Thread: Ruby Lin Xinru 林心如

Ruby will be filming a commercial on June 18th & 19th for China Mobile, a mainland telecommunications network.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/p/2007-05-30/U1935P28T3D1576321F326DT20070530114825.jpg')

she was back to China from Japan

and preparing the China Mobile's commercial

also reading many script

don't know what's her next work, she never reveal..lol
    'One of these days is none of these days'
    ........................................Amicus usque ad aras

did any of her new series aired yet? i have not heard any news from it..

i hope her next work is a fun like Duke mt. deer.. i just rewatched it and i love her character in there...

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    How come she's not in any series or movies? Hasn't it been like almost half a year since her last one? Probably not her fault, but I personally think it's a waste of time for a true professional actress (if she considers herself one) to go to all these promotions, events, etc. Yeah, they need to go to some to make sure people still remember them, but it's been way too many promotions and events for her, even if they're charity-based. After all, she hasn't done THAT much charity work to make THAT her full time job.

It would make more sense if she's taking a vacation or something and just wants time off like Sammi, but it's not like she's been resting either. Meh, strange I say, considering even less popular people are coming out with more series/movies each year.
    she been resting and reading script. of course a lot of ruby's fans are wondering what will her next project will be. but i don't want to pursue her. during those months, she studying English, dance, horsing and so on.

i don't think it's time-wasting. those studying all helpful for her future. we should wait her more. Quality is more important than quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    what happened to our ruby?
    nothing happen, she just too low-profile now. it would be better do study and read scrpit careful than choose any various movies and series.

when RLIF will back? still under-construction?
    天地者 萬物之逆旅 光陰者 百代之過客

"Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved."

did any of her new series aired yet? i have not heard any news from it..

i hope her next work is a fun like Duke mt. deer.. i just rewatched it and i love her character in there...
    as i know her lastest series Ancestral Temple will be out by CCTV(China central television chennel) in this summer. they already finished editing and record the songs.

and other 2 series that haven't out yet (Dali princess and perfect match) also will out soon, i heard. they finished filming end of 2005, and 2006. but not yet out..it's very strange, not only those ruby's series but other many tv series that filmed 2~3 years ago not released till now. what's wrong with China television industry?

are you talking the series back in 2000? ruby playing the princess.. i think at one point she lied to him and told him he was pregnant to keep him from not running away from her again..but i dont ever recall her actually giving birth in that series...
    she did give birth..i can't recall all scenes because i watched this series long times ago

How come she's not in any series or movies? but it's been way too many promotions and events for her, even if they're charity-based.
    um..i can't agree. Ruby did that charity events only 3 days (May 20~22th). Except that events she hardlyever show herself in any events of promotions. Ruby didn't do many public activities since 2007. She is really low-profile than other actresses who do so many event almost everyday. i didn't see ruby much in this year. never think it's too many promotions and events.
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

PAPARAZZI PIC OF RUBY
    (together with alec, huang xiao ming and other friends in KTV)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20070605/Img250410326.jpg')

Ruby in red t-shirt

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://rubystation-media.com/forum/files/20070417zm339_493.jpg')

thanks for the pic and news. she is so pretty in every pix

Quote Originally Posted by myedi View Post
    um..i can't agree. Ruby did that charity events only 3 days (May 20~22th). Except that events she hardlyever show herself in any events of promotions. Ruby didn't do many public activities since 2007. She is really low-profile than other actresses who do so many event almost everyday. i didn't see ruby much in this year. never think it's too many promotions and events.
    Yeah, but none of her 'events/promotions' ever since Ancestral Temple have been truly career-related as in drama/music/movies. They've all been for advertising purposes and I'm sure she's getting paid a good fee for them. Actually I think there was some article saying that she made $10 million or something this year. To be fair, most people wouldn't pass up on the opportunity to make money, so it's not a huge deal, but as an actress who could still improve, i.e. she's certainly not Maggie Cheung, it's just not the best for her professional career. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamlandr View Post
    as i know her lastest series Ancestral Temple will be out by CCTV(China central television chennel) in this summer. they already finished editing and record the songs.

and other 2 series that haven't out yet (Dali princess and perfect match) also will out soon, i heard. they finished filming end of 2005, and 2006. but not yet out..it's very strange, not only those ruby's series but other many tv series that filmed 2~3 years ago not released till now. what's wrong with China television industry?
    i quess there are too many shows to be shown so they delay it.. unlike TVB they are super fast.. plus the fact that the TV stations shows like 1 or 2 episode per week takes forever..

honestly i'm not anxious for any of the new series.. though Dali princess seems promising..but we already knew the ending.. that musical she was in..yea i kinda dont want to watch that either.. Ancesteral Temple must be a really long series.plus it'll be hella long until i can get my hands on it bc i have to wait for the viets to translate it..by that time i dont even think i'll even remember about it..

u said there were some series 2 or 3 years ago? what were they?

Quote Originally Posted by amen73 View Post
    she did give birth..i can't recall all scenes because i watched this series long times ago
    i did rewatched some episodes of DOMD 2000..she indeed did gave birth to a girl near the end of series when most the girls were pregnant too..

i heard that they are doing a remake of DOMD 2007.. with Huang Xiao Ming.. i wonder how that will fair.. and Shu Chang is playing the princess.. but i dont think noboby can be as cute or funny as our ruby

Credits: http://www.rubystation-media.com/for...opic.php?t=604

Thanks Jackie for translating

Dozens of Serials Inviting Lin Hsinju to Join
    Sanqin Daily, 06/15/07; Reporter: Yu Ming

[please enter the link above to read the stranslating news]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Credits: http://www.rubystation-media.com/for...opic.php?t=604

Thanks Jackie for translating

Dozens of Serials Inviting Lin Hsinju to Join
    Sanqin Daily, 06/15/07; Reporter: Yu Ming

[please enter the link above to read the stranslating news]
    Hmm, hopefully that's true then.

Yeah, but none of her 'events/promotions' ever since Ancestral Temple have been truly career-related as in drama/music/movies. They've all been for advertising purposes and I'm sure she's getting paid a good fee for them. Actually I think there was some article saying that she made $10 million or something this year. To be fair, most people wouldn't pass up on the opportunity to make money, so it's not a huge deal, but as an actress who could still improve, i.e. she's certainly not Maggie Cheung, it's just not the best for her professional career. Just my 2 cents.
    ruby said in her blog...she want her fans give more times to her for choose good script. in those years, ruby is very careful when she choose the next work. This time, so many fans already asked to her about next work, in every her fansite and forums.

Ruby said she want people give more time to her. I know what you saying. I just wait her answer. Her series not yet out, so there is no event related tv series/movies yet. when her series will be out, surely will be many functions for her work.

about music, i read so many interview. Ruby said she want to focus more on filming. but heard she prepare album this year..let and see
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

i quess there are too many shows to be shown so they delay it.. unlike TVB they are super fast.. plus the fact that the TV stations shows like 1 or 2 episode per week takes forever..

honestly i'm not anxious for any of the new series.. though Dali princess seems promising..but we already knew the ending.. that musical she was in..yea i kinda dont want to watch that either.. Ancesteral Temple must be a really long series.plus it'll be hella long until i can get my hands on it bc i have to wait for the viets to translate it..by that time i dont even think i'll even remember about it..

HK broadcast system surely different from mainland one. Some mainland series that finished filming in 3~4 years ago out in nowadays..it's really strange.
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

really looking forward to see her !

though we knew ending, it's promising. Many wuxia series, we knew whole story include ending. But people keep watching because they want to enjoy all detail story and cast's acting. I really want to see perfect match even more than Dali princess. In this series, ruby is only supporting casts. But after watching trailer, i really fall in love with this musical series.
    This is 1st musical series in China, we can see ruby's dance and musical performance. Also Jordan chan is my fav actor. haha. I want to watching AT most then perfect match and Dali princess. Those 3 series are all out by CCTV.

PS. about DaLi princess...
    i read the whole storyline long times ago. but after a few months ago, other site gave the totally different storyline. I don't know which one is true. Many Chinese series..when they are out, i found they are very different from original storyline released when filming.

Hmm, hopefully that's true then.
    um..me too

Shooting ad in Japan

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.oeeee.com/Image/2007/200706/20070615/wangxl_a73.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.oeeee.com/Image/2007/200706/20070615/wangxl_a72.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sinaimg.cn/ent/s/h/p/2007-06-15/U2231P28T3D1598483F326DT20070615111744.jpg')