Page 10 of 178 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Song Seung Heon

Default Interview W/ SSH's older brother

Interview with ssh's older brother. Another long but interesting read found from HL. Unsure when the interview took place.

Transcript of Interview w/ SSH's older brother

info on SSH's bro:
    name: song kiong pok
    born in 1973
    studied in seoul university.
    now studying in cornell university in USA.

question by reporter would start with a dash '-'.

-where are you now?

in a lab. now im studyin for a master degree

-SSH once praised his brother at a fan gathering

[seem dun quite believe] really?!
    SSH would do that? haha

-dreaming to enrol into seoul univeristy, any secret for studying well?

oh, secret for study? i think one needs perseverance. or concentration.
    honestly, my brain is not that smart.
    [reporter complain: over humble will give negative feeling]
    no, it's real! i get frustrated at those smart ppl. i need 2 hrs to complete wen others need only half an hr.
    juz because of this, it make me more determined.

-oh i see.
    btw, this question many ppl interested
    rumored that SSH's bro is more handsome than him?

ahhaha!

-any personal view?

ha, my friends often say that. but i think they juz wanna make me happy.
    that's impossible. if so, wouldnt i be a celebrity?

-maybe, got a desire to become a celebrity?

haha, im short. so cant.

-so it mean u got confidence on ur looks?

haha, no~

-to be accurate, SSH's career start on 21th Oct 1996. what's e feeling wen first time see SSH on tv?

maybe because i was in e UK, so din watch much. and thus not dunno about SSH's popularity.
    one day when i was on a train in UK, i met an korean student. she studied my face when she wanted to borrow a map from me. and she said that i look exactly the same as SSH.
    i wasnt sure about SSH's popularity at that time. so i told her that SSH's my little brother and asked about SSH's popularity. she nearly fainted

-haha. u must miss your family when u were in UK?

yeah. of course. mum occasionally would send STORM catalogue to me. at there, i did some promotion on SSH to my close acquaintance.
    at that time, my landlord's wife is a british. i showed her SSH's pics and told her alot about him. she like alot. now she's totally a SSH fan.

-oh, now SSH's an international star.
    must have some advantages when bro is a celebrity?

eh, maybe yes to ppl who love attention
    but for my personality, i dont like it.
    in sch, i felt uneasy when ppl look at me when i wore sunglasses cos im SSH's bro.
    so i become more conscious about my behavior.
    when im doing speech in front of ppl or taking exam, i would work very hard, cos i dun wan to hav a negative impact on SSH.

-heard that u run SSH's own cafe?

yes. someone else ran it but close down. so i re-open it and it would better for me to run it myself as i can clear some of e misunderstanding of ppl on SSH.
    as an elder bro, i nv done anything special for SSH before.

-SSH really should thank his brother. having this kind of caring brother is rare.

students shouldnt do this kind of thing.
    maybe im an incorrigible student. haha

-heard that SSH's very naughty when he's young. do you also think he's troublesome?

yes!!!

-an memorable incident?

once went to piano school when studyin primary school.
    but me and SSH r not like girls. now alot of boys go to learn piano. but during our times, most of e students were girls.
    mum wanted us to learn, so we purposely ignore her and went to play with friends instead, hate piano till this kind of degree.
    one day we lied [lied to mum i think] to go piano sch, but ended up going to recreation place [i think is arcade]. and i discover SSH's already there.
    SSH's that kind of person that wont do something he hate.

-heard that SSH's very stubborn

ah, cant describe that stubborn-head.

-till wat kind of level?

if say assistant pick some clothes that he finds unsuitable, he would go to restroom to change into clothes that he likes [which is not so nice looking]
    even ppl around recommend him to try out those clothes, if find them unsuitable, he wouldnt change his mind at all.
    because he look good no matter what he wear, so assistant dun worry about his looks.

-saw SSH's pic when he studyin in high school [junior college], i feel that there must be many

ppl recommend him to become a celebrity.
    his teacher is a friend of a comedian. 2 of them graduated in that junior college, so they r SSH's seniors.
    at that time, parents went to sch to discuss about his studies, SSH's form teacher nv mention about university, always advise SSH to for entertainment. e teacher said that he/she would recommend SSH to his/her comedian friend.
    but SSH decided not to.
    after that, he went to university, while doing part time job, he was invited to be a model. and then successfully went to entertainment circle.
    i think, celebrities are made accidentally. SSH's one of e exmaple.

-before being celebrity, SSH show any this kind of talent?

no, because he's very quiet and introverted. so nv notice.

-apart from being a celebrity, how is SSH normally like?

SSH love playstation. so always play with lee byung hun and other good friends.
    not long ago, at kim hye soo's 'plus you' talkshow, about 'SSH know nothing about computer', isnt SSH answered that 'play games r good'?
    kim hye soo mistook it as arcade games. actually SSH rarely went arcade. he played at home. now totally addicted to Starcraft.

-heard that 2 of u r very similar from looks to habits. any special/weird habit?

at home, we have habit of wearing inside-out.
    although we r brother, this habit shared between us. sometimes i feel it's scary when seeing him like that.
    but it's comfortable to wear clothes inside-out. cos the sewn part is outside, so feel very soft[i mean e clothes soft].

-sometimes heard from others about SSH, feel that SSH's very thrifty.

honestly, SSH dunno how to dress up. and also dunno how to choose nice clothes.
    since his acting career started, he became very thrifty. but because he look good watever he wear, so dun hav to buy nice clothes.
    there's only 20000-30000KW in his wallet. everytime he would go to withdraw from bank if need money.
    mum said that since the procedure fee is high, so can withdraw 100000-15000 at a time? but he everytime still withdraw a little amount.

-SSH's e youngest in family. although he appear like a strong man on screen, would he behave like a spoilt child when at home?

definitely not.
    SSH's active when he's young. since i went to army and then to UK, long time nv spent with him.
    during that period, his personality change alot when he studied in high school. became very quiet.
    since acting, he became better.
    he communicate to me more compared to parents.
    but at home he rarely talk about his career. parents know it through newspapers.

-ever wish brother to act like spoilt child?

never.
    SSH more likely is a quiet buddy. and i also like that.
    i think SSH resemble his father alot.

-look like his father also?

not i wanna show off. my father was really a hunk. SSH cannot even compared to him.
    im really shocked when i saw dad's young photo.
    and my mum once won the beauty pageant in university. she's a recognised beauty.

-family background is indeed different.
    as a elder brother, feel any inspiration from SSH?

normally, if little bro is handsome, elder bro would not notice that.
    but in my eyes, SSH's also handsome.
    my friends usually say he's very friendly after meeting him. but meanwhile, he also have a tough side.
    his personality is not anybody can imitate. it seem there aint any celebrity like SSH.

-r u happy that SSH's very successful?

of course. because of SSH, parents r also very happy.

-SSH is successful is due to the care from his bro and family. by the way, what is SSH doing recently?

he's resting athome since he's not feelin well.and he's playing starcraft. and he recently bought DDRgame. it seem like mum like it more.
    SSH's resting while choosing e next work he gonna act. after few days, he will move to a place that's near his filming location. so it's very busy. maybe he will soon start working again.

-finally, want to tell ur little bro...

it's not really a good thing to be a celebrity. nobody will predict what will happen for own actions. so hope you would be careful. do your best, dun disappoint your fans. think about your health, hope u get up early and sleep early.

Quote Originally Posted by uchikake
    Interview with ssh's older brother. Another long but interesting read found from HL. Unsure when the interview took place.

Transcript of Interview w/ SSH's older brother

info on SSH's bro:
    name: song kiong pok
    born in 1973
    studied in seoul university.
    now studying in cornell university in USA.

question by reporter would start with a dash '-'.

-where are you now?

in a lab. now im studyin for a master degree

-SSH once praised his brother at a fan gathering

[seem dun quite believe] really?!
    SSH would do that? haha

-dreaming to enrol into seoul univeristy, any secret for studying well?

oh, secret for study? i think one needs perseverance. or concentration.
    honestly, my brain is not that smart.
    [reporter complain: over humble will give negative feeling]
    no, it's real! i get frustrated at those smart ppl. i need 2 hrs to complete wen others need only half an hr.
    juz because of this, it make me more determined.

-oh i see.
    btw, this question many ppl interested
    rumored that SSH's bro is more handsome than him?

ahhaha!

-any personal view?

ha, my friends often say that. but i think they juz wanna make me happy.
    that's impossible. if so, wouldnt i be a celebrity?

-maybe, got a desire to become a celebrity?

haha, im short. so cant.

-so it mean u got confidence on ur looks?

haha, no~

-to be accurate, SSH's career start on 21th Oct 1996. what's e feeling wen first time see SSH on tv?

maybe because i was in e UK, so din watch much. and thus not dunno about SSH's popularity.
    one day when i was on a train in UK, i met an korean student. she studied my face when she wanted to borrow a map from me. and she said that i look exactly the same as SSH.
    i wasnt sure about SSH's popularity at that time. so i told her that SSH's my little brother and asked about SSH's popularity. she nearly fainted

-haha. u must miss your family when u were in UK?

yeah. of course. mum occasionally would send STORM catalogue to me. at there, i did some promotion on SSH to my close acquaintance.
    at that time, my landlord's wife is a british. i showed her SSH's pics and told her alot about him. she like alot. now she's totally a SSH fan.

in sch, i felt uneasy when ppl look at me when i wore sunglasses cos im SSH's bro.
    when im doing speech in front of ppl or taking exam, i would work very hard, cos i dun wan to hav a negative impact on SSH.

yes. someone else ran it but close down. so i re-open it and it would better for me to run it myself as i can clear some of e misunderstanding of ppl on SSH.

-SSH really should thank his brother. having this kind of caring brother is rare.

-heard that SSH's very naughty when he's young. do you also think he's troublesome?

yes!!!

-an memorable incident?

once went to piano school when studyin primary school.
    but me and SSH r not like girls. now alot of boys go to learn piano. but during our times, most of e students were girls.
    mum wanted us to learn, so we purposely ignore her and went to play with friends instead, hate piano till this kind of degree.
    one day we lied [lied to mum i think] to go piano sch, but ended up going to recreation place [i think is arcade]. and i discover SSH's already there.
    SSH's that kind of person that wont do something he hate.

-heard that SSH's very stubborn

ah, cant describe that stubborn-head.

-till wat kind of level?

if say assistant pick some clothes that he finds unsuitable, he would go to restroom to change into clothes that he likes [which is not so nice looking]
    even ppl around recommend him to try out those clothes, if find them unsuitable, he wouldnt change his mind at all.
    because he look good no matter what he wear, so assistant dun worry about his looks.

-saw SSH's pic when he studyin in high school [junior college], i feel that there must be many

ppl recommend him to become a celebrity.
    his teacher is a friend of a comedian. 2 of them graduated in that junior college, so they r SSH's seniors.
    at that time, parents went to sch to discuss about his studies, SSH's form teacher nv mention about university, always advise SSH to for entertainment. e teacher said that he/she would recommend SSH to his/her comedian friend.
    but SSH decided not to.
    after that, he went to university, while doing part time job, he was invited to be a model. and then successfully went to entertainment circle.
    i think, celebrities are made accidentally. SSH's one of e exmaple.

-before being celebrity, SSH show any this kind of talent?

no, because he's very quiet and introverted. so nv notice.

not long ago, at kim hye soo's 'plus you' talkshow, about 'SSH know nothing about computer', isnt SSH answered that 'play games r good'?
    kim hye soo mistook it as arcade games. actually SSH rarely went arcade. he played at home. now totally addicted to Starcraft.

-heard that 2 of u r very similar from looks to habits. any special/weird habit?

although we r brother, this habit shared between us. sometimes i feel it's scary when seeing him like that.
    but it's comfortable to wear clothes inside-out. cos the sewn part is outside, so feel very soft[i mean e clothes soft].

since his acting career started, he became very thrifty. but because he look good watever he wear, so dun hav to buy nice clothes.
    there's only 20000-30000KW in his wallet. everytime he would go to withdraw from bank if need money.
    mum said that since the procedure fee is high, so can withdraw 100000-15000 at a time? but he everytime still withdraw a little amount.

-SSH's e youngest in family. although he appear like a strong man on screen, would he behave like a spoilt child when at home?

definitely not.
    SSH's active when he's young. since i went to army and then to UK, long time nv spent with him.
    during that period, his personality change alot when he studied in high school. became very quiet.
    since acting, he became better.
    he communicate to me more compared to parents.
    but at home he rarely talk about his career. parents know it through newspapers.

-ever wish brother to act like spoilt child?

never.
    SSH more likely is a quiet buddy. and i also like that.
    i think SSH resemble his father alot.

not i wanna show off. my father was really a hunk. SSH cannot even compared to him.
    and my mum once won the beauty pageant in university. she's a recognised beauty.

-family background is indeed different.
    as a elder brother, feel any inspiration from SSH?

normally, if little bro is handsome, elder bro would not notice that.
    but in my eyes, SSH's also handsome.
    my friends usually say he's very friendly after meeting him. but meanwhile, he also have a tough side.
    his personality is not anybody can imitate. it seem there aint any celebrity like SSH.

-r u happy that SSH's very successful?

of course. because of SSH, parents r also very happy.

-SSH is successful is due to the care from his bro and family. by the way, what is SSH doing recently?

he's resting athome since he's not feelin well.and he's playing starcraft. and he recently bought DDRgame. it seem like mum like it more.
    SSH's resting while choosing e next work he gonna act. after few days, he will move to a place that's near his filming location. so it's very busy. maybe he will soon start working again.

-finally, want to tell ur little bro...

it's not really a good thing to be a celebrity. nobody will predict what will happen for own actions. so hope you would be careful. do your best, dun disappoint your fans. think about your health, hope u get up early and sleep early.
    Wow, this and the fortune teller story are very good, uchikake.
    Thank you for finding and posting them up here.
    It's great to hear about what others talked about Seung Heon.
    He seems to be a very sweet yet determine person.
    Love him even more .

Look! So Ji Seop wore Song Seung Heon's shirt!
    Hahaha. These guys are very very close friends.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/kzxt_ken/050521atsshhome1re.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/kzxt_ken/sum0098ii.jpg')

Here are a few more of the 2 cuties together.
    The last one is when they visited California Magic Moutain / Universal Studio
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/kzxt_ken/fd.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/kzxt_ken/3430248_0.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/kzxt_ken/3430248_1.jpg')

SSH's 2004 Fortune read on Jan/22/04 on SBS

Cho:What's the most wanted question?
    主持人Cho: 最想問的問題是什麼?

SSH:When shall I get married?
    宋承憲:我什麼時候結婚?

Cho:There might be so many girls who like you around you all the time..
    主持人Cho: 肯定總是有很多女孩們喜歡你圍着你轉...

Fortune teller:You'll be happy to marry after 41years old..
    星象學家:在你41嵗之後,你將會有幸福的婚姻。

SSH: really?
    宋承憲:真的?

Fortune teller: Many chances to marry are always with you.. Anytime you want to marry, you'll be able to.. but.. that'll not be the perfect marriage(heaven matched).
    星象學家:
    你一直都會有許多可以結婚的機會...
    任何時候你想要結婚,你就能夠結婚...但是,卻不會是完美的婚姻[天作之合]。

Cho:It's too late..
    主持人Cho: 這太晚了吧...

SSH:Wheww...(sigh..)
    宋承憲:呼...(嘆息...)

Cho:When do you want to marry?
    主持人Cho: 你想要什麼時候結婚?

SSH:Tomorrow..
    宋承憲:明天...

CHoo you want to marry so soon?
    主持人Cho: 你想要這麼快就結婚嗎?

SSH:Well.. You know what.. If I am destined to marry someone, I think she is sure to be anywhere.. so.. I'm curious about such kind of things..
    宋承憲:
    哦...你知道的...如果我命中注定要與某個人結婚,我想她肯定就在某個地方...所以...我就對這樣 的事情感到好奇了...

CHoo you want to marry your first love?
    主持人Cho: 你想要與你的初戀結婚嗎?

SSH:First love... Hmm.. first love...
    Frankly speaking.. Among the three that I've ever felt it to be love.. I want to marry the latest one.. but I think it's not any more...I will have to marry someone to meet in future..
    宋承憲:
    初戀....初戀...
    坦白說...我曾感覺到是愛情的三次戀愛中...我想要和最後的那位結婚的...但是我認爲我不再那樣想了 ...我要與將來遇到的那個人結婚...

Fortune teller: As for a woman...
    星象學家:談到女人...

CHo:Is he picky?...
    主持人Cho: 他很挑剔嗎?

Fortune teller:No.. He is not picky.. he is rather large-hearted.. he forgets bygones clearly.. and never looks back..
    星象學家:不...他不挑剔...他其實是心地寬容的...他可以讓過去的事情全然過去...而且他絕不回 頭...

His ideal woman who he's been thinking is a full-time housewife..
    他想要的理想的女人是全職太太...

SSH:It's sure that I'm a little conservative..
    宋承憲:我的確是有點保守...

Cho:She's not in the same job...
    主持人Cho: 她不是做同行的...

Fortune teller:He is tend to think marriage is one thing, and love is another..
    星象學家:他想要的婚姻是一回事,而愛情是另一回事...

SSH:Hum.. maybe so...
    宋承憲:哦...可能是這樣...

Cho:Is there anything to be careful in 2004?
    主持人Cho: 在2004年有什麼特別要留意的嗎?

Fortune teller: A car accident... and.... scandal..
    Here and there at the same time... many girls will be around you...
    星象學家:
    一次車禍...和...緋聞...
    到處都有很多女孩們同時圍繞着你...

Cho:Regardless of Song Seung Heon's will.. the girls like him.. ha ha ha...
    主持人Cho: 不管宋承憲的意願如何...女孩子們喜歡他...哈哈哈...

Fortune teller:In the end of this year, you'll might be involved in gossips..
    星象學家:年底的時候,你可能會被谣言糾纏...
    This part is most interesting to me.
    So he had 3 girlfriends in the past and he loved the last one the most. Do I read it right that he also implied that the last one and him were no longer together?

It sounds that he is a traditional and conservative man when it comes to select a life partner. Too bad he did not describe more about his ideal woman here.

The part about the fortune teller forecasted his scandal/gossip at the end of 2004 is freeky. I mean, it could be just a coincidence as I don't believe in fortune teller thingy either. But the fact that his military scandal did broke out at the end of 2004 made me really wonder.

Yea, I guess it's difficult for Seung Heon's older brother. I can see it's not all that easy to have a famous family member. All of the sudden, he'd have to watch out for his acts too so to not damage SSH image. But it's nice of him to have consideration for his little brother's image. Many other celebrities do not have considerate family members like that. Look at the case of Linsay Lohan and her father ... eek!

I believe the "cafe" is SSH's Korean fan website, correct? Seung Heon is lucky to have an older bro who took good care of him.

Hahaha, Seung Heon is like a kid at home here.

I can't help but laughed so hard when reading this. Wah, these boys are so childish and funny.

Another interesting fact about Seung Heon. Well, I guess he has his reason for being conservative in spending. Money is hard earned so why waste it? I also read from some other places that Seung Heon saved all of his military's wages to buy rice and ramen noodles for an elderly charity home. So it just a matter of spending money right when he needs to spend. I'd consider this a positive trait of his.

Anyone with a photo of his father? Wow, his mom won a beauty pageant in university? With parents like that, no wonder Seung Heon is so handsome.

But I thought I've seen a photo of Seung Heon when he was young with his mom (I think it's his mom) before. She doesn'd look pretty. Appears kinda short. Oh, well. It may not be his mother's photo that I've seen.
    If anyone with photos of his parents, please share. THANKS.

Thank you, uchikake, for these transcripts. They are very good to read especially since I'm so curious about Seung Heon's personal life.
    BTW, I really like your new Seung Heon avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by colette
    Look! So Ji Seop wore Song Seung Heon's shirt!
    Hahaha. These guys are very very close friends.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/kzxt_ken/050521atsshhome1re.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/kzxt_ken/sum0098ii.jpg')
    Aahhh. That's so cute. It speaks for their sworn-brotherly friendship.

The last one is when they visited California Magic Moutain / Universal Studio

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/kzxt_ken/3430248_0.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/kzxt_ken/3430248_1.jpg')
    Oh, so Seung Heon and Ji Seop were visiting California before? Was it for vacation or for business (making mv/tvseries) do you know? And when was their trip? Any acquaintance/fan stories about their visit to the US?

Quote Originally Posted by seungheoney
    Oh, so Seung Heon and Ji Seop were visiting California before? Was it for vacation or for business (making mv/tvseries) do you know? And when was their trip? Any acquaintance/fan stories about their visit to the US?
    They visited California in 2003. I think it was just for vacation, because there wasn't any work of them together in 2003.

One story I read was not too pleasant. It is about an encounter of several non-Korean asian fans with SSH and SJS at Universal Studio.
    They met SSH and SJS when these two guys queued up in line ahead of them. One of them recognized SSH. They did not know who SJS was but thought he was also a hunk. These non-Korean girls came over to ask if they can take pictures with them in English but were rejected.
    Later on, these girls saw SSH and SJS hand shook and talked very friendly with several Koreans who were also visiting Universal Studio!
    By coincidence, these non-Korean girls kept running into SSH and SJS at the entertainment park. Since they were rejected before, they did not want to approach anymore but decided to take picture of these 2 guys from a far.

This part is most interesting to me.
    So he had 3 girlfriends in the past and he loved the last one the most. Do I read it right that he also implied that the last one and him were no longer together?

It sounds that he is a traditional and conservative man when it comes to select a life partner. Too bad he did not describe more about his ideal woman here.

The part about the fortune teller forecasted his scandal/gossip at the end of 2004 is freeky. I mean, it could be just a coincidence as I don't believe in fortune teller thingy either. But the fact that his military scandal did broke out at the end of 2004 made me really wonder.
    That's what I understand from reading the fortune transcript too: he doesn't seem to have a steady now for at least he no longer considers his 3rd girlfriend a marriage prospect.

But LOL, Seungheoney, you are so into his love life.
    You have got to let go of it because soon or later SSH will have to date again and eventually get married. We should feel happy for him whenever that date comes. I believe Seung Heon will be a good husband and a good father (from what I've read about him and from photos that show how tender he is with kids). It's just that he isn't for us. But we can still watch him in tvseries/mv and support him.

The part about the fortune teller guessing his 2004's scandal? I think it just a good guess. I don't believe in this fortune telling thing either. She also said about a car accident in 2004 but no such happened to him.

They visited California in 2003. I think it was just for vacation, because there wasn't any work of them together in 2003.

One story I read was not too pleasant. It is about an encounter of several non-Korean asian fans with SSH and SJS at Universal Studio.
    They met SSH and SJS when these two guys queued up in line ahead of them. One of them recognized SSH. They did not know who SJS was but thought he was also a hunk. These non-Korean girls came over to ask if they can take pictures with them in English but were rejected.
    Later on, these girls saw SSH and SJS hand shook and talked very friendly with several Koreans who were also visiting Universal Studio!
    By coincidence, these non-Korean girls kept running into SSH and SJS at the entertainment park. Since they were rejected before, they did not want to approach anymore but decided to take picture of these 2 guys from a far.
    Maybe these girls were just following them around too much which irritated SSH and SJS, and that's why they were rejected. Afterall, celebs are also human, they need their privacy too. I don't think SSH and SJS discriminated against non-Korean fans. Because from what I've read, both seem to be very touched by the affections of their international fans.

That's what I understand from reading the fortune transcript too: he doesn't seem to have a steady now for at least he no longer considers his 3rd girlfriend a marriage prospect.

But LOL, Seungheoney, you are so into his love life.
    You have got to let go of it because soon or later SSH will have to date again and eventually get married. We should feel happy for him whenever that date comes. I believe Seung Heon will be a good husband and a good father (from what I've read about him and from photos that show how tender he is with kids). It's just that he isn't for us. But we can still watch him in tvseries/mv and support him.
    Did I appear obsessive and jealous? Sorry if I did.
    For sure he can't be for us and he'll get married one day. But I'm just curious who the lucky girl might be, that's all.
    I'll support Seung Heon whether he's single or booked. So don't worry.

Question:
    These days, there are more and more high budget mv/tvseries that feature international casts from Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and mainland China all work together in the same production.

For example, Japanese star Hiroyuki Sanada and South Korean star Jang Dong-Gun spoke Chinese in Chen Kai-ge's The Promise. I wonder how did they do that. Do they really know Mandarin?

Similarly, Song Seung Heon was originally selected to play Chu Zhao Nan in Tsui Hark's 7 Swords. How can he carry out his lines in mandarin when I've heard that he doesn't speak the language? Even after SSH turned down this project, Korean actress Kim So Yeon still held the role of Lu Zhu in 7 Swords.

I always wonder, how do they come across the language barrier problem?
    Do these actors and actresses really speak multiple languages or they only learn on the spot to parrot their script lines in foreign language? Language skill and emotional expression tie together. That doesn't mean you can't express your feelings if you don't speak the language, but it'd be harder. Especially in sad scenes, won't it be hard to carry out the sad feelings when you hear your co-star mumbling Chinese in a funny accent?
    Last edited by seungheoney; 03-07-06 at 04:37 PM.

Question:
    These days, there are more and more high budget mv/tvseries that feature international casts from Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and mainland China all work together in the same production.

For example, Japanese star Hiroyuki Sanada and South Korean star Jang Dong-Gun spoke Chinese in Chen Kai-ge's The Promise. I wonder how did they do that. Do they really know Mandarin?

Similarly, Song Seung Heon was originally selected to play Chu Zhao Nan in Tsui Hark's 7 Swords. How can he carry out his lines in mandarin when I've heard that he doesn't speak the language? Even after SSH turned down this project, Korean actress Kim So Yeon still held the role of Lu Zhu in 7 Swords.

I always wonder, how do they come across the language barrier problem?
    Do these actors and actresses really speak multiple languages or they only learn on the spot to parrot their script lines in foreign language? Language skill and emotional expression tie together. That doesn't mean you can't express your feelings if you don't speak the language, but it'd be harder. Especially in sad scenes, won't it be hard to carry out the sad feelings when you hear your co-star mumbling Chinese in a funny accent?
    I think not many stars know multiple languages. More Chinese and Korean stars know Japanese, but Japanese stars don't usually know Chinese. It's the Japanese supremacy thingy in the asia that many other asians still want to assimilate them!

When working together in a production, there will be translaters and the stars communicate in english. If the stars have to speak their scripts in foreign language, they would learn it while shooting. At the end, their voices will be dubbed by locals.

I think the language barriers making it very difficult. But due to the Hallyu waves, more Chinese and Japanese productions want to invite Korean actors to be in their mv/tvseries.

I watched a mini series "Friends" with Won Bin and a Japanese actress (forgot her name). This series wasn't dubbed. She spoke some Chinese, English, Korean in the series while Won Bin spoke Japanese. She did okay in Chinese, but my friend who is Japanese couldn't understand what Won Bin said in Japanese. But the result is very cute to see the actors/actresses try to speak a foreign language, especially if watched by international fans.

Some animation gifs of Oppa.
    (credit to HL)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5917/14370hl.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/112/14394bp.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9040/14362eg.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/2571/14181sc.gif')

Default pics of Seung Heon from 2003 Pine ad

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200603/06/51/d0065351_1334134.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200603/06/51/d0065351_1365367.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200603/06/51/d0065351_137155.jpg')

Someone said in this thread before that she believes Song Seung Heon will make a very good father. I think so too because he is kind with children. His older brother just have a newborn son. During Seung Heon's recent short break from military duty, his older brother from the US arranged bringing the baby home to meet with his uncle. Seung Heon said in an interview that the baby is so beautiful and he wish it's his own.

Some photos of SSH with his lil fans or his fans' kids. Look how at ease he is with the kids.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photobucket.com/albums/c2/shplanet/gallery/with_fans/200208-omega-w02.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photobucket.com/albums/c2/shplanet/gallery/with_fans/sh-200409-11.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://blog.zaq.ne.jp/res/heartyparty/images/article308.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://blog.zaq.ne.jp/res/heartyparty/images/article311.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://shplanet.com/~planet02/huilin/Gallery/sh-200409-20030503.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://summer.kbs.co.kr/images/bodo.jpg')

Default Seung Heon's eyes

Song Seung Heon's most attractive feature is his eyes. Look at how big and beautiful they are.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/ssh2006/Unique/051220.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/ssh2006/Unique/051221.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/ssh2006/Unique/051222.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/ssh2006/Unique/051223.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/ssh2006/Unique/051224.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/ssh2006/Unique/051225a.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/ssh2006/Unique/051225b.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/ssh2006/Unique/051225c.jpg')

I think not many stars know multiple languages. More Chinese and Korean stars know Japanese, but Japanese stars don't usually know Chinese. It's the Japanese supremacy thingy in the asia that many other asians still want to assimilate them!

When working together in a production, there will be translaters and the stars communicate in english. If the stars have to speak their scripts in foreign language, they would learn it while shooting. At the end, their voices will be dubbed by locals.

I think the language barriers making it very difficult. But due to the Hallyu waves, more Chinese and Japanese productions want to invite Korean actors to be in their mv/tvseries.

I watched a mini series "Friends" with Won Bin and a Japanese actress (forgot her name). This series wasn't dubbed. She spoke some Chinese, Engli
    sh, Korean in the series while Won Bin spoke Japanese. She did okay in Chinese, but my friend who is Japanese couldn't understand what Won Bin said in Japanese. But the result is very cute to see the actors/actresses try to speak a foreign language, especially if watched by international fans.
    I'm so busy the last few days because of mid-terms. Thanks for your answer, colette. It's neat fact to know.

Song Seung Heon's most attractive feature is his eyes. Look at how big and beautiful they are.
    WOW WOW WOW.
    I feel casted away in his eyes. They're like two pools of LOVE.
    If I ever meet Seung Heon in person, I think I will faint.

Someone said in this thread before that she believes Song Seung Heon will make a very good father. I think so too because he is kind with children. His older brother just have a newborn son. During Seung Heon's recent short break from military duty, his older brother from the US arranged bringing the baby home to meet with his uncle. Seung Heon said in an interview that the baby is so beautiful and he wish it's his own.

Some photos of SSH with his lil fans or his fans' kids. Look how at ease he is with the kids.
    Seung Heon is very good with holding lil infant. I'm impressed. When my older brother holding a baby, he looks clumsy with it like he's afraid he might drop it.
    I can tell Seung Heon will be a very skillful father and a very CUTE one too.

Some animation gifs of Oppa.
    (credit to HL)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5917/14370hl.gif')
    Ah. This one Obba looks so sweet. I love you, Obba!