sequel every year
    Your proposal sounds so sad. Please don't trade my Oppa for an icy great wall that will melt in summer There should be enough men in Korea to defense the country, why only Oppa to sacrifice?

    I propose to keep Oppa in his country to make stronger Hallyu wave (Hallyu tsunami?) and to have fans around the world go mad dreaming . S.Korea's popularity and economy will boom that way, and they can win the war peacefully by money instead of by fighting.

  19. #1119
    Senior Member <3ssh<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    479

    Default

    One weird question I just had to ask!
    Is Oppa 100% Asian? To me he looks like 1/4 Hispanic or something. What do you all think? Just out of curiousty

    ps. colette, keep the MIB caps coming, they're awesome!

  20. #1120
    Senior Member seungheoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by <3ssh<3
    One weird question I just had to ask!
    Is Oppa 100% Asian? To me he looks like 1/4 Hispanic or something. What do you all think? Just out of curiousty

    ps. colette, keep the MIB caps coming, they're awesome!
    nah. i thought it's Won Bin who looks hispanic with his deep set-in double lid eyes and shapy lips.
    both oppa's parents are 100% asian i heard. i thought oppa looks very ... korean. his eyes are big but they're nearly single-lid. someone posted a photo of his mom on this thread before. oppa resembles his mom somewhat.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-19-07, 06:16 AM
  2. Favorite Theme Song/Ending Song Video
    By redfirefly124 in forum Global Series Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-11-07, 03:50 PM
  3. LEE SEUNG GI!!!
    By mini_mouse in forum Actors
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-06, 03:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •