Page 65 of 178 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3560

Thread: Song Seung Heon

Default Would you rather see a sad, happy, or ambiguous ending for AIMH?

Quote Originally Posted by seungheoney
    great news! AIMH is my favorite too. it's such a classic. SSH, SHG, and WB made their names by this series. in facts, in my family, ppl still referring to SSH as Junsuh, SHG as Eunsuh, and WB as Taesuk instead of their real names. i sure hope this trio will star again in the remake, but please change the ending to something a bit more happy. it's my wish for Junsuh and Eunsuh to be together and alive. orig AIMH made my heart sunk for days after the series ended. don't want to relive the mourning experience again.
    I'm happy to hear about the remake of AIMH too. Pray that the same trio SSH-SHG-WB will replay again. Dont care about the rest of the casts.

Do you think AIMH would have such popularity if it wasn't for its SAD contents?
    When watching AIMH, I wished and wished that Junsuh and Eunsuh would end up happily together and alive. But then I think the drama would not leave so much memorable effects on me if the two are well and alive. AIMH is a really beautiful sad love story, so I thought the sad ending was well done. It's a kind of Romeo-Juliette type of ending where 2 passionate lovers could not find their peace together except for in death. Junsuh's relaxing face and the fast-backward at the end when he was struck by a car also nicely convinced that it is as if their spirits had reversed the time, and finally found each other at the time and place where they were most happy -- their childhoods. I thought it was really beautifully done.

Also, in a way, it's kind of gross for Junsuh to marry to someone whom for 14yrs he grew up believing she is his own blood sister though.
    I wish PD Yoon would show more the transition in their feelings towards one another, how they fall in love while living apart. That way it'd be more acceptable to viewers to see a happy ending with the two marrying, dont you think?

What about an ambiguous ending? I thought an ambiguous ending like in Summer Scent is very neat. It inclines a happy twist but allows viewers to guess the future.

Let hear your opinion on how would you prefer AIMH to be redone?

Quote Originally Posted by chocoholic
    I'm happy to hear about the remake of AIMH too. Pray that the same trio SSH-SHG-WB will replay again. Dont care about the rest of the casts.

Do you think AIMH would have such popularity if it wasn't for its SAD contents?
    When watching AIMH, I wished and wished that Junsuh and Eunsuh would end up happily together and alive. But then I think the drama would not leave so much memorable effects on me if the two are well and alive. AIMH is a really beautiful sad love story, so I thought the sad ending was well done. It's a kind of Romeo-Juliette type of ending where 2 passionate lovers could not find their peace together except for in death. Junsuh's relaxing face and the fast-backward at the end when he was struck by a car also nicely convinced that it is as if their spirits had reversed the time, and finally found each other at the time and place where they were most happy -- their childhoods. I thought it was really beautifully done.

Also, in a way, it's kind of gross for Junsuh to marry to someone whom for 14yrs he grew up believing she is his own blood sister though.
    I wish PD Yoon would show more the transition in their feelings towards one another, how they fall in love while living apart. That way it'd be more acceptable to viewers to see a happy ending with the two marrying, dont you think?

What about an ambiguous ending? I thought an ambiguous ending like in Summer Scent is very neat. It inclines a happy twist but allows viewers to guess the future.

Let hear your opinion on how would you prefer AIMH to be redone?
    how would i prefer AIMH be redone?

- make Junsuh a stronger man to fight back his parents' nonsense that he can only have a brotherly relationship but not a love affair with a girl who has absolutely no blood relation to him whatsoever.

- make Junsuh a stronger man to rid of his clingy and selfish fiancee (Yumi?)

- ditch the parts where Junsuh's fiancee continuously checked into the hospital. 1 cancer infected girl per drama is more than enuff. there's no need to crowd around Junsuh with only sickly women.

- like you said, "tell me more" how the two converted their brotherly loves to romantic feelings.

- i dont mind sad ending but orig AIMH is too sad, every inches from head to tail. i got very tired watching 20 chapters or so filled with tears, then ended up with completely "no light at the end of the tunnel". have a heart to give the viewers a break or at least some hope. show less of the parts where Eunsuh is ... sloooowly dying. better yet, find a cure for her, bone marrow transplant or chemotherapy or whatsoever, but let she lives on. Or at least, have the two run away, elope and enjoy some happy time together for a while before killing off the main character or characters. maybe they should have a child so Junsuh can live on to grow the seed of love that they have together.

Hello everyone and welcome the new members.
    Islandgirl, I'm from Aloha state too (Oahu).
    It's been a while since I last posted on this forum. I'm very glad to hear about remake of AIMH and possibility of Oppa replaying in the movie too.
    Here is a piece of news I found from hancinema.net on Poibos' plans that involves Oppa.

(http://www.hancinema.net/korean-movie-news_4411.php)

POIBOS regularizes the export of culture content by attracting foreign capital

According to POIBOS (CEO Im Seong-geun) on Nov 9, it attracted 8 billion won of foreign capital to produce Hallyu culture content.

This attraction of foreign capital can be exercised after one year as it is the BW (bond with warrant) by the way of foreign subscription. It is due on 15th Nov. 2010, of which expiration interest is 3%, and it will be managed by Shinyoung Securities Co.,Ltd.

POIBOS is going to make four to five TV series and two to three movies to regularize the export of Hallyu culture content. The sales are expected to be around 100 billion won which would be three to four times more than this year.

POIBOS took over Culture Cap Media recently that is going to produce TV series and movies with home well-known players under its daughter company GM Entertainment. A Hallyu icon, actor Song Seung-heon, will appear in those works after he comes back to the entertainment world.

CEO Im said, "It is highly evaluated in Japan and East-south Asia that TV series "Sad Love Story" and its recent work "Princess LuLu" showed POIBOS' potential growth and profits possibility on drama production". And "Series and Hallyu content business in the future by POIBOS will be strengthened", added he.

POIBOS raised the sales of about 5 billion won only at home from "Princess LuLu" co-poduced with Kim Jong-hak Productin Inc. and it led to conclude a copyright contract in 940 thousand dollar with Hong Kong Star TV.

The Source : Koreacontent News Team

Default Some old news about SSH's Even After 10 Years

3-28-05~ SSH's "After Ten Years" selected for CF

source: http://news.paran.com/entertainment/...7%E5&s_start=0 (http://news.paran.com/entertainment/...7%E5&s_start=0)

chinese translation by SH Planet (melody)
    chinese=>english translation by TSH

송승헌 노래 ‘십년이 지나도’ CF 배경음악 사용
    SSH's song "After Ten Years" selected by TV commercial

Although currently serving army, SSH's voice will appear in a TV commerical.

Before enlistment, SSH recorded the song "After Ten Years" which will now appear in a TV commercial. SSH's managing company Poibos announced on 28/3 that SSH's "After Ten Years" was selected as background song for LG Men's Fashion TNGT brandname TV commercial. The price paid for using the song is not revealed, but it is expected to be the highest in the industry.

"After Ten Years" was the most popular soundtrack in MBC's TV drama "Sad Love Song". Since it was made public in end 2004, it has been one of the top songs in many music websites as well as mobile phone downloads. In Japan, SSH's rising popularity has brought upon a record sales of 50,000 copies of SLS OST (featuring "After Ten Years"), making headline news. LG Men's Fashion brand TNGT has also selected Japan's local top model to film this commercial.

Currently serving the artillery unit 15, SSH showed fitness and well in front of his fans during his 100-day vacation in end Feb.

================================

source: http://news.paran.com/entertainment/...7%E5&s_start=0 (http://news.paran.com/entertainment/...7%E5&s_start=0)

SSH's Power: SSH's voice raises the popularity of the CF

SSH's SLS soundtrack "After Ten Years" was selected as LG Fashion Men's Wear TNGT (www.tngt.co.kr) TV commercial. The commercial was first shown on TV on 16 March and due to SSH's popularity, the commercial was well received. The commercial talks about two long story and was a refreshing combination with Japan's top model.

SSH's spokesman mentioned that SSH's song and dramas are well received. At the same time he is performing well in the army.

=================================
    chinese translation by SHP (melody)
    chinese=>english translation by TSH

http://news.naver.com/news/read.php?...06&menu_id=106 (http://news.naver.com/news/read.php?...06&menu_id=106)
    http://imgnews.naver.com/image/090/2...1244568701.jpg

송승헌 '10년이 지나도' CF에도 떴네
    TV drama Sad Love Song's OST "After Ten Years" by Song Seung Heon selected by LG's TNGT as CF music raised attention

The CF launched on 16 March played "After Ten Years" as background music. The song which was recorded before SSH's enlistment was well liked by many fans. SSH's popularity is felt even when the drama has already ended.

After his enlistment, SSH is still getting much attention. His song "After Ten Years" has contributed a great deal in the drama. Now that the song was being selected for the CF music reflects his continuous popularity despite his enlistment to army.

--------------------------------------------------------

http://news.naver.com/news/read.php?...06&menu_id=106 (http://news.naver.com/news/read.php?...06&menu_id=106)
    http://imgnews.naver.com/image/117/2...13170300_1.jpg

송승헌 ‘십년이 지나도’, CF 배경음악으로
    Song Seung Heon's SLS OST "After Ten Years" selected as CF Music gets popular

Extracts:
    Initially there was concern that the song's sad theme will not match the fashion CF. However after the CF was shown on TV, it received comments that the song goes well with the CF contents.

Especially when this CF was first shown on 16/3, one day before the drama SLS's last episode, fans continue to be able to hear this soundtrack through the CF.

=================================

http://news.paran.com/entertainment/...7%E5&s_start=0 (http://news.paran.com/entertainment/...7%E5&s_start=0)

LG Men's Fashion TV CF, which has SSH's "After Ten Years" as CF music, was well received and impressed viewers.

SSH's song recorded just before his enlistment gets much attention when the drama SLS was aired. Now his soundtrack continues to be played in a TV CF, giving viewers a false impression that he is the model for the CF.

With the TV drama ending recently, SSH's "After Ten Years" continues to be listed on Top 10 and his OST album remains on Top 3 position.

... have the two run away, elope and enjoy some happy time together for a while before killing off the main character or characters. maybe they should have a child so Junsuh can live on to grow the seed of love that they have together.
    Hey, this is an interesting suggestion for the ending, a child, a memory of their loves to give Junsuh strength to live on. I like it.
    But "eloping", will the traditional viewers in Asia accept it? Junsuh and Eunsuh are portrayed as two spotless oriental souls, bounded by the confucianism of family and society. Will "eloping" damage their images?

Quote Originally Posted by chocoholic
    Hey, this is an interesting suggestion for the ending, a child, a memory of their loves to give Junsuh strength to live on. I like it.
    But "eloping", will the traditional viewers in Asia accept it? Junsuh and Eunsuh are portrayed as two spotless oriental souls, bounded by the confucianism of family and society. Will "eloping" damage their images?
    oh, gimme a break. korean and many ppl in asia are now much less conservative than u'd think. there's plenty of nudity, violence, u-name-it non-confucious additives in asian entertainment works.

in orig AIMH, didn't Junsuh and Eunsuh ran away several times together to various "honeymoon" locations? sure, they didn't "do" anything. they certainly did preserve their "confuciousness". good for them! but i was questioning the purpose of their ranaway then came back after a few days to fall into the same "dutiful traps" again. then why ranaway in the first place? while Eunsuh was ready to give everything up for love, Junsuh irritates me as a man who does not have the courage to fight for his purpose in life. he's done everything with "one foot in, one foot out": fought with his dad but then left with his family to US without Eunsuh, engaged to Yumi but not marrying her, ranaway with Eunsuh then came back as if nothing happened, ... i like the character of Taesuk better because he is much more decisive when it comes to love.

oh, gimme a break. korean and many ppl in asia are now much less conservative than u'd think. there's plenty of nudity, violence, u-name-it non-confucious additives in asian entertainment works.

in orig AIMH, didn't Junsuh and Eunsuh ran away several times together to various "honeymoon" locations? sure, they didn't "do" anything. they certainly did preserve their "confuciousness". good for them! but i was questioning the purpose of their ranaway then came back after a few days to fall into the same "dutiful traps" again. then why ranaway in the first place? while Eunsuh was ready to give everything up for love, Junsuh irritates me as a man who does not have the courage to fight for his purpose in life. he's done everything with "one foot in, one foot out": fought with his dad but then left with his family to US without Eunsuh, engaged to Yumi but not marrying her, ranaway with Eunsuh then came back as if nothing happened, ... i like the character of Taesuk better because he is much more decisive when it comes to love.
    Interesting discussion!
    Hmm, if all things equal, I do prefer emotional uplift and inspirational sermonizing, but I want the protagonist to earn it! Dimwitted feel-good comedies and saccharine romances, even when everyone ends up happily ever after, wouldn’t do much genuine shocks or delights either. I will accept a sad or an ambiguous ending, if it is cleverly done, and/or makes me think a bit.

So let put it this way, I do not like BAD movies with BAD endings.
    Any ending should be a logical conclusion to the whole work, even when you may wish for a different outcome. A romantic comedy that ends with a bitter divorce is as unfulfilling as a Shakespearian tragedy that ends with a flamboyant wedding.

What I don’t like most is probably kdrama’s over-reliance on the oh-so-obvious and recurring twists. Twists should be something to treasure, unforeseen but reasonable.

Original AIMH is very heart-wrenching with the so-frequently-seen kdrama misfortunes: ill-fated girl, terminal disease, clingy/selfish/aggressive third person, indecisive/tormented lovers, filial abounded children/ controlling parents, … Enough is enough!

If they were to remake AIMH, it’d be hard to change the entire story but perhaps some of the repetitive ingredients.

I actually like the suggestions from seungheoney a lot: a stronger minded Junseo and perhaps an adventurous eloping life of the two that results in a planted seed of love – a child. Even in the event of Eunseo’s death, it’s meaningful for Junseo to brave on his life in cares for not just his parents but also his and her kid.

Hey, kudos to you seungheony!
    PD Yoon or Poibos or whatsoever should summon you to script for their New AIMH.
    If you do take this job, please don’t forget to add in some scenes where Oppa takes off his shirt … or other garments … to sizzle his fans. And SLOW MOTIONS, PLSSSS.
    I just realized that dumb old AIMH had all kdrama commonly seen elements but none of the HOT CHEST BARING OPPA that I love … soooo … much.
    Last edited by uchikake; 07-17-06 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maskofchina
    Many thanks, dear Uchi, for your being so generous with your time.
    Wish I have the determination to learn Korean as well.
    Maybe we should all take the lead from Uchi and spend a few hours a week learning simple korean phrases.
    Uchi, can you start a weekly session for us?
    Just simple phrases, maybe common ones used in k-dramas!
    Pleaseeeee......$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_31_7.gif')
    I’m bad in teaching and not so sure how to start the “sessions” either.
    I’d recommend to first learn reading Korean vowels and consonants, and how to Romanize them. Search google and you should be able to find some sites that teach basic Korean readings.

Common phrases used by Oppa or in kdramas?

This is Oppa SSH’s famous line in Summer Scent’s Bimil (secret) OST (the song with the thump-thump heartbeats):

“dang shi neul bo myun na bo da eun jeo ga seum i ttwim ni da i ge sarang i jyo”
    (I always love you just the same as the first day I met you)

Oppa also uses lots of these conjunctions or adverbs when he speaks:

ttaeraseo = therefore
    geuraeseo = so
    geureona = but
    jigeum = now (there’s many ways to say “but” and “now”. But Oppa usually uses “geureona” and “jigeum”. It makes his talking very soft)
    geuttae = at that time.

And when he greets someone, he always says:
    “annyong, SSH imnida” (hello, it’s SSH)

If you have some phrases that you’d like to learn, just post them, and I’ll try to translate whenever I can. No guarantee 100% correct though because I’m a learner myself.

Welcome back and thanks Jolee for the articles on "After 10 Years" song.
    Do you happen to have clip of that CF?

(by PIN/HL)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071048.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071049.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071050.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071051.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071052.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071053.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071054.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071055.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071056.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071057.jpg')

(by PIN/HL)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071060.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071061.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071062.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071063.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071064.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071065.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071066.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071067.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071068.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071069.jpg')

(by PIN/HL)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071070.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071071.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071072.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071073.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071074.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071075.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071076.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071077.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071078.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071079.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by uchikake
    PD Yoon or Poibos or whatsoever should summon you to script for their New AIMH.
    If you do take this job, please don’t forget to add in some scenes where Oppa takes off his shirt … or other garments … to sizzle his fans. And SLOW MOTIONS, PLSSSS.
    I just realized that dumb old AIMH had all kdrama commonly seen elements but none of the HOT CHEST BARING OPPA that I love … soooo … much.
    no sweat! there'll be plenty of hot oppa scenes for u if i'll be the 1 to script for new AIMH.

btw, is it "Junsuh and Eunsuh" or "Junseo and Eunseo" (ssh & shg's roles in AIMH)?

haha ...this will def. get more people to watch the new movie
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/5168/song2yi3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/3274/song3mo0.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by <3ssh<3
    haha ...this will def. get more people to watch the new movie
    lol. of course, Oppa needs frequent showers $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_10_1.gif')to rid of viruses after staying around too many disease infected women

Quote Originally Posted by colette
    Welcome back and thanks Jolee for the articles on "After 10 Years" song.
    Do you happen to have clip of that CF?
    TNGT spring/summer 2005 CF clip with "After 10 Years" (expired in 7days)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...7083A7333335D2

btw, is it "Junsuh and Eunsuh" or "Junseo and Eunseo" (ssh & shg's roles in AIMH)?
    In hangeul, SSH's & SHG's roles in AIMH are "윤 준 서" and "윤 은 서".
    According to Jamo MCT (Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Korea's standards for pronunciation), these names should be romanized as "Yun Jun Seo" and "Yun Eun Seo".

Unfortunately, not everyone strictly follow Jamo MCT (including me
    ), so sometimes you'd see these names romanized in other forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandgirl04
    Has anyone on this forum ever sent him fan mail or packages? If so, where do you send them to? Can you give me an address or email? Mahalo in advance!!
    Oppa's contact info found from HLJ. No guarantee your mail/pkg will reach him though. Good lucks and have fun stalking, everyone!

GM LYK's email: [email protected] (this is more of a best bet).

GM Entertainment
    Address: GM Bldg. 627-16 Sinsa-dong, Kangnam-ku, Seoul, Korea, Zip Code:135-895
    Tel: 002-82-2-564-0850
    Fax Number:002-82-2-546-4993

Poibos Entertainment
    Address: E-dong 3rd floor, Lafesta #763 Janghang-dong, Ilsan-ku, Koyang-city, Kyonggido, Korea, Zip Code: 411-837
    Tel: 002-82-2-3015-8392
    Fax Number: 002-82-2-544-6987

Uchi, thank you for sharing the TNGT CF clip, korean lessons, and Oppa's contact addresses.
    The web becomes even more informative when you know multi-languages. It's a great privilege to have a very talented person like you on board!

It's very nice to see "After 10 years" gets so popular. I don't see how they could mistaken the model for Oppa though. They don't look alike at all.

ooo... Thanks uchikake for sharing the TNGT CF clip and oppa's contact address...

and thanks <3ssh<3 for sharing the hot pic of oppa.... *melts* *faints*
    I Love Korea... I Love RAIN & Song Seung Heon OPPA !!

Default SSH's Japan Official Fan Club

It turns out that the official fan club in Japan http://www.seungheon.jp/ which launched on July/11 is owned and operated by SSH's GM Company for commercial purpose. This fan club has its own copyright/legal entity and no affiliation with HoneyLang Japan. HLJ members seem to have taken by surprise with the birth of this official fan site. As of this point, HLJ and this official fan club will co-exist in Japan and there's no plan to merge.

It's interesting to see the pattern of efforts that Oppa's GM Company untertakes to promote his career in Japan in preparing for his come back: 2 managers and an official fan club owned by GM. Looks like Oppa is valued highly by Poibos.

The Japan official fan club has tons of never-seen-before pics of Oppa. Stop by and see ...

(sampling)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photobucket.com/albums/v332/njstar1005/SSH/sshjapanbanner.jpg')

(by PIN/HL)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071501.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071502.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071503.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071504.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071505.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071506.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071507.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071508.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071509.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://uniece.cafe24.com/la-071510.jpg')