Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wang Lee Hom

Default Wang Lee Hom

Hi, I just want to ask you do you know anything about Wang Lee Hom and do you have any pics of him?

Birth name: Alexander Wang Lee Hom
    Born May: 17, 1976
    Origin: Rochester, New York, United States

Discography:

Mandarin
    1995: Love Rival Beethoven (情敵貝多芬 )
    1996: If You Hear My Song (如果你聽見我的歌 )
    Missing You (好想你 )
    1997: White Paper (白紙 )
    1998: Revolution (公轉自轉 )
    1999: Impossible to Miss You (不可能錯過你 )
    2000: Forever's First Day (永遠的第一天 )
    2001: The One and Only (唯一 )
    2003: Unbelievable (不可思議 )
    2004: Shangri-la (心中的日月 )
    2005: Heroes of Earth (蓋世英雄 )
    2006: Heroes of Earth Celebration Edition (蓋世英雄 )
    2006: Heroes of Earth Live Concert DVD+CD

Japanese
    2003: The One and Only
    2004: Hear My Voice
    2004: Dream Again

Compilations
    1998: Good LeeHom Compilation
    2001: Leehom Music Century
    2002: Evolution (王力宏的音樂進化論)

Filmography

2007: Lust, Caution
    2005-2004: Starlit High Noon
    2002: Moon Child
    2001: The Avenging Fist
    2000: China Strike Force
    2000: Ashes to Ashes: Against Smoking
    1999: The Iron Giant

i cbf uploading a picture!
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

Is there any pixs of him. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123
    Is there any pixs of him. Thanks for the info.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://powersugoi.net/tingdong/artists/8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.xiu-rong.com/~movie/leehom/leehom4.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.promax.co.jp/leehom/img/photo.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/del14yu/Wang%20Lee%20Hom/wanglihong_005.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/a/a0/200px-Leehom1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photos.friendster.com/photos/99/08/28038099/26855493713698m.jpg')
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

I know he's extremely talented and musical, but there's just something I don't like about him. Too much awareness and arrogance about his looks. You can be proud of talent, but please don't be narcissistic.

::scratches head:: He doesn't seem narcissistic or proud to me. Though I do agree that there is some unidentifiable characteristically un-sexy quality about him. I also feel that he has an awareness about himself but I'm not sure if it stems from arrogance or painful self consciousness. Well, anyway what do I know? I only look at him from time to time and like some of his songs LoL

He does make quite a compatible looking partner with Liu Yi Fei...because they are both so tall.
    Last edited by ByTmE; 08-25-10 at 01:47 PM.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    ::scratches head:: He doesn't seem narcissistic or proud to me. Though I do agree that there is some unidentifiable characteristically un-sexy quality about him. I also feel that he has an awareness about himself but I'm not sure if it stems from arrogance or painful self consciousness. Well, anyway what do I know? I only look at him from time to time and like some of his songs LoL

He does make quite a compatible looking partner with Liu Yi Fei...because they are both so tall.
    I think it's the marketing company making him so....err...overly idolish lately. Other than that, I really like his songs LOL. Maybe it's because of the heated competition with Jay Chou. I was reading Jay turned up late for one of LeeHom Wang's premiere thingys with his entourage and insisted on only talking about his own latest album with the reporters, instead of commenting on LeeHom's movie. When pressed, he said it's just another love story movie. Then LeeHom didn't turn up for one of Jay's premieres.

It's idol war in Taiwan!

Have you seen "Love In Disguise"?
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-25-10 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I think it's the marketing company making him so....err...overly idolish lately. Other than that, I really like his songs LOL. Maybe it's because of the heated competition with Jay Chou, haha!

Have you seen "Love In Disguise"?
    Nah, I haven't seen it. Frankly, I'm not sure if I really want to see it either...something just bothers me seeing the guy [who is a kind a self stylized post graduate smart guy] pose as a Brother Sharp-type character pursuing a college age girl.
    I like me.

personally i love leehom. i love his songs, i think he's SO hot. lol.
    besides, if you watch his interviews and stuff he seems really down to earth and like a normal funny guy.

I'm going to watch "Love In Disguise" tonight and write a review. I actually like him a lot in talk shows, but his recent slew of fashion page poses in ridiculously floppy hair and gayish clothes is making me gag - so not his former style. His talent company ought to be shot. He's obviously straight, why make him look gay? Ehw

I'm going to watch "Love In Disguise" tonight and write a review. I actually like him a lot in talk shows, but his recent slew of fashion page poses in ridiculously floppy hair and gayish clothes is making me gag - so not his former style. His talent company ought to be shot. He's obviously straight, why make him look gay? Ehw
    LoL! I will be waiting for your review then! hahaha take your time.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    LoL! I will be waiting for your review then! hahaha take your time.
    me too! i cant wait
    btw, how are you watching it? is it online? if so, i want the link please! thankyouu

Love in Disguise is just eluding me. At my usual favourite cinema haunts, it's not showing. But I'm definitely booking it this weekend.
    Here's a write-up from Singapore's Straits TImes about it.
    Aug 28, 2010

Wang Lee Hom the Director

By Elrica Tanu

TAIWAN-BASED pop idol Wang Lee Hom's first attempt at writing and directing a feature film, Love In Disguise, drew mixed reviews from critics but raves from fans.
    Film reviewer Boon Chan from The Straits Times called the movie 'self-indulgent' and 'a cringe-fest', giving the movie just half-a-star.
    'As a comedy it didn't really make me laugh and as a romance, there was no chemistry between him and the female lead Liu Yifei,' he said.
    DJ Jianwen from Radio 100.3 gave the movie two stars and agreed that at times he felt like he was not watching a movie but a music video. He thought the movie seemed more like a promotional vehicle for Lee Hom's new album, 18 Martial Arts, which was released on the same day as the movie.
    Movie writer Wayne Lim from U-Weekly was kinder with a three-star rating, saying the romance in the movie worked for him and commended Lee Hom's acting as 'natural'.
    19 year-old Leonard Chee, a Wang Lee Hom fan, defended the movie saying he found it an easy and enjoyable watch, and that he would recommend non-fans to watch the movie.
    In Love in Disguise, Lee Hom plays the lead role of Du Ming Han, a celebrity pop star who disguises himself as a normal chap to find true love.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-22-11 at 08:53 AM.

Here are some delicious pics of him Not as buff as Peter Ho but buffer than Yuan Hong and Eddie Peng. HEH!

However I'm not enamoured by the movies he has appeared in. I couldn't get into the LeeHom-LYF pairing in "Love In Disguise" and I never thought "Lust Caution" was a great movie despite Ang Lee's directorship and all the hype. As for music, I'm more into Korean pop

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/206/leehomwang.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/7863/leehomwang3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3976/leehomwang4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4585/wangleehom230.jpg')

I couldn't get into the LeeHom-LYF pairing in "Love In Disguise"
    I've yet to see LYF having any kind of chemistry with her leading men. E.g. in Chinese Paladin, I was rooting more for Hu Ge to be with Ady rather than LYF. HXM-LYF pairing was overly forced in ROCH2006. Jimmy-LYF pairing wasn't convincing at all in TLBB2003.

i liked love in disguise, though i do admit there was zero chemistry between leehom and crystal. which is sad, because they look hot together its probably the age difference (like, 12 years?). and i'll admit i'm just a *bit* biased, i probably just liked the movie cause leehom wrote/directed/starred in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i probably just liked the movie cause leehom wrote/directed/starred in it.
    The music was really good (although I still prefer K-pop, heh) but the plotline of the movie centered on the love chemistry which unfortunately wasn't there. I think Li Bing Bing or Barbie Hsu would have sizzled hot with LeeHom.

The music was really good (although I still prefer K-pop, heh) but the plotline of the movie centered on the love chemistry which unfortunately wasn't there. I think Li Bing Bing or Barbie Hsu would have sizzled hot with LeeHom.
    The thing with the right casting, it shouldn't be about how beautiful the leading man and lady are, but that extra X-factor which takes their coupledom that extra mile. I don't think Liu Shi Shi would've been anywhere as popular as she is now if she didn't click so well with Yuan Hong in LOCH08. She didn't have any chemistry with Peter Ho in Young Warriors, so however popular that series was, it didn't do much for her.

Personally, I didn't think much of Summer's Bubble and the characters were so annoying. Yet it became the hottest idol drama hit in Taiwan in recent memory. Why? It's all about Barbie's UBER-HOT chemistry with Peter!!

eh...i actually cant picture them with him either. idk what it is, maybe just the fact that he's so hot and i dont like associating him with women? lol. or maybe just im not used to seeing him as an actor paired up someone else. haha i dont know. but i think li bing bing wouldve looked to old to be a student...not so sure about barbie either

Quote Originally Posted by yangjia View Post
    The thing with the right casting, it shouldn't be about how beautiful the leading man and lady are, but that extra X-factor which takes their coupledom that extra mile. I don't think Liu Shi Shi would've been anywhere as popular as she is now if she didn't click so well with Yuan Hong in LOCH08. She didn't have any chemistry with Peter Ho in Young Warriors, so however popular that series was, it didn't do much for her.

Personally, I didn't think much of Summer's Bubble and the characters were so annoying. Yet it became the hottest idol drama hit in Taiwan in recent memory. Why? It's all about Barbie's UBER-HOT chemistry with Peter!!
    good point. lol. at first i thought she was kinda cute with Huang Xiao Ming, but then his character got clingy and annoying. and i find peter much hotter. they did make a hot couple

Quote Originally Posted by jassmine12 View Post
    I am eagerly waiting for it also..
    Love In Disguise DVD is out in the stores. I would recommend people to buy it for the great music (composed and performed by Leehom of course!) but the story is only so-so.