Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Story of a Noble Family

Default The Story of a Noble Family

Does anybody have any information on this series. I heard that it's almost of a remake of "Yesterday's Glitter " with Liza Wang & Damian Lau.

here's the chinese website: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/f/jfsj/index.html

It's showing in the Bay Area on KTSF 9 PM. It seems like it's gonna be a really sad movie.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Last edited by shootingst8r; 02-05-04 at 07:34 PM.
    ~True friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.~

It isn't the remake of previous TV series. I believe it is an adaption of the novel.

Yu Yi Fei was really pretty.. and Chen Kun...
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Yeah, they showing this on KTSF (channel 8) at 9 p.m. pt...just got small glimpse yesterday...eventhough I don't understand what they're saying I'm still going to watch it tonight. So what's the story about. Who end up with who? or is this the kind of serie where all characters have a sad and lonely ending...hope not....the guy look cute, also the girl look pretty.

ooooh....i'm watching it in the bay area too. and i'm liking it already. but i'm dying to know more about this series!
    There's no place like home........

I believe it is an adaption of the novel.
    Yep. Based on the book of the same name(Jin Fen Shi Jia) by Zhang Hen Shui. Published in several volumes from 1926-1932.

From the synopsis of the the show and the novel, I could see similarities to Yesterday's Glitter. But let's face it, the plot of Yesterday's Glitter(rich kid fell in love with poor girl, faces all sorts of roadblocks, eventually everything blows up...) is hardly the most novel idea in the world.

I thought about renting this series, but chose Secret of the Linked Cities. Maybe I'll try it later. It looks promising.

I thought about renting this series, but chose Secret of the Linked Cities. Maybe I'll try it later. It looks promising.
    Good Choice Meh.

Probably you will like Linked City even though it got kinda melodramatic. I enjoyed it.

Well, I already finished Secret of the Linked Cities. I liked it. Better than I expected and remarkably faithful to the novel, or at least from what little I still remember of the novel.

But it's exam week so I have to put off any serial watching(I tend to be the addictive type who'll watch 10 episodes a sitting if it's good) for now. Upon reading the episode synopsis and cast list, this serial seems REMARKABLY similar to Yesterday's Glitter. So perhaps they are both based on the same book. So I might not get it. I didn't find Yesterday's Glitter all that great. Even if it was really, really sad.

Yup. Very closely followed the novel indeed. (Linked City)

I haven't watched Jin Fen Shi Jia completely.

Too busy watching Ping Zong Xia Ying.

Good luck with exam.

dude, i do see the resemblance of yesterday's glitter in this series. maybe cuz they both got the rich guy falls in love with poor girl thing going on.

anyways...this series ain't that bad. not to mention that the lead actor is pretty good-looking and the lead actress is cute herself might i add. but that's about all i know about this series. so could anyone give me some sites where i can read more about it..like an episode synopsis. preferably in english. cuz my chinese reading skills are kinda rusty.
    you laugh cuz i'm different, i laugh cuz you're all the same

I believe I once posted this series thread down under. there was a site for Jin Fen Xi Jia for sina.

How is the series?? I've only seen the first 2 episodes and I kinda give it coz i found Chen Kun's character is so annoying..
    so suggestion please .. should i bother watching the rest of the series considering it's quite long (40 episodes)????

i just read that the ending is really sad....is it really? cuz that just makes me not want to watch it anymore....i just hate sad endings....do the two leading roles end up together at least??

Can anyone please tell me does Dong Jie have an English name? I really like her...she is so pretty in this serie..and do you know any English website of her ( I'm viet)... Thank you.
    Oh, Dong Jie is the main girl that Chen Kun is falling head over heels for...

http://www.ktsf.com/ktsf_e/programs/noble.html

^ i was watching a little of today's episode where he had to kneel down with these 4 other guys or something like that lol

Originally posted by vitalgurl
    http://www.ktsf.com/ktsf_e/programs/noble.html

^ i was watching a little of today's episode where he had to kneel down with these 4 other guys or something like that lol
    The other three that kneel down with him are his brothers...for some reason their father read the newspaper and was really mad about it ( maybe say something bad about him;tarnish his reputation)(Sorry if it's not accurate because i'm just going with the picture here). Anyway, his wife is teaching at a rundown school house where she meet her old friend ( he was in love with her from the beginning and still does)...I wonder what's going to happen....I heard later he (Chen Kun) proposed to the other girl...what's her name( can't remember)...the girl that likes Chen Kun but he doesn't like her back...so I'm very curious as why he propose to her...

I think they had to kneel because Chen Kun helped his friend by bribing the officials. Then the newspapers comes out with a story about the governor's son being corrupt with the backing of the governor. The father is afraid that they might try to fire him and get another governor in.

I can't wait to see the ending....... i know it's gonna be a sad ending, but i want to see how sad!
    ~True friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.~

Originally posted by shootingst8r
    I think they had to kneel because Chen Kun helped his friend by bribing the officials. Then the newspapers comes out with a story about the governor's son being corrupt with the backing of the governor. The father is afraid that they might try to fire him and get another governor in.

I can't wait to see the ending....... i know it's gonna be a sad ending, but i want to see how sad!
    Me too..I can't wait to see the ending...in the old version Chen Kun's character supposed to die in the end but in this version he is alive and going to Japan...SPOILER!!!!!!...Under Zhang Hen Shui's writing, the ending of "Jin Fen Shi Jia" is: Jin Yan Xi leaves the country while Leng Qin Qiu sold her writing to survive, each have their hatred and complaints for the other splitting from each other. However, the last scene in this mainland chinese tv series "The Story of a Noble Family" is the two "re-encountering" each other. Yan Xi unexpectedly sees Qing Qiu walks up to him on a corridor on a train station, and the two of them can't help but hug each other. Yet, when Yan Xi concentrates real hard, he realizes he is just day-dreaming, he's only by himself on a corridor on a train station. And at this time, the angle of the screen extends, we see Qing Qiu carrying a child on a train running by. Two people who love each other are now forever apart....credit to Roadrunner

omg...aaawwwww.....that's so saaaaaad.....i don't want to continue watching it anymore now.....
    who's child is it that qing qiu's carrying?
    and why did they split up????????

Originally posted by hahaha
    omg...aaawwwww.....that's so saaaaaad.....i don't want to continue watching it anymore now.....
    who's child is it that qing qiu's carrying?
    and why did they split up????????
    Of course it's chen Kun baby. I don't know why they split up...I also wanted to know. He seem to love her very much (sigh).....well, here's more bits I happen to see posted by Sonia...Spoilers...Did Yan Xi and Qing Qiu get a divorce? (I think they did, can't really remember. They must have because Yan Xi proposed to Xiu Zhu. She rejects his proposal,stating that whatever she did, she did it for revenge.) Meanwhile, QQ, disappointed with her failed marriage, moves out of the Jin residence with her baby and lives in a rundown cottage off the mansion. One night, the cottage caught fire; QQ and her baby are assumed dead. Of course, Yan Xi is now filled with guilt and regrets. The show ends with Yan Xi sitting inside a train going to a port en route to Japan. A moving train with QQ inside passes him by.

Bad fortune befalls the Jins; the family break up and the members go their separate ways. (jia po ren wang ¼ÒÆÆÈËÍö ) Thus, the death of the father heralds the demise of a powerful and prominent noble family.

man, i knew the ending was going to be sad. but not that sad....

there should be a sequel to this.....