Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wouldn't it be nice if Jin Yong....

unless you dun say something against both yg or gf, you should do fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    It's OK. The GJ fans outnumber them.
    We don't see GJ biggest fan, superboy, much lately

maybe he is attacked by YG supporters ??

Talking guo jing fans come out.....wacaaa

well superboy didn't come
    i will

Quote Originally Posted by rabadi
    You know, if I were you, I'll start running and hiding from all those YG die-hard fans j/k
    is there really a lot of fan of yang guo
    i hope neither of them is a moderator(plz...don kick me out)

but,wat i say is true
    yang guo not as kind as guo jing but every girl that she met like him

wouldn't it be nice if jin yong make another series of guo jing and huang rong life
    specificly until they made the sword
    zhao weizhou xun 4 eva

that would be pretty boring with fighting against the Mongols dominating the scenes

Quote Originally Posted by putrihuanzhu
    i hope neither of them is a moderator(plz...don kick me out)
    Ken Cheng here is a GJ fan, and if I'm not mistaken Moin is also leaning towards GJ side.

dun put words in their mouths

Jin Yong not giving all the glory to Yang Guo at the end of ROCH. Since Yang Guo defeated GWM then at least Jin Yong should let Guo Jing kill Mongke Khan so the glory can be more equally shared. Guo Jing was once afterall used to be Jin Yong's protagonist and I so hope he hasn't forgotten that. I'd also like it if he do the same for Huang Rong and give her some more glorious moments. I don't like the fact that he made Huang Rong to be crushed by GWM in one stroke with her stick broken while allowing Xiaolongnu to be able to withstand him (partly due to GWM trying to match her in speed). But then I heard in 3rd edition, Xiaolongnu is kinda made even more powerful now that she defeated GWM fair and square with her speed and technique overcoming his brute power. Sigh this is why I don't really like ROCH.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 07-29-10 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibidaisuke View Post
    Jin Yong not giving all the glory to Yang Guo at the end of ROCH. Since Yang Guo defeated GWM then at least Jin Yong should let Guo Jing kill Mongke Khan so the glory can be more equally shared. Guo Jing was once afterall used to be Jin Yong's protagonist and I so hope he hasn't forgotten that. I'd also like it if he do the same for Huang Rong and give her some more glorious moments. I don't like the fact that he made Huang Rong to be crushed by GWM in one stroke with her stick broken while allowing Xiaolongnu to be able to withstand him (partly due to GWM trying to match her in speed). But then I heard in 3rd edition, Xiaolongnu is kinda made even more powerful now that she defeated GWM fair and square with her speed and technique overcoming his brute power. Sigh this is why I don't really like ROCH.
    That's why I call out Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl as two of the most shameless Mary Sue characters in fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by rabadi View Post
    Hmm... I don't know... I would rather have him write a brand new novel, with a brand new hero that has nothing to do or has no connection with all of his other novels, and put in some mystery, humor, thriller, and spy film essence to it.
    Agree. It would be nice if it takes place during the Tang Dynasty or even earlier Dynasties. Too many novels based on Song, Ming, and Qing Dynasties already, Tang Dynasty derserves some wuxia too.

^I personally find the Tang Dynasty to be the most interesting to read about. I think it would suit wuxia, especially with the artistic advancements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    ^I personally find the Tang Dynasty to be the most interesting to read about. I think it would suit wuxia, especially with the artistic advancements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Agree. It would be nice if it takes place during the Tang Dynasty or even earlier Dynasties. Too many novels based on Song, Ming, and Qing Dynasties already, Tang Dynasty derserves some wuxia too.
    I've read that the Tang Dynasty (and earlier) gets short-shrifted in wuxia because in Chinese history, when you go back further than the Sung Dynasty, you find history co-mingling greatly with mythology and folklore. As powerful as wuxia martial arts are, they'd pale in comparison to the supernatural beings that seemed to appear with regularity in pre-Sung Chinese mythology/folklore.

^That's true. I guess it's also easier to alter/embellish history (as JY often does) when history is more vague and information is less specific.

It does seem that the Tang dynasty stories are either magical and supernatural, or feature very regular martial arts (even less powerful than Qing era). There haven't been any I've seen that are in between.

Actually I like the idea of supernatural Martial Arts, it's cool and awesome.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

[QUOTE=Temujin;200713
    9) LHC vs. RWX [/QUOTE]

I thought it was already conclusive that RWX can beat LHC with his inner power? RWX's swordplay was no slouch either. I am pretty certain his swordplay can defeat Chongxu.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    5) Huang Shang's story (did he encounter Du Gu ?)
    Whether Huang Shang encountered Du Gu would be what you think of HS. Do you think he would be a very focused person or cared to entertain side...pursuits? If someone challenged GJ while he was defending Xiangyang just for fun, what do you think GJ would do? Would GJ risk his life just to prove he was better than someone else?

At that time, HS was fighting against armies (forgot exact back story). Not sure if he would have the leisure to duel Du Gu. What if he lost and got severely injured?