Thread: charting Duan Yu's inner energy

Default charting Duan Yu's inner energy

can any novel readers provide the names of people and their relative inner energy levels in DGSD who were Bei Ming'ed by Duan Yu so as to attempt to get a better, more precise idea of how powerful Duan Yu had become within the novel.

It just seems to me that, apart from Duan Yu helping himself to Kau Mor Ji's power late in the story, there were no other major inputs (maybe when Duan Yu is taken to the Sky Dragon/Celestial Temple, does he get a transfer from the monks there or do they only help him avoid fire deviation?) but he's supposedly got profound inner energy comparable to the some of the strongest in DGSD way before then...it is something that doesn't seem to be clear to me, hence the need to consult

Whoa... can't remember the detail. Too long a time already, and sometimes I got the novel detail mixed with the adaptations But I think among them were the 1st Evil (might be just in the adaptation), the Yellow-browed Monk (again, might be just in the adaptation, not too sure), 2nd Evil, 3rd Evil, 4th Evil, and some Dali guards (those Dali Royal Protectors or whoever they were called).

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I really can't remember clearly.

In addition, the Dali emperor, DY's "dad", zhong yi and her dad and mum.
    Also some other lowly fighters.

Anyway, by the time DY was at the Heavenly Dragon Temple, his inner power was nearly the equal of someone like QF.

exactly which means by the end of the story even if xf was alive he would still be behind dy, i think at the end dy was 3rd to xu zhu who was 2nd, then sweeps.

Had DY's internal energy surpassed KMZ before he used BMSG on him? I thought that you need to have higher energy than the other person in order to take their energy.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

That's probably the requirement for XXDF, not for BMSG.

I'm not sure about XXDF, but I believe it's like this for BMSG
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Except for XZ's case where the energy was transferred to him directly, I think DY started with having no or little internal energy, so before he sucked the energy from all those people he could not have had more internal energy than all of them. Thus I think having greater internal energy than your opponent's is not a requirement for BMSG.

I think he also got some from one of Wang Yu Yan's Mother's subordinates.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Originally posted by superboy
    I'm not sure about XXDF, but I believe it's like this for BMSG
    When DY learn BMSG, he have ZERO inner energy and martial-arts, so how do you think he can start sucking inner energy from other fighters who apparently should have higher inner energy than him

Originally posted by rabadi
    Whoa... can't remember the detail. Too long a time already, and sometimes I got the novel detail mixed with the adaptations But I think among them were the 1st Evil (might be just in the adaptation), the Yellow-browed Monk (again, might be just in the adaptation, not too sure), 2nd Evil, 3rd Evil, 4th Evil, and some Dali guards (those Dali Royal Protectors or whoever they were called).

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I really can't remember clearly.
    from the adaptations I gathered that the 2nd, 3rd and 4th evils together with yellow-browed monk and the Dali protectors had lost some inner energy to DY when he was stuck in the tunnel,

what I'm not sure about is the long-term effect - did these victims temporarily lose energy or was it a permanent change? and for DY, I suppose he managed to permanently keep these powers without losing them once he used his powers?

when did DY get the 1st evil?

the only reason dy had all of ji mo zhi's energy was beco ji mo zhi was fire deviated and kept pushing the energy into dy if he had wanted to resist dy's energy would of flown into ji mo zi. if i recall the first suck would always be suking rnergy from a person who hs more energy than u. thats why after dy suked 2 - 4 evil he had to go to tian long shi(dali temple) to get treat ment.

Originally posted by Charlieboy
    when did DY get the 1st evil?
    That's probably from the 1980s adaptation. I got it mixed up sometimes. In fact in the 1st edition of the novel, DY didn't know BMSG. It was something else (can't remember the name), but it was changed into BMSG in the 2nd edition. So when I talk about DY I have to note changes from the 2nd edition while my background is with the 1st (translated) edition and adaptations. So yeah, I mixed them a lot, sorry

I sort of remember reading from Moin's translation a few years ago

There was a warning in the BMSG scroll wasn't there? About how the user should beware since usually the small pool flows into the bigger pool
    except when the fighters got sucked up by DY, it was because they were trying to attack him thus forcing the qi into DY

Heres a link to another discussion about this ambiguous part of BMSG http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...highlight=BMSG