Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Solved: The Never-Ending Debate

Originally posted by ChronoReverse
    GJ took a severe injury (as he should). Yet, he still managed to continue for a bit longer.

Thanks to the Mongol fighters competing with each other plus YG and FMF's assistance.

He would've died eventually if those weren't the factors.

In any case, at this point, the mongol fighters weren't blocking each other's strikes. Thus panda's argument is moot since that's what he was saying the fighters were interfering with each other.
    The point is that this particular fight is a bad example to measure GJ and Jinlun's skills because too many factors are interfering their exchange.

GJ matched OYF with a disadvantage. Therefore GJ is equal to OYF at the very least.
    OYF was disadvantaged, Huang Rong was interfering OYF with mind tricks and even briefly attacked him, when OYF retaliated he was injured by HR's soft armor spikes. Also Ke Zhen E attacked him from behind with his stick, but got knocked off the roof. Not exactly a fair fight.
    Last edited by SkineePanda; 01-30-04 at 11:00 PM.

So it doesn't count that GJ at this point, was blocking a rod strike, blocking a palm strike at the same time. Then was hit by the snake staff, and still managed to not die immediately?

Too many factors showing how GJ is pretty powerful so it shouldn't count eh?

Originally posted by ChronoReverse
    So it doesn't count that GJ at this point, was blocking a rod strike, blocking a palm strike at the same time. Then was hit by the snake staff, and still managed to not die immediately?

Too many factors showing how GJ is pretty powerful so it shouldn't count eh?
    If the fight continued any longer, he would've died. If it was one on one, it would be a much clearer picture on who's better, but the problem is everyone was fighting each other, but at least on GJ's side, there was more teamwork. YG and FMF was fighting to keep GJ alive. Jinlun's side however, no cohesion, no teamwork, no unity. They could've killed GJ many times if they weren't blocking each other's moves.

Can we bring in Xiao Feng now to make things more interesting?

The team wasn't really that disunified. Basically they weren't helping each other and wanted to kill GJ themselves, but the real conflict hasn't really started until YG tried to betray GJ and caused him to get hurt. Then the conflict starts. Also, when did it really say GLFW has slightly more internal energy? I thought it was said he got a lot greater strenght than GJ. The best way I came up with is using the proportion of the improvement rate to estimate who's better at the end of ROCH, GJ or YG. That will seem to suggest GJ's side since he was 56 that time, with a lot more time to cultivate. Improvement rate isn't always proportional, but that's the best way most logical one I have unless someone can suggest a better one.

36 year old GJ used 13 years to catch up with the Greats, such as OYF. That means that his improvement rate is way faster than them considering they trained till 70 at the start of ROCH, but OYF only managed a tie. GJ sort of tied with GLFW at the manor, since he steped back and GLFW could have avoided pain if he did also. GLFW's internal enery was also said to be at the level of H7G and OYF right? When GJ was around 36 in the Mongolia camp. He was able to take on multiple fighters including GLFW. They don't have team work, but still ganged up on GJ and didn't really started a conflict before YG faked injury, and GJ was holding on pretty well before. There, it was stated that GJ and GLFW will need over 1000 stance to dicide victor. It looks likely that Gj would be the victor. Could it be that GJ had improved further from the time in the manor tieing with GLFW, to being able to defeat him in 3 years? Later on after 20 years, YG was still at the level of the Greats, considering he is around the level of HYS and ZBT. But we know that GJ improves a lot faster than the Greats. So even if YG improves just as fast as GJ, or somewhat a little faster, he probably won't be at the level of 56 years old GJ.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I agree with everything you said Superboy

Originally posted by superboy
    Also, when did it really say GLFW has slightly more internal energy? I thought it was said he got a lot greater strenght than GJ.
    greater strength does mean internal energy. It can't be his muscles or his size because GLFW is a skinny monk.

When did it say it's internal energy?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

from Noodles's translation
    Guo Jing took three steps back while Jin Lun Fa Wang stood his ground steadily. His strength was much stronger than Guo Jing’s and his internal energy was profound but the proficiency of his palms could not compare with Guo Jing’s. Guo Jing took the steps back to disperse the enemy’s force and avoid injury. But Jin Lun Fa Wang was too proud, he forced himself to meet this palm solidly, enduring the pain in his chest, as he stood there without moving.
    Can we bring in Xiao Feng now to make things more interesting?
    based on these people logic YG have more martial arts and more smarter and can invent a martial art.
    He will beat XF.
    joking
    Last edited by TaiHan; 01-31-04 at 03:24 AM.

It says GLFW's internal energy was profound, but when did it say he has more intenral energy?

It said that GLFW have greater strength

Yeah, but that's strength, not internal energy right?

I don't know

maybe that mean stronger internal higher but not higher
    a guess
    Last edited by TaiHan; 01-31-04 at 03:31 AM.

I don't really thinks so though. It was said that GLFW's internal energy that time was about at the level of OYF and H7G right?

It think it the types of power of GLFW. His types of power is strength, brute

GJ's inner power is 9 Yin and QZ. GJ's power is not depend on strength.

but this doesn't mean higher.

I don't think that it was mentioned that GLFW's type of internal energy is more fourceful, of course, GJ's internal energy is nuetral from 9 Yin.

Does it really matter ? The idiot was too proud and hence got injured. In real fights, people get killed because of that. Many good fighters in XAJH got killed, injured or defeated by LHC when he had no inner power at all.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

it did said that if GLFW master his whatever inner power, he would equal to 13 or something elephant

I think it was said there is 13 levels to his Dragon Elephant Gong. Not even Sweeper Monk can be as powerful as 13 elephants.

found it by
    lavaithan

Longxiang Bore Gong (Art of Dragon Elephant Prana) was the most treasured martial art of Tibetan Buddhism. This martial art was based on the Dragon and Elephant Prana Sutra, and was divided in 13 stages. The first part needs only 1 or 2 years to master. The second level will take 3 to 4 years, the third level will take 7 to 8 years etc. In the history of Tibet, there was no one who could above level 10. In the Northern Song dynasty there was a monk who lived near the Tibetan border, he had reached level 9 and wanted to force himself to master level 10. But when he reached stage 10, he immediately suffered from fire deviation and went mad. He danced and jumped like a madman for seven days and seven nights, and eventually died.

Golden Wheel Monk was the only person in history who succesfully managed to reach stage 10 and survived. According to the Dragon Elephant Sutra, his palm power is now equal to " ten dragons and ten elephants".
    but dragon are not real. It is over exaggerated. But does prove that his internal energy is a brute type of energy.

Might be more brute or so, it it doesn't really shows he have any advantage over GJ in battles because of it though. Yin and Yang both have their advantages.